Pechanga Resort & Casino Employee Reviews in United States

A very hectic and busy casino which is a really fun place to work for
Cage Cashier/Lead Cage Cashier/Money Changer (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 15, 2016
Very busy just to start my shift, I learned all the paperwork processing money wise. The management is awesome, lots of incentives. My co workers are great I can't complain. The hardest part of the job which I'm not really complaining .. The more challenge the better, the most enjoyable part of the job are the nice views seeing people smiling . Friendly people ( guests & employees )
Pros
THE CASINO JUST KEEP ON IMPROVING
Cons
N/A
I loved Working at Pechanga Resort & Casino
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
I was a security dispatcher and besides the obvious action of surveillance, it was definitely challenging. You had to deal with the security officers on patrol and designate them, because I also had surveillance with other people in the same office of course. There was room for growth. Hardest part of the job would be trying to be as accurate as you can in communication when an urgent incident was taking place.You can not panic otherwise you will be ineffective in guiding your officers in communication. The easy part was just surveying and directing security traffic.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
can be tense
Willing to work around you and will give you more opportunities
Bell Person/Front Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at Pechanga Resort and Casino consists of meeting new guest and giving service to regulars. The management is great. They make sure you are comfortable in your workplace and they get to know each individual. I was able to get along very well with all my coworkers because everyone seems most content with their jobs and we can all relate. I enjoyed being able to build relationships and work for this company.
Pros
Cheap and quality food, discounts, great benefits, can work overtime
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if going to school
Valet lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 6, 2015
Always came in with great customer service for the guests and great leasdership for my co-workers. I gained a lot of resposibilities and had to learn how to multitask. The hardest part was working outside in the 100 degree weather to the below 60's. The part i liked most was kmowing I could take care of any situation as far as co-workers or guests.
Pros
I gained a lot of experiance
Cons
Not organized, Bad leadership
Very fun workplace
Depart Of Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  TemeculaAugust 6, 2015
Walk Casino Floor and assist patrons as needed and ensure Casino Patrons are safe and that Pechanga's assets are secure.

Leaned allot about several other cultures and the gaming industry.

Management was good but a little in-experienced in several areas of leadership and general customer service, but very enthusiastic.

My co-workers were awesome. some of the people I have ever had the privileged of knowing.

Very monotonous Job and same routine everyday, Not mentally challenging enough.

The most enjoyable part was the People I got to meet and associate with.
Pros
Very fun and got to meet and interact with allot of awesome people
Cons
Not very challenging on a mental level
Recently voted the top Casino in the USA
Help Desk II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaliforniaJuly 20, 2015
My day would start with the morning meeting with the Director of Information Technology & staff. With a cup of coffee in hand we would discuss the Plan of the Day. There was always such a happy vibe going on in our department or with the entire company for that matter. There was always such good rapport between co-workers and Casino staff.

I would say the hardest part of the job was the rules and regulations could sometimes be a little strict. On the other hand I think that is probably what made it one of the top Casinos in the country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going around the different departments greeting everyone and fixing their PC issues.
Pros
The Christmas bonuses are nice
Cons
The day is not long enough
Toxic work environment- worse management ever
Admin. Finance (Current Employee) –  financeJune 24, 2015
Pechanga could be a good place but the management is non existent, what would you think if your boss yells bad names all the time?
Everyone is afraid and fear rules. Doesn't matter how hard or how experienced or how good you are if you are not willing to kiss the "management" a... this is not a place for you.
Stay away it is the most toxic sickening work environment ever.
If you don't want to have cancer don't do it to yourself. There are respectable places to work and Pechanga is far from it. Besides all offices are old and stinky.
Value and respect yourself! Never aply to such a trash work place!!
Pros
It seems good from distance
Cons
Sickening toxic place
Easy job
Events Representative (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 9, 2015
You will work a lot of hours, most weekends, some shifts can be 10 hours a day, lots of physical labor, mandatory holidays. You will be scheduled just under 40 hours in a week...you will never get benefits. They tell you that you can apply for other positions but, no one ever seems to move into other departments when they apply. Most middle management is young & unprofessional. There are lots of rules but no one really follows the rules.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
You are always being watched, management changes the rules all the time & most people don't follow the rules anyway.
Pechanga was cool, but management sucked.
Cocktail Waitress - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at pechanga was cool at the time, but the pay was horrible. Working on an indian reservation was really strict, and getting hired on took about 3 months! They go through a VERY thorough process and ran things a little odd.
Pros
decent money cocktailing, and 30 minute paid break.
Cons
terrible pay
Great Property to work for
Slots Bench Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  45000 Pechanga PkwyDecember 27, 2011
Family oriented atmosphere ,employees treated like family, I had a great team i had the honor of working with during my five years,
I worked very hard with my team members to bring my department into a productive status, training my replacement prior to my leaving on my new venture , i miss my friends dearly
Pros
great team members and supervisors, best benifits, edr great food
Cons
change in management, i have heard has changed employee moral
Lowest Pay in Industry and Politics Rule
Charter Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TemeculaOctober 21, 2012
You are a number at this place of business. #3454 out of 4,000 and they don't make you forget it throughout your time there. If you enjoy customer service and mingling with large crowds, try to get a shift during the day. If you want to smell like smoke and be accosted by addicts, make sure to grab the night shift. The pay here is lowest in comparison to all other Indian casinos and they really practice the "at-will" employment whenever they feel like you are no longer needed. I'm sure you can find a better employer than this one.
Pros
? it's a paycheck.
Cons
not appreciated. hazardous work and requiring getting to work 20 minutes early every day.
They say one thing and they act differently
Retail Attendant (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 22, 2012
There isn't a typical day at work, each day is different and always unclear from begining to end.

I have learn patients as well as how to handle difficult situations

Management is unreliable, the communication between levels is very broken and does not seem to be ever a concern to others. Plus they treat people differently when it comes to certain circumstances.

My co-workers are know it alls and never help each other, they mainly focus on themselves and do not know they meaning of team work.

The hardest part of the job is the language barrier between us and our guests

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and seeing regular guests when they come in.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
management, lack of respect, hours
I really enjoyed working with the patrons
Slot Technician II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2014
Shift started at 10pm with a quick meeting, then it was up to the casino floor to assist slot floor attendants and patrons.

We had to keep moving so walking an average of 7 miles per night was to be expected.

Co-workers where great when they where on the floor working.

Best part of the job was leaving in the morning.
Pros
no suprises, same 'ol every night.
Cons
lots of favoritism among management.
Well organized and fun.
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 21, 2015
It's a very fun place to work at and everyone is helpful. The place is very organized and always on top of things when needed.
Awesome team players
CAD Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Usually I oversee the Tenant Imorovement Jobs for the facilities department, from he design of it and creation of permit sets to schedule of job and supervise the construction of them, there is an excelent place to learn on how a Resort and Casino must be fully designed and managed, Which brings me to the point of their management which is always looking for create a terrific work enviroment looking for the improvement of the team members to create the best experience for the customers, which makes all the team members sort of a big family where all try to help each other.
Excelent workplace, everyone works as a team and there is job security indeed unfortunately there's not much of an opportunity of advancement, after my position, in my field within the company.
Pros
benefits, freedom of work
Cons
too many rules
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 14, 2013
Typical day as a beverage supervisor included administrative work to assign cocktail servers, bartenders, bar backs and bar porters with their placements for the shift. Conducting a team briefing with placements, company updates and answer any questions. I personally supervised the RoundBar and was responsible for its sales and responsible for keeping the 4 diamond standard for great guest service.
I learned how to be a good leader, listener. I also learned a great deal about time management.
For the most part my co workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was to supervise so many team members at once, between 30-90 on any given shift. And that was split between 3 beverage supervisors for the whole casino.
I loved being able to walk the casino floor and greet guests, solve problems, network with other departments.
buffet hostess
Buffet Hostess (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 25, 2013
a typical day at work depends on the how busy the casino is that day. on busy days your stress level are very high and customers tend to be rude. i learned a great deal of patience with working here and how to work well under a lot of stress and in a high stress position. management depends on how the work day is. sometimes with all of the stress the team motivation is a little low. Sandy and Kathy are great leaders. Greg has done a great job of adjusting to motivating us. We have a new assistant manager that everyone is still adjusting to. He tends to argue back when we try to suggest or help him with how things are usually done. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm when it is busy and to work holidays and be away from my family. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone treats each other as a family since we all spend so much time working together
Learned a lot and had fun
Rewards Club Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 16, 2013
Busy, fast paced and at times stressful. Starting there as a line person and moving up to management I learned a lot, scheduling, promotions, organizational skills, reports, employee reviews, hiring, administration, etc. I enjoyed working with my fellow supervisors and sharing any knowledge that I could and learning from them as well. The hardest part was having to reprimand my employees but I found that as long as I kept it positive and upbeat that they understood what they needed to work on without feeling down on themselves. The best part of my job was when I had my employees come to me and tell them that I was a good supervisor, or that I had helped them or asked for advice. It was always nice to know that even if I had to reprimand them they knew that I was always there for them if they needed me.
Pros
free lunch, team work, on call tech support, training
Cons
staffing, communcation
fun place to work and stressful at times
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 10, 2013
typical day busy
I learned how to manage and deal with a lot of internal and external issues with the public.
management has a lot of favoritism
running two cages
the public
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
short breaks, alot of favortism, unfair rules
Not a secure place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  temecula, caApril 6, 2012
24/7 business so never expect weekends or holidays off. lots of bu
beuracracy and most things work off senority. lots of micro management and hard to be recognized for individual hard work or efforts.
benefits
Cons
no job security

Pechanga Resort & Casino Reviews by Location