Pechanga Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Live entertainment, dining, slot machines and table games
Special Events /Box Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 5, 2013
A typical day at work for me would vary on a day to day basis. I was in charge of the ticketing sales, casino wide decorations and live entertainment at the casino. I would work varies hours depending on what artist/artists or VIP event we were having. I was responsibly for reviewing contracts with upper management re negotiating with the artists, booking agent, outside vendors, creating and receiving a high volume of calls (200) or more on a daily basis. In addition I was in charge of the entire casino holiday decorations throughout the casino

I learned how to communicate with the entertainment industry. I learned customer satisfaction, customer service, departmental budget, filing, spreadsheets, graphs, event/staffing schedules, ticketing system as well as the polices and procedures of the organization.

I attended meeting on weekly basis with upper management to review and negotiate new contracts along with the departmental budget. I enjoyed learning and giving the opportunity to work closely with management.

I enjoyed working as a team with my immediate co workers as well as other departments in the organization. when putting an event together other departments within the organization would work closely, we worked as team and took pride of our responsibilities to have a successful event.

The hardest part of my job was eating the food in the staff cafeteria.
the most enjoyable was working for PRC, meeting lots of artists, decorating the casino, working with the team and achieving the goals and experience.
Pros
bonuses, company phone, training/mangement classes, meal cards
Cons
short lunches, had to stay on property for lunch, smoke, uniforms
If you are a casino employee you could do worse
Poker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 12, 2012
Pechanga is a beautiful property and more often than not shows a strong commitment to its employees. The vast majority of staff members one meets while working are friendly and kind. The culture at Pechanga feels a bit forced at time, in the form of rhetoric, but it has a good all for one vibe. A typical day of work is exactly what is to be expected from a casino job. It is unspoken that you will be putting in a good deal of overtime on holidays, that weekends are work days, and that you can be moved to the night shift without notice. It can put strain on family and social relationships if you let it. The managers often seem to have their hearts in the right place but are also unqualified to hold their positions or make the business decisions that come with said positions. It is in my experience this is a byproduct of a industry culture that values gaming experience over business experience. All in all Pechanga is not a bad place to work if you enjoy the casino industry. The easiest part of the job for me was knowing that the people I was working with were kind, quality people. The hardest part for me was seeing questionable business decisions made by those above me. I also had personal issues adjusting to working nights/weekends/holidays.
Pros
company paid food card, good benefits, bi-yearly bonuses
Cons
unpleasant work hours, inept management
Working in a fun packed environment with the opportunity to interface with guests.
Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 1, 2013
The day started with graveyard pre-shift briefings. This was my opportunity to set a positive and upbeat approach for those that worked the Graveyard beverage shift. The customer is our most important asset, and in the briefings I always gave our team some key customer service tips to insure our guest were receiving excellent service. My entire career involved customer service at all levels, whether in retail store operations, upper management levels, or with casino guests. I had an outstanding team who performed at the highest levels, completing their assignments as required. The hardest part of my job was working understaffed many mornings, due to the difficult nature of having to work the graveyard shift. In my entire 35 year career I have never worked a more enjoyable job. I had fun interacting with guests and managing my team. One of the more challenging things that I had to do was build positive working relationships with the other departments.
Pros
graveyard hours which worked for me and my family, health benefits, meal allowance, and the opportunity to service our guests with a great team.
Cons
we were at times short staffed, however, we always got the job done.
Rules change weekly, supervisors stress out over nothing
Slot Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 28, 2013
As a slot Tech 1 your typical day is doing the same thing as slot floor helping gust, pushing in chairs, and walking mile after mile for half the pay as slot floor but as a tech you also get to fix any thing broke you come a cross witch adds to your work load because there is no team work their. As a tech you will be assigned to work one half the casino (2000 games) or work a project (setting up games /ram clears) typically there will be two people per side and one floater but DONT EXPECT ANY TEAM WORK there was 0 help even if you called some one on the radio because most of the time the other techs were hiding in the breakroom or off the floor someplace stealing company time. supervisors had radios and herd all the calls but fail to do anything.

Training was the worst they spend a month training you but you have a new person to train you each day so no one knew what you already learned. Also they would show you some things one time and expect you to know it.

Hous where no good because you arnt getting on days any time soon.

my advice go to slot floor they they make 8-10$ more per hour than the techs and do half the as much work.
Pros
pay check and pto was good
Cons
supervisor, hours, language barrier with gust
Learned a lot and had fun
Rewards Club Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 16, 2013
Busy, fast paced and at times stressful. Starting there as a line person and moving up to management I learned a lot, scheduling, promotions, organizational skills, reports, employee reviews, hiring, administration, etc. I enjoyed working with my fellow supervisors and sharing any knowledge that I could and learning from them as well. The hardest part was having to reprimand my employees but I found that as long as I kept it positive and upbeat that they understood what they needed to work on without feeling down on themselves. The best part of my job was when I had my employees come to me and tell them that I was a good supervisor, or that I had helped them or asked for advice. It was always nice to know that even if I had to reprimand them they knew that I was always there for them if they needed me.
Pros
free lunch, team work, on call tech support, training
Cons
staffing, communcation
buffet hostess
Buffet Hostess (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 25, 2013
a typical day at work depends on the how busy the casino is that day. on busy days your stress level are very high and customers tend to be rude. i learned a great deal of patience with working here and how to work well under a lot of stress and in a high stress position. management depends on how the work day is. sometimes with all of the stress the team motivation is a little low. Sandy and Kathy are great leaders. Greg has done a great job of adjusting to motivating us. We have a new assistant manager that everyone is still adjusting to. He tends to argue back when we try to suggest or help him with how things are usually done. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm when it is busy and to work holidays and be away from my family. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone treats each other as a family since we all spend so much time working together
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 14, 2013
Typical day as a beverage supervisor included administrative work to assign cocktail servers, bartenders, bar backs and bar porters with their placements for the shift. Conducting a team briefing with placements, company updates and answer any questions. I personally supervised the RoundBar and was responsible for its sales and responsible for keeping the 4 diamond standard for great guest service.
I learned how to be a good leader, listener. I also learned a great deal about time management.
For the most part my co workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was to supervise so many team members at once, between 30-90 on any given shift. And that was split between 3 beverage supervisors for the whole casino.
I loved being able to walk the casino floor and greet guests, solve problems, network with other departments.
Awesome team players
CAD Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Usually I oversee the Tenant Imorovement Jobs for the facilities department, from he design of it and creation of permit sets to schedule of job and supervise the construction of them, there is an excelent place to learn on how a Resort and Casino must be fully designed and managed, Which brings me to the point of their management which is always looking for create a terrific work enviroment looking for the improvement of the team members to create the best experience for the customers, which makes all the team members sort of a big family where all try to help each other.
Excelent workplace, everyone works as a team and there is job security indeed unfortunately there's not much of an opportunity of advancement, after my position, in my field within the company.
Pros
benefits, freedom of work
Cons
too many rules
They say one thing and they act differently
Retail Attendant (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 22, 2012
There isn't a typical day at work, each day is different and always unclear from begining to end.

I have learn patients as well as how to handle difficult situations

Management is unreliable, the communication between levels is very broken and does not seem to be ever a concern to others. Plus they treat people differently when it comes to certain circumstances.

My co-workers are know it alls and never help each other, they mainly focus on themselves and do not know they meaning of team work.

The hardest part of the job is the language barrier between us and our guests

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and seeing regular guests when they come in.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
management, lack of respect, hours

Comment – January 21, 2013

i worked there 9 years i was dealer in high limit. and i had a perfect attendance record. i hurt my knee real bad and doctor put me off work 1 week. then i was cleared by doctor and casino management to come back to work. i worked 3 weeks then the day before i was to go on vacation the casino manager terminated me saying i had 15 points for 3 days of my leave by doctor. telling me that it was chinese new years holiday. but i explained to him i had doctors order to be off work. i could not walk. they mangement and the indians said it dont matter if you are out with doctors note. if it is a holiday tough luck on you your fired. now you can tell me if this is a good place to work or not

Recently voted the top Casino in the USA
Help Desk II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaliforniaJuly 20, 2015
My day would start with the morning meeting with the Director of Information Technology & staff. With a cup of coffee in hand we would discuss the Plan of the Day. There was always such a happy vibe going on in our department or with the entire company for that matter. There was always such good rapport between co-workers and Casino staff.

I would say the hardest part of the job was the rules and regulations could sometimes be a little strict. On the other hand I think that is probably what made it one of the top Casinos in the country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going around the different departments greeting everyone and fixing their PC issues.
Pros
The Christmas bonuses are nice
Cons
The day is not long enough

Want to know more about Pechanga Resort & Casino?

Ask a question
Very fun workplace
Depart Of Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  TemeculaAugust 6, 2015
Walk Casino Floor and assist patrons as needed and ensure Casino Patrons are safe and that Pechanga's assets are secure.

Leaned allot about several other cultures and the gaming industry.

Management was good but a little in-experienced in several areas of leadership and general customer service, but very enthusiastic.

My co-workers were awesome. some of the people I have ever had the privileged of knowing.

Very monotonous Job and same routine everyday, Not mentally challenging enough.

The most enjoyable part was the People I got to meet and associate with.
Pros
Very fun and got to meet and interact with allot of awesome people
Cons
Not very challenging on a mental level
Toxic work environment- worse management ever
Admin. Finance (Current Employee) –  financeJune 24, 2015
Pechanga could be a good place but the management is non existent, what would you think if your boss yells bad names all the time?
Everyone is afraid and fear rules. Doesn't matter how hard or how experienced or how good you are if you are not willing to kiss the "management" a... this is not a place for you.
Stay away it is the most toxic sickening work environment ever.
If you don't want to have cancer don't do it to yourself. There are respectable places to work and Pechanga is far from it. Besides all offices are old and stinky.
Value and respect yourself! Never aply to such a trash work place!!
Pros
It seems good from distance
Cons
Sickening toxic place
Lowest Pay in Industry and Politics Rule
Charter Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TemeculaOctober 21, 2012
You are a number at this place of business. #3454 out of 4,000 and they don't make you forget it throughout your time there. If you enjoy customer service and mingling with large crowds, try to get a shift during the day. If you want to smell like smoke and be accosted by addicts, make sure to grab the night shift. The pay here is lowest in comparison to all other Indian casinos and they really practice the "at-will" employment whenever they feel like you are no longer needed. I'm sure you can find a better employer than this one.
Pros
? it's a paycheck.
Cons
not appreciated. hazardous work and requiring getting to work 20 minutes early every day.
Willing to work around you and will give you more opportunities
Bell Person/Front Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at Pechanga Resort and Casino consists of meeting new guest and giving service to regulars. The management is great. They make sure you are comfortable in your workplace and they get to know each individual. I was able to get along very well with all my coworkers because everyone seems most content with their jobs and we can all relate. I enjoyed being able to build relationships and work for this company.
Pros
Cheap and quality food, discounts, great benefits, can work overtime
Cons
short breaks
Easy job
Events Representative (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 9, 2015
You will work a lot of hours, most weekends, some shifts can be 10 hours a day, lots of physical labor, mandatory holidays. You will be scheduled just under 40 hours in a week...you will never get benefits. They tell you that you can apply for other positions but, no one ever seems to move into other departments when they apply. Most middle management is young & unprofessional. There are lots of rules but no one really follows the rules.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
You are always being watched, management changes the rules all the time & most people don't follow the rules anyway.
Great Property to work for
Slots Bench Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  45000 Pechanga PkwyDecember 27, 2011
Family oriented atmosphere ,employees treated like family, I had a great team i had the honor of working with during my five years,
I worked very hard with my team members to bring my department into a productive status, training my replacement prior to my leaving on my new venture , i miss my friends dearly
Pros
great team members and supervisors, best benifits, edr great food
Cons
change in management, i have heard has changed employee moral
Great place to work if going to school
Valet lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 6, 2015
Always came in with great customer service for the guests and great leasdership for my co-workers. I gained a lot of resposibilities and had to learn how to multitask. The hardest part was working outside in the 100 degree weather to the below 60's. The part i liked most was kmowing I could take care of any situation as far as co-workers or guests.
Pros
I gained a lot of experiance
Cons
Not organized, Bad leadership
I really enjoyed working with the patrons
Slot Technician II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2014
Shift started at 10pm with a quick meeting, then it was up to the casino floor to assist slot floor attendants and patrons.

We had to keep moving so walking an average of 7 miles per night was to be expected.

Co-workers where great when they where on the floor working.

Best part of the job was leaving in the morning.
Pros
no suprises, same 'ol every night.
Cons
lots of favoritism among management.
Pechanga was cool, but management sucked.
Cocktail Waitress - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at pechanga was cool at the time, but the pay was horrible. Working on an indian reservation was really strict, and getting hired on took about 3 months! They go through a VERY thorough process and ran things a little odd.
Pros
decent money cocktailing, and 30 minute paid break.
Cons
terrible pay
fun place to work and stressful at times
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 10, 2013
typical day busy
I learned how to manage and deal with a lot of internal and external issues with the public.
management has a lot of favoritism
running two cages
the public
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
short breaks, alot of favortism, unfair rules