Pechanga Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Recently voted the top Casino in the USA
Help Desk II (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The Christmas bonuses are nice
Cons: The day is not long enough
My day would start with the morning meeting with the Director of Information Technology & staff. With a cup of coffee in hand we would discuss the Plan of the Day. There was always such a happy vibe going on in our department or with the entire company for that matter. There was always such good rapport between co-workers and Casino staff.

I would say the hardest part of the job was the rules and regulations could sometimes be a little strict. On the other hand I think that is probably what made it one of the top Casinos in the country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going around the different departments greeting everyone and fixing their PC issues.
Toxic work environment- worse management ever
Admin. Finance (Current Employee), financeJune 24, 2015
Pros: It seems good from distance
Cons: Sickening toxic place
Pechanga could be a good place but the management is non existent, what would you think if your boss yells bad names all the time?
Everyone is afraid and fear rules. Doesn't matter how hard or how experienced or how good you are if you are not willing to kiss the "management" a... this is not a place for you.
Stay away it is the most toxic sickening work environment ever.
If you don't want to have cancer don't do it to yourself. There are respectable places to work and Pechanga is far from it. Besides all offices are old and stinky.
Value and respect yourself! Never aply to such a trash work place!!
Easy job
Events Representative (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: You are always being watched, management changes the rules all the time & most people don't follow the rules anyway.
You will work a lot of hours, most weekends, some shifts can be 10 hours a day, lots of physical labor, mandatory holidays. You will be scheduled just under 40 hours in a week...you will never get benefits. They tell you that you can apply for other positions but, no one ever seems to move into other departments when they apply. Most middle management is young & unprofessional. There are lots of rules but no one really follows the rules.
Well organized and fun.
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 21, 2015
It's a very fun place to work at and everyone is helpful. The place is very organized and always on top of things when needed.
Pechanga was cool, but management sucked.
Cocktail Waitress - Full Time (Former Employee), Temecula, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: decent money cocktailing, and 30 minute paid break.
Cons: terrible pay
Working at pechanga was cool at the time, but the pay was horrible. Working on an indian reservation was really strict, and getting hired on took about 3 months! They go through a VERY thorough process and ran things a little odd.
Productive work environment with friendly team staff.
BELL PERSON (Former Employee), Temecula, CAApril 7, 2014
What I learned most was time management skill my days at Pechanga. I also improve working well with others. You get to meet new people on the daily basis and I enjoyed that aspect very much.
I really enjoyed working with the patrons
Slot Technician II (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: no suprises, same 'ol every night.
Cons: lots of favoritism among management.
Shift started at 10pm with a quick meeting, then it was up to the casino floor to assist slot floor attendants and patrons.

We had to keep moving so walking an average of 7 miles per night was to be expected.

Co-workers where great when they where on the floor working.

Best part of the job was leaving in the morning.
The place was awesome
Bartender (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: the co-workers were so much fun and honest...loved them all...
Cons: nothing
I loved the co-workers, as well as the management.....miss that place...
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 14, 2013
Typical day as a beverage supervisor included administrative work to assign cocktail servers, bartenders, bar backs and bar porters with their placements for the shift. Conducting a team briefing with placements, company updates and answer any questions. I personally supervised the RoundBar and was responsible for its sales and responsible for keeping the 4 diamond standard for great guest service.
I learned how to be a good leader, listener. I also learned a great deal about time management.
For the most part my co workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was to supervise so many team members at once, between 30-90 on any given shift. And that was split between 3 beverage supervisors for the whole casino.
I loved being able to walk the casino floor and greet guests, solve problems, network with other departments.
Loved it there.
Rewards Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: fast pace
My manager was great! 40 plus hours was nice and great co-workers
Learned a lot and had fun
Rewards Club Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch, team work, on call tech support, training
Cons: staffing, communcation
Busy, fast paced and at times stressful. Starting there as a line person and moving up to management I learned a lot, scheduling, promotions, organizational skills, reports, employee reviews, hiring, administration, etc. I enjoyed working with my fellow supervisors and sharing any knowledge that I could and learning from them as well. The hardest part was having to reprimand my employees but I found that as long as I kept it positive and upbeat that they understood what they needed to work on without feeling down on themselves. The best part of my job was when I had my employees come to me and tell them that I was a good supervisor, or that I had helped them or asked for advice. It was always nice to know that even if I had to reprimand them they knew that I was always there for them if they needed me.
It was a fun place to work, Customers were nice to help
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: custoemrs, and the benefits
Cons: very shorts breaks and we had to buy are own lunches.
Customers were always very nice to me and respectful, I love dealing with the Public.
fun place to work and stressful at times
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benifits and pay
Cons: short breaks, alot of favortism, unfair rules
typical day busy
I learned how to manage and deal with a lot of internal and external issues with the public.
management has a lot of favoritism
running two cages
the public
Rules change weekly, supervisors stress out over nothing
Slot Technician 1 (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: pay check and pto was good
Cons: supervisor, hours, language barrier with gust
As a slot Tech 1 your typical day is doing the same thing as slot floor helping gust, pushing in chairs, and walking mile after mile for half the pay as slot floor but as a tech you also get to fix any thing broke you come a cross witch adds to your work load because there is no team work their. As a tech you will be assigned to work one half the casino (2000 games) or work a project (setting up games /ram clears) typically there will be two people per side and one floater but DONT EXPECT ANY TEAM WORK there was 0 help even if you called some one on the radio because most of the time the other techs were hiding in the breakroom or off the floor someplace stealing company time. supervisors had radios and herd all the calls but fail to do anything.

Training was the worst they spend a month training you but you have a new person to train you each day so no one knew what you already learned. Also they would show you some things one time and expect you to know it.

Hous where no good because you arnt getting on days any time soon.

my advice go to slot floor they they make 8-10$ more per hour than the techs and do half the as much work.
buffet hostess
Buffet Hostess (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJune 25, 2013
a typical day at work depends on the how busy the casino is that day. on busy days your stress level are very high and customers tend to be rude. i learned a great deal of patience with working here and how to work well under a lot of stress and in a high stress position. management depends on how the work day is. sometimes with all of the stress the team motivation is a little low. Sandy and Kathy are great leaders. Greg has done a great job of adjusting to motivating us. We have a new assistant manager that everyone is still adjusting to. He tends to argue back when we try to suggest or help him with how things are usually done. The hardest part of the job is to keep calm when it is busy and to work holidays and be away from my family. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone treats each other as a family since we all spend so much time working together
Diverse workplace
Cash Cage Supervisor (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJune 20, 2013
This was a very diverse workplace where I had the opportunity to interact with many different people from all walks of life. Only real drawback was there was no real advancement opportunities.
Working in a fun packed environment with the opportunity to interface with guests.
Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAApril 1, 2013
Pros: graveyard hours which worked for me and my family, health benefits, meal allowance, and the opportunity to service our guests with a great team.
Cons: we were at times short staffed, however, we always got the job done.
The day started with graveyard pre-shift briefings. This was my opportunity to set a positive and upbeat approach for those that worked the Graveyard beverage shift. The customer is our most important asset, and in the briefings I always gave our team some key customer service tips to insure our guest were receiving excellent service. My entire career involved customer service at all levels, whether in retail store operations, upper management levels, or with casino guests. I had an outstanding team who performed at the highest levels, completing their assignments as required. The hardest part of my job was working understaffed many mornings, due to the difficult nature of having to work the graveyard shift. In my entire 35 year career I have never worked a more enjoyable job. I had fun interacting with guests and managing my team. One of the more challenging things that I had to do was build positive working relationships with the other departments.
Live entertainment, dining, slot machines and table games
Special Events /Box Office Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: bonuses, company phone, training/mangement classes, meal cards
Cons: short lunches, had to stay on property for lunch, smoke, uniforms
A typical day at work for me would vary on a day to day basis. I was in charge of the ticketing sales, casino wide decorations and live entertainment at the casino. I would work varies hours depending on what artist/artists or VIP event we were having. I was responsibly for reviewing contracts with upper management re negotiating with the artists, booking agent, outside vendors, creating and receiving a high volume of calls (200) or more on a daily basis. In addition I was in charge of the entire casino holiday decorations throughout the casino

I learned how to communicate with the entertainment industry. I learned customer satisfaction, customer service, departmental budget, filing, spreadsheets, graphs, event/staffing schedules, ticketing system as well as the polices and procedures of the organization.

I attended meeting on weekly basis with upper management to review and negotiate new contracts along with the departmental budget. I enjoyed learning and giving the opportunity to work closely with management.

I enjoyed working as a team with my immediate co workers as well as other departments in the organization. when putting an event together other departments within the organization would work closely, we worked as team and took pride of our responsibilities to have a successful event.

The hardest part of my job was eating the food in the staff cafeteria.
the most enjoyable was working for PRC, meeting lots of artists, decorating the casino, working with the team and achieving the goals and experience.
Awesome team players
CAD Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: benefits, freedom of work
Cons: too many rules
Usually I oversee the Tenant Imorovement Jobs for the facilities department, from he design of it and creation of permit sets to schedule of job and supervise the construction of them, there is an excelent place to learn on how a Resort and Casino must be fully designed and managed, Which brings me to the point of their management which is always looking for create a terrific work enviroment looking for the improvement of the team members to create the best experience for the customers, which makes all the team members sort of a big family where all try to help each other.
Excelent workplace, everyone works as a team and there is job security indeed unfortunately there's not much of an opportunity of advancement, after my position, in my field within the company.
excellent job
Valet dispatch (Former Employee), temecula, caJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: wonderful benifits
pechanga offers a great variety of opportunities and training. management is always available to help with your problems. there isnt really any hard aspects to the job and it always is fun