Peckham Employee Reviews

non profit hires 75% disabled persons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  I-17 and Thunderbird Rd.July 10, 2016
Call center for US Department of State contract to Peckham, a non-profit organization that prefers to hire the disabled. Great 2 week paid training, good starting salary and great benefits.Very good work environment with many accommodations.
Diverse, and productive workplace
KB-NPIC Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 29, 2016
Peckham, Inc is a very good company to work for. The work that is asked to be handled by this company is truly amazing. The company is very diverse and truly cares for their employees. There is more that I"d like to share about this company and being that they are a partnered company with the local community college and university, I do hope to remain on good standings with this company. The employees are taken care of and respected.
fun
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  lansing, miApril 28, 2016
accommodating and fun. flexible and easy going people. lots of benefits offered but insurance is terrible. ceo mitch is like your next door neighbor.
Good work experience but it had its down falls
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 4, 2016
the only problem i had was they would only give me a 2 weeks maternity leave, when legally I'm entitled to 6-8 weeks at least.
helping warfighters
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 16, 2016
it was great to help people from all over the world. Talking with people from the military and making orders for them was rewarding. i also helped trouble shoot different program.
Pros
insurance benefits, fruit
Cons
the supervisor were not very professional
Understanding and fun work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, azJuly 28, 2015
The employers and co-workers were all pretty cool, wasn't a stiff environment for work, everyone was pretty friendly. They worked with you if you had difficulties in the work area and would have one on ones with you for whatever it is that you needed. Even provided training for those without prior work experience.
Pros
had snacks, friendly atmosphere, helpful employers
Cons
short breaks
Maitenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 30, 2015
Typical day at work bonces from slow and busy. What I have learned is no matter how mad the workers get you is don't take it out them. Management was helpful. The co-workers was nice and respectful for the most part. The hardest about the job was it gets packed full of jobs and picking up the sewing machines. The most enjoyable part about the job is the maintenance supervisor.
Pros
people i work with are nice and very respectful and understanding
Cons
out on the work floor can get very messy
Don't even bother
csr (Former Employee) –  lansingJanuary 28, 2015
Management, Supervisors Quality Assurance, Human Resources or VSS are zero, real bad!!!, the culture is base in keeping the employee in constant fear(that is the only one that works, upper level watch internet all day long or use customs or numerous meetings that makes no sense only to keep them busy). The call center is always cold, unless you can work well with backstabbers and brown noses your best bet is to apply in other place, you will be glad!!!!
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
a lot or everything else whatever you prefer
Not a very good company.
Sewing Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJanuary 15, 2015
It feels like you are working in a sweat shop. They don't like you to leave your seat to use the restroom or get something to drink, That's what break is for. Your not allowed to talk to anyone. You are supposed to sit and sew eyes on the machine. Worse job ever.
Pros
at least they pay you minimum wage
Cons
awful awful place
Peckham Review
Customer Interaction Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 9, 2014
Working as an Customer Interaction Agent providing services to all the men and women in all branches of the service is a great job. Peckham strives to make sure that all of their customers are treated with respect, while at the same time they want to ensure that those individuals receive the products and services they need in a timely fashion.
Pros
working for the men and women who protect our country!
Cons
not recongnised for the hard work that is put in by the customer interaction agents.

Want to know more about Peckham?

Ask a question
learned lots of new sewing techniques
Sewer (Former Employee) –  charlotte,miMay 14, 2014
good work atmosphere, respectful supervisors. learned to have great respect for people who make clothing. hardest part of job was sitting constantly. most enjoyable was being part of a team
Comfortable workplace
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 3, 2014
Although it was very loud from all the machines at peckham i was very comfortable and relaxed there. I learned how to sew sleeves onto a jacket and i also learned a few other things as far as sewing. I loved the diversity because u see so many different cultures working there. At first the hardest part was learning how to use the sewing machine but i got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part was when i learned my job well and really looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
diverse and comfortable
Cons
n/a
The Best place to Work At
Bilingual CSR (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48906March 31, 2014
An absolute great Company to work for!
Great programs, activities, diversity of schedules a beautiful facility and excellent compensation/pay program.
Customer Service/Call Center
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2014
Typical day we received calls regarding Passport questions. How to obtain or renew, etc. I learned traveling regulations for the entire world. The co-workers were nice. The hardest job was the training. The most enjoyable was the customers that praised me for my customer service skills.
Pros
the hourly pay
Cons
no cons
Very Good Company To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 11, 2013
Great place to work...very difficult to keep a position if you don't pass the security clearance.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing,MINovember 21, 2013
• Provided excellent and informative customer service within a call center setting.
• Effectively multi-tasked incoming calls regarding confidential information
• Utilized and navigated a company webpage to provide information and services for incoming callers
I enjoy cooking and plan on continuning to do so
Prep-chef (Former Employee) –  LANSING MIOctober 28, 2013
arrive at work 6:50am , prep salad bar, make 150 to 200 sandwiches which also go to other PECKHAM buildings, preping next days lunches, help do catering, go to lunch at noon to 12:30pm, then fill salad bar, prep more food for others and then take down salad bar, then start preping breakfast take out trash and boxes then clock out at 2:30pm.
I love to cook and wish I could do more
I have a great boss, very hard working, very caring. I enjoy going to work everyday!!
so far no job is to hard because i always do my best.
I get along with everyone at work.
Boring Job
Sew Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 24, 2013
-okay with teamwork
-management is good
-taught me how to sew
Pros
benefit
Cons
not enough of equipment we needs
micro managed
Helpdesk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 23, 2013
treat agents as if they were mentaly challenged, all agents must have a+, MS7 , and security plus hardly mentaly challenged
Great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 7, 2013
Overall a great employees. The scheduling was somewhat difficult.
Pros
heath and dental care
Cons
not long enough lunch breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peckham. Our community is ready to answer.