Peckham Employee Reviews

Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2017
Peckham was a fun place to work and very busy with calls from people needing information regarding applying for passports and following up on the status of their passports. A lot of people travel overseas either boat, plane or cruise ships and where anxous to receive their passports.
Stay a way
Tier one service help desk serving (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 11, 2017
Peckham has pore training
they don't show you the tools
they don't show you how to use the tools needed for this job
they harp on you about time but want you to solve as much as you can
the management are always in meetings when you need them the most
they tell you one thing but do another
like with shift bides they state seniority does not matter how every it does very much so
at peckham if you don't take your fare share of calls its ok but then pile the work on to the agents that do take there fare share of calls
Pros
Assorted range of jobs available and opportunities
Green Jacket Line (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 23, 2017
Custodial, sewing, chefs and many more options. School prep, recreation sorts from art, basketball, work out equipment, and events taking place. If you like a variety of people, culture and benefits then this might be the place to get your feet off the ground.
Understanding, kind community of peers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for peckham but was unable to handle a full time job and full time school. I would like to go back to peckham and would go back if hiring.
was a 90 program and i enjoyed the work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 7, 2017
Peckham Was a decent place to work the employees always were finding ways to make it fun to work. it was up beat and always tried hard to meet our goals for the day.
Pros
it wasnt a hard job
Cons
but it was face pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAApril 3, 2017
I loved working there, and loved helping people. All the employees were great as well as management. Flexible hours and adapted for disabilities.Great benefits.
Unlivable wages
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 11, 2017
The wages are unlivable with the local costs of living. I am thankful for all the training I received while working for this company. I agree with some of the realistic Peckham policies.
Ok
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Answered phones and process tickets, changed password and sometimes the after call work to finish tickets was enough allot time to finish the tickets the way they wanted them done.
Pros
Some time free food
Cons
Stessful job
Very busy and productive work place.
sewer/seamstress (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 20, 2017
Learned a lot from here. I now can do a little sewing on my own to get me by. Management was really good. Pay was OK. Employees were OK for the most part.
Pros
Wonderful experience.
Cons
Had lunch at work it was deducted from ur paycheck.
Mission Driven Company - Work With a Purpose
Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 16, 2016
Overall, my experience with Peckham was very positive. Providing job experience and opportunities for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment made coming into work each day satisfying. The company culture is very positive and overall they strive to live the mission daily.

I worked as a supervisor in call Federal contract call centers. Without moving up to a director position, there is not much room for advancement and the contract demands seem overbearing at times. In my last contract, I felt Peckham let themselves be taken advantage of by taking on more and more unrealistic demands from the contract holder. This lead to a stressful work environment for all, especially our clients. This made it feel like we were not living up to the Peckham mission due to putting unrealistic demands on our call center agents.

But overall, pay was fair, and a yearly bonus was given based on how well we were accomplishing our mission of helping our team members succeed.
Pros
Positive company culture, continuing training
Cons
Little room for advancement, some work areas are very stressful
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work was going in signing into my computer and taking over a hundred calls a day. I learned all the ins and outs of having a U. S passport.
The management was okay; they could have been a little more involved with the employees.
I never really talked with my co-workers everyone pretty much stayed to their self.
There really was not anything hard about the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping all the customers that I did.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Healthcare
It can be slow at times and fast pace at times.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 1, 2016
You received phone calls about General Information, Application Questions/Concerns, Lost and Stolen Passports. I also do Transfers to Appointments and Help desk (Supervisor Line).
I learned more about customer service of being on the phone along with attitude and tone to give the best service to each customer.
The hardest part of the job is telling the customer there passport won't be received on time before the day of there travel. Sometimes mail gets lost, there is delays in the application process, and I hate telling them the disappointment news.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I helped the customer and they are satisfied with my every effort doing all I can of giving what they need.
Very great place to work!
KB-NPIC CSR (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 24, 2016
Overall, a great place to work! They need to work on supervisors because we went through 3 in 4 months! The benefits/pay is great! Hours are also excellent. Very little complaints.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits and pay, hours, diversity
Cons
Lack of supervisors
Peckham is a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work includes answering incoming calls from individuals needing information on how to get a passport; I've learned how the process of obtaining a passport works; the management provides very good training, and is employee-centered; my co-workers are friendly and fun to work with; the hardest part of the job is handling a large number of calls that are in the queue; the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to help callers.
Pros
Very employee-centered
Cons
The lack of job security
non profit hires 75% disabled persons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  I-17 and Thunderbird Rd.July 10, 2016
Call center for US Department of State contract to Peckham, a non-profit organization that prefers to hire the disabled. Great 2 week paid training, good starting salary and great benefits.Very good work environment with many accommodations.
Well
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2016
I liked working here, except the fact that it takes so long to become permanent. Once you get cleared, your schedule becomes 12-14 hour days.
Pros
good job
Diverse, and productive workplace
KB-NPIC Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 29, 2016
Peckham, Inc is a very good company to work for. The work that is asked to be handled by this company is truly amazing. The company is very diverse and truly cares for their employees. There is more that I"d like to share about this company and being that they are a partnered company with the local community college and university, I do hope to remain on good standings with this company. The employees are taken care of and respected.
fun
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  lansing, miApril 28, 2016
accommodating and fun. flexible and easy going people. lots of benefits offered but insurance is terrible. ceo mitch is like your next door neighbor.
Good work experience but it had its down falls
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 4, 2016
the only problem i had was they would only give me a 2 weeks maternity leave, when legally I'm entitled to 6-8 weeks at least.
helping warfighters
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 16, 2016
it was great to help people from all over the world. Talking with people from the military and making orders for them was rewarding. i also helped trouble shoot different program.
Pros
insurance benefits, fruit
Cons
the supervisor were not very professional