Peckham

Peckham Employee Reviews

Not a very good company.
Sewing Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: at least they pay you minimum wage
Cons: awful awful place
It feels like you are working in a sweat shop. They don't like you to leave your seat to use the restroom or get something to drink, That's what break is for. Your not allowed to talk to anyone. You are supposed to sit and sew eyes on the machine. Worse job ever.
Peckham Review
Customer Interaction Center Agent (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 9, 2014
Pros: working for the men and women who protect our country!
Cons: not recongnised for the hard work that is put in by the customer interaction agents.
Working as an Customer Interaction Agent providing services to all the men and women in all branches of the service is a great job. Peckham strives to make sure that all of their customers are treated with respect, while at the same time they want to ensure that those individuals receive the products and services they need in a timely fashion.
learned lots of new sewing techniques
Sewer (Former Employee), charlotte,miMay 14, 2014
good work atmosphere, respectful supervisors. learned to have great respect for people who make clothing. hardest part of job was sitting constantly. most enjoyable was being part of a team
Comfortable workplace
Seamstress (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 3, 2014
Pros: diverse and comfortable
Cons: n/a
Although it was very loud from all the machines at peckham i was very comfortable and relaxed there. I learned how to sew sleeves onto a jacket and i also learned a few other things as far as sewing. I loved the diversity because u see so many different cultures working there. At first the hardest part was learning how to use the sewing machine but i got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part was when i learned my job well and really looked forward to going to work everyday.
The Best place to Work At
Bilingual CSR (Former Employee), Lansing, MI 48906March 31, 2014
An absolute great Company to work for!
Great programs, activities, diversity of schedules a beautiful facility and excellent compensation/pay program.
Customer Service/Call Center
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: the hourly pay
Cons: no cons
Typical day we received calls regarding Passport questions. How to obtain or renew, etc. I learned traveling regulations for the entire world. The co-workers were nice. The hardest job was the training. The most enjoyable was the customers that praised me for my customer service skills.
Very Good Company To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 11, 2013
Great place to work...very difficult to keep a position if you don't pass the security clearance.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing,MINovember 21, 2013
• Provided excellent and informative customer service within a call center setting.
• Effectively multi-tasked incoming calls regarding confidential information
• Utilized and navigated a company webpage to provide information and services for incoming callers
I enjoy cooking and plan on continuning to do so
Prep-chef (Former Employee), LANSING MIOctober 28, 2013
arrive at work 6:50am , prep salad bar, make 150 to 200 sandwiches which also go to other PECKHAM buildings, preping next days lunches, help do catering, go to lunch at noon to 12:30pm, then fill salad bar, prep more food for others and then take down salad bar, then start preping breakfast take out trash and boxes then clock out at 2:30pm.
I love to cook and wish I could do more
I have a great boss, very hard working, very caring. I enjoy going to work everyday!!
so far no job is to hard because i always do my best.
I get along with everyone at work.
Boring Job
Sew Assembly (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 24, 2013
Pros: benefit
Cons: not enough of equipment we needs
-okay with teamwork
-management is good
-taught me how to sew
micro managed
Helpdesk Agent (Current Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 23, 2013
treat agents as if they were mentaly challenged, all agents must have a+, MS7 , and security plus hardly mentaly challenged
Great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 7, 2013
Pros: heath and dental care
Cons: not long enough lunch breaks.
Overall a great employees. The scheduling was somewhat difficult.
Productive Worktable with music
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 21, 2013
Pros: nice workplaces
Cons: short breaks, high lunches
it was very fun worker there with all the diffrent races of people.
Identifing past,@ present employers.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, MIMarch 19, 2013
Pros: a learning experience, in all positions.
Cons: theres always someone, you work with that you would rather ignore.
Like all past employers, all were fun in there own way, peckham has fun people , and the ability to excell. Kenny construction was inperticularlly one of my favorites, it showed me the extreams of laybor, and the feeling of a " hard days worth of work". Motel 6 was a challenge of diversity, and approval of quality work did, all in which were learning experience's.
great place to start
Lead Custodian (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 19, 2012
Pros: learning of new skills
Cons: pay was low
I enjoyed the people there, got to meet and interact with so many people of different cultures. They rewarded good works and acknowledge good efforts and quality work. I loved the training of new employees, and the learning of new skills and promotions
good comfort, computer room, gym
sewing (Current Employee), Lansing, MINovember 12, 2012
It's nice, with the decision to make the production, learning opportunities and desires to work no limit disability, or rasa, my companions are adorable as different customs and learned, the hardest part is in the preferncia supervisors workers, at times the racial DISCRIMINATION and more enjoyable is to support the military ranks in their preparation of their clothing
Well round eviroment to work in!
Production Packer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 22, 2012
Pros: has may activites for their employee
Cons: promote of employee not correctly done
Peckham is a fun place to work.
It's does sometime provide the tools for one to succeed in the work,life and etc.
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 7, 2012
Operating a sewing machine to sew Military clothing. Pay attention to details of the clothing that I would just have sewn. Clean the machine before brake and before shift has ended. Clean work floor before shift is over and repair any mistakes I might have made on the Military clothing.
Good Place to work
Bundler/Recycle (Former Employee), LansingAugust 6, 2012
Pros: free learning opportunities, fitness center, computer lab
Cons: sometimes they do give a team member too many chances before they fire them.
Peckham is an awesome place to work. I worked for them 2 years and am now layed off.

There have been several negative things said about Peckham by the "United Peckham" organizers that are not true.

With the Military cuts that have taken place around the globe and it being a Presidential election year, the company has had to downsize, it has been a rough year for them but I can assure you that they do care about people and do not like to lay team members off.
I like PECKHAM good culture
sewer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 3, 2012
I Like PECKHAM becouse they have a good culture, with lots of people from other countries and other backgrounds. Is was the only place that gave me a job when I came here. The staff is caring. I am now on layoff.

Peckham Salaries