Peco Pallet, Inc

Peco Pallet, Inc United States Employee Reviews

Activity Summary
Director of Operations Field (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: exposure and challenging situations
Cons: excessive traveling
Manage 7 million a year supply chain and logistics, and lead a multifunctional team of 8 managers to coordinate procurement, manufacturing, quality assurance and customer service to meet forecasted goals. Lead motivation, training, and handling employee appraisals and salary issues.

• Renegotiated contracts to save $5.7 million on pallet purchases
• Reduced repair center network by 15 locations and saved 30% on operating costs by improving performance, better controls and applying strategic planning and purchases on raw materials rationalizing depot network and partner in relationships for over 150 locations in the U.S.
• Renegotiated contracts—increased inventory turns from 3.1 to 4.7 annually; reduced unit handling cost 16.4% generated $95,000 in monthly cost savings; and improved per unit repair cost- per $1.9 million per year.
• Renegotiated all manufacturing contracts and saved $2.1 million on pallet purchases annually in 2006, $3 million on 2007 and $600,000 in first 2 quarters of 2008.
• Initiated and negotiated innovative cost saving pallet recovery programs by partnering with Wal*Mart, Sam's Club, HEB, Publix, and Costco saving $300,000 a year and generating $1.2 million in profits.
• Created and established the fundamental quality standards for the company, standard operation processes and tools to support client relationships with firms. Such standards have been applied across the country and have been the base for the company the last 4 years.
Not quite an environment where one can thrive
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: was close to home
Cons: everything
The turnover rate is high, and of course there are reasons for that. For. eg. before I was hired, there were 4 different people in my position over a 5yr span under the controller.Thing is, the title controller didn't limit him to Job specific duties. Only a "yes man" could last longer than I did under his leadership, unfortunately my character would not let me be a "yes man."

I did 2+ yrs there, but that's because I have the gift to IGNORE BS. There is plenty to go around, upper management turns a blind eye, until said BS hits the fan.
nice company to work for
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: parking, close to home
Cons: worked in a warehouse
nice company to work for
easy going and always busy
not many monorities
Rewarding position with 30% growth year over year.
Director of Operations - East Coast (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2013
Pros: exciting growing a company.
Company was basically in start-up mode when I was hired. I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge developing and implementing KPI's that we used to make decisions and run the company. I started with one direct report and had 5 upon completion of my tenure. Every year we set financial and operational goals for our team, and every year we surpassed them significantly. Lots of travel every week to multiple operations throughout the East, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Compensation is very good. Good place to start a career.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: closed to metro north, health care, dental, 401k
Cons: 2 weeks vacation a year.
Management style is very relaxed. Dressing is casual. Office politic is the hardest part of the job.

About Peco Pallet, Inc

Since the late 1990s, PECO Pallet, Inc. is proud to offer our distinctive red pallets, supported by our equally distinctive customer – Read more

Peco Pallet, Inc Salaries