Manage 7 million a year supply chain and logistics, and lead a multifunctional team of 8 managers to coordinate procurement, manufacturing, quality assurance and customer service to meet forecasted goals. Lead motivation, training, and handling employee appraisals and salary issues.
• Renegotiated contracts to save $5.7 million on pallet purchases
• Reduced repair center network by 15 locations and saved 30% on operating costs by improving performance, better controls and applying strategic planning and purchases on raw materials rationalizing depot network and partner in relationships for over 150 locations in the U.S.
• Renegotiated contracts—increased inventory turns from 3.1 to 4.7 annually; reduced unit handling cost 16.4% generated $95,000 in monthly cost savings; and improved per unit repair cost- per $1.9 million per year.
• Renegotiated all manufacturing contracts and saved $2.1 million on pallet purchases annually in 2006, $3 million on 2007 and $600,000 in first 2 quarters of 2008.
• Initiated and negotiated innovative cost saving pallet recovery programs by partnering with Wal*Mart, Sam's Club, HEB, Publix, and Costco saving $300,000 a year and generating $1.2 million in profits.
• Created and established the fundamental quality standards for the company, standard operation processes and tools to support client relationships with firms. Such standards have been applied across the country and have been the base for the company the last 4 years.
exposure and challenging situations