Peco Pallet, Inc Employee Reviews

El Ambiente es divertido
Production (Former Employee) –  Arreglar las paletas dañadasApril 6, 2017
Me gustó mucho ese trabajo hay había mucha comunicación era bueno
Pros
Tenía plan medico
Cons
Si tenía descanso
Terrible place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Ability to solve problems daily as they arise. Management has no idea what direction the company is headed. a lot of talk about improvements that could be made but they never get made. A lot of empty promises and a zero work life balance.
Pros
Awesome coffee machine, bumper pool
Cons
No work life balance, remote location, management has no clear direction
Muy bueno
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 11, 2016
Es bueno pero es una empresa donde requiere mucha fuerza fisica.
good chance for promotion
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 16, 2015
good job for possible advancement if you work hard. plenty of hours if wanted, very understanding about personal matters if you have a family emergency
Ehhhhh
Plant Finance Controller (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  irvington nyJuly 5, 2015
Unorganized, management gives no priority to employees personal life.
Much turmoil and turnover
Lack of a real HR department, biweekly pay which is terrible
Pros
nice office, many different hats
Cons
no stability
Extremely challenging, great company to work for!
Collections / Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FloridaFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed being challenged and I never had a dull or boring moment. My co-workers were team players and my manger/supervisor were both amazing people to work for/ with. I'm going to miss it and hope to fine another job like this one.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
The company is in NY, worked remotely from home. I missed working with them at the office.
Activity Summary
Director of Operations Field (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 6, 2014
Manage 7 million a year supply chain and logistics, and lead a multifunctional team of 8 managers to coordinate procurement, manufacturing, quality assurance and customer service to meet forecasted goals. Lead motivation, training, and handling employee appraisals and salary issues.

• Renegotiated contracts to save $5.7 million on pallet purchases
• Reduced repair center network by 15 locations and saved 30% on operating costs by improving performance, better controls and applying strategic planning and purchases on raw materials rationalizing depot network and partner in relationships for over 150 locations in the U.S.
• Renegotiated contracts—increased inventory turns from 3.1 to 4.7 annually; reduced unit handling cost 16.4% generated $95,000 in monthly cost savings; and improved per unit repair cost- per $1.9 million per year.
• Renegotiated all manufacturing contracts and saved $2.1 million on pallet purchases annually in 2006, $3 million on 2007 and $600,000 in first 2 quarters of 2008.
• Initiated and negotiated innovative cost saving pallet recovery programs by partnering with Wal*Mart, Sam's Club, HEB, Publix, and Costco saving $300,000 a year and generating $1.2 million in profits.
• Created and established the fundamental quality standards for the company, standard operation processes and tools to support client relationships with firms. Such standards have been applied across the country and have been the base for the company the last 4 years.
Pros
Exposure and challenging situations
Cons
Excessive traveling
Not quite an environment where one can thrive
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 14, 2014
The turnover rate is high, and of course there are reasons for that. For. eg. before I was hired, there were 4 different people in my position over a 5yr span under the controller.Thing is, the title controller didn't limit him to Job specific duties. Only a "yes man" could last longer than I did under his leadership, unfortunately my character would not let me be a "yes man."

I did 2+ yrs there, but that's because I have the gift to IGNORE BS. There is plenty to go around, upper management turns a blind eye, until said BS hits the fan.
Pros
Was close to home
nice company to work for
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 16, 2013
nice company to work for
easy going and always busy
not many monorities
Pros
parking, close to home
Cons
worked in a warehouse
Rewarding position with 30% growth year over year.
Director of Operations - East Coast (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2013
Company was basically in start-up mode when I was hired. I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge developing and implementing KPI's that we used to make decisions and run the company. I started with one direct report and had 5 upon completion of my tenure. Every year we set financial and operational goals for our team, and every year we surpassed them significantly. Lots of travel every week to multiple operations throughout the East, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Pros
Exciting growing a company.
Compensation is very good. Good place to start a career.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 12, 2012
Management style is very relaxed. Dressing is casual. Office politic is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
closed to metro north, health care, dental, 401k
Cons
2 weeks vacation a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peco Pallet, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7