PECO

PECO Employer Reviews

it was fine
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 1, 2014
first internship. didnt have a ton of opportunities. boss was not great.
good work
Yard Dog/Maintenance (Former Employee), Batesville, ARNovember 16, 2014
go to work work hard then go home co-workers r fun to be around joking and having fun but working when it needs to be done
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no room for advancement
Typical call center, answering customers questions regarding prescription drugs.
My friendships i made, I learned about quality and efficiency in and out of the work place and management team had never been focused.
Industrial Booth Painter (Former Employee), Portland, OreOctober 21, 2014
Pros: the people, study work and the benifits
Cons: management, the unnecessary rework and way to much overtime
Over the 7 years i worked there i enjoyed my co-workers and the friendships i made the most. I grew and learned that quality and efficiency was number one showing what i could do for the company as well as i carried it outside the job also.As for the management team we went through 4 managers in 7 years so we were changing all the time with processes – more... and their pet peeves, so i thought by staying focused on my work i wouldn't be involved with the drama caused by other employees. – less
Fast pace working environment
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN GRID ONE SOLUTIONS (Former Employee), Aston, PaJune 3, 2014
Working with and around highly dangerous electrical equipment while dealing with the general public provided tons of challenges which was always an enjoyable part of the job.
Company that truely values employee/customer feedback and strives to provide best service to customers
Principal Analyst, Office of President (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches during monthly close process.
Cons: all major holidays are during monthly close to makes it difficult to take vacation at that time.
Cycylical in nature on a montly basis in finance due to monthly close and reporting.
Great exposure to Sr. Management. Transparent company. Opportunities to work on cross funtional teams to learn more about the business.
really good co-workers, collaborative and supportive.
impact of weather on the industry may require participation in storm duty.
The – more... Employee Network group and lots of volunteer opportunities to help you feel connected with the company as well as the community. – less
Great Core Values
Director of Sales / Service (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 15, 2014
PECO was started with the ideals that had been abandoned by their primary competition. Those abandoned ideals are what created the opening in the industry for a competitor.

PECO stayed true to those ideals in the early days and survived some very difficult times because of the adherence to those ideals.

Given the trying times common to a start up – more... business, there were some internal management conflicts, but success was still found in the marketplace. Eventually, new capital was found to propel the business to a higher level of operating efficiency and PECO has become a solid player in the pallet pooling arena today – less
Productive Environment
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2014
Productive Environment
Friendly coworkers
Process Payment accounts
lost payment investigations
verify accounts
Where I learned the true meaning of "team work".
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), 2301 Market St.March 17, 2014
Pros: respectful, friendly, team playing coworkers.
Cons: having to leave.
As a temp placement, I was an administrative assistant in the engineering department. This is TRUELY where I learned what Team work really meant. It was A LOT of work. But the people were so great and respectful to me, it made me want to work even harder for them.
We celebrated birthdays, holidays. I'd work for any or all of them again in a heartbeat.
I – more... only left b/c company downsizing. I wasn't technically a PECO employee..so unfortunately I was one of the 1st to go. After 3 years as a temp there. VERY Sad going away party. – less
quality controll
Laborer (Former Employee), Bay Springs, MSFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hours were alternate
checked all shipping and receiving. controlled al packages for quality
Possess solid computer skills.and Call center experience
Financial/Credit Representative (Current Employee), charleston,SCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: managers
To treat customers with respect.

• Recognize each individual as an opportunity to collect

information and secure customer commitments.

• Analyze customer information to determine and implement

appropriate actions in accordance with company’s policy.

• Responsible to appropriately offer/issue information to

customers and giving customers an opportunity – more... to gain

information on product. – less
I really enjoyed taking the train to work it was down town
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Phila paJanuary 6, 2014
Working at peco was a great place to work the people was great
Typical aerospace inspection
Quality Auditor "A" (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 22, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: hourly rate
Inspect machined parts
as9100 paperwork
enjoyed working with others
fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Batesville, ARDecember 18, 2013
Good bosses that don't mind having a laugh during down time but respectful when its time to work
Loved learning new pitches and working hand- ons with new prospects.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2013
Meetings and a "pitch boost" then off on the field meeting new customers and helping them lower the cost of their PECO bills.
Fun environment though coworkers were unused to having an intern
Business Analyst (Former Employee), West Conshohocken, PAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: fun coworkers, required field visits
Cons: a little unstructured, asked for more work but did not alway receive it
-The typical day started at 6:30 AM and went until 3:00 PM. I was in charge of updating their filing system from documents to digital files. This involved a lot of scanning and labeling. I would also be given whatever odds and ends needed to be taken care of.

-I learned that there are many different types of management styles, ones that work for different – more... people. I also learned how to be organized, as the documents I handled were extremely important.

-Management was a bit loose, giving me a task and an end date and leaving when to update up to me.

-My co-workers were about 20 years older than myself and were always willing to help if I had any problems. I worked closely with 4 in a cubicle set up, with another 8 field workers coming in throughout the week.

-The hardest parts of the job were starting so early and keeping myself busy. However, I quickly adapted to the hours and started to range outside of my department to find more work to do.

-The best part of the job was learning how to manage a group of people underneath you and seeing how people handle stress levels differently. – less
typical work day
Poultry Processor (Current Employee), MSSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the pay is good
Cons: our breaks are short
I learned how to do my job well and train myself to do other jobs while on the line, I hardly ever get rotated around to do other jobs, I get along with everyone on the job, so I have someone to keep me on my toes besides the clock. The hardest part of the job is keeping the work looking good because your tool are not up to par. The most enjoyable part – more... of this job is getting a check and getting off. – less
work was fun, great environment, and it was always busy
Contractor -Revenue Management (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2013
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: the job was seasonal
When working for Peco I would come in get my work load for the day and start my day. Nothing was too hard and my co-workers where good people it was like being with family.
Bad place
P.C (Former Employee), Batesville, ARApril 8, 2013
Not a very good place to work at if you have never worked with chicken and chemicals I would not reccomend it at all. When I worked there I would have to go to the hospital leave from work and go get 3 shots just because of hives something OJ that plant was making me break out in hives.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2012
Answering incoming calls, routing mail, responding to correspondence, I learned how to do payroll because it was something I had never done. Management and co-workers were great. I enjoyed everything about the job.