PECO Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with amazing benefits!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
I love working for PECO. It is a great place to come if your looking for permanent positioning in the Philadelphia area. A typical day would be logging into the phone and helping customer's review their bills, setup arrangements, provide bill analysis, etc. I worked in the call center so that was the largest part of the job I saw but I had great benefits right from the start and advanced well in my career.
Pros
Great benefits, good overtime
Cons
Customers were hard to deal with sometimes
Great Compensation Package
BACK OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2015
Great compensation packages which included 401k. Not a lot of room for advancement but nice employees and management. Long work days upper management not open to suggestions.
it is a fun place to work
Breast Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARApril 21, 2016
The work day is fabulous but it would be better if they spread out there breaks and lunches and actually give us a full 30 min lunch which they don't. And the managers are just hard to talk to and will not work with you and all you get is a point. With someone like me that has health problems I cant even go to a doctors appointment which I have to without getting a point.
Pros
training
Great working place
Small Commercial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2016
Peco is a great place to work. I love working for this comfortable. I just need more money and maybe more flexiblity. I would also receommend this to anyone starting out in the work field.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Storm duty
it has been a long time sence i last worked there
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2016
i enjoyed working for them for the most part. the location that i worked at was small and we got little customer traffic. the management was well organised and friendly along with all the other employees.
its ok for starters
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMarch 29, 2016
Its a nice place to work if you do not have a job. Its just very cold and wet. You are standing in water and chicken fat for hours in a freezer.
My friendships i made, I learned about quality and efficiency in and out of the work place and management team had never been focused.
Industrial Booth Painter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OreOctober 21, 2014
Over the 7 years i worked there i enjoyed my co-workers and the friendships i made the most. I grew and learned that quality and efficiency was number one showing what i could do for the company as well as i carried it outside the job also.As for the management team we went through 4 managers in 7 years so we were changing all the time with processes and their pet peeves, so i thought by staying focused on my work i wouldn't be involved with the drama caused by other employees.
Pros
the people, study work and the benifits
Cons
management, the unnecessary rework and way to much overtime
poor management
document control (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Not a good company to temp for people are rude and, they set deadline that are sometime impossible to meet. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you do. not a happy place to come to work.
Puc
Call Center Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2015
Very Busy

Compensation is okay

Benifits are good

You will learn a lot

You will meet a lot of people

The call intake is a a lot be prepared
Company that truely values employee/customer feedback and strives to provide best service to customers
Principal Analyst, Office of President (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 20, 2014
Cycylical in nature on a montly basis in finance due to monthly close and reporting.
Great exposure to Sr. Management. Transparent company. Opportunities to work on cross funtional teams to learn more about the business.
really good co-workers, collaborative and supportive.
impact of weather on the industry may require participation in storm duty.
The Employee Network group and lots of volunteer opportunities to help you feel connected with the company as well as the community.
Pros
free lunches during monthly close process.
Cons
all major holidays are during monthly close to makes it difficult to take vacation at that time.
helping people to solve problems
customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2012
I worked in customer service answering phones helping customers with billing, emergency calls or any other problems they may have had. I left to raise four children and have been a housekeeper the past 15 years, my client recently passed away.
Great Core Values
Director of Sales / Service (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 15, 2014
PECO was started with the ideals that had been abandoned by their primary competition. Those abandoned ideals are what created the opening in the industry for a competitor.

PECO stayed true to those ideals in the early days and survived some very difficult times because of the adherence to those ideals.

Given the trying times common to a start up business, there were some internal management conflicts, but success was still found in the marketplace. Eventually, new capital was found to propel the business to a higher level of operating efficiency and PECO has become a solid player in the pallet pooling arena today
Fun environment though coworkers were unused to having an intern
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAOctober 21, 2013
-The typical day started at 6:30 AM and went until 3:00 PM. I was in charge of updating their filing system from documents to digital files. This involved a lot of scanning and labeling. I would also be given whatever odds and ends needed to be taken care of.

-I learned that there are many different types of management styles, ones that work for different people. I also learned how to be organized, as the documents I handled were extremely important.

-Management was a bit loose, giving me a task and an end date and leaving when to update up to me.

-My co-workers were about 20 years older than myself and were always willing to help if I had any problems. I worked closely with 4 in a cubicle set up, with another 8 field workers coming in throughout the week.

-The hardest parts of the job were starting so early and keeping myself busy. However, I quickly adapted to the hours and started to range outside of my department to find more work to do.

-The best part of the job was learning how to manage a group of people underneath you and seeing how people handle stress levels differently.
Pros
fun coworkers, required field visits
Cons
a little unstructured, asked for more work but did not alway receive it
Not Bad
Poultry Processing Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSDecember 3, 2014
The work is easy, the pay is moderate but they do offer birthdays off and other incentives which makes it better then most. The benefits where great.
Cons
departments close without notice
great work place and people to work with
electrical tech (Current Employee) –  phila paMarch 30, 2015
a typical day for me would be to get to work on time and prepare for my day by having a safety meeting and stretching with the company to be reading for the day. After the meeting i get my work schedule and drive to the appointed jobs.
Pros
full time
Cons
work in bad weather
good work
Yard Dog/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARNovember 16, 2014
go to work work hard then go home co-workers r fun to be around joking and having fun but working when it needs to be done
Where I learned the true meaning of "team work".
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2301 Market St.March 17, 2014
As a temp placement, I was an administrative assistant in the engineering department. This is TRUELY where I learned what Team work really meant. It was A LOT of work. But the people were so great and respectful to me, it made me want to work even harder for them.
We celebrated birthdays, holidays. I'd work for any or all of them again in a heartbeat.
I only left b/c company downsizing. I wasn't technically a PECO employee..so unfortunately I was one of the 1st to go. After 3 years as a temp there. VERY Sad going away party.
Pros
respectful, friendly, team playing coworkers.
Cons
having to leave.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2014
Typical call center, answering customers questions regarding prescription drugs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
firendly employees and employers good work place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARApril 8, 2015
easy going employees. I learned how to grade the good chicken from the bad, bag the chicken, and seal the bags. Great Job and people were easy to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2012
Answering incoming calls, routing mail, responding to correspondence, I learned how to do payroll because it was something I had never done. Management and co-workers were great. I enjoyed everything about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PECO. Our community is ready to answer.