PECO Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment where you learn something new everyday.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
PECO was a very friendly place to work. I learned alot about the utility business. Management could have been better but my co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers who just did not want to listen to reason. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learned something new everyday.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
Repetitive work
One of the most progressive aerospace companies in the Industry!
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2016
Truly, a very progressive, positive and awe inspiring company to work for.

Great employees… Fantastic product base....And very progressive Sr. Management.

Customer service is one of the highest ranking attributes right next to their quality and delivery

In fact, A statue of Peco's customer service manager (GB) should be erected in the front parking lot as an example of who a customer service manager should be modeled after!!!
Pros
New building… New machines… Diversified products base...And great
Fair
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2016
Peco is a fair places to work, excellent location in center city, and no weekend hours. The managers on up are very friendly and really make you feel valued.
it is a fun place to work
Breast Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARApril 21, 2016
The work day is fabulous but it would be better if they spread out there breaks and lunches and actually give us a full 30 min lunch which they don't. And the managers are just hard to talk to and will not work with you and all you get is a point. With someone like me that has health problems I cant even go to a doctors appointment which I have to without getting a point.
Pros
training
fun place to work
Lead Painter (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJune 14, 2016
l learned discipline and how to multitask during a work day. i learned how to work at the pace that works for me to ensure quality but speedy production so the numbers came get hit and boss and workers could be happy
Pros
quality benefits
Cons
healthcare
Great place to work with amazing benefits!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
I love working for PECO. It is a great place to come if your looking for permanent positioning in the Philadelphia area. A typical day would be logging into the phone and helping customer's review their bills, setup arrangements, provide bill analysis, etc. I worked in the call center so that was the largest part of the job I saw but I had great benefits right from the start and advanced well in my career.
Pros
Great benefits, good overtime
Cons
Customers were hard to deal with sometimes
Great working place
Small Commercial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2016
Peco is a great place to work. I love working for this comfortable. I just need more money and maybe more flexiblity. I would also receommend this to anyone starting out in the work field.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Storm duty
it has been a long time sence i last worked there
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2016
i enjoyed working for them for the most part. the location that i worked at was small and we got little customer traffic. the management was well organised and friendly along with all the other employees.
its ok for starters
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMarch 29, 2016
Its a nice place to work if you do not have a job. Its just very cold and wet. You are standing in water and chicken fat for hours in a freezer.
poor management
document control (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Not a good company to temp for people are rude and, they set deadline that are sometime impossible to meet. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you do. not a happy place to come to work.

Want to know more about PECO?

Ask a question
Great Compensation Package
BACK OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2015
Great compensation packages which included 401k. Not a lot of room for advancement but nice employees and management. Long work days upper management not open to suggestions.
My friendships i made, I learned about quality and efficiency in and out of the work place and management team had never been focused.
Industrial Booth Painter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OreOctober 21, 2014
Over the 7 years i worked there i enjoyed my co-workers and the friendships i made the most. I grew and learned that quality and efficiency was number one showing what i could do for the company as well as i carried it outside the job also.As for the management team we went through 4 managers in 7 years so we were changing all the time with processes and their pet peeves, so i thought by staying focused on my work i wouldn't be involved with the drama caused by other employees.
Pros
the people, study work and the benifits
Cons
management, the unnecessary rework and way to much overtime
Great Core Values
Director of Sales / Service (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 15, 2014
PECO was started with the ideals that had been abandoned by their primary competition. Those abandoned ideals are what created the opening in the industry for a competitor.

PECO stayed true to those ideals in the early days and survived some very difficult times because of the adherence to those ideals.

Given the trying times common to a start up business, there were some internal management conflicts, but success was still found in the marketplace. Eventually, new capital was found to propel the business to a higher level of operating efficiency and PECO has become a solid player in the pallet pooling arena today
Where I learned the true meaning of "team work".
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2301 Market St.March 17, 2014
As a temp placement, I was an administrative assistant in the engineering department. This is TRUELY where I learned what Team work really meant. It was A LOT of work. But the people were so great and respectful to me, it made me want to work even harder for them.
We celebrated birthdays, holidays. I'd work for any or all of them again in a heartbeat.
I only left b/c company downsizing. I wasn't technically a PECO employee..so unfortunately I was one of the 1st to go. After 3 years as a temp there. VERY Sad going away party.
Pros
Respectful, friendly, team playing coworkers.
Cons
Having to leave.
Possess solid computer skills.and Call center experience
Financial/Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  charleston,SCJanuary 15, 2014
To treat customers with respect.

• Recognize each individual as an opportunity to collect

information and secure customer commitments.

• Analyze customer information to determine and implement

appropriate actions in accordance with company’s policy.

• Responsible to appropriately offer/issue information to

customers and giving customers an opportunity to gain

information on product.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
managers
A very productive place of employment.
Welder's Helper (Current Employee) –  Sandsprings, OKJuly 21, 2012
A typical day at work involves me fitting, cleaning pipe, and welding. Working at here has taught me that working and communicating with co-workers is very important. Working with co-workers that have more experience than what I have has taught me faster and more efficient ways of welding. The most enjoyable thing about my job is that there really is never anything that is too difficult that I am afraid to do.
Company that truely values employee/customer feedback and strives to provide best service to customers
Principal Analyst, Office of President (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 20, 2014
Cycylical in nature on a montly basis in finance due to monthly close and reporting.
Great exposure to Sr. Management. Transparent company. Opportunities to work on cross funtional teams to learn more about the business.
really good co-workers, collaborative and supportive.
impact of weather on the industry may require participation in storm duty.
The Employee Network group and lots of volunteer opportunities to help you feel connected with the company as well as the community.
Pros
free lunches during monthly close process.
Cons
all major holidays are during monthly close to makes it difficult to take vacation at that time.
typical work day
Poultry Processor (Current Employee) –  MSSeptember 10, 2013
I learned how to do my job well and train myself to do other jobs while on the line, I hardly ever get rotated around to do other jobs, I get along with everyone on the job, so I have someone to keep me on my toes besides the clock. The hardest part of the job is keeping the work looking good because your tool are not up to par. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting a check and getting off.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
our breaks are short
great work place and people to work with
electrical tech (Current Employee) –  phila paMarch 30, 2015
a typical day for me would be to get to work on time and prepare for my day by having a safety meeting and stretching with the company to be reading for the day. After the meeting i get my work schedule and drive to the appointed jobs.
Pros
full time
Cons
work in bad weather
helping people to solve problems
customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2012
I worked in customer service answering phones helping customers with billing, emergency calls or any other problems they may have had. I left to raise four children and have been a housekeeper the past 15 years, my client recently passed away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PECO. Our community is ready to answer.