Peconic Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

GME Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYNovember 3, 2015
A strong sense of team work. Administration fosters the growth of talent while offering support in that growth. Only left the position because I was promoted.
Productive Workplace
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYOctober 4, 2015
This experience spent in the hospital was very enjoyable and a nice productive are. Everybody in this workplace did their job and did it neatly. They were very respectful with such a clean environment as well.
Pros
Clean Environment
Cons
Short breaks
Great learning environment
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, NYMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with the clients and their families. Exposure to health terminology, medications, diagnostic tests furthered my desire to become a nurse.
A great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of me working alone and running all of xray for the entire hospital. Ive learned to work well under pressure and to get things done quickly. The management is very kind. I don't typically work with anyone but when I do they're helpfull. The hardest part of my job is that I find myself needing to be in many places and once. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it's very satisfying.
Pros
Great pay, good hours
Cons
physically demanding
productive fun place to work
Sec/Tech - Secretary/Technician (Current Employee) –  new yorkMay 9, 2015
I perform ekg, phlebotomy, answer phones, charting, filing, scheduling and transporting. I have gotten all my training and experience at this job. I also have a great manager and staff that. I really enjoy meeting new people everyday.
experience there was unsatisfactory
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYApril 29, 2015
overworked, went with out breaks and lunches many, many times, had to pay for own food even though I worked in dietary department, under appreciated, worked per diem and asked for more hours but was told no because they wanted someone who could do both morning and night shifts but being a single parent with young children I could not. Was spoken to by Manager in front of 4 other co-workers from other departments instead of privately. Manager does not possess any people skills.
Overall experience... no stars
Intensive exposure to clinical medicine
D.O. Residency (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYDecember 26, 2014
I rotated through multiple fields in medicine each month during my employment including general medicine, family medicine, geriatrics, OBGYN, pediatrics, and others. My responsibilities included taking care of my own patients, prescribing medications, and preforming medical procedures. I gained a wide range of knowledge about various medical diseases and conditions, diagnosis, and management of various medical conditions. I worked with other medical residents, MDs, D.O.s, specialists, nurses, and other professionals in the medical field. I had daily hour long lectures that covered various medical diseases such as arrhythmias, infectious disease, and caring for critically ill patients. The hardest and the most rewarding part of my job was the great amount of responsibility I held for each patient.
Pros
i gained a vast amount knowlege and experience
Cons
few breaks
Unstable environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 30, 2014
Annual layoffs & cutbacks. Out of touch administration. Hard working nursing team but gets no support.
Productive Workplace
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 26, 2014
Working side by side with management has been a learning experience. Management changes periodically, adjusting to everyones way of doing things.
My enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with all the staff, including CEO, COO, and CFO.
Pros
family orientated faciltiy.
Cons
multiple changes in management.
Provided an opportunity for growth and developmental.
DRG Auditor (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMay 23, 2014
I was afforded the opportunity to develop management skills. I advanced from a coding coordinator to
DRG validator and was provided the opportunity to train entry level coders. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was the inter action with the coders.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hours for management without compensation.
Great Learning Experience, Co-workers and Management easy to work with
Sec/ Tech (Medical Asst and Unit Secretary) (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NY 11901March 13, 2014
The ER can be a very busy, stressful job. On any given day we can get 4-6 ambulances within 30 mins. The nursing staff is great and helps out when other Sec/Techs are busy. Such as when we get a patient from a nursing home that needs to be changed and washed.We feel that could be our family member and makes sure they are well taken care of as with any other patient that comes in. We put them on the monitor, perform EKG's, draw blood. Quick reg patients in the room while the Nurse is doing triage. Follow directions of the Nurse and do what she asks on the patient to get them set up. We stock the linens and each room with phlebotomy supplies and Nursing supplies. Stock the Nursing Station by the Pyxus for the Nurses. Assist Dr's and Nurses with exams and procedures. I have learned so much working in the ER and feel that everyday I learn something new, which is one of the best parts of my job. My coworkers are great. The hardest part is when you get a pretty young patient, for various reasons, and no matter how hard you try, they don't make it. The best part of my job is helping my patients and lifting their spirits. Some patients just need a little extra TLC and i have no problem giving it to them. Some like to just talk and I one hearing their sties. Patients never cease to amaze me, no matter how sick or healthy they are.
Pros
co-workers, we are like a family and stick together
Cons
you never know when you will get a break or if you will, it's the er and it's unpredictable
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYNovember 13, 2013
Typical day at work is stressful and management treats you like dirt.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible bosses
great working environment excellent manager.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 30, 2013
Great company and benefits. Unfortunely small finance department we could use a few more great employees.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
overworked
Rising star on the East End of Long Island
Interim Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYNovember 11, 2012
Peconic Bay Medical Center is a growing hospital with staff that really cares for their patients. It has endured many hardships in the past and always raises above the challenge to ensure the best possible care for its employees.
Great professional management via HIM Department
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, New YorkAugust 23, 2012
During my 4 weeks under the HIM Director, I was introduced all aspects of the medical records department, the roles and responsibilities.
This is the environment in which I learned to love the application of medicine and being a valuable part of a positive experience for patients.
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 6, 2012
I experienced a very strong and challenging learning curve when transitioning from office mangement to hospital administration. An invaluable path...
A very good hospital
PHLEBOTOMIST/ SPECIMEN PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  RIVERHEAD, NYJune 1, 2012
Consistant pace. Good work enviornment. Friendly patients.