Peconic Bay Medical Center

Peconic Bay Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive Workplace
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: family orientated faciltiy.
Cons: multiple changes in management.
Working side by side with management has been a learning experience. Management changes periodically, adjusting to everyones way of doing things.
My enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with all the staff, including CEO, COO, and CFO.
Provided an opportunity for growth and developmental.
DRG Auditor (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYMay 23, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours for management without compensation.
I was afforded the opportunity to develop management skills. I advanced from a coding coordinator to
DRG validator and was provided the opportunity to train entry level coders. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was the inter action with the coders.
Great Learning Experience, Co-workers and Management easy to work with
Sec/ Tech (Medical Asst and Unit Secretary) (Current Employee), Riverhead, NY 11901March 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers, we are like a family and stick together
Cons: you never know when you will get a break or if you will, it's the er and it's unpredictable
The ER can be a very busy, stressful job. On any given day we can get 4-6 ambulances within 30 mins. The nursing staff is great and helps out when other Sec/Techs are busy. Such as when we get a patient from a nursing home that needs to be changed and washed.We feel that could be our family member and makes sure they are well taken care of as with any – more... other patient that comes in. We put them on the monitor, perform EKG's, draw blood. Quick reg patients in the room while the Nurse is doing triage. Follow directions of the Nurse and do what she asks on the patient to get them set up. We stock the linens and each room with phlebotomy supplies and Nursing supplies. Stock the Nursing Station by the Pyxus for the Nurses. Assist Dr's and Nurses with exams and procedures. I have learned so much working in the ER and feel that everyday I learn something new, which is one of the best parts of my job. My coworkers are great. The hardest part is when you get a pretty young patient, for various reasons, and no matter how hard you try, they don't make it. The best part of my job is helping my patients and lifting their spirits. Some patients just need a little extra TLC and i have no problem giving it to them. Some like to just talk and I one hearing their sties. Patients never cease to amaze me, no matter how sick or healthy they are. – less
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: horrible bosses
Typical day at work is stressful and management treats you like dirt.
great working environment excellent manager.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYMarch 30, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: overworked
Great company and benefits. Unfortunely small finance department we could use a few more great employees.
Rising star on the East End of Long Island
Interim Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYNovember 11, 2012
Peconic Bay Medical Center is a growing hospital with staff that really cares for their patients. It has endured many hardships in the past and always raises above the challenge to ensure the best possible care for its employees.
Great professional management via HIM Department
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee), Riverhead, New YorkAugust 23, 2012
During my 4 weeks under the HIM Director, I was introduced all aspects of the medical records department, the roles and responsibilities.
This is the environment in which I learned to love the application of medicine and being a valuable part of a positive experience for patients.
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYJune 6, 2012
I experienced a very strong and challenging learning curve when transitioning from office mangement to hospital administration. An invaluable path...
A VERY GOOD HOSPITAL
PHLEBOTOMIST/ SPECIMEN PROCESSOR (Current Employee), RIVERHEAD, NYJune 1, 2012
CONSISTANT PACE. GOOD WORK ENVIORNMENT. FRIENDLY PATIENTS.