Pediatria Healthcare for Kids Employee Reviews

Toxic and disorganized
Office Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 19, 2017
High Turn Over, Disorganized, toxic office environment. The worst employees run off the good. They should clean house and start over. The job was great but staff is the issue.
Pros
Helping Clients
Cons
So disorganized and no accountability
nice work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2017
The work environment offers a flexible schedule and helpful staff. Applicants must love children and strive to positively affect their lives through both healthcare and emotional support.
Horrible place to work
Director of Nursing/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 10, 2017
Pediatria was not a great place to work. There was no work/life balance. As a leader, I did not have the support from my supervisor. The team was not supportive, nor did they take well to someone younger than them telling them how to do their job.
Pros
Location to my home
Cons
Micromanagement; Lack of support; No work/life balance
Great company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Easy to work with, wonderful people, very professional, dedicated to providing the best patient care, completely flexible and willing to work with scheduling best suited to you and patient
Worst job ever
Aide/Bus Attendent (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Worst job ever, lack of communication, high turn over rate, favoritism, dont wanna pay you nothing, want you to do extra work for no money, the director is the worst of the worst
Pros
THE KIDS…
Cons
NO LUNCH BREAK REALLY
Pay usually compensates for lack of benefits. Company merging with another agency and benefits will be offered.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Requires constant training to administer quality, efficient, nursing care. I like meeting new clients and challenging myself to acquire new skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Increase in clinical skills
Cons
1. Not enough time to complete assignment due to client's acuity.
Not made out to be what they make it seems
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
Very Unprofessional
High Turnover rate because the communication is very poor and the Director talks about people behind their backs to other employees.
No benefits
No incentives to make you want to stay
Pay sucks
They lie to make themselves look good
Huge liability for the kids
I could write a book but I'm done
Private Duty LPN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2016
Very nice staff, they truly care about the staff and patients. Getting Hired should not be a problem and they have plenty of cases.
They Work With There Employees
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2016
It's one of the better agencies I've worked for. Management are friendly and try to help fit you with a client that works around your schedule. The pay is consistent meaning no matter the client you work with your pay rate never change. I'm still an employee so far so good.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Can't think of any
I enjoyed working for this company.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucker GaJuly 24, 2016
I had the opportunity to make good money. I loved my director. The other nurses I worked with were great as well. They offered to help if I needed help. I really loved being on the bus with the babies.
Pros
Fun and will keep you on top of your skills.
Cons
It sounded nice at first...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 8, 2016
When I was hired as a prn LPN I really got excited about the continued education offered and job schedule flexibility. They told me I could work as many or as few hours as I wanted as long as I worked at least 3 days a month. However, when I submitted my availability (more than once) I was never scheduled for any shifts, even though I asked what else they needed from me to get things started. I was supposed to be oriented to each new case by an RN or LPN experienced with each patient, but nothing was ever set up. There were not very many options for cases that fit my schedule or that were local, either. I couldn't work nights, work out of state, or work with vent patients until being trained, so that left little opportunity for shifts. I was really disappointed, but it sounded like an awesome job during the orientation and interview.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication
Flexible Hours & Challenging Patients
Pediatric Home Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 22, 2016
Work a full shift at one home/day. You can have one or more cases, all shifts available depending on family needs. Many times, overtime is available if wanted by RN/LPN. They do hire new nurses with case specific orientation and training, although each case is different and there is a lot of on-the-job independent learning with office staff resource. These kids are usually ICU level patients, which is great for gaining that experience (trachs, feeding tubes, infusions, complex wound care and meds). Responsible for interdisciplinary communication, coordination with doctors, pharmacies, therapists, family and equipment companies. Base pay for a new grad is competitive and this was a good way to care for a population that is usually hard to get experience with. However, you really need to be flexible and professional (showing up on time, know what you are doing, etc.) because families have the right to remove you from their case if they are not satisfied. Placement is usually close to home, if available. There is not much contact with other field employees as you work different shifts, different patients. Some cons, little to no benefits offered (although time off is approved if given advanced notice), and paper documentation system (MAR, nursing notes, etc.) Overall, a good place to work if you enjoy complex care and are adaptable to learn.
Pros
flexible hours, complex care patients, constant learning
Cons
little benefits, slightly varying hours week-to-week, paper documentation
job security
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 10, 2016
RN's considered as PRN staff. No benefits, including sick days,and vacations without pay. At times, I would have 1 or more clients with 40+ hours/ week. At other periods of time part-time. At other periods of time, including now, I have no clients. If no new RN client's available, i work as an LPN with LPN pay. I enjoy working with pediatric clients, but I need guaranteed, full-time employment. Medicaid determines how many hours of nursing per week and if client requires an LPN or RN.
Pros
Pediatric clients
Cons
no job security
A Professional NIGHTMARE
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 25, 2016
I worked for this company a little less than one year. In that short time, I had absolutely no autonomy whatsoever. I was micromanaged daily and it was a slapstick comedy with regard to the leadership of this company. Staff was allowed to call directly to home office and I was often chastised PRIOR to their knowing the "rest of the story." The kids were "warehoused" in the Center and I had to leave for my professional sanity. I would NOT recommend this company to any parent.
Pros
Great hours, descent benefit package
Cons
HORRIBLE leadershop team!!!
Unprofessional staff
Office Help (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 20, 2016
I worked for this company for just a few short months. In those few months, there was at least a half dozen employees that came & went. The director works very hard, but her staff is terrible. The majority are female, therefore very "clicky." The nurses constantly complained about the children (who are special needs) and I found it highly unprofessional. I never felt welcome. I was glad when I left. I was there 3 months too long.
Pros
Debbie LaFratte, director
Cons
No breaks (only unpaid lunch), staff talked negatively about the special needs kids
Great job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 6, 2016
Love the office folks. Flexible hours and a good atmosphere. Awesome company to work for. They give lots of free classes like vents, BLS, ect.
Pros
Flexible hours, pick your schedule, management
Cons
Low salary but that is typical in this area.
Nightmare
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMarch 24, 2016
No field support; horrible case manager to case ratio. They hire anyone and then they're surprised when they get bottom of the barrel employees. This inspired me to go back to school so I don't need to work for horrendous companies to work with children. Do not recommend in the slightest
Pros
one on one care; patient teaching; down time
Cons
always worked every holiday; unpredictable schedule; no field support; difficulty contacting office
great patients, poor communication with management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJanuary 1, 2016
Hours are wonderful, patients and families enjoyable to work with. Management has poor communication with staff nurses, and there is a constant turnover of staff.
Pros
Flexibility, low stress, satisfying and fun work
Cons
Low pay compared to hospital or office nursing, poor communication between management and staff. No benefits.
great patients, low pay with no benefits.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2015
hated the low pay and hated the low benefits for the hard work you do for your patient.Of course the most enjoyable part of your job is the patient care but the pay is too low. plus they don't give you mileage.
Pros
eqasy charting
Cons
low ppay, no benefits
terrible managment and poor taste of professionalism
driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 10, 2015
Especially for bus drivers there is no line of defense. When you are driving their buses, the number is plastered all over it so if someone is having a bad day and thinks you did something wrong they call and report you. It most cases you get suspended first before they investigate. Not only do you get investigated, but the investigation is done by someone IN GEORGIA. The buses are not equipped with any tracking devices so there is absolutely zero proof except hear say. To top it off if your stuck with a nurse who doesn't like you....you're pretty much done for. The management does a half hearted job at running the place as the Nurses and/or aids are left out of ratio more times than not. Its like pulling teath to get them to help as youd probably be interupting their countless ciggarette breaks throughout the day. Overall if they don't like you they find a way to chase you out....especially if you speak out against the lackadaisical way they run the place or don't agree with something. Fore the most part the Nurses are a good crew to work with and most of the aids. There are some though who are very unprofessional about the language they use considering that they are working with CHILDREN. The F word should not be used as well as some other choice words and adult dialect.
Pros
the kids, weekends and hollidays off
Cons
hours are spotty, management, split shifts, no paid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pediatria Healthcare for Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4