Pediatria Healthcare for Kids

Pediatria Healthcare for Kids Employee Reviews in United States

Unprofessional staff
Office Help (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 20, 2016
I worked for this company for just a few short months. In those few months, there was at least a half dozen employees that came & went. The director works very hard, but her staff is terrible. The majority are female, therefore very "clicky." The nurses constantly complained about the children (who are special needs) and I found it highly unprofessional. I never felt welcome. I was glad when I left. I was there 3 months too long.
Pros
Debbie LaFratte, director
Cons
No breaks (only unpaid lunch), staff talked negatively about the special needs kids
Nightmare
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMarch 24, 2016
No field support; horrible case manager to case ratio. They hire anyone and then they're surprised when they get bottom of the barrel employees. This inspired me to go back to school so I don't need to work for horrendous companies to work with children. Do not recommend in the slightest
Pros
one on one care; patient teaching; down time
Cons
always worked every holiday; unpredictable schedule; no field support; difficulty contacting office
great patients, poor communication with management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJanuary 1, 2016
Hours are wonderful, patients and families enjoyable to work with. Management has poor communication with staff nurses, and there is a constant turnover of staff.
Pros
Flexibility, low stress, satisfying and fun work
Cons
Low pay compared to hospital or office nursing, poor communication between management and staff. No benefits.
great patients, low pay with no benefits.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2015
hated the low pay and hated the low benefits for the hard work you do for your patient.Of course the most enjoyable part of your job is the patient care but the pay is too low. plus they don't give you mileage.
Pros
eqasy charting
Cons
low ppay, no benefits
terrible managment and poor taste of professionalism
driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 10, 2015
Especially for bus drivers there is no line of defense. When you are driving their buses, the number is plastered all over it so if someone is having a bad day and thinks you did something wrong they call and report you. It most cases you get suspended first before they investigate. Not only do you get investigated, but the investigation is done by someone IN GEORGIA. The buses are not equipped with any tracking devices so there is absolutely zero proof except hear say. To top it off if your stuck with a nurse who doesn't like you....you're pretty much done for. The management does a half hearted job at running the place as the Nurses and/or aids are left out of ratio more times than not. Its like pulling teath to get them to help as youd probably be interupting their countless ciggarette breaks throughout the day. Overall if they don't like you they find a way to chase you out....especially if you speak out against the lackadaisical way they run the place or don't agree with something. Fore the most part the Nurses are a good crew to work with and most of the aids. There are some though who are very unprofessional about the language they use considering that they are working with CHILDREN. The F word should not be used as well as some other choice words and adult dialect.
Pros
the kids, weekends and hollidays off
Cons
hours are spotty, management, split shifts, no paid time off
Productive and Fun place to work
Front office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 4, 2015
On a regular day I would speak to at least 6 people on the phone to help with directions Or direct a call. I stayed busy running errands and assists others.
Great staff, love the kids, stress free environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 9, 2015
Easy going place to work, I have learned a lot about time management and how to develop PPOT and plan of care for the patients. Management was not really present so it was hard to get guidance on a lot of things that I was unsure about. The hardest part of the job was working with all women, but that is to be expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the beautiful kids every single day. They made everything worth it.
Pros
Flexible hours, and great staff
Cons
management is not the best
Fun with Children
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaOctober 22, 2015
My work day includes assisting children with everyday needs. We also do our fun daily activities such as story time, educational games, movies, and painting. My co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time with the children and watching them progress.
It was ok
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PAJuly 11, 2015
Lots of opportunity to work with a variety of patients. Management/Leadership unorganized and not profressional all of the time. Low pay for BSN Nurses. Would have loved to have more training on trachs and vents
Pros
Independence
Cons
Patient documention was not cohesive which made it difficult to understand Patients' progress
Great Place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeJuly 2, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Pediatria. I felt that I brought a lot of my classroom experience to the origination, I am hoping for employment with the company once I complete my externship.

Want to know more about Pediatria Healthcare for Kids?

Ask a question
Worst management/scheduler
LPN (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJune 17, 2015
Great place as far as the actual job itself. I love working with my patients & their families. The scheduling is horrible, never knowing form one week to the next how many hours you were going to be working & if you are not "buddies"with the staff in the office then you are at the bottom of the barrel, meaning getting the shifts nobody wants or the cases nobody wants. The favorites get the traditional M-F 8-5 cases even if families request you personally, it does not matter. Communication is terrible bewtween office and staff. There is no email for us field nurses, so much needed information we are left in the dark about. You work directly in the home with the patient and their families, occassionally orient a new nurse to the paper work but not much interaction with co workers per sae. I hear complaints from parents all the time about lazy nurses & inexperienced nurses but reporting back as to what you actually see for yourself does no good. Pediatria is a good company but this particular office is terrible. They have great nurses but have ran many off due to poor management and lack of consistent scheduling.
Pros
Love the one on one care
Cons
everything else
over all I enjoyed working there
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  3605 Highland ParkwayJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work I enjoyed providing medical care to the children . My co-worker and I were team players and management would jumps in to assist if needed.
Pros
PTO
Cons
short break
Wonderful, Caring Place to work if you Love children
RN full time (Current Employee) –  ColumbiaMay 14, 2015
Pediatria in Columbia has been Wonderful to work for. They have been very diligent in making sure I have been happy with my shifts/ schedule and have worked with me more than I have expected.. They have had the Nurses satisfaction a priority- I am very Happy in this job- I do wish they offered benefits but otherwise its a Great Job!!!
Pros
working with sweet children!!
Cons
no benefits offered
Pediatria
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 4, 2015
Home healthcare for children. I was a student working in between semesters, and they were very flexible with my schedule, and very supportive when school picked up again.
Worse management
Private duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 14, 2014
Management and staffing coordinator is horrible. She will only staff you where she wants, even if you live closer to an area in need. You can complain and no one does anything, the families they staff you with are horrible.
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
Great company with pleasant staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  schrewsbury, maOctober 8, 2014
I have expanded my learning immensely by working with pediatric patients.
Transportation and daily care for kids under the age of 5
Driver- Safely (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 6, 2014
Transport kids to and from daycare center. Work with nurses and c.n.as to care for the kids during the day
I'm all about the kids
Private duty LPN (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 14, 2014
Definitely no management support or office/ scheduling organization. Lots of favoritism to staff who gets all hrs. Tons of empty promises.
Pros
kids
Cons
poor management, empty promises n lack of communication
Ok if you like being on call
LPN (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJuly 1, 2014
Nice office staff and supervisors. Clients that are in questionable areas or over bearing and demanding. Not company's fault, but they shouldn't be so willing to "please" everyone with some that have ridiculous demands
Great culture and wonderful organization that helps kids!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greater Atlanta AreaApril 29, 2014
Pediatria Healthcare, is a great company to work for if you want to advance your career. There are lots of opportunities to move up in management positions. The culture and team oriented work environment makes this a fantastic place to call home.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
compensation