The patients were very nice
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) – Tampa, FL. – October 15, 2013
I was responsible for providing a variety and indirect care/non-nursing services essential to daily center maintenance under the supervision of the Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse.
• Assists team in the delivery of routine child care activities.
• Phlebotomy 3-5 draws per day
• Assists nursing staff with treatments/procedures as requested.
• Recognizes the need for and initiates CPR as needed.
• Reports to designated Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse any specific patient/family issues, signs and symptoms, concerns or problems requiring further assessment, communication, investigation, and/or intervention.
• Labels and maintains stock/individual child food/formula supply; stores open food/formula in labeled/sealed/closed containers; check expiration dates and disposes of accordingly; performs weekly disposal of all opened perishable items, shops for meal plan as directed.
• Cleansing suction canisters/connecting tubing daily with vinegar solution and air dries if used.
• Change suction connecting tubing weekly if used
• Change feeding tubes, bulb syringes and nebulizer units monthly