Pediatric Health Choice Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Beware
RN (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 21, 2016
Beware of this company. Low pay for Nurses. They always have an ad online because they can't keep anyone. They bypass Nurses with clinical experience only to hire new RNs that run for the hills during the first week. I guess it's a smart business tactic, as new Nurses don't cost 1/2 as much as an experienced RN. Don't waste your time. It's a mean girls network who only hire their friends. Sadly, the patients suffer.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Hiring Process
great work place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 20, 2015
The management is great, they care about each and every children that goes to the center. They care about there well being. They also are great with the families of each and every child.
It can be a productive place!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJune 17, 2015
This place can be a productive place to work but to much gossip. You have a few nurses and cna's that's very lazy and keep up drama along with the DON and ADON and secretary! I love working with the kid's that had medical issues it was an awesome experience for me that's the only thing that kept me there for 2 year. It felt like the kid's are in jail for hours unless we take them outside. No learning only tv if it works that day. This place needs somebody to run it correctly and a person that's not only about money but somebody who really cares about these kids. If you work here just do your job and leave.
Pros
Long lunches, Holidays off, work 1 Saturday a month
Cons
Pay Sucks, no benefits
Place of love and laughter
Certified Nursing Assistant (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 27, 2015
Building a relationship with children in need is such a warm feeling. dedication, patience, and care were my main focus while interacting with the children.
I would not ever work for this company again.
Pediatric PLN (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pediatric Health Choice is based in another state where they only seem to be interested in MONEY. I have worked in other Pediatric clinics that have the patients best intrest in mind . This company has the practice of grouping all there patents together in one large room .It is like a zoo, where everything is mayhem and this is dangerous for the more fragile patients . I have witnessed patients pulling out other patients G. Tubes ,and Vent tubing . I have seen management put on a "Dog and Pony Show " (That is what Management called it. ) for prospective patients family. They would have someone reading to a group. Others doing organized physical activities and such ,but the only time I saw this was when " someone was coming to check us out". My Nursing License is very important ,and so are my patients . I will not work somewhere that constantly endangers there patients and does not really care .
horrible place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Basically a day care for children with medical problems, but the children are not cared for. When children come in with massive bruising you are told you cannot do anything. I went into this job with such a positive attitude and ran away as fast as I could when I saw what went on there. Horrible place.
Cons
no breaks and horrible corporate office.
This place is nasty and the people in leadership are sneaky. It's all about money. Please do not go to work there if you want to keep your license.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
Don't waste your time. It's true they do have roaches crawling. They care nothing about the children welfare.
When the aids do not do there job the nurse is responsible. We change crib sheets, we get the kids on and off the bus, we feed them. If the kids leave a item in the center the nurse has to take it to there house. If the parents are not home during the time of drop off they return the kid to the center and the nurse has to stay until the parent picks them up. If it's not enough kids for the day a nurse is sent home without pay. You could have up to eight kids. Paper work, paper work, paper work. There are kids who should be in school and they refuse to move them on and educate the families. All about the Benjamin's.
Cons
you are still working while on lunch.
Stay away
CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 26, 2014
this job has the potential to be a great job if only have the right management in place on fortunately the administrator is very unstable and very unprofessional she thrive off rumors and drama, you never know which personality you're going to run into or expect from day to day which makes doing your job and a trusting issues on the job very difficult. The ADON is no better she's very narcissistic and allows her a thority to go to her head she's also very spiteful and petty if you develop a great sweetheart look out she's going to do her best to get you back! As for the CNA's and nurses a lot of the CNA's tensed gossip whisper behind your back and they love to tell every little thing in order to look good in the eyes of the administrator or the nurse manager, I'm a joy to have investors are very lazy and don't want to do anything outside of paperwork. If you choose to work here consider yourself WARNED
you will be you devalued and underappreciated, they will lie to you at a drop of a hat just to suit their own needs they are very self serving
Pros
this place has the potential to be the dream job it's only have to write management
Cons
everything!
interaction between patient and families
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2014
Rewarding to teach patients regarding the care of the medical needy child.
Fun Exciting group
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2014
My typical day with working with special need children and providing care they need while their family is busy at work or with their daily lives.
Fast-Paced working environment taking care of special needs children
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 26, 2013
I get to work and immediatly start cooking breakfast for all the children. Feed the ones who do not know how to feed themselves , wash dishes, clean kitchen , then follow up with circle time teaching the children there letters and colors. Then immediatly after cook lunch feed the ones who cannot feed themselves clean up wash dishes put children down for nap. The hardest part of my job is witnessing the needs of the children ages ranging from 1-20 the most enjoyable part is knowing I have a impact on these children and can teach them something.
The patients were very nice
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL.October 15, 2013
I was responsible for providing a variety and indirect care/non-nursing services essential to daily center maintenance under the supervision of the Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse.
• Assists team in the delivery of routine child care activities.
• Phlebotomy 3-5 draws per day
• Assists nursing staff with treatments/procedures as requested.
• Recognizes the need for and initiates CPR as needed.
• Reports to designated Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse any specific patient/family issues, signs and symptoms, concerns or problems requiring further assessment, communication, investigation, and/or intervention.
• Labels and maintains stock/individual child food/formula supply; stores open food/formula in labeled/sealed/closed containers; check expiration dates and disposes of accordingly; performs weekly disposal of all opened perishable items, shops for meal plan as directed.
• Cleansing suction canisters/connecting tubing daily with vinegar solution and air dries if used.
• Change suction connecting tubing weekly if used
• Change feeding tubes, bulb syringes and nebulizer units monthly
Not at all a good place for kids
LPN (Former Employee) –  Daytona BeachApril 1, 2013
Kids are not on the top of the list. Not at all what is looks to be. The busses have scraping brakes, air conditioning never works and crawling with roaches.
Pros
the workers love the kids.
Cons
the management dose not care about the workers or children's welfare
Learning and helping others to learn to improve lives.
Home Health Care LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2013
Meeting many new people, getting to learn new jobs and have new experiances, having opertunities to learn, working with people of all different age groups and being able to help people with dissabilitys and thier families, working with theropys of all different kinds to improve peoples lives.
Pros
versital time scedual
Cons
healthcare
Pay based on insurance coverage and amount of sessions
Children and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  TampaDecember 27, 2012
Basically a contract position except they take out your taxes for you so you don't have to claim them at the end of the year.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
if a client cancels, you do not get paid, company does not pay you if a client no-shows, no client consequence either
PPEC employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg,flOctober 22, 2012
Very neglectful of the children, staff not properly educated and the management much worse, the center manager liked rumors, drama and trauma.
Pros
children were great
Cons
very poor management, lack of caring about employees
Not a good company
home health nurse and in the medical day facility (Former Employee) –  tampa, flOctober 9, 2012
Does not pay well. Can make more working in home health taking care of one patient compared to the amount of patients they have you care for. Managment is aweful. Worried more about bringing money in than they are about patient care.
Pros
the children
Cons
the pay is horrible. the managment is aweful.
enviroment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2012
Relaxing enviroment, Self-Learn, Very Nice co-works,Always had work but no hours, file room-too small,
Pros
flexible, nice staff, casul, always had work to do.
Cons
very low pay! very un-orginized, head mang.favoritism
Enjoyed working with disabled children, great homebound teacher.
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 2, 2012
Enjoyed working with disabled children and coworkers. However the observation of management is less than honorable.! The nurse patient ratio is not always state regulated and the manager is skillful to disguise it.
Pros
holidays and weekends off.
Cons
kids who need speech therapy should be reffered out due to speech therapy not available at center.
very casual and laid back atmosphere
Receptionist/Office support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2012
employees very nice and fun to work with, always had something to do.
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
being let go from this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pediatric Health Choice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7