Pediatric Health Choice Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Nice place to work
Assistant Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 16, 2017
I did love this job. over all good place to work. Good team work most of the time. I loved working with the kids. They did work with me on a lot. They were always there for me for anything.
Satisfying working with children
Administrative and Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 7, 2017
Working with the children is very satisfying. I am able to use my knack for accessing resources to help our families. I have been allowed the opportunity to manage a dept, all the ups and downs of that :)
Pros
The kids
Cons
Transportation can be a hassle
Slam-Bam
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 7, 2017
What a head spin, hired on the spot, orientation was all over the place. In 2 weeks promoted with another half baked orientation pretty much learn as you go. Expected to clean the mess the previous manager left. Total chaos and confusion, the children were yelled at all day, except when the parents picked them up. Buses have cockroaches, the kids run out of supplies. Disrespect from every direction. Very low pay, on salary expected to work 72 hours a week. Off one day. Many, many other issues. Loved the children and feel so sorry for them. Injured myself and resigned. My bosses answer to my injury was, "it's mind over matter"
Pros
Loved the children
Cons
Horrible pay, disrespect, dirty
Pediatric Health Choice is a rewarding place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2017
Taking care of children with medical needs at home and in the day care center was very rewarding. The children received great care from many healthcare professionals.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
long hours and ok pay
Such a rewarding job!
RN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 11, 2017
Great place to work! Kids are awesome. Staff loves what they do providing care to medically fragile kids. Such a rewarding job being with these kids 5 days a week and giving parents time to work, attend school or have time for themselves. Great hours are a plus!
This company is terrible
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSFebruary 22, 2017
I would not advise anyone to apply for this position unless they can take being treated like a criminal with no problem. The administration staff with this company lowers your standards if your not a nurse & they belittle everyone that they don't like.
Pros
A lunch break
Cons
being treated like a dummy
Management does not care about employees
Administrator/Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 3, 2017
As a salary employee you are expected to work 50 -60 hrs a week with little or no compensation
Money is more important than the children
Have never met the owner
Great work environment
Medical Escort (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 22, 2016
Great place to work,family atmosphere,and the management really try to accomadate all employees with whatever their needs may be. Great hours and great pay.
RN a former employee Hammond LA run away if you are thinking of going to work , this is a very misleading company large staff turnover no job s
RN (Former Employee) –  Hammond LaNovember 24, 2016
This not a good company to work for very poor management and very misleading at hire ,promises made for RN -DON position then you become a hands on floor staff nurse ,high employment turn over dont waste your money paying to get this job , you will be disappointed. You pay for background check , physical TB skin test everything that company should pay you pay.
Pros
no breaks no staff
Cons
misleading administration
I love working with the public!
Administrative/ Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 20, 2016
I take care of all Monday reports, along with payroll and other financial reports. I clean the facility. I am in charge of the transport operations, and all new hire orientation.
Pros
I do not have to have someone standing over me all the time telling me what to do, I know my job and how to do it, and corporate commends me on my abilities to do so.
Cons
I take responsibility for tasks, mistakes that are not mine for the sake of the growth of our business, I take on the responsibilities that are not mine to ensure that they are done corectly.
Beware
RN (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 21, 2016
Beware of this company. Low pay for Nurses. They always have an ad online because they can't keep anyone. They bypass Nurses with clinical experience only to hire new RNs that run for the hills during the first week. I guess it's a smart business tactic, as new Nurses don't cost 1/2 as much as an experienced RN. Don't waste your time. It's a mean girls network who only hire their friends. Sadly, the patients suffer.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Hiring Process
great work place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 20, 2015
The management is great, they care about each and every children that goes to the center. They care about there well being. They also are great with the families of each and every child.
It can be a productive place!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJune 17, 2015
This place can be a productive place to work but to much gossip. You have a few nurses and cna's that's very lazy and keep up drama along with the DON and ADON and secretary! I love working with the kid's that had medical issues it was an awesome experience for me that's the only thing that kept me there for 2 year. It felt like the kid's are in jail for hours unless we take them outside. No learning only tv if it works that day. This place needs somebody to run it correctly and a person that's not only about money but somebody who really cares about these kids. If you work here just do your job and leave.
Pros
Long lunches, Holidays off, work 1 Saturday a month
Cons
Pay Sucks, no benefits
Place of love and laughter
Certified Nursing Assistant (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 27, 2015
Building a relationship with children in need is such a warm feeling. dedication, patience, and care were my main focus while interacting with the children.
I would not ever work for this company again.
Pediatric PLN (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pediatric Health Choice is based in another state where they only seem to be interested in MONEY. I have worked in other Pediatric clinics that have the patients best intrest in mind . This company has the practice of grouping all there patents together in one large room .It is like a zoo, where everything is mayhem and this is dangerous for the more fragile patients . I have witnessed patients pulling out other patients G. Tubes ,and Vent tubing . I have seen management put on a "Dog and Pony Show " (That is what Management called it. ) for prospective patients family. They would have someone reading to a group. Others doing organized physical activities and such ,but the only time I saw this was when " someone was coming to check us out". My Nursing License is very important ,and so are my patients . I will not work somewhere that constantly endangers there patients and does not really care .
horrible place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Basically a day care for children with medical problems, but the children are not cared for. When children come in with massive bruising you are told you cannot do anything. I went into this job with such a positive attitude and ran away as fast as I could when I saw what went on there. Horrible place.
Pros
Cons
no breaks and horrible corporate office.
This place is nasty and the people in leadership are sneaky. It's all about money. Please do not go to work there if you want to keep your license.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
Don't waste your time. It's true they do have roaches crawling. They care nothing about the children welfare.
When the aids do not do there job the nurse is responsible. We change crib sheets, we get the kids on and off the bus, we feed them. If the kids leave a item in the center the nurse has to take it to there house. If the parents are not home during the time of drop off they return the kid to the center and the nurse has to stay until the parent picks them up. If it's not enough kids for the day a nurse is sent home without pay. You could have up to eight kids. Paper work, paper work, paper work. There are kids who should be in school and they refuse to move them on and educate the families. All about the Benjamin's.
Pros
Cons
You are still working while on lunch.
Stay away
CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 26, 2014
this job has the potential to be a great job if only have the right management in place on fortunately the administrator is very unstable and very unprofessional she thrive off rumors and drama, you never know which personality you're going to run into or expect from day to day which makes doing your job and a trusting issues on the job very difficult. The ADON is no better she's very narcissistic and allows her a thority to go to her head she's also very spiteful and petty if you develop a great sweetheart look out she's going to do her best to get you back! As for the CNA's and nurses a lot of the CNA's tensed gossip whisper behind your back and they love to tell every little thing in order to look good in the eyes of the administrator or the nurse manager, I'm a joy to have investors are very lazy and don't want to do anything outside of paperwork. If you choose to work here consider yourself WARNED
you will be you devalued and underappreciated, they will lie to you at a drop of a hat just to suit their own needs they are very self serving
Pros
this place has the potential to be the dream job it's only have to write management
Cons
everything!
interaction between patient and families
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2014
Rewarding to teach patients regarding the care of the medical needy child.
Fun Exciting group
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2014
My typical day with working with special need children and providing care they need while their family is busy at work or with their daily lives.