Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine Employee Reviews

I felt like I worked hard and was never appreciated.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYFebruary 4, 2017
I felt stressed everyday I worked. The front staff and the back staff were very much separated. Half the doctors were great and half didn't even know my name after 3 years and I always went above and beyond in my job and worked as much as they needed me to. I just don't think they cared enough about there staff. I did learn a lot and I met the doctors that I worked for in my next job there who are amazing but that was the only two things that came out of that job. I liked what I did and I loved the patients.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Responsible for taking in all paperwork for each appointment and filing it appropriately.
Assisted in getting patients to their exam rooms and answering any questions parents may have.
Responsible for distributing necessary pamphlets and literature to parents about any upcoming procedures.
Worked with doctor to help calm new patients and assist parents in adjusting to taking their children to the doctor.
Pros
co-workers
Over View
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilbraham, MANovember 16, 2015
I work with a diverse group of peers, parents and patients. Walking into work with positive attitude helps to better patient care which is my goal daily. I obtain vitals on newborns, infants, children and to adolescent teens. Obtaining lab specimens and sending to lab (blood, urine and stool samples). Obtaining vision and hearing screenings. I help assist specific providers with their day to day tasks, schedules and patient flows. Working as a team is key in being successful.
Other medical assistant duties include filing out forms, assisting with infant/toddler formula which comes into office for patients, stocking rooms and helping in any other way office sees fit.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, great providers, parents and patients
Cons
Finicial difficulties within practice
Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAAugust 16, 2015
Work here if you never want to have a day to yourself, the office is open 7 days a week and the office has so much drama. Don't waste your time working here you wont have a life you will work like crazy and they pay horrible
productive and good place to work at
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 8, 2015
my day would go by fast always busy with patients, submitting referrals, scheduling appts. administering shots, it was a fast paced place to work at always multitasking.
Pros
free rep. lunhes and a great team work
Cons
sometimes short staffed, MA had 2 docs to work with
Productive but can be a better work environment
Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flushing, New YorkJune 7, 2015
Sometimes work would get very hectic when dealing with insurance companies and patients information but I gradually was able to manage it all. Although there were some issues during the past few months, my work schedule was very flexible with my school schedule.
Productive Executive Admin work at a small pediatric practice.
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 20, 2014
Day to day my job duties vary depending on what is needed. Computer fixes, patient accounts, billing insurance companies, strategizing PR, customer relations, setting up lunch meeting with drug reps, ect
Pros
Learning anything and everything I can about the aspect of the medical pediatric fireld
Cons
push back from individuals who dont like change
productive and enjoy coworkers
Billing Clerk and collections coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYOctober 26, 2014
very busy and face paced atmosphere
enjoy coworkers and patients
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come in and do my own workflow
Great place to learn from
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pediatric and Adolescent was a good place to work, even though it was very Busy office. I was able to learn a lot and also learn to deal with heavy work loads.

Management was ok, I feel personally it could of been better.

Co-Workers, were all Girls a lot of us socialized even after work and off work.
Hardest part of my job was sometimes calling Hospitals for Doctors, and waiting on hold, while juggling several other tasks.
Even though at times it felt overwhelming its was a great place to learn from
Pros
Free Lunch at times.
Cons
Not enough team work
poor
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2014
Dissatisfaction overall with leadership. No structure in office. Co-workers did what they want.
Fun workplace very enjoyable and family oriented
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shirley, nyMay 15, 2014
On a typical day of work Id finish all my tasks and help others when needed. I learned how to organize and react calmly in a stressful situation. My boss was a very caring person. My co-workers became like part of my family. The hardest part of my job was when the patients were rude and the best part of my job was meeting new people and being able to adapt to challenges.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The patients could be challenging at times
Amazing work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work would be rooming patients, taking vital signs, injections, referrals, interacting with kids, and filing files. I learned how to give injections. Management was great, she was a nice lady. Co-workers were amazing. They were nice and very welcoming. Hardest part of the job was giving injections to the kids. Enjoyable part of the job was being around kids and my co-workers.
Fast paced, productive and rewarding place to work.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cliffside Park, NJMarch 6, 2013
The doctor is and exceptional mentor. The office is busy with a very diverse pediatric population. A great place to work and to learn.
Pros
the doctor is an exceptional mentor!
Cons
none!
Weak Leadership
Insurance Clerk/Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 14, 2013
Management is weak and there is a high rate of turnover for the office staff and nursing staff. The management is not versed in the procedures of insurance procedures. I enjoyed working with the patients and their families and all my peers. I learned alot about insurance, collections and billing.
Pros
free lunches from drug representatives
Cons
non supporting management
Great work environment
Child Life Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 4, 2012
Atlantic Health System is an excellent place to work with great opportunities for growth
Pros
great work environment, tuition reimbursement