Pediatrix Medical Group

Pediatrix Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

No guaranteed hours
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 4, 2016
It is hard to plan since you do not know until you arrive for work how many hours you will be working. No job security even if the rules are followed.
Flexible and Fun
Hearing screener (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZJuly 4, 2016
Working on my own doing newborn hearing screens, gives me the flexibility to get to work when I need to. As long as the work gets done before the patient is discharged and the nursing staff is not held up by me, I can come and go as needed.
I spend time in the patient's rooms talking to new parents and screening and holding babies. I get paid to play with babies!
Management is great! They are Helpful and easy to talk to.
The worst part of the job is when a baby doesn't pass the screen and you have to tell the parents. I could do without that.
Pros
Babies
Cons
Not enough hours available
Pediatrics Medical Group is a rewarding place to work.
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
We perform an ABR hearing screen on newborn well enough to go home. It is very educational for the parents and continuous learning experience for the screeners
Work Review
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
I loved working for all the doctors at this job but I was not able to advance in my career. But I did enjoy working with everyone. I would have stayed if there were opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Pay was not enough
Great company to work for!
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed every day at work with Pediatrix. I gained confidence and multiple skills. I loved the one on one with the patients and babies!
Productive and great place to work
Collection Administrator ll (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Pediatrix Medical Group. Great Co-workers, benefits and flex time. Bonus was nice. Good paid time off. The flex time is amazing and every company should offer flex time.
Pros
flex time, great paid time off
Cons
sh ort breaks, sometimes demanded mandatory overtime
Very productive with opportunities for advancement.
Director of Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 24, 2016
Very structured, formal and competitive environment. Fast growing company, but management tends to rule by fear and intimidation.
Enjoy going to work everyday
Software Programmer II (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 21, 2016
Here you really get to be creative and be a part of the design of your project. Family atmosphere and the new managers coming onboard are really A+
Pros
Good benefits
Benefits are great
HA Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 11, 2016
A great company to work for. Never had any real issues. Coworkers have always been friendly and professional. Supervisors and Managers try to accommodate.
benefits
Pediatrix is a great Company
Patient Financial Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2016
Pediatrix is a Great company to work for. I believe that Pediatix meets its strive for great patient care on a daily basis and I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Typical job with flexible scheduling
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work involves constantly waiting and staring at a computer screen. A hearing screener typically works alone, no other screeners are present during the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing newborn babies.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no benefits, minimal hours, poor communication between hospital, company, doctors, etc
Great Job Culture
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 17, 2016
Very busy
Various commercial enrollment procedures
Management could be more hands on and not so micromanaged
My coworkers were amazing and very helpful
Alternating work environment.
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 10, 2016
I just started working here in February and the management is fantastic! They work with your schedule and are the most polite people I've ever worked for! The only complaint I have is it's a permanent part time position. All 3 of us hearing screeners will always be part time, but they have good pay! The most difficult part of the job is just having an infant that won't be still during the procedure. By the end of the day it's all worth it to be able to work around babies. A very good job and would recommend anyone who enjoys being around other children to look into this type of career.
Pros
Discount lunches, flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons
unpredictable number of infants in a day, small shifts, work holidays.
Hearing Screener
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 10, 2016
The job is so much fun and easy to do the only thing is the hours are low. You get to work with newborns, mother's, doctors and nurses great job to be on your own. Just no benefits and no hours less than 20 per two weeks.
Nice work environment with diverse culture in a non clinical healthcare environment
Information Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 4, 2016
I typically work an 8 hour day, 30 minute lunch, I am Hourly employee. My day revolves around a ticketing system called Remedy, we receive tickets from various departments within the organization.

I have a specific functions that surround that ticketing system to help update our Master Database, NextGen applications, Intellicred applications, GPMS applications, and various other applications or systems by creating new codes, by using reporting such as Crystal report and by using SQL to run our own reports.

We assist the various departments with their tasks by creating healthcare based payor codes, provider linking to their respective facilities, and to capitate healthcare payers. I run various sequel reports, update various applications and systems.

The culture is more reserved, we have flex time, great benefits, PTO, I have come to be a well rounded individual with this position, I feel that I need to move on, my dept is a group of about 20 people or more in which we all do different functions using Remedy Ticketing system to help various hospitals, clinics, departments and clinicians with their daily tasks that are associated with the organization of MEDNAX Services and its subsidiaries, Pediatrix Medical Group and American Anesthesiology.
Pros
Job is very enjoyable
Cons
The salary is less than other competitors, but benefits are good.
Great Company
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 19, 2016
There is much to be said about this company. They are constantly growing and taking on new challenges. The work is appreciated and equally compensated. A flex time for starting hours is fantastic for anyone having a family or car trouble. All in all, a great place to work.
Great Company
Regional Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I worked for Pediatrix Med.Grp./ Mednex for about 10 years. I would recommend this company to anyone. They are a great company to work for. Excellent Benefits and great growth opportunities. Anyone would love this company.Yearly increases, Quarterly bounces when goals are meet.
Pros
Good Diverse Culter
Productive and relatively fast pace. Really loved it.
Newborn Hearing Screening Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 6, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for Pediatrix Medical Group. Very friendly staff, management was always pleasant to work with and very helpful. My days usually consisted of printing a census, deciding which babies had priority over others, firing my machine up, and going around to all of the rooms on the maternal child unit and performing hearing screens on their brand new bundles of joy.
Not a good company to work for.
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2015
Management is horrible, and not truthful. The company do not stand behind there employees the only good part with the job was working with the newborn babies.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, and work under part time hours.
Subpar
Newborn Hearing Screen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 7, 2015
Pay is very low for what your job entails. Company does not value employees. The pay would be more working in fast food! The support for the things I needed to do my job was not there.