We are seeking a seasoned Maintenance Technician/mechanic to join our team. This person will oversee the maintenance function and be a key contributor to the manufacturing leadership team. This individual must be able to troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment, PLC's, etc and must have recent experience in a manufacturing environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to advance and work mostly independently while contributing to a larger team. $22-26/hour depending on experience. We may consider slightly more for the right candidate.
APPLICANTS: PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY HISTORY AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS IN COVER LETTER AND/OR APPLICATION
Maintenance Technician works independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine machine tasks under the direction of the Plant Manager. They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures to production and facilities equipment and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate, schedule and complete the preventative maintenance program and scheduled maintenance shutdowns of equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as compressors, pouch machines, printing presses etc.
- Repair or replace PLCs, cylinders, switches, sensors, pushbuttons, heater cartridges, etc.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments
- Capable of set up and basic operation of all production machines
- Fabricate and modify new and existing equipment components
- Manage and maintain inventory of machine parts and components needed to maintain efficient operation of all equipment
- Maintin positive relationships with vendors, suppliers or service technicians
- Participates in plant safety, quality and continuous improvement events including but not limited to Kaizen events
- Identify, suggest and implement approved improvements to equipment or processes
- Communicate with automation Engineer, troubleshooting issues to avoid service calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified to perform basic set up and operation production machines
- Have at least 3 years of experience with mechanics and basic electrical repair
- Demonstrated ability to perform job duties
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to moderate proficiency with operating computers, using microsoft office and ability to learn to use maintenance software to input data, create and maintain reports.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College and/or technical trade certificate is a plus
Indeed - 16 months ago