Peet's Coffee & Tea

Peet's Coffee & Tea Employer Reviews

Amazing people and environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2015
-Great environment
-I learned great customer service
-For a store that was in constant change the management still kept it together
Great Business
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Westwood, Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working for Peet's I had a great experience at the Westwood store only to get transfered to the Beverly Hills where my experience was smothered by poor management.
Barista
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2015
The team I worked with was amazing! I enjoyed the job greatly while I was employed through this company.
Amazing Place.
Sub Inspector (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 28, 2014
Its a very busy place, but it has its advantages.
People are nice and helpful.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor / Barista (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 24, 2014
If you love coffee and tea this is the place for you. They will overload your brain with all the coffee and tea knowledge to ensure you can answer any question thrown at you.
Overall a good Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: employee discount, work/life balance
Cons: advancement opportunities, pressure to work with minimal staff
Worked for a few years as a Manager. Really liked the discount and my team mates. Unless you live near the Home Office there is little room for advancement. Manager pay was decent- everyone else is slightly under paid. Customers were generally good to us. The culture connection was strong in my area. Super flexible schedule. Most of upper management has not worked behind a counter in forever, so there is a huge disconnect.
It all started here
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee, management, opportunities
Cons: pay
I loved working for Peets. I was here for many years, and loved it all. I really enjoyed making coffee and perfecting my art. I was part of the management team, so I learned a lot about how a business runs. I learned how to be a leader. I worked in very busy stores and found it invigorating. I absolutely loved the customers and loved building relationships.
Fun coffee shop but horrible pay and hours
Barista (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2014
I worked at Peet's coffee and the pay never seemed to increase. No one ever got promoted. The culture was great though and the employees made it fun. It was a very laid back vibe. The management wasn't very persistent or seemed to care all that much.
Great work environment, learned valuable skills
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 7, 2014
I love this company. It has taught me how to be a great leader and a great communicator. I have formed long lasting friendships while at this company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers; everyone gets touchy when it comes to their coffee. But that is also the best part of the job, some of my customers are the best customers anyone could ask for.
A day in the work life.
Assistance Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 26, 2014
Pros: 45 min lunch paid.
Well i typically close because its a bit slower and gives me more time to Train the new team members and make sure the old ones are good to go with everything. I complete all of the night paper work and i get the deposit together to be taking to the bank in the morning.
Great college part-time job
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: fast-paced
For 5 years, I worked for Caribou Coffee. I was always lucky to have educated and professional managers whom were great role models and teachers to me. The job was loaded with mini lessons in economics and marketing, disguised by a fun and cool coffee shop job. Coffee shops are open early and close late so not only are the hours flexible and accommodating to college student schedules, but it provides a great opportunity to practice time management while in school. Socializing with customers all day, fixing problems, and providing flawless service was rewarding yet exhausting, especially if you worked at 100% the entire time.
Great Company, Culture, and Product
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: free and delicious coffee
Cons: non-traditional work week (i.e. not 9-5 m-f).
Peet's is a great company to work for because of its strong culture. Working for an industry leader is apparent in the bold direction taken by the company in the last few months. It seems anything is possible here with the continued expansion across the nation.
can be a real fast pace business
Barista (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2014
I was a barista it could get kind of stressful in the morning time
Lattes, cappucinos, machiattos
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Mornings were busy with the regulars, learned a lot about the origins of coffee and tea, fun fast-paced
Basic Coffee House
Associate/Barista (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: half pound of free coffee each week
Cons: labor is cut and everyone is short of hours
No different than any other coffee place, however the atmosphere of customers and co-workers makes it pleasant to work there rather than anywhere else. Most challenging is probably being able to sell more coffee beans than other employees who are in a better position to sell. Speed of service is slower to what I've experienced before at other jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the latte art on the handcrafted drinks, its interesting to make different designs each time and personally challenging.
Hard work
Assistant Store Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: monday through friday work
Cons: short breaks
Employees are cross trained in all aspects of the job. Being level-headed was necessary because the store was constantly busy.
Customer Service
Barista (Former Employee), Westwood, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: extra income, accommodating manager
Cons: healthcare, short hours, low pay
Although I only work at Peet's for some extra money, I still take this job seriously and I take pride in my work here. The company is not as generous as Trader Joe's but my manager is very accommodating to my busy schedule and I appreciate that very much. This job is mostly customer service.
Productive and Fun
Retail Sales Associate/Certified Barista (Current Employee), Burlingame, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free/discounted coffee & tea, pastries
Cons: can be fast paced and stressful if you aren't accustom to it.
Depending on your staff, this can be a very fun place to work. The company recently let up and now allows employees to wear blue jeans. Benefits are great, especially since I have a small child. Starting pay for me was above minimum wage. In store benefits/discounts Free 1/2 lb. of coffee or tin/box of tea a week. Free drink and pastry during your shift. 50% off duty for drinks and pastries. 25% Merchandise. Always free coffee and tea, Always caffinated! Otherwise, it can be a fun job, as long as the work gets done and the customers leave your store happy.
Nice place.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no advancement
Peets is a great start for someone looking to get in the coffee culture.
Fantastic place to work
Barista (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORJune 26, 2013
Pros: customers, the team, benefits, going home happy.
Cons: i cannot think of any real cons about this job.
I LOVED working at Peet's coffee. I loved the challenge of having to remember more than 10 drinks in a row, multi-tasking and running more than one machine at a time while having them all out in a matter of 5 minutes or under was the highlight of my day. The crew was phenomenal. I couldn't have asked tow work with a better team. Each and every one of us had a respectable understanding on how each person worked which created for a smooth flowing day filled with laughter. This job was one that I looked forward to going to every scheduled day.
Honestly, the hardest part of the job was being patient with new people. Sometimes I had to remind myself that it took me about a month to be confident in what I was doing, creating that muscle memory. I was in their position at one point, too.

About Peet's Coffee & Tea

Peet's Coffee & Tea enjoys the daily grind. The company owns and operates about 195 coffee shops in California and half a dozen – Read more

Peet's Coffee & Tea Salaries