Peet's Coffee & Tea Employee Reviews

Managerial Service
Barista, Cashier and Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20009December 11, 2017
Manager is highly unprofessional. It used to be an amazing place to work until management changed. They have a new manager and her work ethic is terrible and shows favoritism towards the workers.
Busy but fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 10, 2017
It gets really busy but everything is organized well so it isn't too stressful and it's a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is how busy it gets but everyone worked well as a team in my location.
Good entry level job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2017
Offeres benefits for full time workers. Discounts on all productsz fast pace environment with a decent amount of workers per shift. Promotions given occasionally. Decent pay raises.
Pros
Pay raises annually
Interesting place to work
Coffee and Tea Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CADecember 7, 2017
A high level of product knowledge is expected of employees. Customers are inquisitive and curious. The product on hand is high quality and it can be fun to become familiar with the broad range of coffees and teas.
Overall great environment to work in
Team member (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2017
The manager is understanding, the other employees are always willing to help out, the hours are always flexible, shift leads make sure that each employee knows what they are doing and they are excellent teachers to employees, and the environment overall is just fantastic.
So much fun
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
Peet's was a great company to work for. My college job and plenty of room for advancement. Management was great, hours flexible and plenty of free coffee to go around.
Lack of Vision
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 30, 2017
Upper management doesn't seem to have clear vision or a path to get there. Many changes and proposals left undone cause chaos and an inefficent system.
Great coffee shop.
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 30, 2017
It is a great place to work at. Many students on campus enjoy buying products from the shop and enjoy studying around in the area. It can be a little bit stressful when understaffed but overall it is a really good place.
Overall summary
Store Manager/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CANovember 28, 2017
Peets is a great company to work for. They provide benefits as well as a generous discount program. The customer base is loyal to the brand. There does exist an opportunity to consider the experience and dedication of Managers at the store level as they do have a very high rate of turnover.
Stressful workplace with demanding management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
My experience working at peet's could be a little out of the ordinary, and I would, for the sake of my fellow employees, hope so. The non stop pace generated by a lack of staff combined with ridiculous standards (trash cans need to be emptied before they become half full) create a stressful and unsustainable working environment.
Pros
Free coffee, discounted food
Cons
Lack of breaks, stressful environment, understaffed locations, unrealistic productivity standards
Poor Management
Inventory Clerk, Replenishment Lead (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 27, 2017
Management compete with one another making it very difficult to display team work, which is most definitely needed in this type of environment.
Promotions are giving by way of favoritism, not skill.
Relative to other service jobs it is the status quo
Shift Leader & Barista (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 22, 2017
As a shift lead it is my responsibility to manage the staff, quality assurance and customer service. The greatest growth opportunity was learning how to better manage customer service issues. With strong managers to lead I was able to acquire some effective approaches. As stated above the workplace culture was equal the status quo of the service industry. The hardest part of the this job was also the most enjoyable, steaming milk. It's a craft worth the time and attention. Honestly there aren't many accomplishments that can rival it.

I've never met the CEO of Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. to approve or disapprove of him/her. However, I always have respect for anyone with a vision.
Pros
Premium coffee
Cons
None really
Great place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CANovember 21, 2017
Great place to work for. The management at my location is what ade my job. This place has a great culture for coffee and they really do provide the best coffee.
Productive and competitive
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CANovember 18, 2017
Fun to close and open store
Improved people skills and learned a lot about how a small coffee store operates
Management from the store was amazing but the district managers were always a little stern
Very diverse company
The hardest part of the job would probably be keeping the team focused
The most enjoyable part of the job was most likely the customer rushes
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a
Good experience as a first job, awful customers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 18, 2017
Working at Peet's was a good first job because it gave me my first experience of working in the real world and it taught me how to be patient. The most difficult part about working here was having to deal with extremely rude, impatient, unaware, and entitled customers. Many times, a long line of customers would suddenly form out of nowhere and I would have to work quickly to switch between taking orders and grinding coffee beans. The store manager was also condescending almost every time I would talk to her.
Pros
Free drinks and friendly coworkers
Cons
Rude customers, either too fast paced or too slow paced
it's really fast-paced and can be stressful.
Barista (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 9, 2017
I enjoy Peet's but the hours are hectic. The management and co-workers are great. I have a lot of fun there. If you like really fast, exciting job environment then this is the job for you.
Pros
fast-paced, exciting.
Cons
hours, too stressful.
Peet’s is a big corporation
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 7, 2017
Peet’s is a big corporation that don’t care enough about there employees! They don’t pay you enough for the stuff that you have to deal with on a daily basis and definitely don’t pay you enough to live off of!!! And the OPEN DOOR policy that they have is garbage because if they actually investigated the things that goes on in their facilities half the people including MANAGEMENT WOULD NO LONGER be their.
Pros
The customers are great
Cons
They are AWEFUL!
Easy Going Environment with Drive to do Things Right
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2017
Peet's is a nice place to work. I got my job there around May last year, and honestly did not expect to still have the same job over a year later. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you, really.
Pros
kind environment, wonderful manager
Cons
terrible district manager, unfair wages
Great job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 30, 2017
Great job for seasonal work. I worked there for the holidays and summer break. They were flexible and very welcoming when I wanted to come back to work.
Pros
free coffee
Good job for workers willing to work in teams
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at peets is usually fairly relaxed day if you know your rhythm and you are on top of tasks. I learned about customer service and how to efficiently get tasks done while serving customers. Management is wonderful and goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is doing their best and they help those who fall behind.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, Good communication, point system, relaxed environment
Cons
Short paid breaks, Unpaid Lunch, certification system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peet's Coffee & Tea. Our community is ready to answer.