Pegasus Residential Employee Reviews

driven multi-family management company
Community Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job with Pegasus was providing superior service to appreciative residents and team members. The support system within Pegasus is equally great.
Pros
team members
Very family Oriented
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2017
Great Culture. Regional Manager is very knowledgeable. Good Company to begin working for. Must be versatile with local travel. Structured policies and procedures.
Great Corporation, Room for Growth
Community Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 5, 2017
I started out as a Leasing Specialist and was promoted to the Community Assistant Manager. Pegasus is such a great company to work for: great benefit package, PTO, many paid holidays including your birthday, and constant opportunity for growth and personal advancement. They prefer to hire and promote from within and honor the time an employee has worked for them, which I find admirable. Great bonus structure for leasing and CAM roles. It’s a very fast pace job which can wear you down if you are not used to the constant pressure, but overall worth it!
Pros
Great commissions, consistent hours, usually a positive atmosphere
Cons
Can be a stressful work environment during busy leasing seasons, and they watch communities very closely when they are not at budgeted occupancy.
Dishonest Company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2017
I came in to replace a number of previous leasing consultants that did not work out at Pegasus Residential. Upon hire, I found out not only did previous LC's not make it, neither did Property Managers, or Assistants, nor Regionals. Poor management from corporate down to on site. Messy office, poor work/home life balance, lack of job security, and polices that seem to change daily.
Pros
Previous Commission Payouts
Cons
Management, Corporate, Unfairness
Terrible Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2017
I cannot speak for other regions, but in my region they treated their properties as more of "flip and sell" projects. Because of this, they did not proficiently train their employees and the staff turn over was outrageous. Not only did the company mistreat and overwork their employees, but they let residents mistreat us as well. We were hardly ever properly compensated for their work, and it was very rare for everyone to be a team player. We never had support from management or from HR. They gave me the opportunity to get my first experience within the industry, but it is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good benefits and great commission rates when paid
Cons
Not properly paid for being overworked, did not train employees, corporate did not support property teams
Amazing
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 15, 2017
Pegasus is a great company, my property manger is the best person have ever worked for. The corporate office is amazing with all of the training's they offer and how understanding they are to everything.
The work place was productive and always had something to do.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2017
I learned new software systems. I loved that the company recognized their coworkers and their earned hard work. I enjoyed the staff that i was working with as well as the uniform options given.
Pros
1Hr breaks were good as well as commissions
Cons
Heels were required.
good and hard times
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2017
love this work place awesome co-worker management nice location man I miss working on this place its very nice community, job its a bit hard, gain knowledge and improve my skill here so much
Fair Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117October 14, 2017
See my attached resume. Was able to be EPA HVAC Certified during my tenure at Pegasus Residential. The Residential Manager was very fair and likeable. Hardest part of the job was being on call and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the residents.
Pros
Family type employee enviornment (manager)
Cons
On call.
worked with good people
Commercial Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 7, 2017
Liked Job very much, Unfortuanitely the position I has was eliminated, The co workers were friendly, supervisor is still a friend of mine, job was nice allowed me to take pride in my work.
Work hard-Play little
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 22, 2017
The job itself was a great experience. Definitely learned a lot. There is a lot of favoritism involved. If you belong to the clique, you are safe no matter how you're performing. In order to keep up, you are required to work from home. Many times the way you are spoken tom it is below the line.
Upper management is clueless
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2017
Worked for pegasusresidential for 2 years too long. Tried to maintain 2 properties alone with no supplies. The help they did hire were more of an incumbency than most I have worked with in the past. The harder you work the less they care. You are just a number with this company.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Nobody cares.
Do not work here
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 23, 2017
Very unorganized, very rude demeaning district manager, very high expectations with little to no budget and understaffed, unrealistic goals that can't be achieved, raise based on staying under budget which won t happen when given 375 for air conditioning in July! Also no support from corporate office, they literally let a child offender stay on site for more money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance
Great company, lousy property
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 10, 2017
Company reputation is great, employees are taken care of. Ethics on this particular property are shady. Poor management, planning, and execution was the norm at this location. Would have loved to have built a future with this company, just not feasible at ground level in this community.
Pros
Competitive pay, better than average benefits
Cons
Totally unorganized and chaotic
Worst company I have ever worked for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 1, 2017
Worst property mgr I ever worked for in my 10+ years working in the apartment industry. Unprofessional, disrespectful, participated in & allowed inappropriate behavour in the work place. and Pegasus never disciplined. Do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management/leadership
Residents and the community
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 3, 2017
Regional and Management lack communication skills towards their subordinates. Maintenance was always pulled away from their property to do due diligence. There was no compensation for travel time. It was more important to serve breakfast to residents everyday then to have a functioning maintenance shop. I'm not sure if there was a HR department. It seems profits were a lot more important than employees.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor communication, company insurance
Fast pace work environment
Leasing Professional/ Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 29, 2017
I have learned a lot working with Pegasus Residential. Everyday work is fast pace which keeps you on your toes. It gets hard having to manage large properties with hundreds of residents, though a select few can make your job worth while.
Love my job but unsure about the company
Community Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NCJune 22, 2017
Very unorganized and unfair. Assistant Managers and maint. tech's are overworked. Managers are overpaid and don't help or do enough for other employees. Managers either want to micro-manage or do nothing at all but take all the credit.
#1 piece of advice....if your going to do things the PEGUSUS WAY, then make it standard and permanent across the board.
Pros
residents, bonus
Cons
unqualified managers, underpaid hourly
Not honest
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 19, 2017
I was hired for this position but the offer was re-sended due to my background check. When they finally sent me a copy of my background report, it was spotless as I knew it was. Horrible business practices.
Good Company
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 29, 2017
Recently took a new job when a take over happened. It is a good company and I have enjoyed my time while working here. It has been great. I did not care for the pay however it is just time to move on to something with more responsibility.