PLEASE NOTE: NO RELOCATION OR IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP OFFERED AT THIS TIME
Pegasystems is seeking a talented Engineer to join our Release Engineering team. The Release Engineering team’s primary focus is to design, maintain and operate all aspects of the systems and policies used to build, smoke test, and publish software developed by the Pegasystems Engineering staff. From development to customer, the Release Engineering team ensures all software is constructed and released in a streamlined manner. The ideal candidate is an inventive, self-motivated team player who can drive issues and projects to a closure in a fast paced, globally distributed, enterprise software engineering environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
% of Job
(highest to lowest) Description of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the daily build operations and product support activities associated with our flagship product and related products.
- Analyze and report on build failures, while identifying common trends and underlying areas for improvement.
Build Development and Project Work
- Maintain and continuously improve build automation and the supporting systems and applications which comprise the build infrastructure, with a focus on speed, scalability, and efficiency.
- Work effectively across teams to accomplish technical, functional and organizational goals.
Standards, Conventions, and Processes
- Participate in the continual refinement of best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Continually refine, document, communicate and enforce processes to ensure a consistent and well managed software release process.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant Release Engineering work experience
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle, including software configuration management practices
- Ability to configure and maintain continuously integrated product builds developed in Java
- Proficiency in Ant, knowledge of build tools, and scripting skills such as bash or python
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux system administration
- Experience with source control system administration such as SVN or GIT
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Ability to multitask on day to day operational work in conjunction with project work, while meeting deadlines and communicating progress
- Ability to independently learn new products, technologies, and tools
- Ability and willingness to work with cross functional teams and across different time zones
- Excellent communications skills and a service oriented attitude
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Atlassian products ( Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible, JIRA)
- Knowledge of Puppet
Core Pega Competencies:
- Customer Success
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Thought Leadership
Minimal, infrequent travel
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) revolutionizes how leading organizations optimize customer experience and automate operations. Our patented Build for Change® technology empowers business people to create and evolve their critical business systems. Pegasystems is the recognized leader in business process management and is also ranked as a leader in customer relationship management software by leading industry analysts. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information about benefits offerings, please visit http://www.pega.com/about-us/careers/benefits