Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pei Wei Asian Diner Employer Reviews

work
wok cook (Current Employee), msp air portMarch 23, 2015
Busy, learned to wok cook. Most co worker nice respectful . some really rude fun place to work and develop. Nice manger but not fair or organized
Horrible company and middle management
General Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2015
I worked 6 years for the company and would see my boss once a year or never at all. No support direction or staffing. Spent 6 years under staffed due to area directed out partying non-stop.
cool place
Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: rude customers
Enjoyed working with the team, learned all the station, fun manager it was always full. To deal with rude people & they always wanted there way
Fun, outgoing, upbeat place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, ArizonaMarch 9, 2015
This was a great part time job during highschool the only reason I left the company was because I went off to college and it was too far of a drive!
Bad
CREW (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management is horrible
Management is horrible . they lack communication with crew members and barely do there job, they're very condescending when it comes to lack of knowledge because they do not train appropriately.
Good Restaurant company
General Manager (Former Employee), 10420 Coors BypassFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits, no late nights
Cons: lots of hours, weekends required
worked 50-55 hours a week, busy restaurant, lots of training in kitchen. Good benefits. Weekends and all holidays require you work.
A company which gives the people what they want
Wok Cook (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: employee meals, early close, good benefits, good management
Cons: low pay, burns
Most days or nights I first set up my section and prep my ingredients. I then stay on the line and cook for a high volume of guests. And then I clean then set up for the next shift and finally close the kitchen. I am often times one of the last one to leave which entails alot of cleaning. I learned to cope with heat and stress which has taught me how to keep my composure during the rush. This job has given me stamina to finish the long shifts and get up and do it again the next day. I developed a refined technique and concentrate on getting each dish done right the first time. Many of the much younger staff make small mistakes which set us back every time. Many employees allow the pressure of the high volume business to cause them to make careless mistakes. Now I have become more careful in everything i do at my job. Pei Wei does run very efficiently and sells to a wide customer base. They are able to keep their cost relatively low while doing high volume business
not a fun place to work
Food prep (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2015
fast paste job but they never rewarded you for your good work. not even saying you did a good job. i really did not like that job
wonderful food
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free food paycheck
Cons: working for the company
fast past work style
nothing is fare work harder then others
very strict
to busy too notice
keeping up with work
free food
Productive Asian Cuisine
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
Pei Wei Asian Diner is a fun and uplifting environment with a management team in place that always sets the high standard and adheres to it on a daily basis.
Enjoyable customers and and great co-workers
Server (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: extensive knowledge of asian cuisine which has become one of my favorite flavors of food.
A typical day at work for me begins with opening up the restaurant in the morning around 9am and reviewing the task list for that day. This usually starts with preparing the sushi rolls and the appetizer station in the kitchen. Then I set up the teas wipe the tables and chairs and get ready for the shift to begin. Working at Pei Wei and becoming a key hourly adviser has taught many core values with one of the most important being, hard work pays off as long as you're consistent in doing so. The best part of this job was meeting as we like to say at Pei Wei your extended family. I really came to enjoy coming to work knowing that I had people who cared and appreciated me.
productive and fun workplace
Prep cook (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: half paid lunches, the smell of the food.
Cons: i didnt get that many days and hours.
when I came to work I would get a list of my duties for the day. I learned how to follow recipes , how to follow every step exactly the way it says. The management was good, they would help me whenever I needed help. My co-workers were good most of them were about my age so they were fun to talk to. The hardest part of the job was deciding when to continue with one thing on the list and when to start with another. I guess the most I enjoyed from the job was making recipes and learning how to cook them on the line.
i enjoy working for Pei Wei.
Cook (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Good service and great company to work for. They have exceptional food.
steady fast paced restaurant
wok cook (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in look at my prep list and job duties for the day. Then do my prep then bring all of what i may need that day to line to my station. Make sure i am stocked up for the night. then start cooking dishes desired by customers
clean environment
dishwasher/Busboy (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free food.
excellent store, very modern, great staff, great food. Working at Pei Wei is a very hard working job.
Its a good stepping stone.
Prep Cook/Cook (Current Employee), TXDecember 26, 2014
miscommunication and poor management from FOHM and KM. GM is wonderful. Great work environment. some bad eggs can ruin a great place.
Teaches you alot about management but requires alot of hours
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free meals, great benefits and strong leadership
Cons: no breaks, long hours and unrealistic expectations.
Pei Wei was great company to work for. I learned a lot about managing my time, delegating to others and running overall operations. The hours were exhausting and took a toll over a period of time. I enjoyed my co-workers and learned a lot from upper management.
Great!
server, prep cook, cashier (Current Employee), overland park, ksNovember 28, 2014
I actually really love working for this company. The employers are nice and helping, the other employees are also and the customers and mostly regulars! It's a great place to work! As I have just started I am doing training in all of the FOH positions. I've been working actively as a cashier, server, busser and in take-away. I think learning them all at once really help you learn the positions and could also help other co-workers should I need to cover a shift.
fun place for teenage and young adult to work, no pay raises
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJNovember 19, 2014
Pros: 50% entree, easy job, friendly customers
Cons: bad pay, no raises, new employees need better training.
This was a very easy place to work, there was not much to the actual jobs in the FOH. Management was usually friendly and so were co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the immense responsibility for barely any pay and barely any raises. I was great at this job and enjoyed it but the frequent management changes and terrible pay led me elsewhere.
Fun
Wok Chef (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 31, 2014
Fun great fast paced company and you learn a lot about food. Learn about hospitality and other industry standards

1 2 3 4 5

About Pei Wei Asian Diner

At Pei Wei Asian Diner, we will offer you more than just a great place to work we will give you EXCELLENT opportunities to build – Read more

Pei Wei Asian Diner Photos