Pei Wei Asian Diner Employee Reviews

Bad place
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 25, 2017
Horrible place that didn;t ever have there stuff together and management is horrible and out of sync so its like 3 different boss's telling me to do there opinion of what needs to be done.
Pros
Cons
This place
Productive Culture
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
Great Company to work for, Fast paced environment. Customer oriented. Fun inviting atmosphere. Challenging task, well organized and professional office.
Pleasant fun place to work however management sucks.
FOH Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJune 22, 2017
I worked here for about 6 months. When I first started working here I was working everyday and doubles every other day. Sometimes with limited days off because other employees wouldn't come to work or would call off after their first shift. The management sucked because he didnt care about the employees. I remember a time when I was sick (nausea/vomiting) I had to go to the hospital, I had called off work that day and even after regulations that said if you are having vomiting or nausea it would be better you didn't report to work I was told I had to come in. Supervisors barely do their job. They do just that babysit the employees. If employees need help supervisors are not obligated to take an initiative and do what they need to do to help the business that they are suppose to be positively representing.
Pros
free food first week of training, discount on meals
Cons
lack of respect
Diverse and educational workplace with friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 20, 2017
I usually worked from 4pm-10pm. I was 16 so I caught the bus right after school let out at 2:45 and made it near the store by 3:20. I used my time to get dressed and grab a quick meal before my shift. The store staff was diverse and the customers were like family. This was my first job and I learned a lot about the food industry here. My favorite part was probably the coworkers who became friends. My least favorite part was the pay I was 16 years old pulling almost 40+ hours in two weeks making 8.05 an hour while my coworkers that I trained were making 8.50. I had been there longer than my front of house crew and did a majority of the work and had more days scheduled but made the least amount of money which ultimately led to me quitting. The hardest part was probably the dinner rush on saturday nights.
Hardworking place
Wok Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
As a cook, you are constantly in the heat. It is a fast paced restaurant and will sometimes find yourself moving from differents spots around the place or just standing in one place for a long period of time.
Decent job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2017
Decent job if your looking for a first job or maybe a second job not much room to move up and make more money though. Nothing bad about the job sometimes it is very slow.
Pros
50% off food
Not a good work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2017
Management was very inconsistent in scheduling making it difficult to count on any level of income. There were many days not scheduled. The supervision was very poor during most shifts.
Pros
Nice Customers
Cons
Poor Management
would not work here again
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 11, 2017
The food is pretty bad at this location.The management is terrible, they don't treat you well at all and they play favorites. They also didn't pay me what I was told in my interview.
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 7, 2017
it was very difficult at first learning all about a product but the people were fun and so was the environment and of course the food was delisious!!
Lean Working Environment
Market Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2017
Management wants a lean staff schedule.Long hours and not very balanced work life schedule. No paid holidays. 3 CEO changes in just a couple years and structure and policy change with them.
sometimes quiet sometimes loud.
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 2, 2017
a typical day can vary between a rush or a slow day, i have learned to have patients, managing skills, team building and how to a dependable person on the team. Workplace i wish could have been expanded to the amount of people we usually receive, the hardest part of this job is keeping a smile when a guest disrespects you but i manage to and keep trying to be nice. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new guests and being able to have some kind of connection with them.
Pros
enjoy the people i work with
Cons
dislike the rudeness from the guests
intro to food service
Front of the House Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 1, 2017
i have enjoyed working at pei wei for the last 2 years. its a good place to gain knowledge into food service. and the atmosphere is relaxed but still quickly paced. running and busing are the main focus for what i do but i have also worked in the kitchen, which can be stressful. The amount of effort you put in out on the floor definitely shows in your tips, but don't expect to be making for than 40 bucks a day in tips. Rarely do i earn more then 20 though. This restaurant is a fast casual diner that is similar to Panera so tips are not common. Though you do provide close to full service. In the end i would recommend working here. I've made a lot of friends, the management staff is flexible with my schedule and very understanding most of the time.
Pros
flexible scheduling, balanced work environment, go environment for learning food service
Cons
tips are bad for the service you provide
Great company to work for but not enough pay
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXJune 1, 2017
I worked for Pei wei for almost a year I started loving the company but the management could've used some work. The lead cook had only had six months of experience and was being paid a tremendous amount of money but always able to get off of work unlike the other people working. A lack of respect and a lot of grown men and women acting like children and talking bad about each other including management. I hope they get their A game together because if not the restaurant will probably close down I went to eat at the location that I worked at a few months ago and the food was terrible and the customer service was even worse.
It was a fun productive place but managment wasnt good
Key Holder Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 31, 2017
I worked there for two years didn't really have much of a problem till we had a new manager that changed everything and not in a good way. He didn't order enough merchandise and we always ran out of something. He also always left early and messed up orders that I had to fix later
Pros
Free lunch great employees
Cons
Short breaks, never enough people on the clock so you had to do two or three jobs at once
Very well paid
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67205May 30, 2017
I was paid $8.50 an hour and was allowed to keep tips that I received. Also loved everyone I worked with; it was super enjoyable to work with such a diverse group of people.
Pros
Half off Entree meals and long breaks during doubles
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 29, 2017
Overall my experience at Pei Wei was great, but there was so much I think they could have worked on. Sometimes the word team work was thrown away in the book and you would have to learn and mange to do it on your own. it had terrible scheduling posted and 1 person would have to do the work of 3 people. Closing time could be just the same having to do those works of 3 people which made me stay longer then usual. But i did learn a lot there, like how to work on you're time management, talking to the customers, team work would work but at team. like every job it had it really bad times but then their was time where it was actually fun.
Pros
discounted food, communication, team work, time management skills
Cons
No help when needed most
Unfair Management
cashier, server, busboy (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 28, 2017
At first working there wasn't so bad, but I started to realize that the managers were starting to take advantage of me. I was always helpful and was willing to help, but it soon turned into me doing a majority of the work with no one helping me. Managers were not hesitant to blame employees for their mistakes.
Pros
Tips (occasionally)
Cons
Short breaks, management
Typical job place
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2017
Being a manager makes you have to step up and take on the role that you wouldn't always have to do. The job can get stressful because there are always those people that just make the shift not enjoyable.
Fun work area
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
I liked pei wei , its just that they switched gms and the one we got wasnt so good . The team members we're super lazy . A day at pei wei could be fun but stressful at the same time .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Team members
Pei Wei
Front of house worker / Back of house worker (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 23, 2017
When I would arrive at Pei Wei, I would set the dining room up for the customers, set up the front desk section for the workers, clean up what had not been cleaned up the day before. During work I would greet customers, talk with them, take their orders and bring their food out to them. The management was okay, a lot of different managers came in and out while I was there. Workplace culture was great, everyone that worked there was fun and easy to work with. Hardest part was how busy it would get and there would not be enough workers. Most enjoyable was the people, I loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
People working there
Cons
Management, how busy it got

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pei Wei Asian Diner. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9