Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pei Wei Asian Diner Employer Reviews

fun place for teenage and young adult to work, no pay raises
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJNovember 19, 2014
Pros: 50% entree, easy job, friendly customers
Cons: bad pay, no raises, new employees need better training.
This was a very easy place to work, there was not much to the actual jobs in the FOH. Management was usually friendly and so were co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the immense responsibility for barely any pay and barely any raises. I was great at this job and enjoyed it but the frequent management changes and terrible pay led me elsewhere.
Fun
Wok Chef (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 31, 2014
Fun great fast paced company and you learn a lot about food. Learn about hospitality and other industry standards
Fun Fast paced work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 29, 2014
Learned something new everyday

Great way to work on managment skills floating to all locations to help in training staff and working with other managing styles
Life changing experiences
Front of the House Supervisor/Employee (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor disciplinary procedures and management
A lot of changes in management. With new management there were money shortages, scheduling conflicts, and a loss of morale in the work environment. The general manager who hired me in (later left to work at PF Changs) kept a fun and family like setting in the work place. He built rapport with his employees and moved me to management as a front of the – more... house supervisor. At Pei Wei I learned key communication and management skills. – less
This place was a joke.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: nothing...
Cons: everything...
Every week they would fire someone & hire someone new.
The training was ridiculous. They gave you little books for you to "study" & they expected you to memorize every dish, every ingredient & how to do every single thing there.
I was fired in front of the entire restaurant. Unknowingly the manager & I sat at a table near my sister's boyfriend at the – more... time.
This was not only embarrassing but kinda degrading & VERY unprofessional. If you are letting someone go you are supposed to take them to the back where the office is...
I was asked to leave because I was crying & I was "making the company look bad"........... Seriously....?
The only people I got along with were most of the cooks & the dishwasher. – less
A typical starting out job. Has good and very bad days.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rather not say on hereSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: taught me a lot of skills from dealing with customers, working hard and nonstop, answering phones, taking orders, serving food, and many other skills.
Cons: management is a mess, rushes could be ridiculously stressful, and management was not very supportive during those times.
I worked here while I was a full time student in college. Thankfully I started out in the summer when I had a break in-between semesters, which helped me have time to get used to the menu. The managers were very good starting out, but sadly the one that helped hire me moved to a different branch about a month after I started. This made it more stressful – more... on our General Manager, which added stress for the workers during the busy hours. Our new manager eventually came and he sadly felt the need to prove he was in charge, making the cashiers do work that wasn't even required of us (things the busboys should have been doing instead, but they just socialized). This manager made sure that if you weren't needed at work that day, you should be sent home. I remember walking into work one day and he told me to go home right then and there (I was dressed to work and drove there on time that day). I kept wondering why didn't he call me. It seemed very unprofessional, and I lost money that day because "I wasn't needed" yet it was at 4p.m. when he sent me home, which everyone knows it will get busy by 5. This was my worst experience for work, it started out as a good job to earn cash, but by the end I was hardly making anything because of the management. My advice is know what you are getting into before saying yes to a job, and definitely express any concerns to the general manager when you can. – less
Good place for managers
General Manager (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MISeptember 9, 2014
good place for hourliy employees to advance. Excellent hours, out by 10:30p on weekends
great place
Cashier/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2014
great job. always had great management. I was always giving overtime and extra duties when I needed the extra hours.
Fun, but very fast pace.
Key Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: lack of communication
A typical dat at work was very fast pace, no time for breaks. You are constantly moving and on your feet all shift(s).
I learned how to handle and deposit money, food prep and regulations. I also learned great customer service skills, along with how to organize and smoothly run a shift(s). I've learned to companies core values and what it takes to run – more... a business.
Management had a lack of communication between each other, but was fairly decent.
Co-workers were great to work with I just think that management should have trained them better.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that all the employees were on track and giving the customers the quality of service that Pei Wei stands for.
The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing how well the service was and being able to learn all that I could learn about the business. – less
A highly busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free beverages and free food at night.
Cons: low organized management, low communication, and unwelcoming employees.
At pei wei working as a cashier, we had to take care three sections. We took care dine in customers, take out customers, and Expo window. I learned how to be more independent and a better multitasker. The management did not seem as they commuicated with each other well therefore, they sometimes didnt know what was going on and it was also low organized. – more... The hardest part of the job has to be the Expo window of making sure the dishes are right and pack them correctly for the guest. The most enjoyable is the feeling of accomplishment by multitasking and providing good customer service. – less
very hands on spend to much time cooking and doing prep for the gm
General Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2014
Great food, great hours, very hard budgets to make. Managers spend 90 % of the time cooking and doing prep.
Great Customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
The customers were the best part of this job. The hardest part of this job was the management. There was a lot of bias and prejudice towards the employees from management.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
Great place to work and get a customer/employee hands on experience.
Enjoyable Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 30, 2014
I had a good time working there. Job was good, and simple. Dish washing was not difficult at all.
productive work place and its a great energy
Yoshiro/ General Manager (Current Employee), Aventura, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: we cannot not eat for free unless they feeling alright with it...
Cons: no raises they work you like a horse and dont want to pay. your check be looking slim...
My typical day consists of me making sure my prep is done.

I have learn different things at Pei Wei for example we just got Sushi and I learn how to roll sushi cool.

Management where I work at is not to strong we need people thats willing to make employees happy by making raises happen to employees that deserve it and assuring that every employee – more... follows the book and do everything the book says and not what they want to do.

My co-workers is best i can really say we are a family!!!

The hardest part of my job is when we have a rush and we ran out of something.

The most enjoyable part of my job is going home from a hard's day at work. – less
no quality of life for managers
manager (Current Employee), floridaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: long hours
They work you 12+ hours a day, if you don't speak Spanish you are left out and have to struggle to communicate with your staff.
Upper Management Missing the Big Picture
General Manager (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJune 30, 2014
What makes Pei Wei amazing and unique is the ability get made to order fresh asian cuisine constructed of fresh high quality ingredients. Upper management has missed the boat. They are focused on making everything cheaper, rather than give the guest exactly what they want.
Customer Service oriented positon
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 27, 2014
Managed labor and food cost. Worked closely with staff in the preparation and execution of menu.
Pruductive
Wok Cook (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 21, 2014
Fast Paced Hard working. Never knew how to wok. Now I am pretty good at it. Learned a different aspect of the restaurant business dealing with Asian family dining.
It was runned down poorly with everyone quiting.
Server, busboy, and cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: 50% on food and getting tip money
Cons: no management what so ever
A typical day I would say is having at least one customer complaint due to the fact of either low staff, something wrong with the food or food was coming out late. The main reason I left these job is because I myself do not like getting complaints, I am more of a guy who gets compliments for the hard work I do. The general manager and kitchen manager – more... quitted so we were stuck with getting other managers coming to the rescue to this pei wei. Also 5 employees quitted around that time so it irritated me more but I did not leave until I knew things were getting better again. I love helping the customers out and the best part was the tips cause some of them would hand it personally to me, which made it amazing working there. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Pei Wei Asian Diner

At Pei Wei Asian Diner, we will offer you more than just a great place to work we will give you EXCELLENT opportunities to build – Read more

Pei Wei Asian Diner Photos