Pekin Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A great workplace with plenty of perks
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at works requires the filling of medication orders, making IVs, unit dosing medication as well as delivering medications. I learned a lot about the different drugs that were used in the hospital. My coworkers were fantastic trainers and I learned quickly what was expected of me. The hardest part of the job was when we were full at the hospital and there were many things to be doing during the day. The most enjoyable part was having great coworkers who were always trying to help each other.
Pros
Opportunities for extra pay, great benefits
Cons
No guarantee for annual raise
i like working on jobs that keep me involed
Janitor (Current Employee) –  pekin illinoisMarch 21, 2016
i enjoy working with people staying busy make the time go by fast doing different jobs working outside try to help others to get it right the first time
Pekin Hospital was a great company/hospital to work for, I learned so much from so many....
CPhT In-Patient Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 31, 2015
I gained many years of knowledge and experience at Pekin Hospital....my hometown hospital. I can not say enough great things about working there!
My career as a CPhT was developed and strengthened there and I'm proud to say that is where it all started at.
Pros
hometown and knew most everyone...
Cons
hometown and knew most everyone...
Good Pace
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here, working with others was rewarding and the program was something that I felt like I was helping. 40 hours a week. I enjoyed this job
was terminated while on FMLA
cna nursing assistant cna/MOA (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 27, 2015
Pekin Hospital is a facility in trouble. They are the only facility to Fail a Chip Medaris over haul. The Board and Senior Leadership is absent. Truly missing invested motivated Leaders and management. Employees do not trust their employer.
As an employee
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 24, 2015
I like the job and the people i worked with. always had something to do from cleaning out patient rooms to medical offices. Long hours but a good amount of time for lunch.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough workers
Flexible
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 17, 2015
Flexible with schedule and time needed off.

Stressful work environment and co workers that didn't work well with each other.
Wonderful place to work with home town feel
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Caring staff with volunteer opportunities in community. Mission trips available, family-like environment, Community hospital with personal care for our patients.
Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 9, 2015
Starting IV's
Making sure patients are prepped and ready for surgery
Team building

Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for others
Excellent Staff
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJune 14, 2015
Pekin Hospital is a small close knit community hospital. The staff is very friendly and personable. I truly wish when I moved I could have found a similar. This hospital cannot be duplicated with respect to the friendly upbeat atmosphere that so many employees here create!
Pros
Fun Loving Staff
Cons
Not an ideal location--As far as entertainment
Decent and enjoyable, but not for everyone.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at Pekin Hospital as a nurses assistant would be helping patients with anything they may need offering them meals during meal time and helping the nurses complete their rounds.
I found the most enjoyable part was helping the patients realize a goal no matter how small or inconsequential if it was important to them it was important to me to help them out.
Pros
working to help patients
Cons
long hours made for back pain from helping patients bearing most of their weight as well
I ejoyed working at PH and the staff
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 20, 2014
My typical day was to make rounds threw the hospital to make sure all air handler were operating normal and all pumps.and worked on my PM's or any work orders that were sent to me and also maintaining threw the Windows base system Contiuam in ensuring the proper atmospheric conditions were maintained. My co-workers were the best if any one would need a helping hand we would all pul together like a good team would do. My most enjoyable time there was noing that i am helping take care of our patiant as well as our staff and visitors.
Cons
we were a family
Personal care is important here.
RN (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 1, 2013
My typical night consisted of making patients comfortable and as pain-free as possible. My co-workers were usually as helpful as they could be. The hardest part was often time management with the number of staff available and/or new patients on top of what was going on at any given time. What I enjoyed most was when a patient was happy. Whether it be because they were in pain and it was relieved, or they were excited to see the healing process progress with positive results, or they enjoyed the care I provided as their nurse. I am happy when they are happy.
Co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 16, 2012
Wonderful Boss and Team Environment. I have really grown and learned a lot at this position. I have a very supportive boss and do enjoy what I do.
ER Nurse
Crisis Nurse/ House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, IlAugust 10, 2013
Had many duties... Functioned as a ER Nurse, Crisis Nurse for the Hospital, and occasionally a House Supervisor
Hospital work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 29, 2013
I worked on a surgical floor. I learned a lot working at this job. A very busy but rewarding job.
Call, 2nds,
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILJune 21, 2013
Too Much Call and switching to 2nds without asking. They are very friendly staffed.