Pekin Hospital Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Hate this job.now ot even wrose with unity point taking over. Treat the housekeeper like dogs. The pay sucks you can't live on it the benefits now it's a really bad place
Pros
Cons
Rude boss
One can grow to be content at this facility
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Pekin, IL 61554September 14, 2016
I really have nothing bad to say about this employer. I enjoy full time benefits, but work only part time hours. Lots of perks and lots of good people work here.
Pros
Employee friendly and very supportive of employees who are students
Cons
Weekend and holiday scheduling without coverage for breaks and lunch, but they are paid breaks.
Good place to work, but terrible Management process
Computer System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 28, 2016
In a normal day I never saw my supervisor. Had almost no interaction to know if I was doing a good job or not. Two co-workers were the ones who gave my review and never told me anything that they thought about my work unless I asked. They could make or break your job no matter what you did or did not do.

I enjoyed most of the people I worked with and enjoyed learning about the job. This job would be great if it were managed better.
Pros
Some great people and good challenges
Cons
Terrible management styles
Overworked staff
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 31, 2016
Most of the leadership is trying to turn things around and create a good culture but all departments are overworked and underpaid and moral is low. The small hometown feel is nice. But it's not an easy work environment.
Pros
Most of the leadership is trying
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, not appreciated, not competitive pay or benefits
Great place to work, the people, the culture is awesome really enjoyed
Patient Registration Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 13, 2016
I love the culture of the company, the people, the patients, the values and standards. This is a work place that matched the education I am pursuing in management however, I am willing to pursue a career with a company that has room for promotion.
Good Pace
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here, working with others was rewarding and the program was something that I felt like I was helping. 40 hours a week. I enjoyed this job
The Kitchen was fun to work with the girls
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 11, 2016
cook
supervise
run the café
serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner to the patients
take food orders
work in the office
do cold production

management was great

co workers were fun to be around and helped each other out

was the cleaning up

being in the kitchen and cooking
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Hot
i like working on jobs that keep me involed
Janitor (Current Employee) –  pekin illinoisMarch 21, 2016
i enjoy working with people staying busy make the time go by fast doing different jobs working outside try to help others to get it right the first time
Flexible
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 17, 2015
Flexible with schedule and time needed off.

Stressful work environment and co workers that didn't work well with each other.
Pekin Hospital was a great company/hospital to work for, I learned so much from so many....
CPhT In-Patient Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 31, 2015
I gained many years of knowledge and experience at Pekin Hospital....my hometown hospital. I can not say enough great things about working there!
My career as a CPhT was developed and strengthened there and I'm proud to say that is where it all started at.
Pros
hometown and knew most everyone...
Cons
hometown and knew most everyone...
was terminated while on FMLA
cna nursing assistant cna/MOA (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 27, 2015
Pekin Hospital is a facility in trouble. They are the only facility to Fail a Chip Medaris over haul. The Board and Senior Leadership is absent. Truly missing invested motivated Leaders and management. Employees do not trust their employer.
Wonderful place to work with home town feel
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Caring staff with volunteer opportunities in community. Mission trips available, family-like environment, Community hospital with personal care for our patients.
As an employee
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 24, 2015
I like the job and the people i worked with. always had something to do from cleaning out patient rooms to medical offices. Long hours but a good amount of time for lunch.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough workers
Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 9, 2015
Starting IV's
Making sure patients are prepped and ready for surgery
Team building

Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for others
A great workplace with plenty of perks
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at works requires the filling of medication orders, making IVs, unit dosing medication as well as delivering medications. I learned a lot about the different drugs that were used in the hospital. My coworkers were fantastic trainers and I learned quickly what was expected of me. The hardest part of the job was when we were full at the hospital and there were many things to be doing during the day. The most enjoyable part was having great coworkers who were always trying to help each other.
Pros
Opportunities for extra pay, great benefits
Cons
No guarantee for annual raise
Excellent Staff
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJune 14, 2015
Pekin Hospital is a small close knit community hospital. The staff is very friendly and personable. I truly wish when I moved I could have found a similar. This hospital cannot be duplicated with respect to the friendly upbeat atmosphere that so many employees here create!
Pros
Fun Loving Staff
Cons
Not an ideal location--As far as entertainment
I ejoyed working at PH and the staff
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 20, 2014
My typical day was to make rounds threw the hospital to make sure all air handler were operating normal and all pumps.and worked on my PM's or any work orders that were sent to me and also maintaining threw the Windows base system Contiuam in ensuring the proper atmospheric conditions were maintained. My co-workers were the best if any one would need a helping hand we would all pul together like a good team would do. My most enjoyable time there was noing that i am helping take care of our patiant as well as our staff and visitors.
Cons
we were a family
Decent and enjoyable, but not for everyone.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at Pekin Hospital as a nurses assistant would be helping patients with anything they may need offering them meals during meal time and helping the nurses complete their rounds.
I found the most enjoyable part was helping the patients realize a goal no matter how small or inconsequential if it was important to them it was important to me to help them out.
Pros
working to help patients
Cons
long hours made for back pain from helping patients bearing most of their weight as well
Personal care is important here.
RN (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 1, 2013
My typical night consisted of making patients comfortable and as pain-free as possible. My co-workers were usually as helpful as they could be. The hardest part was often time management with the number of staff available and/or new patients on top of what was going on at any given time. What I enjoyed most was when a patient was happy. Whether it be because they were in pain and it was relieved, or they were excited to see the healing process progress with positive results, or they enjoyed the care I provided as their nurse. I am happy when they are happy.
ER Nurse
Crisis Nurse/ House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, IlAugust 10, 2013
Had many duties... Functioned as a ER Nurse, Crisis Nurse for the Hospital, and occasionally a House Supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pekin Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Pekin Hospital Reviews by Location