Pekin Hospital

Pekin Hospital Employer Reviews

Decent and enjoyable, but not for everyone.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pekin, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working to help patients
Cons: long hours made for back pain from helping patients bearing most of their weight as well
A typical day at Pekin Hospital as a nurses assistant would be helping patients with anything they may need offering them meals during meal time and helping the nurses complete their rounds.
I found the most enjoyable part was helping the patients realize a goal no matter how small or inconsequential if it was important to them it was important to me to help them out.
Personal care is important here.
RN (Former Employee), Pekin, ILNovember 1, 2013
My typical night consisted of making patients comfortable and as pain-free as possible. My co-workers were usually as helpful as they could be. The hardest part was often time management with the number of staff available and/or new patients on top of what was going on at any given time. What I enjoyed most was when a patient was happy. Whether it be because they were in pain and it was relieved, or they were excited to see the healing process progress with positive results, or they enjoyed the care I provided as their nurse. I am happy when they are happy.
ER Nurse
Crisis Nurse/ House Supervisor (Former Employee), Pekin, IlAugust 10, 2013
Had many duties... Functioned as a ER Nurse, Crisis Nurse for the Hospital, and occasionally a House Supervisor
Call, 2nds,
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Pekin, ILJune 21, 2013
Too Much Call and switching to 2nds without asking. They are very friendly staffed.
Hospital work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Pekin, ILMay 29, 2013
I worked on a surgical floor. I learned a lot working at this job. A very busy but rewarding job.
Co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pekin, ILOctober 16, 2012
Wonderful Boss and Team Environment. I have really grown and learned a lot at this position. I have a very supportive boss and do enjoy what I do.

About Pekin Hospital

Since 1913, Pekin Hospital has been dedicated to improving the health of its community. Just 20 minutes south of Peoria in central – Read more

Pekin Hospital Photos