Pelican Bay Ltd Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No business sense
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLOctober 28, 2017
This is by far the worst place that I have ever worked. The company is very disorganized and has no desire to make it any better. The owner makes decisions on how she feels and not based on facts. There is no fair treatment at this company. I could go on and on but I won't.
Cons
senior management/owner
Glad I Found Pelican Bay
PAcker (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLAugust 3, 2017
I really wanted a place to work and take care of my family. I found this company through my sister in law who was working there to. She said it was a good place to work at and some days would be harder than others. I got hired and worked in packers department and my manager was not so easy to get along with and if you were her friend she did good by you. If you wasn't then it was not always good. I always minded my own business and never had time to be friends with people at work but I never had problems. while I was laid off this manager was let go and when I came back it was like it was a totally different place. I have been back two months and love every day I work there now.
family com[pany
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Fast pace workplace. Great management and great coworkers. Not able to work the fully 40 hours a week and it was a long drive distance
non stressful working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLNovember 3, 2015
Pelican Bay is a decent company in general, they treat most their staff ok. the office and warehouse is very segregated. They are flexible with breaks and there is no overtime available at all. The office is too quiet but a good working pace to be non stressful.
Pros
2 days a week lunch is provided, full time
Cons
A lot of gossip, Rude employees
Like what you would imagine a food packaging plant to be like
Food Packager (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me started at 3:30 PM and ended at midnight. I walked in say hi to my co-workers and clock-in to go to work. I learned almost every part of the operation within my first 5 hours so it is not hard at all. As one knows a repeated task done a 100 times is bound to have mistakes. So when that happened some co-workers would snap at you for it. Beyond that work was quiet and slow. I learned how to make boxes and label boxes. Management was easy going, no real issues with that. My co-workers ranged from people who just wanted to do their job, get payed and leave to those that took the job a little too serious. The hardest part of the job is how slow time flies and how we were not allowed to listen to music. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some nice co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Slow work, Repetitive tasks, Mistakes, boring, etc.
Incredible experience and oppertunity
Exec Warehouse Mgr/Logistics/Purch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLFebruary 23, 2014
Wonderful and enlightening experience - thank you Pelican Bay!!
Pros
The entire journey
Cons
NOT a one