Pella Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 2, 2018
The overall work culture as a team is the best at any facility that I have ever been at. I work with a tightknit group of people in the respiratory therapy department. All disciplines of healthcare work together for the best outcome of the patient.
Pros
Great people with patient-centered attitudes
Cons
Small facility
Fun Workplace
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 28, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of taking care of patients in the ER setting of all ages, the staff made this job for me. They were all caring and excellent to work with.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
nothing
Very nice hospital.
Full Time CRT (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA 50219December 2, 2017
Great hospital! Very nice physicians and nurses. Great place to grow as a health care professional. Culture is a family like atmosphere. Management is good. Can be short on equipment at times but its a 25 bed so they don't use certain equipment often.
Pros
Small, relaxing, family culture.
Cons
Can get slow, don't always use all skills.
Always busy
Office Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 28, 2017
I work with excellent, kind, skilled people. The work is disorganized and poorly supported by upper management. My day starts with a bang at 7 am and rarely slows. I communicate with staff, schedule patients, take phone calls, respond to emails, and assist others as needed, as well as communicate from staff to management.
Pros
kind co workers
Cons
disorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 21, 2017
Had a great experience with everyone at Pella Regional. Felt appreciated and enjoyed going to work every day. Pay and vacation time off was great. My boss was wonderful and kind.
Pros
Lots of benefits, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
too many meetings.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 10, 2017
They are a great company to work for, insurance is great! They help you out as much as they can. If you get low on hours you can move around and work anywhere.
medical imigaining/phlebotomy
X-Ray Technologist/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 7, 2017
I would clock in and see what in patient draws needed to be done. Do those and then draw patients. Not enough training in the clinic I would also perform xrays.
Pros
Patients
Cons
management
I love prhc
Food Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 3, 2017
I worked for the Pella Hospital for a little over 2 years in the kitchen, and I loved every minute of it. The people I worked with were great, even at 6AM we were all pretty cheery and happy to keep each other awake. A typical day was spent answering the phone to receive patient orders, making the food, putting it all together on a tray, then delivering trays to patient rooms. I learned so much about myself here: that I can work at any time of the day as long as I have great people around me. Mostly because my day would start at 6 or 6:30 AM and that was tough at first, but eventually you get used to it. They also have night shifts, which are a lot less busy than the day shift. So the hardest part of this job would be the hours sometimes. But the best part was the people I worked with and how much fun we could have.
Pros
Delicious food, low prices, great benefits, the people
Cons
Early morning shifts
Great employees to work with
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA 50219May 2, 2017
Quick paced office. Multiple doctors/PA's to schedule for. Multitasking is necessary. Constant communication with doctors and nurses throughout the day. Late night every other week and every 15th weekend.
Great Place
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Very accommodating if you needed time off. And the only reason I quit was to stay home with my young children, otherwise I would probably still be there.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 20, 2017
Wonderful place ! Great people! They take great care of the people who work for them, would definitely work for the company again. Hours/wages are also good.
great atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 9, 2015
The people and place was just always so nice and there to help you when ever needed.. also could work way up the employment ladder :)
Fast Paced
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAOctober 17, 2015
As a phlebotomist your day is very fast paced, up beat, and full of patient interaction.

Friendly staff members.

Great learning experiences everyday.
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 29, 2015
Incredible mission statement and fantastic culture for compassionate and quality care for all patients. The people truly care for patients and each other. Pella Regional offers advancement and growth. I have enjoyed working there.
Pros
Caring people
Cons
small town
very poor management
former employee (Former Employee) –  allJuly 17, 2015
Very unprofessional work environment. Management does not care for employees or patients- only about money. It is all about who you know in order to advance. They promote Christian compassion, but never saw this. Hours and jobs cut while management was not affected.
Pros
loved co-workers
Cons
no one listened to employees-they said they were listening, but did not.
Very unprofessional work environment, backstabbing management, and nursing staff are very unfriendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ClinicMay 6, 2015
The management of the clinic are very backstabbing and will focus on one person with micro-management issues, then will move onto another employee and do the same thing. The team members are really good at forming cliques and then excluding other team members...very high schoolish to say the least. This establishment has a mission statement of "Compassionate, Christian Care" which is so far from the truth. How management sleeps at night is a mystery to me! If anyone is offered a job at the Pella Medical Clinic...RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!
Pros
Cons
Terrible management and a CEO that is ok with terrible management.
I enjoyed working at Pella Regional
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 20, 2015
I enjoyed my work in the Emergency Dept.
the staff work well together. Our team had a fantastic manager who worked hard to meet the needs and desires of the staff.
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 23, 2015
Good interaction with residents, newer building, good staff, good training and education.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Short Staffed
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 29, 2013
Very rewarding to work with patients/and work with a great team
Cons
hard to get full-time benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Regional Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2