Pella Windows and Doors Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IADecember 7, 2017
I started out on the assembly line and advanced to material handler within 6 months with a pay raise. I would help out on the line when I was caught up with my work or if they were behind on the line.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Na
Fast paced and exciting.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PADecember 6, 2017
Working at Pella is very enjoyable. The employees are welcoming and helpful. The work is fast paced, but rewarding. Upward movement within the company is competitive which breads motivation.
Lack or management 1specific site. Overall company is great!
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Macomb, ILDecember 6, 2017
The site that i work at has a management problem where no-one is held accountable and the employees bonus structure is absolutely terrible. The employees and coordinators keep the site afloat and keep everything going.
Pros
Great job security, family oriented company
Cons
Bad local plant management
Great environment. Best team I've worked for
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 30, 2017
Entire staff is helpful. This company really cares about and appreciates their employees! They help their customers out and bend over backwards for them. They really care about their customers' needs.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
small staff for the amount of business they have
Good coworkers, excellent teamwork culture, room for improvement
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2017
I quickly took to the training I received at Pella and achieved several raises and opportunities as I worked there. I was trained on multiple positions on a single manufacturing line before they moved me to other lines to learn even more. I was even offered an installation position once that never led anywhere.
Pros
Many benefits, good wages, plenty of vacation
Cons
Sometimes the work can get too fast paced to keep up with, coworkers frequently became quick to anger
Individual owned and operated
New Construction / Commercial Installer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Was removed from current position....Installation department was being revamped. I was not asked to continue my role with the company.
no longer open
Order Checker/ Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 8, 2017
no longer open. It was an awesome company to work for when it was open. Anyone that wants to live in a small town in Iowa would love to work at the corporate office
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2017
This is a great place with a great culture. From the top down it is somewhere I will always recommend to friends or family for employment or Pella's services.
Pella work place culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macomb, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Pella is always ready to lend a helping hand to any groups or organizations. Every year they raise money for JDRF. They do the Teacher of the month, and we also raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. the last couple of years we've also raised money to help the Macomb animal shelter.
hard work and very fast pace job
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2017
hard working job wit heavy weight n machinery . takes a lot of muscles skill n measurement understanding to do this job but I always like a challenge.

Want to know more about Pella Windows and Doors?

Ask a question
Regular place to work
PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 31, 2017
My responsibility in this company was to paint
new doors and windows before they were installed, they were certain amount de windows and doors to be painted in the same day.
Fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJuly 19, 2017
Fast paced work environment
Very hot in summer months
Cold in winter months
Learned a lot about window parts and functionality
Great training
High Earning Potential
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are a self-starter looking to build a clientele and put in the work to be successful. You will need to be self-motivated with a thick skin and the ability to put in the time and effort needed to make a good living.
Enjoyable to work for
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 17, 2017
The company is heading in the right direction. Attached to the housing industry. So there will be ups and down throughout the year. Management team works hard to make it work.
Safe work environment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 10, 2017
Very close knit environment. Good management team as well as maintenance team. Very nice break room facilities. Good benefits and very family oriented hours
This is a pretty decent place to work.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Story City, IAMarch 8, 2017
8 hours shifts working in team building like crazy fairy fast paced get to switch jobs every couple hours the more you choose to learn the more you can bounce around a keep it interesting. They try to keep there people happy but everyone needs different things. I spent a long time working with them and enjoyed 85% percent of it which is way more than alot of other places.
Office job
Finance-service coordinator (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 1, 2017
High sales focused. High energy work place with constant change. Lots of travel and constant change in schedule. You have to be willing to be flexible and constantly focused on work.
its an ok places
door and window installer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2017
Could use better manegment pay was not that good and no benefits also a lot of people slack on their job Wichita causes a chain reaction and causes more problems for everyone
Good
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
My favorite job started at 15 a hour obtained the job through a temp service. I drove a forklift and delivered windows . When I started getting cold I got laid off
great workplace, always changing
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 12, 2016
- a typical day at work consisted of either removing old windows or cutting holes for new ones, then installing Pella windows
- i learned the differences between the types of windows we install and how to properly install them
- my management was great, when we would get a window with a defect in it. they would send someone from Pella immediately to fix the problem. my co-workers were also great to work with.
- the hardest part of my job was working on a small plank 2 stories off the ground taking an old window out.
- the most enjoyable part was when i was finsihed with the job and i could look at what i learned and how well i did it.
Pros
free lunch everyday
Cons
being stuck in traffic in the morning