PENGUIN GROUP USA Employee Reviews

Was a great place until local warehouse closed.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJune 9, 2016
Picked orders for orders that had to be shipped. Was able to get a forklift license, and was able to advance until the company downsized.
forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYNovember 13, 2015
worked there a long time and management was ok. It was difficult at times to have a new idea because we were to do things the old way no matter what. Management did try. The hardest part was the other coworkers more than anything
great benefits
Processor (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJuly 31, 2015
start opening boxes of shipments coming in from warehouse, how to manage time. management was helpful to any questions I had, co-workers enjoyable.

hardest part of job was sometimes boxes coming in were very heavy and had to lift on to a small table to process while standing all day long.

most enjoyable part was being around friends while working
Pros
extra activities like doing walks for charities and receiving books at a discount price
Just a job, nothing special .
Forklift Technician (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJune 29, 2014
I run my own Department. In my 6 years I have never taken a sick day and have never been tardy!
Compensation is OK but there are no performance reviews and everyone gets the same raises.
Management doesn't seem to plan ahead. Everything is reactionary, not pro active!
Many workers are over paid and are allowed to get away with abusing the sick day policies.
Working with people who take advantage of the system is hard for me
I enjoy doing a quality job and having visitors recognize a job well done..
Pros
6% 401K
Cons
The company is closing next year!!!
Co-workers were great
Assistant Manager-Logistics (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJApril 5, 2014
PGI was a good learning experience. The salary scale was low.
Great Company. Changes ahead with merger
MANAGER, Strategy and Planning Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
I loved my job here and stayed for 16 years until the merger with Random House ended in the elimination of our department.
Pros
Great co-workers and upper management
Cons
ongoing merger
valuable work experience
Publicity Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2013
It's a valuable work experience, especially if you fall under the right management.
Progressive and employee oriented company.
Correspondence Admin (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJSeptember 11, 2012
A typical day was busy which was great because I don't like being bored. Asking management for more work opened me up to working with other departments and learning more. Co-workers were there to keep the company running smoothly. The hardest part of working there was when I ran out of work, but asking for more responsibility and learning was the highlight of my experience there.
Pros
lots of holidays.
Cons
45 minute lunch.
stinks dont bother you will regrett it.
Material Handler, Group Leader, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYMarch 10, 2012
used to be a good company but new management took over and is wrecking the place. probably a good place for a woman to work but give the cold sholder to men . different standards for different people even though they say everyone is equal.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management sucks, especially if you are a male

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PENGUIN GROUP USA. Our community is ready to answer.

PENGUIN GROUP USA Reviews by Location