Penhall Company Employee Reviews

Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 4, 2017
I would flat saw concrete and core drill hole. On a few occasions I ran a small crew for other drillers. I enjoyed the different locations. The management could have been more help to there employees.
Good fun people to work with
Combo Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2017
Great people to work with. Good benefits and great hours. Although you can work alot of hours , during the winter slows down and you'll get that time back.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Some days can be long
Good Company to work for and good people to work with.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMay 21, 2017
Typical day at work long hours.
Learned something new every day.
Management works well with employees and takes care of their employees.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the temperature and long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and the people I worked for and worked with.
Unstable work hours.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2017
Often times I would find that there would be equipment failures such as concrete cutting saws breaking down, rivet busters not working, cables exposing wires. I would also get to a job and not have the supplies readily available. I learned how to cope with set backs and pull together a job through grit to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team.
Pros
Working hard for good money.
Cons
Never know when your going to work.
Good Company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2017
The work load is heavy and demanding. Working for the company taught me all about the concrete industry. The management team was driving but consistent and fair.
Great company
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2017
They truly care about safety and will allow you to stop a job if safety is a concern. Great benefits with matching 401. THe team is great.
not the best company to work for
operator helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
joined Penhall as a helper with no experience in concrete cutting or drilling...starting pay wasn't bad I guess for no experience. What I didn't like about the Houston division is that the work is not consistent....not knowing if you'll make 40 hours or any hours for that matter is the worst. The actual work itself (wire sawing, core drilling, flat sawing and wall sawing) was a cool experience but I just not for me. The other helpers and operators were good people, some easier to get along with than others. Got to do some traveling too which I liked because Penhall would me pay per diem and for the nice rooms they put me in. The management could do better with their employees though.
Pros
uniforms, traveling, pay per diem and hotel
Cons
management don't take care of their employees or appreciate the work and production they do, Work is NOT consistent and the hours are NOT guaranteed.
Poor Job at Penhall
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Don't work here. When i started all i could see was an unorganized mess. Stuff being done at the last minute when it had to be done hours before and then the superintendent not keeping track of the hours. It was just a mess. On top of that be prepared to not work for a month straight, During the winter they would seriously not call you but they'll inform you that you can't work and to wait it out. We have bills to pay and they expect us to seriously wait a month without work?!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized management, losing track of hours and no work for a month
Flexible company
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This is a great company to work with if a flexible schedule is needed. Penhall is always willing to work around schedule do to school or other personal needs.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Very Professional Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 4, 2016
Penhall Company has a reputation for outstanding service and responsibility. There professionalism was put through the test during the Northridge quake. They performed above standards.
Pros
Union/Take Care of Their employees
Cons
None to Mention.
They lied about what the job was
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 27, 2016
I applied for the Heavy Equipment Operator position in Birmingham, AL. I got a call from the manager wanting me to interview, which I did. He even said on the phone, 'For the heavy equipment operator position'. However, after interviewing and being offered the job, my drug test paperwork said 'Field Technician'. They don't even own any heavy equipment at this location. They have concrete saws, and not much else. I would have been cutting concrete, not operating equipment. He said if there is a need for equipment, they rent it. Very dishonest, I got a bad feeling about the company, and did not go to work there.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty
Communication Break Down
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA, Eueka, CAJune 6, 2016
Penhall as a whole was great to work for! A lot of unique experiences and projects. Co-workers are normally great although management has it's downfalls. There seems to be no communication between divisions. It seems pretty greedy with no real corporate structure.
Pros
Unique challenges, Broad variety of job faces/types
Cons
Poor Communication, Lack of work/seasonal
Unorganized
Division Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 11, 2015
Was happy for the minute I was there. Hired me in March to turn around and lay me off in July. Very disappointed with the whole experience
Pros
Loved my manager
Cons
Didn't he try to keep me
Fast paced Construction Company
Field Operations Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJune 21, 2015
Daily interaction with division managers to forecast future needs in all related fields.

Learned that companies need to adapt to change as the environment changes. This change is needed and change management must be in place and accepted in order to suceed.
Pros
Pay is above to average in the economy
Cons
Not acceptable to change.
Great Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2015
A little old school when it comes to technology but they were a very good company to work for and I enjoyed the people tremendously.
Pros
800 pound gorilla in the concrete company
Cons
technology challenged
Flexibility and the people make the company
Digital Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I had great guidance, great people and a manageable time schedule. The co-workers were helpful and my work was recognized. I learned lots to prepare me for. The skills and the industry that the company opens up is pretty great.
penhall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
a typical day at work was data entry for payroll and certified payroll, entering information to get the guys paid. I learned a lot from that company, the management was great and co workers were easy to get along with helpful, the hardest part of the job was when things in payroll were messed up because the hard part was getting back up and running right and making sure the information was right. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new stuff and being part of a great team.
Terrible management with to much favoritism.
Estamator (Former Employee) –  EverwhereOctober 11, 2014
Left Company a couple of years ago with bad feelings of unfair treatment.Penhall was changing to a rental type of co.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful and Hypocritical Management
Great Corporate Structure
Office Manager / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 29, 2014
Penhall is a nationwide company so there is a policy & procedure in place for everything which left no confusion when employees needed direction.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 17, 2014
The HR representative for this company is a great asset. He made me feel supported and respected. The supervisors for the branches need more supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penhall Company. Our community is ready to answer.