Penhall Company Employee Reviews

Very Professional Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 4, 2016
Penhall Company has a reputation for outstanding service and responsibility. There professionalism was put through the test during the Northridge quake. They performed above standards.
Pros
Union/Take Care of Their employees
Cons
None to Mention.
They lied about what the job was
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 27, 2016
I applied for the Heavy Equipment Operator position in Birmingham, AL. I got a call from the manager wanting me to interview, which I did. He even said on the phone, 'For the heavy equipment operator position'. However, after interviewing and being offered the job, my drug test paperwork said 'Field Technician'. They don't even own any heavy equipment at this location. They have concrete saws, and not much else. I would have been cutting concrete, not operating equipment. He said if there is a need for equipment, they rent it. Very dishonest, I got a bad feeling about the company, and did not go to work there.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty
Communication Break Down
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA, Eueka, CAJune 6, 2016
Penhall as a whole was great to work for! A lot of unique experiences and projects. Co-workers are normally great although management has it's downfalls. There seems to be no communication between divisions. It seems pretty greedy with no real corporate structure.
Pros
Unique challenges, Broad variety of job faces/types
Cons
Poor Communication, Lack of work/seasonal
Unorganized
Division Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 11, 2015
Was happy for the minute I was there. Hired me in March to turn around and lay me off in July. Very disappointed with the whole experience
Pros
Loved my manager
Cons
Didn't he try to keep me
Fast paced Construction Company
Field Operations Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJune 21, 2015
Daily interaction with division managers to forecast future needs in all related fields.

Learned that companies need to adapt to change as the environment changes. This change is needed and change management must be in place and accepted in order to suceed.
Pros
Pay is above to average in the economy
Cons
Not acceptable to change.
Great Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2015
A little old school when it comes to technology but they were a very good company to work for and I enjoyed the people tremendously.
Pros
800 pound gorilla in the concrete company
Cons
technology challenged
Flexibility and the people make the company
Digital Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I had great guidance, great people and a manageable time schedule. The co-workers were helpful and my work was recognized. I learned lots to prepare me for. The skills and the industry that the company opens up is pretty great.
penhall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
a typical day at work was data entry for payroll and certified payroll, entering information to get the guys paid. I learned a lot from that company, the management was great and co workers were easy to get along with helpful, the hardest part of the job was when things in payroll were messed up because the hard part was getting back up and running right and making sure the information was right. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new stuff and being part of a great team.
Terrible management with to much favoritism.
Estamator (Former Employee) –  EverwhereOctober 11, 2014
Left Company a couple of years ago with bad feelings of unfair treatment.Penhall was changing to a rental type of co.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful and Hypocritical Management
Great Corporate Structure
Office Manager / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 29, 2014
Penhall is a nationwide company so there is a policy & procedure in place for everything which left no confusion when employees needed direction.
A lot of work, great company with great benefits
Safety and Mentorship Training Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Company does not pay labor that much, compare to how much the laborer is supposed to do. Overall, the management is very good. Although training for managers is weak at best.
Pros
Good pay for managers
Cons
Tough work for labor and non managers with low pay
big buisness
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Towards the end of my time there the market took a dump and so did job opportunities there.
Great place to work and safly
Labor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 26, 2012
Working for Penhall was a great place to work. You do all types of cutting and braking for example ring saw, chain saw, flat saw, core drilling.
Pros
work a lot
Cons
not enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penhall Company. Our community is ready to answer.