Peninsula Community Health Services

Peninsula Community Health Services Employee Reviews

High stress place to work, but fun at times.
Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Bremerton, WashingtonSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, 9-5 five days a week, sick and vacation leave
Cons: poor leadership
Creating and implementing corporate imaging, business cards and letterhead, annual reports, typing letters to administrators, healthcare providers, and to customers. Assisting Human Resource Director, maintaining employee files and handbooks. Opening and delivering mail to providers and staff.

Some of the managers were highly unprofessional at times when dealing with staff who often found it difficult to work efficiently when they were around. I believe education and training in the ways of leading people would have been beneficial not only to those in charge, but for those who worked for them. Yelling in a person's face in front of others was a practice I observed more than once. While they were very good at networking and getting donations from sponsors for the organization, they were not employee friendly at all. I believe that these qualities are what led to a VERY HIGH turnover rate at that time, which is very costly to an organization.

My immediate supervisor was very professional and did everything in her power to assist and encourage me to succeed in my position.

In spite of my less than favorable opinion, I enjoyed working there because of the staff and their dedication to give the best possible healthcare to their patients.
Did all kinds of care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Soldotna, AKNovember 5, 2013
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: give shots to baby, hard for me.
Evaluate and treat patients within the scope of training, and capabilities as a health care professional
Be a patient advocate
Coordinate care with health care providers
Collect and document vital signs and history in the patient’s (EMR) medical record
Offer support and assistance to the provider
Comfortable place to work
Administrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Soldotna, AKOctober 13, 2012
Pros: working with personable employees
Cons: short lunch breaks
A very fast paced environment that kept you busy all day. The physician was very personable and informative. My coworkers always made me laugh throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was listening to the children cry when they got their immunizations. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was praised for workIng hard and getting the job done.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: vacation earn is more than any company of the same size. supervisors very flexible. family oriented.
Fun and Supportive Place to Work
Behavioral Health Support Staff (Former Employee), Soldotna, AKMay 30, 2012
I really enjoyed my employment at PCHS. It is an excellent company to work for. However, for it being in the health industry it had less than adequate health care coverage for its employees.