Peninsula Community Health Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good for those looking for a great opportunity
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 5, 2017
a great company to work for was laid off due to downsizing.
worked a great 2 years with the company and would work for them again if given the opportunity many friends made from job.
Excellent place to work
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMarch 23, 2017
The organization really does a lot to benefit the community. From sliding fee scale to offering medical, dental, and behavioral health services to outreach and partnerships in the community.
Overall the management is solid and working very hard to make improvements within the organization.
There are growth opportunities especially if you stay longer than six months.
Pros
Time off, great co-workers and professionals
Cons
Health benefits for dependents is pricey
High stress place to work, but fun at times.
Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WashingtonSeptember 19, 2014
Creating and implementing corporate imaging, business cards and letterhead, annual reports, typing letters to administrators, healthcare providers, and to customers. Assisting Human Resource Director, maintaining employee files and handbooks. Opening and delivering mail to providers and staff.

Some of the managers were highly unprofessional at times when dealing with staff who often found it difficult to work efficiently when they were around. I believe education and training in the ways of leading people would have been beneficial not only to those in charge, but for those who worked for them. Yelling in a person's face in front of others was a practice I observed more than once. While they were very good at networking and getting donations from sponsors for the organization, they were not employee friendly at all. I believe that these qualities are what led to a VERY HIGH turnover rate at that time, which is very costly to an organization.

My immediate supervisor was very professional and did everything in her power to assist and encourage me to succeed in my position.

In spite of my less than favorable opinion, I enjoyed working there because of the staff and their dedication to give the best possible healthcare to their patients.
Pros
Benefits, 9-5 five days a week, sick and vacation leave
Cons
Poor Leadership
Review
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 7, 2012
Fun workplace and challenging job with plenty of room to grow.
Pros
vacation earn is more than any company of the same size. supervisors very flexible. family oriented.
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Peninsula Community Health Services?

Ask a question