Peninsula Regional Health Systems

Peninsula Regional Health Systems United States Employee Reviews

Great place
Primary Unit Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 10, 2015
Excellent place to work especially for those who are new to the medical field. They have activities for the patients as well as the employees, their food is wonderful and i loved working on 5E
Terrible
Outpatient Technician (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: everything
Worst job I have ever had. They are always taking money from you, and treat you like a number.
productive
Catering Associate (Former Employee), salisbury, mdJanuary 16, 2015
Exhibit a friendly, caring attitude to patients while taking menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving trays.

Offer alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient wants or needs additional selections.

Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned units.

Assists dietitian with monitoring patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
Dynamic and cutting edge work enviorement
Director of Transitions of Care (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: autonomous
Cons: not enough funding
Was first hire as the Director of transitions of Care.
Composed and executive summary and reported the strenghts and shortcomings for the newly established department.

Reported to the hospitals VP's and followed up there recomendations.

Also developed the standard operating procedures for the department.
excellent part time job
Food Service (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDNovember 25, 2014
I have been with PRMC in the Junior Board Café for over a year now as a part time employee. This job is definitely a great job. Excellent coworker and management team!
Good place to get familiar with your job
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: hours of work
Cons: management caring about numbers instead of you
My typical day at my job is simple. I get to work at 7pm and work until 7am. I monitor patient's heart rhythms for arrhythmias. I input patient's into the philip's monitor and discharge them. I fax all arrhythmias to the floor nurses and keep them informed of all changes in the rhythms. I have learned how to read cardiac rhythms and ekgs. Also, I have learned patient care technician skills too. Unfortunately, management is more concerned with numbers than how he or she is treating their employees. My co-workers are very dedicated and great to work with. They have become part of my family. The hardest part of my job is dealing with management and their lack of caring on how to staff their floors. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of patients and helping my co-workers.
Pacient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: always busy and patient turn around
Cons: sometime there just wasn't enough time in a shift to do all that needed to be done
I was responsible for all IV insertions and removal. I also did all diabetic testing and dressing changes since I worked on the Orthopedic floor. I also assisted where needed when time allowed.
Wonderful career experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: all aspects of the company.
Would recommend employment to others. Being a new graduate from LPN to RN, the transition was positive and successful due to the opportunities afforded me, by PRMC.
It was productive but not all things got done. Teamwork was an issue.
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 28, 2014
Atypical day at work for me wasn't fun I didn't like the job i was doing . I did it because i had too. The coworkers were the worst part of the job. They had bad attitudes and no one wants to work around that. The younger co workers were nice. They got the job done and they wanted to work. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to conversate with the younger coworkers. They were easygoing and understanding. The older coworkers were very childish and out of order. The hardest part of the job was being around the older coworkers and having to work in the pizza/salad bar area.
Learned alot about the rigors of healthcare
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 19, 2014
Peninsula Regional has a busy reputation to keep everyone healthy and making sure you received the best optimal care. However the nurses at the time and I'm sure as well as now also are overworked, stressed, and not paid enough for this busy Trauma 1 hospital and with the expansion over the years it could pay more but that the type of economy we live in. All in all I met some great nurses and they inspired me to want to be more in my life. I guess you have to take the good with the bad if you really care about people and not just a check.
Wonderful surgeons and great team members
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 5, 2014
The operating room has captivated me since the moment I first observed a surgical procedure. I enjoy the daily challenges of complex surgical procedures and the continuous medical and technological advancements in medicine. I would like to expand my knowledge base and see what other medical facilities have to offer.
Productive and fun workplace. Friendly atmosphere
Console Operator (Current Employee), Salisbury, MarylandJuly 11, 2014
I Love interacting with people. I like the people I work with. My supervisor is fantastic, but I feel there is no place for advancement for me now. I really would like to move out the area to further myself for my teenage daughter. I think a change would help us both in the coming years.
Awful Place to Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), salisbury mdMay 13, 2014
Cons: benifits are awful, no team work, bullying
It is awful to work in the in patient phlebotomy. The "lead" tech is a bully, she does less work then everyone combined and will bully everyone. Very Very catty down there. Its a stressful place to work. The lab director plays favorites and has no sense of who truly works hard. I would never work there again.
Good Place to start career
Medical technology student (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 13, 2014
A hospital where you can stay for success. I would recommend for long term commitment.
prmcis a good hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 19, 2014
i really like working here. it is not to busy and clean. i learned more about ekgs. my coworkers are great.
Patient Service Rep.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 4, 2014
This was good. I enjoyed working with the public. I worked day shift.
excellent work place with advancement opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 19, 2013
very new employees friendly place of work, great supervisors and coworkers!
Not a great fit if your looking for job security.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Salisbury, MarylandOctober 17, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management and hr are ruthless
Just heard of the major job layoffs with this hospital. The way it was handled was shady at best. They seemed to pick family and friends over some amazing workers. The heart of this place are the employees. I would really do your homework before working at this hospital. Loved my coworkers in the Cancer center and respected the Radiation Oncologist. I WOULD NOT recommend working under the Director of the Cancer Center.
Great co-workers; management needs inprovement.
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 9, 2013
Patient-focused care is given, but employees are not appreciated by administration.
Loved volunteering here
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 7, 2013
Pros: volunteer hours, social skills development
Everybody was nice, I enjoyed being around all the interesting activity, enjoyed feeling like i had a purpose being there.

1 2 3