Peninsula Regional Health Systems Employee Reviews

very interseting place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 16, 2017
a place to advance your skills if your a cna.. the nurses are always willing to help each other.can be overwhelming at times.. but there is always teamwork. my most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients.. that is what is what makes my day.
Great place to work...very supportive to family and cummunity. Great benefits!
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 10, 2017
One of the top organizations in area. Would have spent my whole career here if we had not relocated! Great benefits! Good atmosphere to work in! Laboratory staff highly educated and supported.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
It is in Maryland...highly regulated!
Wonderful Multidisciplinary Teams
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 2, 2017
The staff at PRMC is very caring for their patients, and they are very easy to work with. Communication with one another is beyond proficient. As an intern, this health care system has built me knowledge as a future social work in a clinical setting.
great hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 22, 2017
Great hospital - but management is very tough on its employees as they must review negatively for improvement of services. There is much pressure to keep costs down which affects the patient/ ratio.
Pros
great people
Cons
harsh reviews
Balance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 14, 2017
It pays good and great opportunity for overtime. it would be great if the management team you work under is A1 but that is not always the guarantee. Work for yourself and lookout for no one because no one is looking out for you.
Registered Nurse
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoy working for Peninsula Regional Medical Center , I am looking to obtain Nicu Experience that this hospital currently does not offer. Besides this factor the work culture is wonder and they care about their staff.
Cons
Small Raises
productive work place where everyone is ready to teach you something new
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 25, 2017
Everyday when you work in your job everyone welcomes you back to work, if a surgery takes long than expected there's always a new team that is ready to jump in and help.
Ok work environment
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  100 East Carroll StreetJanuary 19, 2017
The hospital does not treat their workers properly and they instill the fear of always losing your job to workers. The kitchen is the worst area to work in because the woman in charge is very rude!
Great place to start a career and growth with in the company
Radiologist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Pleasant atmosphere, great teams and co workers. Elevation within the workplace and chance to move up the corporate ladder
Not my first hospital of choice. Did clinicals at this hospital - was ok.
RN Staff Nurse - NICU (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 3, 2017
PRMC was not my first hospital of choice. I did my clinical rotations at this hospital and was my deciding factor on not really want to work in this facility. I think they have a good heart program but other floors need improving.
Great place to work. Very friendly employees, although we are always short staffed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 2, 2017
I have gained a lot of experience during my time at PRMC. Working here has helped me with my future in Nursing. I work in the Mobile Unit so I go every where in the hospital to assist. It is great for someone like me who is still uncertain as to what field I would like to be in as a nurse.
Prmc
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 1, 2017
Great place to work. The managers and leaders value their employees. If you want to develop personally and professionally this is a great place to work.
Okay place
Patient Portal Concierge (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 29, 2016
It's an okay place to work for. Nursing Department works very well together to handle the needs of the patient. The food in the cafe is not bad. Prices could be a little bit cheaper.
great lab staff and does everything right
Medical technologist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2016
great lab with a very knowledgeable staff. Is up to date on all technology and instrumentation. Smart lab management and a great place to start your career.
Pros
friendly lab staff
Cons
bad food in cafeteria
A day, something new to learn
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 12, 2016
As an admitting officer in a non-clinical job, there is always something new to learn. Weather it's about a level of care or type of treatment needed for a patient. For the job that I serve it's my job to make sure that those patients get the correct level of care they need to receive. Communicating to the nurses on the floor what is wrong with the patient and why they need this level of care, with the help of fellow nurses within the hospital it makes my job that much more helpful.
it was fun working there, people are friendly and cooperative.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 17, 2016
I had to resign from work as we were relocating to a bigger city - Dallas, Texas, - in connection with my wife's job. The hospital I worked (PRMC) was nice as a whole including benefits, etc; Though it was a small city the people are friendly, well behave, and so on.
But we wanted to move to a bigger city for the better future of our children.
Pros
Frequently we had free lunch or snacks offered by medicine suppliers.
Cons
short staffing was a problem there.
I enjoyed working at Prmc
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 9, 2016
Good company to work for I have been there for 8 years this time and also work there for 4 1/2 years right out of high school working night shift. Everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Short breaks
Bigoted
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 15, 2016
Can be a great place, however upper management is comprised of a bunch of lying and evil racists. People have sued, only to have potential witnesses intimidated into silence. And political power
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Dishonest management
Run....don't waste your time!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 13, 2016
After having worked at PRMC for many years... I recently left. They have total disregard and disrespect for their nurses. The last 2 years it had become intolerable. Their nurse retention rate is awful. It is rare to find a staff nurse that has been there more than 2 years. They work you consistently short...putting your license on the line...yet hold you responsible for all the management short comings. So sad...all the nurses are miserable. Such horrible management...I recommend you run in the other direction!!!!!!!!
Depended on who you worked with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 31, 2016
I worked PRMC for years. The floor I started on was racist (night shift) and worked me hard.The night shift nurses were no help.They just sat and ate and talked.The travelers and float nurses were the easiest to get along with and would help me.Sometimes I struggled with patients by myself, not to bother the nurses so they would not make a smart comment. I could have reported them a number of times, but i didn't. Once we went to our new floor, things got better. After begging and begging, I finally got some help.It seemed to me that all management was concerned about was having enough nurses on the floor, didn't care about the assistants. I felt like walking out a many of times, but I needed the job.I learned a lot at PRMC and I do appreciate that. Dealing with different people and different cultures gave me a whole new outlook on life and myself.I learned a lot of nursing skills. My patients were my main concern.The hardest part of the job was dealing with death, which i soon overcame.The most enjoyable parts were making the patients feel better and after moving to the new floor, chatting with the nurses( new ones) and my co-workers.Management never came around unless they had got a rumor that something was going to happen(strike) lot of co-workers did not even know who administration was, for they never saw them.On and on it was great experience that I will always remember.
Pros
Good learning skills, Could always get overtime
Cons
Not enough pay for all that had to be done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Regional Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Peninsula Regional Health Systems Reviews by Location