Penmac Employee Reviews

Unreliable
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 7, 2016
Poorly managed, unreliable, the work is hard the pay is low and the people are quiet irritable. Over all not a good place to work.
Very positive place to work
RotoMold (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was that you stay busy and learn to measure the powder right. You also learn to use power and hand tools a long with packing the finished product right. Management was easy to talk to and would answer any questions that you have and the co-workers was always helping one another. I do not think there was any thing hard about this job. But the most enjoyable part about this job was the friends that you make.
Pros
All the learning that you do
Cons
The shift goes by so fast
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Service Company
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOJanuary 6, 2016
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Company, I have no complaints. They gave Me a job, almost right after getting hired on. I was there, till I had to move back to St. Louis, Mo.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MODecember 29, 2015
This was my first job after high school. This job allowed for me to develop computer and organizational skills that I would use for my later college studies.
Enjoied working at NSE
Production Temp (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 15, 2015
I worked at New Stream through a staffing company called PenMac. I loved the job and was sad to be laid off. I learned so much with it being my first factory/ production experience
Hard Work, Fun Work, and Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VANovember 5, 2015
I arrive at work and there's a security guard inside waiting to view my credentials. A plus in my book! The management arrives at the desk and shows me everything time card, work orders, work area, lunch area the works. There are lots of employees, so accountability is important. When I went to my work area I sign in once again and then I begin work. On my own as a temporary is a little daunting but I manage just fine.

Breaks are nice indoors and outdoors. Sometimes the company offers ice cream. You have to be back on time though.

The co workers are nice. Conversations are made during our time breaks and lunches.

Time to go I clock and sign out and leave. Now that's a decent job.!!
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Limited Bus Service
Hose Fabricator (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Good place to work to get more experience. Very kind people who are very helpful. They work well with employees to get the best possible outcome in every case.
Penmac is a wonderful temporary service. I would recommend it to anyone.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOAugust 13, 2015
Penmac found a wonderful position for me. I loved the atmosphere. The phones were busy, but the customers were great! The management at the job I was placed at had excellent management and a good training system. My co-workers were polite and friendly. The hardest part of my job was that I didn't get any breaks from the phone which sometimes I needed to re-energize and go back refreshed. But I adapted to the situation and compensated with breathing exercises which helped to refresh vibrancy and the quality of my work. The most enjoyable experience was to learn my job thoroughly and become familiar with the employees and their positions.
Temp agency Good to work with
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 26, 2015
Penmac is a good temp agency. They will find a job for you that suits your needs and requirements. Easy to get ahold of and responds to inquires in a timely manner.
warhouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2015
Just your average temp agency I worked at one place before I was hired on by the company I was working for and became an employee.
Where dreams go to die.
tier III machine operator (sheeter) (Current Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KAJune 3, 2015
simple job. Lots of overtime. Good health care and benefits. But BAGCRAFT PaperCon is a rough place to work for. Forced to work many weekends in a row so it may be 19 days before you get a day off To recoup. They preach safety but expect results that Barr you from truly being safe.
Pros
Good pay, if your a tier iii operator
Cons
terrible work environment
Great Company.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 16, 2015
Overall the company is a possitive workplace. They carefully place employees in suitable jobs.

They keep in contact with the jobsite and the employees.
Pros
friendly managers who treat everybody with respect.
Cons
hard to get them to allow garnishments if you make less thsn 213.00 a week.
Typical day at Burger's
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Eldon, MOMarch 10, 2015
I would process cooked meat products for packaging which included weighing, labeling products after they were sealed in packages.
Jobs vary depending on where you are placed.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoMarch 10, 2015
The jobs vary from basic physical labor such as opening and stacking boxes to technical jobs including circuit board installation.
Pros
easy to find work
Cons
very hard to get a good full time job, most are show up and wait to see if you can work that day
GOOD WHEN THERE IS WORK
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOFebruary 12, 2015
CHECK IN EVERY WEEK.LET THEM KNOW I AM AVAILABLE FOR WORK.WHEN THERE IS ITS GOOD.MOSTLY THERE HAVE BEEN LONG LULLS BETWEEN.YOU GET PAID EVERY WEEK.TURN IN SLIP.PAID NEXT WEEK.
Pros
big help, when work
Cons
not enough to pay bills lately
good hours
cherry picker (Former Employee) –  lee summit, moJanuary 24, 2015
learned new experiences within the warehouse, flexible hours, great people
nice place to work and really nice coworkers
Hose Fabricator (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MODecember 2, 2014
A typical day at Caterpillar while I was employed by Penmac would be start work at 7 we would have a team meeting every morning telling us how our entertainment was and how our production was the previous day. While I worked there I learned how to get things done fast but very still get our numbers done when needed. I learned that no job is a single person job you never worry about yourself, putting others safety and well being in front of trying to get things done fast just to get home. My co-workers were friendly to me and showed me the ropes around the place as soon as I started I couldn't of asked for better co-workers I was around them more than my fiancée and son I considered them all family. The hardest part of the job was when you have to fix the machine or printer by yourself because we are supposed to learn how to do things by ourselves for just in case our crew leader is busy. I enjoyed earning things in our company I got the award leader of the pack 3 out of the 6 months I worked for Caterpillar and I also enjoyed earning my certificates. I earned my fork lift license, crane operator.
Pros
free coffee, lunch ins on thursdays
Cons
short breaks, no insurance
good place to work
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Harrison ArkansasOctober 5, 2014
enjoyed the job lots of good people to work so much fun just a good place to work
“WE PLACE PEOPLE FIRST” LOL, seriously, LOL
Temp Drone (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pimpmac places the companies that it gets paid by, first, last, and always.
Pros
hey, it's only temporary work. (thank god!)
Cons
only if you drink the pimpmac kool-aid.
Productive work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAAugust 20, 2014
Productive work.....steady income. Has its ups and downs just like all jobs.
Pros
long breaks