Penmac Employee Reviews

Not the best choice if you have a mental disability
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJanuary 8, 2017
I've had only one good job with penmac, but sadly my disability started getting worse so working for local factories don't work out. We'll long story short because of my inability to stay on the jobs they send me to I'm no longer able to be hired through them until I can get this have six months of continuous employment which is going to be hard for someone like me.

So if you have good mental health your in good hands if not you may be treated poorly.
Pros
Good in contacting clients
Fun place to work
Office Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoNovember 9, 2016
Working here is great. You are sent on different assignments to different offices, where ever you are needed to fill in. Never boring, meeting new and different people thoughout the year.
Pros
Knowing you have a job and getting paid
Cons
Some employees have a bad attitude
Why small towns are bad
Grunt (Former Employee) –  missouriFebruary 13, 2017
Its a shame that you have no choice for employment when you live in a rural area - They control the whole market - Too bad its not possible to give them zeros - Especially for their rude management staff
Pros
Cons
Everything about hem
Productive workplace helpful managerial staff
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Lamar, MODecember 9, 2016
Everyone I worked with was nice. I enjoyed working with this company. It was fun. It's a temp agency. I really liked working for them. I would do it again.
Pros
You get a job
Cons
Not always good working conditions
Productive workplace
Jones Apparel (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAAugust 17, 2016
Jones Apparel is a clothing warehouse where orders of pants are picked, packed up in little plastic bags and also make sure that the prices are correct before being shipped out to stores. I've worked in the conversion department, the picking department, and vas department.
Pros
Great business
Cons
Short breaks
Good Peeps and Wonderful Help
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MONovember 15, 2016
A place where they recruit new workers, help people who is in need of a job, and can find you a job pretty fast, this is my experience with Penmac
Pros
Awesome Good People
Cons
Less Pay
Substitute Teacher
Teacher Substitute (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, MODecember 30, 2016
Penmac is a wonderful way to get back into the work force. I feel that they are very kind, patient, understanding and willing to make you become a success.
Good
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 12, 2017
It has been a very pleasant expierence working here. I am looking for something else because a lot of employers continue to have you come to work and then send you home.
its a temp agency
any job (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 25, 2016
they help you try to find the right job for you to beable to work for a good long time.
they also help previed a ride for you to get to the job they helped you find.
Roughneck Work
Production Specialist / Lead Glass Cutter (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 7, 2016
I would break glass by hand all day in my department. I gained a stronger work ethic and found new leadership skills. As the management gained confidence they let me take control of the whole department. My co-workers never seemed engaged which made a job that is easy to me extremely difficult. The cutting line at Dillmier is an incredibly physical job. When an employee would stick with me and stay engaged the job was very enjoyable. That did not happen enough.
Pros
Physical job that can keep you healthy.
Cons
Too many chiefs.
Work was not constant and a lot of standing doing nothing
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2016
Come in load truck with materials we would possibly need through out the shift and wait for job assignments!! The job was dangerous and under paid! They were not real big on safety!
Professonal? HAHAHAHAHA ummmm NOOO
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOApril 19, 2016
Would be nce if they would pay more when you work on 2nd or 3rd shft. getting payed $8.00 a hour at night does not really compensate for the lost time with family . the pay at most emplyment services pay much higher and is always confirming that your pleased with the job..Penmac in nixa doesn't and very unprofessional in my opinion. ive worked in these types of offices before myself n the past in florida and i could take the head persons job easily and preform it better then it is now
Pros
Nothingis free
Cons
this company at lest this location is pathetic
Penmac is a great company to get your foot in the door.
Senior Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  MOJune 22, 2016
You never know what to expect when you are sent on an assignment. Always exciting because your are meeting new clients and their employees and building professional and personal relationships with them all.
Great place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MOMay 16, 2016
Penmac is a temp. agency. I have learned some new job skills and met some great people. I enjoyed everything as a receptionist. I took orders from customers and processed them. Answered emails from customers. Sent customers receipts for their purchases. I also used the copier, faxed, and scanned.
Great place to get temporary employment.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2016
For the couple years I was there, I had several assignments. They were suited to my abilities and varied in tasks and locations. If I find that temporary work would suit my needs, this is where I would go again for that type of work.
Pros
Varied jobs
Cons
Not a stable, long-term paycheck.
great job constantly busy
Spot Welder (Current Employee) –  Houston, MOJuly 7, 2016
great job they provide plenty of training. I'vw worked there for a little over a month and its easy to pick up on the job. just watch where you place your fingers.
Very positive place to work
RotoMold (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was that you stay busy and learn to measure the powder right. You also learn to use power and hand tools a long with packing the finished product right. Management was easy to talk to and would answer any questions that you have and the co-workers was always helping one another. I do not think there was any thing hard about this job. But the most enjoyable part about this job was the friends that you make.
Pros
All the learning that you do
Cons
The shift goes by so fast
Hard Work, Fun Work, and Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VANovember 5, 2015
I arrive at work and there's a security guard inside waiting to view my credentials. A plus in my book! The management arrives at the desk and shows me everything time card, work orders, work area, lunch area the works. There are lots of employees, so accountability is important. When I went to my work area I sign in once again and then I begin work. On my own as a temporary is a little daunting but I manage just fine.

Breaks are nice indoors and outdoors. Sometimes the company offers ice cream. You have to be back on time though.

The co workers are nice. Conversations are made during our time breaks and lunches.

Time to go I clock and sign out and leave. Now that's a decent job.!!
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Limited Bus Service
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Service Company
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOJanuary 6, 2016
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Company, I have no complaints. They gave Me a job, almost right after getting hired on. I was there, till I had to move back to St. Louis, Mo.
Penmac is a wonderful temporary service. I would recommend it to anyone.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOAugust 13, 2015
Penmac found a wonderful position for me. I loved the atmosphere. The phones were busy, but the customers were great! The management at the job I was placed at had excellent management and a good training system. My co-workers were polite and friendly. The hardest part of my job was that I didn't get any breaks from the phone which sometimes I needed to re-energize and go back refreshed. But I adapted to the situation and compensated with breathing exercises which helped to refresh vibrancy and the quality of my work. The most enjoyable experience was to learn my job thoroughly and become familiar with the employees and their positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penmac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9