Penmac Employee Reviews in United States

Penmac is a great company to get your foot in the door.
Senior Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  MOJune 22, 2016
You never know what to expect when you are sent on an assignment. Always exciting because your are meeting new clients and their employees and building professional and personal relationships with them all.
Roughneck Work
Production Specialist / Lead Glass Cutter (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 7, 2016
I would break glass by hand all day in my department. I gained a stronger work ethic and found new leadership skills. As the management gained confidence they let me take control of the whole department. My co-workers never seemed engaged which made a job that is easy to me extremely difficult. The cutting line at Dillmier is an incredibly physical job. When an employee would stick with me and stay engaged the job was very enjoyable. That did not happen enough.
Pros
Physical job that can keep you healthy.
Cons
Too many chiefs.
Great place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MOMay 16, 2016
Penmac is a temp. agency. I have learned some new job skills and met some great people. I enjoyed everything as a receptionist. I took orders from customers and processed them. Answered emails from customers. Sent customers receipts for their purchases. I also used the copier, faxed, and scanned.
Great place to get temporary employment.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2016
For the couple years I was there, I had several assignments. They were suited to my abilities and varied in tasks and locations. If I find that temporary work would suit my needs, this is where I would go again for that type of work.
Pros
Varied jobs
Cons
Not a stable, long-term paycheck.
Professonal? HAHAHAHAHA ummmm NOOO
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOApril 19, 2016
Would be nce if they would pay more when you work on 2nd or 3rd shft. getting payed $8.00 a hour at night does not really compensate for the lost time with family . the pay at most emplyment services pay much higher and is always confirming that your pleased with the job..Penmac in nixa doesn't and very unprofessional in my opinion. ive worked in these types of offices before myself n the past in florida and i could take the head persons job easily and preform it better then it is now
Pros
Nothingis free
Cons
this company at lest this location is pathetic
general labor
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2016
Go to the company that is looking for temp help and do what they need you to do. Work some short shifts. I was on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Unreliable
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 7, 2016
Poorly managed, unreliable, the work is hard the pay is low and the people are quiet irritable. Over all not a good place to work.
Very positive place to work
RotoMold (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was that you stay busy and learn to measure the powder right. You also learn to use power and hand tools a long with packing the finished product right. Management was easy to talk to and would answer any questions that you have and the co-workers was always helping one another. I do not think there was any thing hard about this job. But the most enjoyable part about this job was the friends that you make.
Pros
All the learning that you do
Cons
The shift goes by so fast
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Service Company
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOJanuary 6, 2016
It's a decent enough Temp. Employment Company, I have no complaints. They gave Me a job, almost right after getting hired on. I was there, till I had to move back to St. Louis, Mo.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MODecember 29, 2015
This was my first job after high school. This job allowed for me to develop computer and organizational skills that I would use for my later college studies.
Enjoied working at NSE
Production Temp (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 15, 2015
I worked at New Stream through a staffing company called PenMac. I loved the job and was sad to be laid off. I learned so much with it being my first factory/ production experience
Hard Work, Fun Work, and Productive and Enjoyable Environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VANovember 5, 2015
I arrive at work and there's a security guard inside waiting to view my credentials. A plus in my book! The management arrives at the desk and shows me everything time card, work orders, work area, lunch area the works. There are lots of employees, so accountability is important. When I went to my work area I sign in once again and then I begin work. On my own as a temporary is a little daunting but I manage just fine.

Breaks are nice indoors and outdoors. Sometimes the company offers ice cream. You have to be back on time though.

The co workers are nice. Conversations are made during our time breaks and lunches.

Time to go I clock and sign out and leave. Now that's a decent job.!!
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Limited Bus Service
Hose Fabricator (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Good place to work to get more experience. Very kind people who are very helpful. They work well with employees to get the best possible outcome in every case.
Penmac is a wonderful temporary service. I would recommend it to anyone.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOAugust 13, 2015
Penmac found a wonderful position for me. I loved the atmosphere. The phones were busy, but the customers were great! The management at the job I was placed at had excellent management and a good training system. My co-workers were polite and friendly. The hardest part of my job was that I didn't get any breaks from the phone which sometimes I needed to re-energize and go back refreshed. But I adapted to the situation and compensated with breathing exercises which helped to refresh vibrancy and the quality of my work. The most enjoyable experience was to learn my job thoroughly and become familiar with the employees and their positions.
Temp agency Good to work with
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 26, 2015
Penmac is a good temp agency. They will find a job for you that suits your needs and requirements. Easy to get ahold of and responds to inquires in a timely manner.
warhouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2015
Just your average temp agency I worked at one place before I was hired on by the company I was working for and became an employee.
Where dreams go to die.
tier III machine operator (sheeter) (Current Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KAJune 3, 2015
simple job. Lots of overtime. Good health care and benefits. But BAGCRAFT PaperCon is a rough place to work for. Forced to work many weekends in a row so it may be 19 days before you get a day off To recoup. They preach safety but expect results that Barr you from truly being safe.
Pros
Good pay, if your a tier iii operator
Cons
terrible work environment
Great Company.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 16, 2015
Overall the company is a possitive workplace. They carefully place employees in suitable jobs.

They keep in contact with the jobsite and the employees.
Pros
friendly managers who treat everybody with respect.
Cons
hard to get them to allow garnishments if you make less thsn 213.00 a week.
Typical day at Burger's
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Eldon, MOMarch 10, 2015
I would process cooked meat products for packaging which included weighing, labeling products after they were sealed in packages.
Jobs vary depending on where you are placed.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoMarch 10, 2015
The jobs vary from basic physical labor such as opening and stacking boxes to technical jobs including circuit board installation.
Pros
easy to find work
Cons
very hard to get a good full time job, most are show up and wait to see if you can work that day

2.9