Penn Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

Downfalls of a family company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This could be a great place to work. Unfortunately, it has too many problems at the management level. First, it is a family company. Everyone who is related to the owner/CEO has great jobs and high pay. Those who are not related do a lot of the hard work and take most of the blame for shortcomings. There is no chance for advancement unless you're related.

That said, there are some great people who work there, but they are rarely allowed to shine. Management doesn't have the patience to see projects through and are quick to make changes on a whim.

The owner/CEO cares about his community and does a lot for charitable causes.
Pros
Christmas giveaways, catered lunches
Cons
Micromanagement, nepotism, no follow-through
Fine
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 29, 2016
The work for collections is really difficult to do and you have to understand there will always be a certain level of stress. My managers did everything they could to make work feel like home, and my coworkers were the best friends I could have had in the last year. I will miss my job and miss the people I work for
challenging
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PAAugust 11, 2015
I feel as though this job was all about discipline. The reason being is because you have to have the mindset to deal with peoples horrible attitudes over the phone. Management was very helpful when it came to certain calls you couldn't handle. Its a family owned business but, they make all employees feel at home. Its also good for parents because you get to work your own hours just as long as your getting in that 40 hours a week.
Pros
pay, free lunches from time to time, play games to keep interested in work
Cons
very challenging
Very convenient, but little chance of advancement.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 5, 2013
Penn Credit has "flexible scheduling," which makes it very convenient for someone who has children, such as myself. As long as I get in 40 hours per week, I can work my "own" hours, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Overall, management is helpful, but not consistent, and being that this is a family-owned company, there is very little chance of advancement for a regular debt collector.
in and outbound phone calls, very fast pace, colecting balances for various clients
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  harrisburg, paAugust 7, 2015
the atmosphere was inviting. I got along with the supervisors. The job help me get experience with costumer service and debt collection work
Very stressful
DEBT COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2013
If you like stress go for this position. They require a minimum collection of bills of $7500.00, the legal laws you have to learn in a short period is a bit hard.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irate customers, low wages
Collections is not all that bad
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 24, 2013
Being able to call and assist people with their debt, helping them manage their accounts provided a different more positive outlook on collections.
Pros
Paid commission
Cons
work schedule not fixed
collections
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 24, 2013
taking harsh inbound calls that people refuse to pay after receiving their benefits.
Pros
monetary bonus
Cons
harsh calls
great place to work
Professional Loop Collector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 8, 2012
data entry customer service managers were understanding co workers were great to get along with
Debt Collector/Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 6, 2013
I really dont have much to say about working here....it was a place to earn decent pay and make a commission also.
poor
DEBT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 30, 2013
lacked much of everything
wasn't a pleasant place
not professional at all
more like a social lmeeting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn Credit Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8