Penn Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

Penn credit
Debt Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
It was a great place to learn how to be a debt collector it wasn't for me I wasn't very good at getting people to pay but the managers are great and the environment is great just have to be good with escalated calls
Pros
1 hour lunch
stressful , no room for advancement unless your family
medical billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
This company would be a great place to work if you are family. The company does not care about its employees at all and hates to give you your raise when your due for one. In other words stay clear of this micro managed coporation unless your family . They will expect you to do a ton of work for little to no pay. However , if you love to see your ceo of the company pull up to your job in his lovely helicopter while your still waiting on your raise since you started this may be the job for you.
Cons
management, pay, unprofessional
This is a horrible work place
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 18, 2017
This is a horrible place to work for run they believe things don’t happen in life they tell you that you can ask for help and when u do they look at you crazy or the boss say something smart because you don’t wanna holler across the production floor the boss is very rude and don’t know how to talk to people
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treated badly
just ok
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2017
I gained collection experience. I was able to become certified in Arizona. When I was able to bonus it brought my hourly wage up . I enjoy customer service.
Downfalls of a family company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This could be a great place to work. Unfortunately, it has too many problems at the management level. First, it is a family company. Everyone who is related to the owner/CEO has great jobs and high pay. Those who are not related do a lot of the hard work and take most of the blame for shortcomings. There is no chance for advancement unless you're related.

That said, there are some great people who work there, but they are rarely allowed to shine. Management doesn't have the patience to see projects through and are quick to make changes on a whim.

The owner/CEO cares about his community and does a lot for charitable causes.
Pros
Christmas giveaways, catered lunches
Cons
Micromanagement, nepotism, no follow-through
It's a job but it has it's perks
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 31, 2016
I worked for Penn Credit Corporation for 2 years and had no collection experience whatsoever. They were very supportive and did their best at making sure everyone was successful because collections is all a numbers game. The more money you rake in, the more management likes you.

The biggest perk of this job was it's flex scheduling. As long as you got your 40 hours every week, you could pretty much come and leave whenever you wanted.

The job itself does require thick skin and the mental ability to handle people's nasty attitudes over the phone.

The management does seem to play favourites and being that they employ mainly young single moms, office drama is common. Arguments and even physical altercations are not unheard of. The place can be a zoo at times but as long as you are making money, nobody really cares about what you do or who you are.

I voluntarily quit due to moving out of state but they never wanted to hire me back upon coming back to the area for some reason.

It was a decent stable job despite the craziness but definitely not a career path since it is a small family owned business. Mainly a place to come and make some good money for a few years and then leave for bigger better things.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
drama, inconsistent management, favouritism
Fine
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 29, 2016
The work for collections is really difficult to do and you have to understand there will always be a certain level of stress. My managers did everything they could to make work feel like home, and my coworkers were the best friends I could have had in the last year. I will miss my job and miss the people I work for
challenging
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PAAugust 11, 2015
I feel as though this job was all about discipline. The reason being is because you have to have the mindset to deal with peoples horrible attitudes over the phone. Management was very helpful when it came to certain calls you couldn't handle. Its a family owned business but, they make all employees feel at home. Its also good for parents because you get to work your own hours just as long as your getting in that 40 hours a week.
Pros
pay, free lunches from time to time, play games to keep interested in work
Cons
very challenging
in and outbound phone calls, very fast pace, colecting balances for various clients
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  harrisburg, paAugust 7, 2015
the atmosphere was inviting. I got along with the supervisors. The job help me get experience with costumer service and debt collection work
Very convenient, but little chance of advancement.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 5, 2013
Penn Credit has "flexible scheduling," which makes it very convenient for someone who has children, such as myself. As long as I get in 40 hours per week, I can work my "own" hours, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Overall, management is helpful, but not consistent, and being that this is a family-owned company, there is very little chance of advancement for a regular debt collector.
Collections is not all that bad
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 24, 2013
Being able to call and assist people with their debt, helping them manage their accounts provided a different more positive outlook on collections.
Pros
Paid commission
Cons
work schedule not fixed
Very stressful
DEBT COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2013
If you like stress go for this position. They require a minimum collection of bills of $7500.00, the legal laws you have to learn in a short period is a bit hard.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irate customers, low wages
poor
DEBT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 30, 2013
lacked much of everything
wasn't a pleasant place
not professional at all
more like a social lmeeting
collections
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 24, 2013
taking harsh inbound calls that people refuse to pay after receiving their benefits.
Pros
monetary bonus
Cons
harsh calls
Debt Collector/Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 6, 2013
I really dont have much to say about working here....it was a place to earn decent pay and make a commission also.
great place to work
Professional Loop Collector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 8, 2012
data entry customer service managers were understanding co workers were great to get along with