Penn Global Marketing Employee Reviews

Fellow associates have a great sense of humor. Fun to work with.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MdJuly 18, 2017
Workplace is not high stress. You are given excellent training
to make the most out of your opportunity. You decide what you
want to make of it. And your clients will always thank you
sincerely for the assistance and products you provided..
Pros
Freedom to make your own schedule
August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a powerful perspective. You managed to frame our opportunity in a special way.

Well Trained
Having fun
Helping people
Thankful clients

Take ownership in your career.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 25, 2017
Just as is our lives, you get what you put in. You reep what you sow.
Penn Global Marketing offers a system to follow, training to help you become successful and leaders to hold you accountable. We serve our clients with integrity and an exclusive product portfolio. Every day is different and the people we meet in the field are amazing. Penn Global Marketing has become my family and on the occasions that we are all together its like a reunion. I have enjoyed much success because of a lot of hard work and mentors to guide me.
Pros
Unlimited financial upside potential, service to our community, residual income, spiritual and emotional development, mentor ship, rewards trips and incentives, family and the list goes on.
Cons
You reep what you sow.
April 26, 2017

Your words are so meaningful and reflective of what so many of our people have voiced. Thank you. Success is not easy, but with the right balance the journey is the reward.

This is the most flexible position I've ever had.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 24, 2017
The work/family life is the best of any job occupation out there. You literally make your own hours and schedule, That said, you have plenty of time to spend with you family or yourself, if that's the case.
Pros
Work hours and schedule flexibility.
Cons
You're at a 100 percent commission pay scale.
April 25, 2017

Thank you for your post. We agree that being fully in control of one's time and income are critical components of success. People have to make good decisions and find balance and goals should always include one's family. Please reach out to us at support@pennglobal.biz so we can learn what we could do to earn a 5th star.

Was a great company but they sold so now, not sure
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Highly recommend anyone with sales experience, seeking a career in sales to pursue a career in insurance. Commission only position so one needs to plan.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Government regulations/ Commission only
April 3, 2017

Thank you for your review. Yes, the financial service industry is very rewarding for people and a great career path.

The only sale we are familiar with is when Penn Global Marketing was given the opportunity to spin off from Universal American on Jan 1, 2012. We are thrilled to say the ensuing results have been spectacular.

Great Company with Great Team members and Great Opportunities
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 13, 2017
For Those individuals that want to be in business for themselves but are scared to be BY yourself, this is the company for you. There is years of experience here across the company and everyone is happy to help you build your company and grow your company. Great training from the start allows you to get good at presenting and writing business. PGM strives to take care of everyone and make sure everyone is successful. The greatest part of this business and this company is the continued success that keeps building day after day. You receive Renewal commission!! So when the client continues to pay YOU get paid. YEAR AFTER YEAR. You represent the top companies in the industry with the products that will set you apart from the competition. When you are with PGM, they have a great support system. Your responsibility (not job) is to go out and build relationships with people and PGM takes care of all the back behind the scene things. I say its not a job because I never go out to the field with the mindset that its a job, I love what i do and enjoy everyday that i get to go visit clients. When your book of business grows every year and you continue to build relationships, your paychecks go up year after year. I wish i would have joined PGM earlier in my career!
Pros
Great company, Great leaders, Great opportunites
Cons
you must get licensed, you must be willing to work hard
March 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. Yes, great training from the start is the cornerstone of one's success. All of our people are recruited by a manager who is involved in that person's career. We believe one of the most important things a manager can do is live the opportunity and be involved in the sales process personally. When a new person is shown a path to follow it makes the process predictable.

Great people to work with and great long term pay slope
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2017
My experience in my first year working here has been very good. Something to note about the job is that the pay is solely commission, which builds up over time. this means that for about the first 3 months my only income was initial sales, and as a rookie this meant that i was only making about $100 a week. It takes time and commitment to get money to start coming in with insurance sales, and in the last few months I've been here my paychecks have risen to around $400 monthly. The great thing is that while you work for yourself, you have a huge team of agents around you that can support and teach you about the business. If your willing to grind out 6 months or so of low pay the sky is the limit for what agents can do here at Penn Global. I would recommend this job to young people who can afford to sacrifice a few months to get commissions flowing, and have the bright attitude and tone needed when talking to customers, who are usually over 50.
Pros
Commission based pay, residual income, Multiple carriers, Great Management, Company Contest and trips, Agent support.
Cons
Commissions take about 4-6 months to become substantial enough to grow your savings, job needs discipline to work hard when you are alone which may hinder some.
Great organization, great culture, great opportunity!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 9, 2017
This company provides an opportunity above what a traditional company will provide. There are no limits placed on your personal income or advancement through our training/management program. With work ethic and integrity, no goal is too large, no dream is too big. This company wants people to have the opportunity to accomplish intellectual, emotional, and certainly financial freedom. Our culture has always been at the forefront of our organization. The intent that our people become better sales professionals is evident, but the real objective is to help you grow as a person, parent, spouse, citizen, mentor, etc. There are systems and mentorship in place to ensure success. The one on one classroom style training paired with partnered field training hand you right tools necessary to pave your way. Be willing to be a student of your craft, be willing to take direction from leaders before you, and be willing to have the can-do attitude to do what others may not do, and this company has the opportunity to take care of you in many aspects of life.
Pros
Unlimited income potential, unlimited growth and leadership potential, competitive compensation, flexibility, vested future residual income, annual trip for top performers, family culture
Look elsewhere
Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 16, 2016
If you are considering a career in insurance, find a true agency. Penn Global is a Multi level Marketing organization. Much lower commission rates than the industry average, (because every level above you gets a cut). All expenses on you training, appointment fees, even your business cards. 100% commission, no benefits. no leads door to door sales.
March 17, 2016

If you are 'current' I encourage you to please reach out to your manager or call us directly at 260 484-8098 for there is nothing about our organization that is an MLM.

Penn Global Marketing is one of the largest 'true' agencies in the nation with hundreds of people who have been with us for decades. I hope we can talk and we can put your career on the path to accomplishing your dreams.

Outside sales with little room for advancement
Independent insurance/annuity agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2015
Selling insurance was very humbling. When I could help people understand the benefits of insurance it was rewarding. However, we didn't have an office or any leads provided so it was very hard to market door to door.
March 17, 2016

Sales is a very humbling career for most people every day are told NO much more than YES. We're sorry this didn't work out for you and that our proven systems did not provide you the success you were hoping for. We wish you success and hope you find the path that works for you.

Market Insurance Company
Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Wonderful co-workers, on the job training in the field with a manager.
Door to door contact for future sales, also phone solicited sales. I have an 80 percent closing ratio. I was promoted to a management position and trained all new hires. Weekly meetings to discuss new products and different lead sources. I loved working with people and advising how I may help them with there current needs, and follow through annually to address future needs assessment.

Down size, 100 percent commission, too many client drop offs, and only a percentage of commission paid up front. Remaining is built in reserves and is vested for 7 years.
March 17, 2016

Thank you for your review. We believe there is nothing more important for someone starting in a new career than one on one field training with one of our truly successful managers. Many companies talk about training, but one can only learn so much in a classroom. The sales manager/trainer who is willing and able to make sales calls with their people, is a true leader.

New Training
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 17, 2014
Learned a lot of new skills and information about the Insurance Industry.
Hardest part of the job was the cold call/knock sales.

Great hard working co-workers

I enjoyed the sweet people I encountered while working this job
Pros
Self Set Schech
Cons
Long days/ sometimes making no money
A great place to feel confident with training!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield ilSeptember 11, 2014
The management in Springfield is outstanding. manager is very set on developing leadership within. If I had a son I would steer him to this office and watch him grow!
March 17, 2016

What a very kind comment. We are very proud of our sales management team and appreciate these type of comments.

everyday is a different day
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 13, 2014
There are some very good people here. We set our own hours, but a good effort everyday is expected. The insurance business has a high turnover rate where competition is great, which is compounded by a higher than normal unemployment rate. I found that I can survive in a 100% commission business which builds self confidence, and for that I thank them. Someone once said,"that if insurance was easy, everyone would do it".
Pros
flexible hours and days if needed for emergencies
Cons
pay %100 commission, no benefits
Competitive insurance sales position
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 25, 2014
To establish new clients and to service your existing clients. To maintain a consistent amount of production.(strictly commissions)
Pros
Unlimited vehicle for self advancement
Cons
There is no end
PGM is a fast growing company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 25, 2012
PGM is a great company with exceptional management.

I learned so much about the world of sales and what it takes to keep a sales team strong and profitable.
All in all it is a good place to work
Agent rep (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2012
I have no complaints with the business itself. In fact, working with this company has been an awesome experience. However the job turnover is horrendous. With such opportunity for financial compensation, I don't understand how this particular office could not master the latter of recruit and retain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn Global Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4