Penn Global Marketing

Penn Global Marketing Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 16, 2016
If you are considering a career in insurance, find a true agency. Penn Global is a Multi level Marketing organization. Much lower commission rates than the industry average, (because every level above you gets a cut). All expenses on you training, appointment fees, even your business cards. 100% commission, no benefits. no leads door to door sales.

Comment – March 17, 2016

If you are 'current' I encourage you to please reach out to your manager or call us directly at 260 484-8098 for there is nothing about our organization that is an MLM. Penn Global Marketing is one of the largest 'true' agencies in the nation with hundreds of people who have been with us for decades. I hope we can talk and we can put your career on the path to accomplishing your dreams.

everyday is a different day
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 13, 2014
There are some very good people here. We set our own hours, but a good effort everyday is expected. The insurance business has a high turnover rate where competition is great, which is compounded by a higher than normal unemployment rate. I found that I can survive in a 100% commission business which builds self confidence, and for that I thank them. Someone once said,"that if insurance was easy, everyone would do it".
Pros
flexible hours and days if needed for emergencies
Cons
pay %100 commission, no benefits
All in all it is a good place to work
Agent rep (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2012
I have no complaints with the business itself. In fact, working with this company has been an awesome experience. However the job turnover is horrendous. With such opportunity for financial compensation, I don't understand how this particular office could not master the latter of recruit and retain.
Market Insurance Company
Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Wonderful co-workers, on the job training in the field with a manager.
Door to door contact for future sales, also phone solicited sales. I have an 80 percent closing ratio. I was promoted to a management position and trained all new hires. Weekly meetings to discuss new products and different lead sources. I loved working with people and advising how I may help them with there current needs, and follow through annually to address future needs assessment.

Down size, 100 percent commission, too many client drop offs, and only a percentage of commission paid up front. Remaining is built in reserves and is vested for 7 years.

Comment – March 17, 2016

Thank you for your review. We believe there is nothing more important for someone starting in a new career than one on one field training with one of our truly successful managers. Many companies talk about training, but one can only learn so much in a classroom. The sales manager/trainer who is willing and able to make sales calls with their people, is a true leader.

Competitive insurance sales position
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 25, 2014
To establish new clients and to service your existing clients. To maintain a consistent amount of production.(strictly commissions)
Pros
Unlimited vehicle for self advancement
Cons
There is no end
A great place to feel confident with training!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield ilSeptember 11, 2014
The management in Springfield is outstanding. manager is very set on developing leadership within. If I had a son I would steer him to this office and watch him grow!

Comment – March 17, 2016

What a very kind comment. We are very proud of our sales management team and appreciate these type of comments.

New Training
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 17, 2014
Learned a lot of new skills and information about the Insurance Industry.
Hardest part of the job was the cold call/knock sales.

Great hard working co-workers

I enjoyed the sweet people I encountered while working this job
Pros
Self Set Schech
Cons
Long days/ sometimes making no money
PGM is a fast growing company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 25, 2012
PGM is a great company with exceptional management.

I learned so much about the world of sales and what it takes to keep a sales team strong and profitable.

Want to know more about Penn Global Marketing?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn Global Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7