Penn National Insurance Employee Reviews

No comment
Senior Loss Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, SCMarch 21, 2016
Rank and file employees (the coworkers) are really wonderful people. All of them whether with underwriting, premium audit, loss control, claims, or support services seemed to share common problems and experiences but worked together and supported each other very, very well to make everything work. They basically had each others backs.
Pros
Good about providing job related education
Cons
Salary Increases
Company loves to donate
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced and rarely a down moment. I learned that hard work will eventually pay off. The hardest part of my job would be trying to accommodate a customer when you are not given all of the information that you need to process an insurance policy. it's not hard as much as it is time consuming to contact different individuals to get the needed information. As with all companies, you work well with some and not with others. For the most part, I get along very well with my co-workers and for the few that we just do not see eye to eye, I keep a very good, professional relationship with them and that is it. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the I have provided someone with the services that they asked for.
Pros
Lots of volunteer work, Donating to outside agencies.
Cons
We could use sick days as a part of our benefits package.
Penn National
Financial Service Represntative (Current Employee) –  HarrisburgJune 4, 2015
There is constant work to do with no opportunity to for advancement or learning. Co-workers are great. The management is scattered and run the team in complete chaos. The most enjoyable part of the day is the customers and the co-workers.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Uneducated management team
Great culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 14, 2014
My co-workers were great to work with in every department. The work ethic and culture were impressive. It was a very rewarding experience for me.
Hard work ethic, team player, dependable, productive, reliable, quick learner, and flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 4, 2014
Taking inbound calls to file auto, property, or liability losses for agents and clients that call in. Research claim numbers and adjuster information upon request and help team members with assignments.
Pros
I can work through my lunches
Cons
N/A
very good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  harrisbug paFebruary 6, 2014
This is a very good company to work for. Plenty of room for advancement and compensation is fair.
A very unsettled work atmoshphere, a lot of management problems
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 26, 2013
I was a claims adjuster while I worked at PNI. There was a lot of transformation and revolving employees. Our office had major management issues which made it very uncomfortable to go to work every day. This was definitely not a good company to work for.
Very stressful envoronment to work in
Property Damage / Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 27, 2013
The work days with this company were very stressful and demanding. The work load was so over whelming it consisted of one having to work well beyond a normal 8 hr. work day as well as requiring us to work from home on nights and a daily basis.
Pros
The benefits package is excellent
Cons
The demands of the job were over whelming
I actually loved my job here at PNI
Receptionist Claims Service Rep. Claims Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 25, 2012
I worked here for approx 10yrs advancing from receptionist to claims service representative to claims associate. training was great, co-workers were great unfortunetly the supervisors were not so great. And neither was the office manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn National Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9