Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center

Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Employer Reviews

Employment
Patient Account Associate (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and continuous education
Working for MS Hershey Medical Center was educational and an experience. Continuous work with finances, attorney correspondents, workers compensation insurance carriers, various state workers compensation laws, as well as attorneys throughout the country.
Wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 24, 2013
Wonderful place to work! Everyone works as a team to provide the best care for patients.
They treat their employees like pawns not people
Catering attendant (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: $15 food allowance
Cons: disorganization in particular department
It was not what I was looking for. The department I was in was very disorganized.
Great benifits, and great pay compensation.
Central Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pennsylvania, ENGJune 4, 2013
Pros: benifits, and pay.
Cons: co-workers.
A typical day is long and hard work. I learned that you must keep to yourself or you will lose your job. Management is very friendly, but does not have a handle on it's employees. Co-workers have a nice demeanor, but will stab you in the back at first chance. The hardest part of the job is keeping to yourself, and a lot of walking. I was not able to – more... find out the most enjoyable part of the job, because I did not get a chance to work there for very long. – less
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse-Medical Intermediate Care Unit (Current Employee), Hershey, PAApril 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Hershey Medical Center is a great place to work. The organizational values are excellent. It is great to work for this magnet organization.
Great organization!
Coordinator, Retirement Plan Administration (Current Employee), Hershey PAMarch 1, 2013
Outstanding organization to be a part of! Superb benefits and great leadership team.
A good way to experience a job option.
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJune 19, 2012
Pros: pay, educational experience
Cons: work-load, working alone, hours
When I returned from living in Ireland last summer, I was contacted by my local gym where I had taught aerobic classes. They were looking for someone to fill in as an Exercise Physiologist while one of their employees had surgery. Since my minor in exercise science sufficed for the position, I gladly accepted.

A typical day at work consisted of opening – more... duties of the gym, meeting with clients to administer fitness testing, orientations, and personal training programs.

During my eight-hour shift, I worked alone so I had little interaction with co-workers. I found this isolating, and trying to deal with work related issues via email proved difficult.

The hardest part of the job was actually finding work to do. I was not properly oriented into the position, and was not given work to do when I was not with clients. After continuously asking for things to do and receiving nothing, I became frustrated.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with re-hab patients. I could design their programs and work one on one with them in the gym. I got to practice my skills while using my communication skills with varying populations. – less