Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Place for hard-working people
Research Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMarch 25, 2015
Being a post-doc at Penn State means working full time surrounded by terrific scientists. Besides, all the staff works extremely hard as well taking care of all the bureaucracies.
Productive workplace with good networking opportunities
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: benefits/coverage, networking opportunities, fair compensation
Cons: hefty workload
I worked as an instructor for the university while I was a graduate student. I had a wonderful group of peers and plenty of helpful colleagues who were always willing to aid with networking opportunities. There was an imbalance between my work as a student and my work as an instructor, the latter of which often occupied the majority of my time. Regardless of this, expectations were fair and the overall work experience was invaluable.
Very versitial work place
Student Production Worker (Former Employee), State College, PAMarch 12, 2015
Nice place to meet many different people from different places. Works with you school schedule. Can work as many or as little hours as you like.
Good workplace with nice people and it is convenient to look for information at library.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Eberly College of ScienceMarch 5, 2015
As an research assistant, I study regulation of Notch Signaling for Cell Fate Control and Neural Morphogenesis in Drosophila with molecular biology approaches, including PCR, DNA gel electrophoresis. During work time, I followed a PhD student to learn and do my work.
good place to get prepared for real work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 28, 2015

lovely town to live in

considerate management
Productive and fun university
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee), State College, PAFebruary 25, 2015
The summer is very nice but the winter is cold like crazy. The campus is very big and the whole town is about the university. You have to take very small plane to get there if you choose to fly.
Productive, fun place
Research assistant (Former Employee), harrisburgFebruary 24, 2015
Running around, analyzing data, cell culture
HPLC, ELISA, chromatography, cell culture, protein purification
very good managers.
Easy to work with
equipment failures
the environment
College Job
Common Desk Operation Student Desk Clerk (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: money
great place to work for when you are in school and is inside of the school but not every student workers want to do their job.
Productive and academic environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), State College, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Penn State was a wonderful and supportive environment. During my time there, I gained life-long friends and learned from professors who were well-known in the field.
Internship
Career Services Intern (Current Employee), McKeesport, PAFebruary 13, 2015
I am currently doing my internship through Career Services at Penn State University. I have created flyers and held sign ups for Spring Career Days, arranged events in preparation for Spring Career Day, Drafted and sent emails for students and faculty members, and Created flyers for KDKA Career Talk.
The opportunities available to me were boundless.
Purchasing Payables Staff Assistant (Former Employee), 101 Procurement Serv. Bldg., University Park, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: university was a learning and professional environment.
Cons: i can't think of a single one.
I always felt motivated to do my best. Providing excellent customer service was my primary concern. Penn State also allowed me to continue learning new strategies and techniques to achieve that goal. I was allowed to take personal enrichment seminars, free of charge, and was encouraged to share those lessons with co-workers. I looked forward to getting to the office every morning. My co-workers and superiors were like another family to me and I continue to enjoy the relationships I established with them.
Great Advisor in a booring and unfriendly department
Postdoctoral Research in Physics (Current Employee), State College, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: major research university with good ranking internationally
Cons: no collaborations among different research groups
The physics dept. at Penn State is full of brilliant people.
Unfortunately, they are not social and different research group are isolated form each other. This fact makes the work environment not very stimulating for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
Great place to work and make an impact on students. Relaxed atmosphere. Well educated staff/faculty
Adjunct Professor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to start your education career. Technology is updated and class room settings are relaxed and modern makes it easier to teach and influence students.
Great Learning Experience
Aerospace Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee), University ParkFebruary 2, 2015
Assisted PH.D students in Propulsion research, had a lot of hands on experience as well as learning. Co-workers very flexible to assist and teach us of their research.
Student run forecasting for the state of Pennsylvania
Campus Weather Student Worker (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Each person would give a five day forecast, high and low temperatures with day and night conditions, for regions of the state of Pennsylvania. The shift leader usually wrote the weather briefing, a synopsis for the next five days, for the entire state.
MASTER of FINANCE (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Great experience
Great learning
Good professors
Presentation opportunities
Gained communication skills
Great co-workers
growth opportunities
Lot of fun time along with work
Good team projects
Best student life
No facilities on campus for international students
Career fairs not very helpful
Satisfying and rewarding place to work
Continuing Education Representative (Current Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons: long commute, silo-like culture, bureaucratic processes
Penn State University is a good place to work, considering we help educate young people and professionals in a variety of fields.
The most enjoyable part of working in the Continuing Education unit is the ability to help adults in career transition and/or with their professional development needs.
Small group but highly functional.
Student in Computer Science (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Great working environment with a small but accomplished research lab. Good leadership and known project goals and objectives. Learned how to develop medical research-based apps in the Java language. Nice team environment.
Great University
Statistics Lab Intern/Grader (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 8, 2015
This job gave me extended knowledge of statistics. It was a good opportunity.
Nice workplace with highly qualified people
Research Assistant (Current Employee), University Park CampusJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free work environment
Cons: low salary
Hours are flexible, so it's a good place if you don't like to wake up early in the morning. The workload is huge though. I have gained a lot of experience in data work and research and learned a lot from some of the most talented academicians of the US.

1 2 3 4 5

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more

Penn State University Salaries