Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Nice quite places for Tutoring
Teaching Assistent (Former Employee), Dunmore, PAJune 16, 2014
Had to meet with many students, which helped to understand the weak points that most of the students have.
Research Productive University, Must be self-driven
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), State College, PAJune 11, 2014
As an R1 research institution, Penn State is very demanding of research productivity. Some people are great to work with and others show little appreciation for how you work. Difficult to find a good work-life-balance.
Penn State Pushed the limits
Researcher (Former Employee), State College, PAJune 9, 2014
The Faculty pushed me to apply myself in a skill that I had no previous knowledge about.
Productive environment with work/life balance
Research Associate (Current Employee), University Park, PAJune 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary could be a bit higher
Penn State usually allows you to adjust your hours so that you can have a wonderful work/life balance. In every laboratory I've worked, my coworkers have been knowledgeable, efficient, and enthusiastic about the projects. I recommend working here!
Doing what I loved
Assistant (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 4, 2014
Baseball is one of my favorite things in life and this a;llowed me to pursue that passion
fun to work at the fintess center.
Trainer (Former Employee), philadelphia penn state BrandywineJune 4, 2014
I really love my job at fitness center. I love to train people in the gym its my passion. the most amazing part is when I see older people who already graduate from Penn state coming to work out at out fitness center. nice to talk to them and I get more information from them about the college.
Very nice co-workers
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), University Park, PAJune 4, 2014
- Assisted accountants with daily task
- Reorganized filing room structure
- Prepared materials for weekly meetings
Great Benefits
Student Aid Counselor/Military Certify Official (Current Employee), McKeesport, PAJune 3, 2014
well- known company, friendly atmosphere, many locations, great education benefits.
I loved the atmosphere and my co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PAMay 31, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: short temporary position
My schedule was 9-3, Monday-Friday.
My co-workers were amazing and I enjoyed working with them.
There were a lot of fun projects
Research Associate in College of Medicine (Former Employee), Hershey, PAMay 28, 2014
Penn State supports a lots of opportunities for personal career developments.
Extraordinary
Instructor, State College, PA (Current Employee), State College, PAMay 28, 2014
PSU years are always a learning experience. The university has an agenda of diversity which allowed me to work in an area of my expertise.
Great School!
Student (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 27, 2014
I had a very positive academic experience at Penn State. The professors are first rate and were always willing to help.
Current Purchasing position
Inventory Control and Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), University Park, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: flexiblity with time...my work schedule, benefits
Cons: lack of progression
I am at a "stand still" in my department. I am not able to advance and have been actively searching within and outside of Penn State for a more challenging position. I work 7-3:30 -- which is perfect for my busy schedule. I have learned to deal with multiple personalities with both co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job is not getting – more... the parts here as quickly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the comfortable atmosphere. – less
Penn State was an awesome place..
Grade 10 Production Worker (Former Employee), State College, PAMay 22, 2014
Pros: great wages and benefits and job variety.
Cons: job shifts were hard to get all daylight.
I enjoyed Penn State because i worked in foodservice and was using my degree. I did alot of fun and different things. My days of work consisted of prep and making foods for the service line. Serving students and cooking on line for them as well. Management there was very good to the employees. There was a large amount of co-workers at Penn state, and – more... of all ages. I made some very good friends there. The hardest part of my job was that the shifts and travel time kept me away from my children and their school activities. They were younger and needed me around for alot of things. Traveling from home to there was scary for them. Otherwise, i enjoyed most of everything about my job there. We did different things and there was so many places to go on campus. – less
Productive and easy to manage
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), University Park, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: on feet the whole shift
Showed up to work and assigned to do one task for 4 hours a shift. This included busing tables, putting together the food with ingredients, and providing excellent service to the customer as a cashier or server.
Good working environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMay 13, 2014
The town provides a nice college atmosphere. As a graduate student I experienced a low-stress working environment. There are also numerous research opportunities in many different fields.
Excellent research environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), University Park, PAMay 12, 2014
Motivational researchers and state-of-the-art technology made PSU a great university for research and steady streams of publications.
Good College
Student (Former Employee), University Park, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: nice culture, classes, work environment.
Cons: large school.
A good place to get a college degree. Nice Student body just make sure you stay involved and get yourself out there or you will not stand out.
Great job with challenging and fun project
Research Associate (Current Employee), University Park, PAMay 6, 2014
This is a research oriented university, most of work involves pioneering research in this area. I learned semiconductor device physics and obtained hands on experience of device fabrication processes. The most challenging part is to find a novel way to solve a problem which has not been solved by anyone in the world, and this is also the most enjoyable – more... part of the job – less
I learned a lot about various plant diseases and plant propagation methods.
PlantVillage Student Assistant (Former Employee), College Park, PAMay 2, 2014
Developed an online encyclopedia of plant diseases and horticultural practices for the common 50 or so crop plants. The encyclopedia included information on common pests, diseases, physical descriptions of the plants, and propagation methods.

The insects and their associated patterns of damage are described and displayed. Included pest management strategies.

Propagation – more... directions follow the current methods used in the agriculture industry.

Each description was written following a common template. Also the descriptions were cross verified with literature from multiple sources as well as professionals in the agriculture industry. – less

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more

Penn State University Photos