Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee), State College, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: a lot of accounting learning experience
Cons: financial system was old and outdated, not user friendly
We did a lot of accounting related work. Auditing and archiving was a daily basis occurrence. I was required to make used excel regularly to make tables and pivot tables. Management was very pleasant to work with and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the main financial system. It is very outdated and not user friendly. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was all the accounting experience I was learning. I really enjoyed my internship. – less
A good job to have while in college
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee), University Park, PAApril 22, 2014
Tutoring is a good job to have while juggling school work and other activities. Helped keep me educated in Spanish grammar.
Excellent University
Research Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAApril 21, 2014
I think Penn State is Excellent! I have gained so much in Penn State.
Great people, Great place
Crew Member (Current Employee), State College, PAApril 16, 2014
Pros: employee meals!!!
These people are amazing, they care about you, they hope for the best of both sides.
Part of my undergraduate work
Water Quality Researcher (Former Employee), University Park, PAApril 12, 2014
Honors geoscience thesis work - good adviser, fun work, great experience
Great school!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), University Park, PAApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: expectation that we're working 24/7
A typical day at work as a graduate student consists of many different things. Taking and teaching classes at the same time is an interesting position to be in because you get to be on both sides of the podium on a routine basis. I've learned a lot of statistics and methods for thinking about different ways to analyze problems and data while here.
The – more... hardest part of the job is having personal time. It's not unusual to get messages from professors at 2:00 am and have to respond as soon as possible with results.
The most enjoyable part about the job is working on a team to accomplish different projects. I've had the opportunity to work with some very bright, very hardworking people to get projects done and I wouldn't trade that for anything. – less
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PAApril 5, 2014
Lots of opportunities
Great people to with
Culture of learning
Penn State is awesome
Summer intern at student affairs (Current Employee), University Park, PAApril 3, 2014
Penn State is awesome, I had a great experience working there and doing research in the office of student affairs.
Fun place to work and learn.
Learning Factory Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMarch 30, 2014
Typically I practice using the equipment, help others complete projects, advise people on what tools to use, Assist with 3D printing.
Volunteer
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), RemoteMarch 17, 2014
My work was volunteer based; no interaction with the university.
Health Policy and Administration Discussion Leader (Current Employee), University Park, PAMarch 16, 2014
Student discussion leader for HPA 101. Position helps develop leadership skills.
Was able to gain an extensive amount of quality coaching and recruiting experience.
Offensive Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMarch 4, 2014
Each day brought different challenges, but the experience I gained from this job will allow me to move on and be successful when faced with similar situations in the future.

I now have working knowledge of the day-to-day operations within a major D-1 College Football program
Fun and Inviting Work Environment
Science-U Curriculum Mentor (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Working with staffs and coworkers from Penn State really gave me the chance to learn new things and bond with coworkers as we work along side with one another. I was able to better enhance my work experience by working with my coworkers and teaching each other new skills.
Assisted my boss around the Penn State campus.
Clerk Assistant (Former Employee), McKeesport, PAFebruary 25, 2014
I enjoyed designing flyers for upcoming events we had on campus, especially because I like to draw n design pictures. My boss was very fun to be around and made my job enjoyable. I also typed correspondences and filed all incoming mail.
Laid Back Enviornent
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PennsylvaniaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: working with students and learing more about computers
Cons: not being able to fix major things with computers
A typical day at work was very easy, yet a lot of work. This was a work study job, so it allowed me to work and do my homework while I was there. I would come in and sign into the time sheets we had. I had a computer and phone at the desk i sat at, wen students and/or faculty called in I would ask them the problem they were having was and log everything – more... into the computer. i would assign the problem they were having to one of the computer technicians I worked with. I would also install the VPN client onto students laptops so they could use the campus wifi. I was also in control of making sure the labs stayed quiet and clean. The hardest part about my job was that students didn't listen to me if I asked them to use headphones while listening to music or to talk quieter if they were being too loud. The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to do my homework and study while doing my job. – less
I worked for Penn State!
Penn State Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee), University Park, PennsylvaniaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: team building moments constantly occuring
Cons: sometimes standing on your feet for 8 hours
The Auxiliary Officers have about as much fun as you'd think...-that is-not as much as students attending the events, but pretty close! Let's just say that you get a ton of experience and you get to see things you wouldn't in 98% of the other jobs you could have as a student.
Fun summer internship
Internship Research (Former Employee), state college, PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2014
Excellent place to study and learn chemical engineering. Great campus and excellent professors.
Greatest experience for secondary/post secondary endeavors
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great projects, locations, resources
Cons: no long term funding supports for projects
This was a great experience. Educating students from 7th grade to graduate school was a plus. Educating community parents and stakeholders was also great. Lack of funding supports was unfortunate, but creative financing and funding was a beneficial experience.
I started in Industry, went to Academia, looking to go back to Industry
Research Technologist II (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed the different environment that the university setting had to offer. However, I am looking to get back into industry. It has a much different feel to it, a more professional outlook, in my opinion.
Awesome professors, great real life experience with portfolio management
Senior Portfolio Manager - Student Managed Fund (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Amazing opportunities for real world problem solving and portfolio management objectives. Finance classes modeled around CFA level 1. Helpful and knowledgeable professors.

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more

Penn State University Photos