Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Was able to gain an extensive amount of quality coaching and recruiting experience.
Offensive Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAMarch 4, 2014
Each day brought different challenges, but the experience I gained from this job will allow me to move on and be successful when faced with similar situations in the future.

I now have working knowledge of the day-to-day operations within a major D-1 College Football program
Fun and Inviting Work Environment
Science-U Curriculum Mentor (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Working with staffs and coworkers from Penn State really gave me the chance to learn new things and bond with coworkers as we work along side with one another. I was able to better enhance my work experience by working with my coworkers and teaching each other new skills.
Assisted my boss around the Penn State campus.
Clerk Assistant (Former Employee), McKeesport, PAFebruary 25, 2014
I enjoyed designing flyers for upcoming events we had on campus, especially because I like to draw n design pictures. My boss was very fun to be around and made my job enjoyable. I also typed correspondences and filed all incoming mail.
Laid Back Enviornent
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PennsylvaniaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: working with students and learing more about computers
Cons: not being able to fix major things with computers
A typical day at work was very easy, yet a lot of work. This was a work study job, so it allowed me to work and do my homework while I was there. I would come in and sign into the time sheets we had. I had a computer and phone at the desk i sat at, wen students and/or faculty called in I would ask them the problem they were having was and log everything – more... into the computer. i would assign the problem they were having to one of the computer technicians I worked with. I would also install the VPN client onto students laptops so they could use the campus wifi. I was also in control of making sure the labs stayed quiet and clean. The hardest part about my job was that students didn't listen to me if I asked them to use headphones while listening to music or to talk quieter if they were being too loud. The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to do my homework and study while doing my job. – less
I worked for Penn State!
Penn State Auxiliary Police Officer (Former Employee), University Park, PennsylvaniaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: team building moments constantly occuring
Cons: sometimes standing on your feet for 8 hours
The Auxiliary Officers have about as much fun as you'd think...-that is-not as much as students attending the events, but pretty close! Let's just say that you get a ton of experience and you get to see things you wouldn't in 98% of the other jobs you could have as a student.
Fun summer internship
Internship Research (Former Employee), state college, PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2014
Excellent place to study and learn chemical engineering. Great campus and excellent professors.
Greatest experience for secondary/post secondary endeavors
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great projects, locations, resources
Cons: no long term funding supports for projects
This was a great experience. Educating students from 7th grade to graduate school was a plus. Educating community parents and stakeholders was also great. Lack of funding supports was unfortunate, but creative financing and funding was a beneficial experience.
I started in Industry, went to Academia, looking to go back to Industry
Research Technologist II (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed the different environment that the university setting had to offer. However, I am looking to get back into industry. It has a much different feel to it, a more professional outlook, in my opinion.
Awesome professors, great real life experience with portfolio management
Senior Portfolio Manager - Student Managed Fund (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Amazing opportunities for real world problem solving and portfolio management objectives. Finance classes modeled around CFA level 1. Helpful and knowledgeable professors.
Best High School :)
Student Government Vice President (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 29, 2014
NPHS has everything a student could ever need or want from their High School
Internship position
Research Assistant (Cognitive Psychology Lab) (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Class credit was offered as compensation. Great work atmosphere! Supervisors were great and there were many things to learn!
Educational Establishment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Mont Alto PAJanuary 20, 2014
Fantastic, professional work environment

Worked as a student for the university. They fostered professional growth. I felt that my voice and ideas were always heard. Very team oriented.
Great job for students.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University ParkJanuary 19, 2014
I was worried that when I moved up to University Park I would be unable to juggle both school and work, but the University made it almost to easy. Working as a research assistant was one the most rewarding experiences I have ever done. They were completely willing to work around my class schedule and give me just the right amount of work so I was able – more... to balance everything in my hectic schedule. – less
very open to ideas
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 7, 2014
I've got a lot of opportunities to lead the design and operation of projects. I was allowed to explore any ideas and received insightful feedback from my adviser and colleagues.
Great job to work
Disability Services Student Assistant (Current Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 7, 2014
a typical day would be that I work closely with the Disability Services Coordinator to provide administrative and student support, usually on a one-to-one basis. I learned the importance of confidentiality, the time management and learned to talk to a public crowd and speak closely to students and employees. their is nothing that i could say bad about – more... my job because I love everyone i work with and we have a great professional relationship. – less
In the middle of nowhere
Postdoc scholar (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: very professional and progressive
Cons: i need a lively environment to get me going
The work environment was not very lively. This could be department specific. A typical day would be getting into a quite (dull) lab and doing your thing. Management is excellent. Co-workers do not mingle and mostly mind their business. Hardest part of the job was to cope with non-English speaking co-workers. Most enjoyable part was the beautiful place! – more... I learned a lot. Will be extremely useful in my next job! :) – less
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 6, 2014
This job was a wonderful place to be employed. It allowed me to remain in school while still earning extra money. The mos enjoyable part was getting to know different people.
Productive and professionally skilled fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I answered telephones, faxed/scan/copied papers, filed, customer service by assisting students with bus passes and lunch tickets. Created a stall seat journal that was posted weekly to inform students/staff of weekly events coming up. Retrieved mail, attended meetings with different involvement of levels of management.
Solid Work Experience
Academic Summer Bridge Programs Co-Coordinator (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 4, 2014
My work experience was limited to internships and part time positions. However, these experiences taught my a multitude of lessons that I will carry for the rest of my career. The work environment at Penn State was great. My co-workers and my supervisors really made me feel like family. I have nothing but good words to say about my working experience.
Penn State University
Administrative Support Assistant 2 (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, off holidays, competative salary
Cons: communication between supervisors
The experience in the daily operation and interaction with students and staff were professionally addressed. The learning experience never ended within the departments. Interior and exterior trainings were offered regularly. We were taught many new programs, and diversity opportunities.

The hardest part of the job is being able to adapt to the many – more... supervisors and their different expectations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity offered. The interaction with the students from around the world. The many opportunities to expand your education and experience. – less

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more

Penn State University Photos