Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Nice place to work at
IT Services Intern (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 12, 2013
Cordial & Helpful co-workers. Provides great work-life balance.
Position permits engineering consulting opportunities.
Senior Instructor of Engineering (Former Employee), Greater Allegheny Campus, McKeesport, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: convienent schedules.
Cons: quality of students and faculty politics.
Enjoyed the teaching. However, engineering student quality has decreased over the past years.
summer camp coordinating
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PANovember 11, 2013
Penn State had a great staff to work with. I learned how to manage my time most efficiently while accomplishing overall goals. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the end result when the kids were participating in the camp events.
Challenging work environment with knowledgeable colleaugues
Urban Greening Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 5, 2013
Plan, create and install greenscapes and community vegetable gardens throughout the city of Pittsburgh. Project teams consisted of community residents, government officials, funding organizations and co-workers working together to enhance the appearance and pride of our inner city neighborhoods.
Great School
Data Scientist (Current Employee), State College PANovember 3, 2013
Great boss and great group I am working at. People are friendly. A lot of talented students.
Great experience
Graduate Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), State College, PaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: college setting
Cons: temporary position
6-6
Great Management
Great co-workers
Hardest part- early mornings
Best part- BCS level athletics
Not sure what this category means.
Adjunct Professor Continuing Education Department (Current Employee), PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: i have academic freedom when teaching and when writing my curriculum
Cons: none that i have experienced.
Excellent University to work for. Quality administration, faculty and staff and quality students. Healthy culture and friendly and competent co-workers. I enjoy teaching the students in the continuing education department. I enjoy designing curriculum and the collaboratin I receive from other faculty members on projects is supportive.
Professional and great learning environment
Business Services Department - Intern (Former Employee), Media, PAOctober 18, 2013
While interning at Penn State, a typical day consisted of reading over resumes and setting up phone and on-campus interviews. I would also attend meetings for our search committees. I would coordinate with all of the committee members; when we would meet and when we would conduct interviews. I learned a great deal about FMLA and how to develop a new – more... employee handbook for new staff hires. I also learned a lot about what the HR team is responisble for in a university setting. My supervisor was very good at making sure I was actually learning in the field and gaining useful knowledge to take into the workforce. My co-workers were very helpful and polite when I needed their help. The hardest part of the job was to accept praise from my supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the current staff and the people who we interviewed. – less
Great place to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University PArkOctober 10, 2013
I had a great adviser while I was at Penn State and learned a lot from him.
Loved working for my Alma Mater
Director of Housing (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: working with students.
Cons: live-in position
Worked with students on a daily basis. Planned special events and programs.
Penn State Math Department Grader
Grader and Proctor (Former Employee), University Park, PAOctober 8, 2013
Work really depends on the grad student or professor you work for. Although, it is nice being able to do work whenever you have free time in the comfort of your own room.
Productive and fun workplace with ability to learn people skills
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Schuylkill Haven, PAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: learning people skills, flexibility in scheduling, supportive supervisory staff
Cons: temporary, financial need-based position
A typical day at work included checking in with my supervisor, entering any work orders submitted by residential students into the electronic database, delivering campus and university correspondence to students living in the residential buildings, in addition to answering general questions of students asking to set appointments with residential life – more... and housing staff. – less
Great University to start your education
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Abington, PAOctober 3, 2013
This university is very high culture and you get to met students and professors from all over the world. you as a student can as well travel and study abroad to different parts of the country.
Great
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee), University Park, PAOctober 2, 2013
The typical work day is pretty relaxed. People there are really nice and you learn a lot about hardware, software and different things about computers, The management and co-workers are really nice. Hardest part of my job is not being paid, the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining the experience.
learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PASeptember 25, 2013
a cool place to learn what research is all about during your undergrad
This is a teaching assisant position
Course Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PASeptember 24, 2013
▪ Teach CT signal processing (and taught Fundamental of Electric Circuits and Digital Signal Processing)
▪ Conduct DSP lab sessions using Simulink based audio signal processing on TI DSK6713
▪ Instruct weekly recitations to review homework problems or the prior knowledge
Environment that helps foster talent and forward thinking
Research Assistant (Former Employee), State College, PASeptember 19, 2013
Collaborated with my professor and his team to model a game theory problem that will be later transferred to cancer cell research.
World Campus attracts amazing talent
Adjunct Professor-Social Sci & Business Writing (Current Employee), World CampusSeptember 18, 2013
Working with students all over the world and with an amazing support team at PSU is wonderful, which is why I have done it every year.
Great place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), University Park, PASeptember 17, 2013
Love to work there, but sometimes has a problem with funding.
Fun place to learn new things
Student Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Student Life OfficeSeptember 6, 2013
As the Student Activities Assistant, Spanish Tutor, and Research Assistant I learned how to be productive and responsible for different tasks.

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more

Penn State University Photos