Penn State University

Penn State University Employer Reviews

Greatest experience for secondary/post secondary endeavors
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great projects, locations, resources
Cons: no long term funding supports for projects
This was a great experience. Educating students from 7th grade to graduate school was a plus. Educating community parents and stakeholders was also great. Lack of funding supports was unfortunate, but creative financing and funding was a beneficial experience.
I started in Industry, went to Academia, looking to go back to Industry
Research Technologist II (Former Employee), University Park, PAFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed the different environment that the university setting had to offer. However, I am looking to get back into industry. It has a much different feel to it, a more professional outlook, in my opinion.
Awesome professors, great real life experience with portfolio management
Senior Portfolio Manager - Student Managed Fund (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Amazing opportunities for real world problem solving and portfolio management objectives. Finance classes modeled around CFA level 1. Helpful and knowledgeable professors.
Best High School :)
Student Government Vice President (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 29, 2014
NPHS has everything a student could ever need or want from their High School
Internship position
Research Assistant (Cognitive Psychology Lab) (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Class credit was offered as compensation. Great work atmosphere! Supervisors were great and there were many things to learn!
Educational Establishment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Mont Alto PAJanuary 20, 2014
Fantastic, professional work environment

Worked as a student for the university. They fostered professional growth. I felt that my voice and ideas were always heard. Very team oriented.
Great job for students.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University ParkJanuary 19, 2014
I was worried that when I moved up to University Park I would be unable to juggle both school and work, but the University made it almost to easy. Working as a research assistant was one the most rewarding experiences I have ever done. They were completely willing to work around my class schedule and give me just the right amount of work so I was able – more... to balance everything in my hectic schedule. – less
very open to ideas
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 7, 2014
I've got a lot of opportunities to lead the design and operation of projects. I was allowed to explore any ideas and received insightful feedback from my adviser and colleagues.
Great job to work
Disability Services Student Assistant (Current Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 7, 2014
a typical day would be that I work closely with the Disability Services Coordinator to provide administrative and student support, usually on a one-to-one basis. I learned the importance of confidentiality, the time management and learned to talk to a public crowd and speak closely to students and employees. their is nothing that i could say bad about – more... my job because I love everyone i work with and we have a great professional relationship. – less
In the middle of nowhere
Postdoc scholar (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: very professional and progressive
Cons: i need a lively environment to get me going
The work environment was not very lively. This could be department specific. A typical day would be getting into a quite (dull) lab and doing your thing. Management is excellent. Co-workers do not mingle and mostly mind their business. Hardest part of the job was to cope with non-English speaking co-workers. Most enjoyable part was the beautiful place! – more... I learned a lot. Will be extremely useful in my next job! :) – less
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 6, 2014
This job was a wonderful place to be employed. It allowed me to remain in school while still earning extra money. The mos enjoyable part was getting to know different people.
Productive and professionally skilled fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I answered telephones, faxed/scan/copied papers, filed, customer service by assisting students with bus passes and lunch tickets. Created a stall seat journal that was posted weekly to inform students/staff of weekly events coming up. Retrieved mail, attended meetings with different involvement of levels of management.
Solid Work Experience
Academic Summer Bridge Programs Co-Coordinator (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 4, 2014
My work experience was limited to internships and part time positions. However, these experiences taught my a multitude of lessons that I will carry for the rest of my career. The work environment at Penn State was great. My co-workers and my supervisors really made me feel like family. I have nothing but good words to say about my working experience.
Penn State University
Administrative Support Assistant 2 (Former Employee), University Park, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, off holidays, competative salary
Cons: communication between supervisors
The experience in the daily operation and interaction with students and staff were professionally addressed. The learning experience never ended within the departments. Interior and exterior trainings were offered regularly. We were taught many new programs, and diversity opportunities.

The hardest part of the job is being able to adapt to the many – more... supervisors and their different expectations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity offered. The interaction with the students from around the world. The many opportunities to expand your education and experience. – less
Huge school, good facilities
Research Assistant (Former Employee), State College, PADecember 27, 2013
Lots of well known professors who are experts in their field. Big school but you can also get the help you need from individual professors. Fun!
Productive, Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University Park, PADecember 22, 2013
Worked as a research associate in the biochemistry and molecular biology labs. I had a wonderful PI that was passionate about his research and loved teaching.
Penn State York - Continuing Education
Manager, Business-to-Business Dev. & Outreach (Former Employee), York, PADecember 16, 2013
The Management team during my tenure at The Penn State York Campus was amazing and very much in tune with equipping their employees to succeed in their work for PSU!

• Managed self-sustaining, strategic business unit dedicated to customized, on-site training for Corporate, Government and Association clientele. The leads and relationships developed – more... provided entree for strategic and profitable University offerings such as on-site credit. Provided revenue-stream to campus bottom line; the unit became self-sustaining.
• Analyzed, managed and nurtured the sales process from cold-calls and prospecting through closing and execution of training.
• Focused new business development in manufacturing and corporate segments. Increased contract client-base by 65% in the first year. – less
Fantastic Lab experience
Limnology Field Lab Technician (Former Employee), University Park, PADecember 16, 2013
great work environment
excellent facilities
easy to maintain paperwork and paycheck information
Fun, college life job
Commonwealth Campus Student Government (Current Employee), State College, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: fun, good connections
This was very productive as a student. I learned many leadership skills and attended 4 leadership conferences in the process!
Nice job
Scholarships (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 12, 2013
Enjoyed working there for the annual scholarship conventions. Lots of people. Good team work.

About Penn State University

The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College – Read more