Penn Station Employee Reviews

Productive food restaurant
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHAugust 12, 2017
Penn station is an good company to work for if you are into low hours basically an temporary job. They run an good business and are very polite to their customers
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
No benefits
ok place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 3, 2017
worked for 3 different general managers since working here. Not very good at keeping employees happy or employed. Pay rate is very stagnant not much room for moving up in the company
Good temporary job, horrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 1, 2017
It's a good place to work part time when you're a college kid. However, crew members will never really see a raise at any point because most raises and hours go to the assistant managers. If you do get promoted to assistant manger, they'll expect more work availability from you even if you can't give any more hours due to classes. Management sucks. Pretty much transitioned from one terrible manager to another. If sales are not where the manager hopes for them to be, crew members get their hours cut. I sometimes saw only 6 hours a week...and they will still try to send you home early.

Other than the negatives, I met some pretty cool people there.
Pros
Half-off meals
Cons
No paid breaks, terrible management, late hours
Great place to work for people interested in restaurant industry.
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 14, 2017
Work environment is good and comfortable. Very organized and fast pace work. Communicating with customers is very good way to understand the wants and needs of customers better.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes work schedules were not the same as the previous week.
fast paced environment but unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27455July 10, 2017
typical fast food job i helped customers by taking there orders an providing any info on our establishment but the management was terrible none of the managers were on the same page, they all would have a different answer to the same problems, i did learn how to multitask in a fast paced environment, restock an clean efficiently
Fast paced.
Customer service, and preparation of food (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 5, 2017
Enjoyable fast paced job. There was never much time to get bored. Daily tasks were split up fairly and meant that you had something you needed to do during slow times.
Busy and interactive workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 27, 2017
Maintain speed in production and speedy customer orders. Maintained grill and sandwich making skills. Increased customer service skills. Very great work environment.
Productive work environment with good co workers.
At Penn Station I held the position of team leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2017
A typical day at Penn Station is coming in and going through the procedures of washing your hands and putting on your apron; after it was time to fill in whatever position was open, such as register or grill, and begin helping with whatever needed to be done. As this was my first job I mostly learned to management skills and learning how to work together all the while encouraging employees to be productive under not to so preferred circumstances such as impatient customers who've had a bad day. Management was not always available for help. The work place culture was kind of that of highschool where we were all teen age girls who formed friendships but of course had our moments and issues we always ended up working out. The hardest part was being thrown into unfamiliar territory with strange issues to figure out on your own such as the fryer grease boiling over and onto the floor or a pipe burst that you had to safely handle while taking care of customers orders with a line to the door. The most enjoyable part was the fact that although we had our moments where we disagreed I came in to a pretty friendly and supportive staff.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland ohioJune 19, 2017
Great enviornment awsome customer service. Talk to customer while preparing their food. Great coworkers. Known better your customer. Happy place to work at.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No vacation
Great Place
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
Professional PT is a great place to work in. You have access to the gym and everything is organized. There is always a plan and you'll never be lost with a new patient. Great management, everyone treats each other like family.
Pros
Access to gym
Great
Food Prep-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2017
Was a great company to work for I would go back if it wasn't such a small business and the money was more lucrative but love the people love the food.
Assistant gm (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 9, 2017
This site is very useful it's straight to the point and its actually places in my location that I typed in not neighboring towns . Penn station wasn't a difficult company to work for it's just scattered and unorganized promises that are never keep. Hard work and over working your self is never enough. I was there everyday even on holidays when were open I usually work all day because no one wants to work and I have to pick the slack .which I never minded just wish the bosses would have our backs when crew wouldn't show up to their shifts .or walk out next day they would still have their jobs managers were always undermined so why would the crew listen to us when the know they don't have to listing and they can so what they want
Pros
Flexible schedule, free food when working
Cons
No respect, no one is dependable
I do not recommend working here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2017
This job is fast paced and aggravating. You will have to cook the raw food in-front of the costumers. That means you can potentially have aggravating verbal commentary from costumers who want to change their order while you are cooking it. The televisions placed in the restaurants do present shows or events to satisfy the costumers.
Pros
Free or Half off meals
Cons
Small area of work, Continuious conflict, Short breaks, Shortened Breaks
I wouldn't recommend working there. Depending on which one you go to.
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 6, 2017
They have terrible management that can never really focus on work. They treat employees terribly. I was fired for no reason basically. I just wouldn't work there
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Everything else
Most fun, most exciting job I have had yet.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KY 41076June 1, 2017
A typical day consisted of constant customers with a rush of cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, and satisfying customers with amazing service. Management was extremely nice. They not only made me excited to go to work, but they even cared about my personal life by asking about how school was going and that if I ever needed some time off work in order to make sure I stayed ahead of all of my classes. The workplace culture was always fun, but busy. There really was not a super difficult part about that job. There were no customers who felt underappreciated or that their service was below satisfactory. Because we focused heavily on cleanliness, detailing was never an issue. I loved training new employees because I enjoyed a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was when there was a massive rush of customers, making a line literally out the door. It was fast-paced, crazy, but fun at the same time.
Pros
Amazing employees who became friends.
Cons
Staying late for closing duties.
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 25, 2017
very quick paced environment. Can be very strenuos some of the duties. Lots of lifting. Don't always get a lot of hours. No benefits is a problem. management always changing.
There wasnt a day I didnt have fun working at Penn Station
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2017
It was like working at a place that felt like you where family and the days just went by really quick. When I worked there I always liked to be on the stove cooking sandwiches for customers and watching them enjoy the beverage. I tend to learn things really quickly and look for ways to make the job easier and faster.
Pros
Free 6" inch subs
Cons
Heat, burning yourself
Fun place to work any event
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 20, 2017
If you work at the Hilton hotel you will have a good time you get to work all kinds of events from proms to Christmas party's to drag queen events you have friendly people to work with and you get to get free lunch when you work and event
Pros
Free lunch and benefits
Cons
Short breaks but good advancement
penn station
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 19, 2017
first job, so it was pretty easy to get along with the job title. customer service skills became better naturally after speaking with many customers and taking their orders.
Pros
food
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 8, 2017
Good learning experience for fast paced grill cooking. Nice people, a good place to work. Good compensation, a lot of overtime. Not very good for a work/balance.