Penn Station

Penn Station Employee Reviews

Good
Team Member (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2015
Awesome team member good job to work your way up in. Gets busy but you have to work through it to get the job done and keep customers happy.
Great work enviorment
Cashier and Line Cook (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 1, 2015
Go in and Make sandwiches, quit simple. greet costumers at arrival and up sale everything. I learned how to deal with high volumes of costumers at once and maintain my composer.
Great place to acquire new skills. Plenty of room for advancement. Great for restaurant work.
Management (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2015
If your willing to put in effort and show you care then you will have no problem being promoted and making more money. Downside could be having to put in a lot of long hours.
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee), Arnold, MOApril 12, 2015
Working here was fast and slow at times. You have to make fresh food every day and make every customer happy while you do all of that.
good owners
Red Shirt (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 20, 2015
cooked food every day with younger employees. management wasn't to great when I first started but got better the longer I was there. the owners had to end up doing most of the management work because of a bad general manager.
fun work place
Manager (Current Employee), MOMarch 3, 2015
Penn station is a nice work environment. the costumers are sometimes friendly but working in costumer service you`ll run into some mean people. But for the most part I like doing what i do.
Good place too work as employment but the people u work with are the issue
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: its good food
Cons: but u can only eat for free if your a manager !!!
overall its a good place to work, the benefits and the hours are pretty good kind of based on your performance and work ethic..

now the people u work with that's another story,
I had a great time working at Penn Station.
Line cook./ Food prep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: i liked cooking and preparing food.
Cons: the location was far from my home.
I had a great time working at Penn Station. Job duties were easy and it was something I really enjoyed. I liked cooking on the grill, so it was like 2nd nature and something that I was very familiar with.
Penn
Manager (Current Employee), Plinfield, IndianaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: n/a
I really enjoyed Penn Station. I have worked their for years and they are very flexible. I have learned the management side of the business. I don't really like coming home smelling like food but I do love that company.
DO NOT WORK HERE. RUN AWAY
Crew (Former Employee), Ashland, ky and Huntington, wvJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch for working 8+ hours or 50% off other times
Cons: no breaks unless you work over 9 hours, no raises, no promotions, verbal abuse
I don't enjoy speaking ill of past employers, but this was the worst place I've ever worked in terms of everything. It's a family owned business, and the only way to advance your career is to be related to the owner. Management will belittle you, talk bad about you and sometimes down right lie about you if it gets them what they want.
They will not fire people, they will cut hours to 6 hours a week divided over 6 days... that's right 1 day off a week and instead of giving raises, they will treat you worse than dirt so that they can hire a new person at minimum wage after they've driven you to quit (to avoid paying unemployment) had a very big double standard on how to deal with discipline. They hire pill heads :-/

Perks include a few people with amazing personalities...
Amazing work environment and very friendly faces:)
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch, fun conversation.
Cons: early morning hours, long drive.
Every day i was excited to wake up and come to work. It was a great atmosphere with amazing co-workers and managers. I learned a lot about assembly like work and a better understanding of good food. The hardest part would have to have been the potatoes. Lots and lots of potatoes. The best part about the job was everyone treated you as a person. If you worked hard they respected you.
Work
Team Leader (Managment) (Current Employee), HurstbourneJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: pay
I love working there I get along with everyone and we work well together as a team. We complete tasks everyday to make sure customers are extremely happy when they come in and when they leave. We all take are jobs seriously and proceed to excel through out the day.
Casual environment that's not always professional
Cashier/ Shift Worker (Former Employee), Bexley, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: after 1 year, you get a free 6" sub every shift
Cons: no benefits
I felt like it was more of a "hangout with your buddies" than a professional, work environment. I dealt with difficult customers with respect and dealt with situations to the best of my ability/knowledge. The most challenging thing for me, would have to be the lack of communication between coworkers and managers. I enjoyed having music playing in the background and talking with the "regular" customers! I learned how to be on my feet and handle any sort of stressful situation that may arise.
Great Food, Poor Company
Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 18, 2014
Penn Station is a wonderful place to eat, but I don't recommend anyone work there. It is unorganized and the employees are treated with major bias.
Productive and fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Start - Prepared the food for the day
Between the day ; Wrapped the sandwiches
Cashier
Some custodial work
growing experiences
General Manager (Former Employee), Murray, KYAugust 17, 2014
Penn Station was a great growing experiences. This job definitely taught me the most about controlling labor and food cost. I went from a 5 on management skills to a 9 working at Penn Station.. and have still continued to grow with my current job
Fast paced
Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Brownsburg, INAugust 14, 2014
Pros: half off sandwiches, drinks
Cons: not enough pay and hours
Typical day at work would be very fast paced and sometimes a little chaotic. We would still be smiling and greeting guest

I've learned lots of things, from dressing sandwich , to grilling , blanching fries.

Management was great , like co workers we were all able to work as a team to get food out to the customers.

There wasn't anything hard , It was all pretty easy once you became use it it all.

The most enjoy part of the job for me was the customers, I liked being able to talk to them , and ask how their day was. Just for a few minutes , try to brighten their day.
Productive and a lot of interacting with people
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), St.Louis, Mo. 63119August 13, 2014
A typical day at Penn Station is just like any other day. I come in and start stocking the things that need stocking. When customers come in I greet them and ring their order in, make it, and then bag it up and give it to them. I learned how to prep things and how to train a new employee. I love all my co-workers, we are all like one big family. I would have to say I don't have problems on how to do anything there, and the most enjoyable part of my job is when i am on grill cooking the food or at the cash register interacting with the customers.
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indinapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: managers received free lunch
Cons: pay
I worked at Penn Station all through high school and half way through college and loved it. Although it could be a little dirty and sometimes physically exhausting I always loved going. I had a great boss and awesome coworkers.
fun workplace
shift leader (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: greatco-workers
Cons: no healthcare
Great place to work spent the day cleaning, prepping, and helping customers. I learned to cook and learned the different steps of food preparation and sanitation. The management and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was some heavy lifting and restocking shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fun, friendly, fast-paced environment.

1 2 3 4

About Penn Station

Penn Station has developed a unique product line that demonstrates, in full customer view, the true quality of our products. Our – Read more

Penn Station Salaries