Human Resource Generalist
*Pennex Aluminum Company LLC is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join our Human Resources Team in our Leetonia Ohio/Greenville PA facilities. This role will report directly to the Human Resources Manager for Pennex Aluminum. This position will provide the human resource support for the Leetonia and Greenville facilities and work closely with the plant management staff.
*The primary responsibilities to insure employees have opportunity to have concerns/issues addressed by acting as a liaison between the Human Resources Manager and the employees at the Leetonia facility. In addition, this position will be responsible for the following ongoing tasks:
- Primary responsibility will be the liaison between employees of Leetonia OH/Greenville PA facilities with the Human Resources function and to insure employees have opportunity to have concerns/issues addressed.
- Performs all aspects of the recruiting process from managing recruiting sources and advertising to interviewing and selecting candidates as well as processing employment applications and background checks for new employees and scheduling post offer physicals and drug testing.
- Works with the HR Team to ensure policies are administered accurately and fairly, providing guidance to supervisors/managers and employees, and assisting in the revisions and development of new policies as required.
- Works with the supervisors and managers to provide oversight and feedback into the employee performance review process.
- Performs the orientation of all new hires and processes necessary employment paperwork.
- Provides support to the Benefits Coordinator by following up on enrollment paperwork, assisting in the administering of changes to the plans and acting as a funnel for health insurance claims issues resolution.
- Manages the training records for the Quality system for TS Audits
- Provides support for the Wellness initiatives to ensure there is participation and oversight at the remote location.
- Oversees all temporary staffing needs by ordering and terminating temporary employees, as well as tracks changes and monitors their performance, attendance and length of service for hiring purposes.
- Performs duties relating to Preferred Employer initiatives such as assisting in the coordination and follow-up on employee roundtables, scheduling and organizing company activities..
- Schedules quarterly random testing for all employees in accordance the substance abuse policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified Applicants must have an Associate's degree (A. A.) or at least 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree is a plus. The ideal candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will require travel between locations. Travel will be up to 25% of the time.