SUMMARY: The Fabrication Shop Manager Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabrication of structural, ornamental, or related aluminum products by performing the following duties:
This position will be based from Leetonia, OH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Requisitions dies, fixtures, and material.
- Examines defective machinery to determine cause of malfunction and reports need for machine repairs to the Maintenance Manager.
- Performs routine quality checks and inspects work in progress and finished products to ensure quality standards are met.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and suggests changes in use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Works with outside processors to manage the production and quality of those processors to meet the customer demands and requirements.
- Performs activities of workers supervised and other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Directly supervises employees in the Fabrication Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. welding,Metal Fabricator, Fabricator,Welder/Fabricator,Fabricator/Welder,manufacturing,fabrication,fabricator,metal fabrication
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other - Reads blueprints, scales, calipers and associated work tools. Proficient with computer especially spreadsheet and word processing programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.