This position is responsible for supporting the Inside Sales Manager and Outside Sales Managers by generating quotes and launching new products/programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the collection of all information needed in order to accurately quote customer requirements, from manufacturing capabilities to the in-depth understanding of the customer requirement.
- Conducts thorough print review of customer requirements and ensures follow-up on potential questions, issues or concerns in order to minimize misquotes.
- Coordinates the internal review process by soliciting the input of production management, quality assurance and engineering to ensure team has level of comfort with the quoting of new business.
- Generates proposal based on feedback from Sales, Quality and Production.
- Follows up with customers for additional information and to gather feedback, then reacts and modifies quotes as required.
- Reviews initial purchase order from customer with internal team.
- Coordinates the APQP/PRP process.
- Tracks new tooling to insure timely delivery and testing to meet production requirements and customer delivery requirements.
- Works with Inside Sales and Production Management to ensure that sample and prototype orders are placed within the production schedule to meet the customer requirements.
- Works with customer service representatives to coordinate required outside processing and vendors.
- Works with the QA department to manage sample submissions to customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) with a minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience (automotive preferred). Aluminum Extrusion experience preferred.
- Communication Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills. Must have the exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships.
- Technical Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints or CAD drawings and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Pennex Aluminum is part of the Metal Exchange Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers, processors and purchasers of non ferrous...