Pennoni Employee Reviews

Life at Pennoni
Workload Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job was staying ahead of the PM's ever
changing mind.Outside of that Pennoni was great place to work. Co-worker's were always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great pay and benefits.
Cons
PM directives changed on a daily bases
Large company that is poorly managed.
Lead Environmental Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2017
Large company that is poorly managed. The field work out of the Pittsburgh office is terrible. False promises and mis-management of projects caused a loss of work and lay offs.
Quiet, relaxed workplace with occasional busy weeks
Co-op Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 22, 2017
Basically your typical 8-5pm workday with adjusted summer hours so that you only have to work a half day on Fridays. Employees are very friendly and hardworking. A free lunch is provided to the staff for monthly employee meetings.
Overall a good job experience
Associate Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 5, 2017
I have been with the company for 5 years and it was my first job out of college. It has been a great professional experience, where I have been able to be exposed to different offices, extra-curricular activities and networking events. Each office has a different culture - I have been able to work in the Mechaniscburg and Haddon Heights offices. These two offices are very different. I will say, the company worked with me to provide a job through a move from New Jersey to central Pennsylvania. Overall, if you are passionate about consulting, I think Pennoni is a good company.
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
Pennoni is a great place to work at. The people I've met at Pennoni are great people who look out for you. There's plenty of opportunity to move up.
Pros
Summer hours
outstanding place to develope
Consulting Engineer & Design Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 14, 2016
A typical day at Pennoni, as Design Supervisor, one would encounter typical mentoring, training, and developing team mates, who will have the ability to produce a product, ready for review, and release to construction.

I learned that you should never put all eggs in one basket, and diversify your faster growing team mates, and place them with the challenged learner. This grows balanced team, as well develop loyalty.
Pros
excellent management, and benifits
Cons
never rely on the position you hold from one day to the next. Right to work, is the other side of the blades sword
Growing Firm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware ValleyNovember 5, 2016
Firm is transitioning and is trying to structure for future growth. Solid foundation of talented staff and loyal client base.
Positive company to work for
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2016
Pennoni has a positive atmosphere in the office, co-workers are good to work with and jobs and deadlines are challenging.
Pros
good healthcare, regular raises
Cons
no matching 401k and no bonuses
Great First Serious Job Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Pennoni. The atmosphere was safe and I grew to learn more skills than I had. The management and employee communication was a little lacks.
Benefits
Knowledgable management staff
Senior Construction Inspector CWI (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 14, 2016
Pennoni has a very solid upper management setup but pay scales and the idea of working for 'billable time' sometimes overshadows things. They like to cut your hours and milage to satisfy the clients bottom line.
Various projects gave further insight into the engineering world
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 2, 2015
Never really dealt with the same thing each day, I was constantly exposed to new projects under different disciplines of engineering. Learned a little bit of everything including surveying, environmental testing, building construction, bid estimation, and project management.
good workplace
Project Design Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2015
My group never recovered from the recession

I learned about client relations and refinery and landfill work

Hardest part was leaving

Most enjoyable was my group
Pros
my group
Cons
ran out of work
Inspection Supervisor / Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 28, 2015
Great place to work. Excellent Benefits. Company pays for all certifications. Very diverse company with many entities.
Site Design Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 14, 2014
Overall good scope of work. Looked at various stages of the process of site design. Gained various skills like CAD Civil #D information Usual work day was emailed assignments. The task came from scanning and tracing plans or designing a site by the deed if possible. Another researching documents for the site like deeds, google earth and various other things.
Pros
good environment, wide variet0
New position
Senior Structural Steel Inspector (Current Employee) –  maineAugust 6, 2014
New with the company. Lots of Travel. hotel stays. I do like my job.
Productive and well-balanced working environment.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  State College & Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2014
Pennoni Associates was the perfect place for me to intern, as well as work part time during my senior year of college. I gained an amazing amount of knowledge and experience from the management and my co-workers at Pennoni that will definitely be beneficial to me when I begin a career.
Reached the ceiling
Junior Designer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2013
I have more skills and potential than this job has to offer at my current position.
Interesting work with Engineers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, NJNovember 6, 2013
It was a great work environment. I learned a lot about bridges and engineering.
Pros
Work experience
Very skilled group, easy to work with
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 10, 2013
Was given tasks to complete, within particular guidelines and was given freedom to complete the tasks as saw fit. Received good training, internally and externally. Loved, the job.

Office management was excellent, corporate management was decent. Co-workers were great to work with, and always interested in helping if they could. There is definitely a “team” mentality there. They don’t just talk about it, they live it.

Hardest part of the job, was when work was really light, and fearing layoffs. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the people there.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Layoffs
Productive simple work place and easy going.
Lead CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2013
A pretty comfortable work environment. Like most places of employment people you like and dislike, but all were tolerable. I believe no place for people who are simply work associates. Over Encourages outside relationships

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennoni. Our community is ready to answer.