Penny Lane Employee Reviews in United States

Very Family oriented
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 31, 2016
When I worked at Penny Lane I felt like I had been there for years when I was only there 5 months. I give them high marks .Penny Lane will train you if you do not have the experience for the position you are hired for. I loved the people that I worked for, they work with your schedule if you have to take time off it can be made up. Friendly atmosphere.
Great atmosphere, friendly environment, dedicated to helping people in the community
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 16, 2016
Penny Lane is a great company to work for. My time there was awesome. It's family oriented. I worked with a friendly staff and they cared about each other. The most enjoyable part about the job was that we laugh everyday about something. My supervisor was wonderful.
It's a place that kills your dreams your passion for Humanity.
WRAP worker its a shame. (Former Employee) –  Commerce CASeptember 24, 2015
It's a place that kills your dreams your passion for Humanity, its a place full back of toxic people that dont have the qualifications that are needed to work there, its working with disrespectful people and about management mmmm there's only a few people that are outstanding, I feel embarrassed that at one point I was a part of the agency I will miss my family's and coworkers, Wrap principals nowere go be found.
Pros
Cons
They don't stand up for good workers, they allow people to performed jobs that they don't have the knowledge that is required.
"Sour Taste"
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAMay 14, 2014
I've worked in other Non profits, but this one was the worst. Job is 4 days on, 3 days off, usually work anywhere from 10+ hours. Your job is to pick up kids from work and drive them to different places as needed, cook for them, and tell them what to do (guide). Some kids enjoy your company, but most will make your job extremely hard. You are there to serve, protect and guide kids, however the same is not true as an employee. Management will not support you, and instead take sides with kids. Kids is what brings in the money, you are expendable. You don't play politics, you will never move up in the company. Company is family owned, and if you bring up ideas, or mention any changes you will be seen as a threat to the work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you do meet a kid that wants help, helping him through life is a great feeling. Pay is only nice because you work close to 50+ hours a week, but that takes its toll. (Overtime, Double Overtime) Health care benefits are the best. The work environment is very toxic after a while. They talk about higher employees within but far from that, if even that, unless you are a yes person and play there politics. Hope this helps, wished I would have read a description such as this to help me better understand Residential Counselor for this company.
Pros
great company benefits, no real dress code, helping those kids that want help.
Cons
cut throat work environment, horrible management does not address concerns, poor morale, no employee support
MIxed Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAMay 1, 2014
I loved working with the young kids. the staff was great. It was exhausting, but rewarding.
Pros
working with the kids, when they were doing well.
Cons
pay was low.
very fun place to work and learn new things everyday.
Event Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CADecember 18, 2013
I was able to tutor the small kids.My boss was a very happy lady loved her company she was always on top of her job. The best part was that she was always smiling.
Rewarding job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJanuary 3, 2013
This is also a rewarding position to work but can also be very stressful and fast paced.
Pros
can get free lunches and dinners, can dress down at work
Cons
may have to put your self in harms way to break up fights, company was unorganized
Agency strongly supports the advancement of children and families
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CANovember 28, 2012
I learned and grew as an individual with this agency. Never a dull moment at work, fast pace and high energy. My co-workers were the most caring group of individuals I have ever met and many will remain life long friends. The hardest part of the job is working so closely with families you have to make sure not to personalize things as situations arise with the family. It is just a heartfelt job and over the years I learned to separate personal from business and put the family and children's needs first. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the families and seeing them succeed.
Not a good place to work if you are a female
Clinical Records Secretary (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 30, 2012
Worst job I have ever had. Everyday was a terrible experience with the co-workers.

On a lighter note, I learned how to work with a psychiatrist and therapists Also, I learned a lot of medical terms. I loved working wit the clients and making a positive difference in their lives.

However, it was the work environment that was very toxic. Thus, it was difficult to reach my highest potential possible in the midst of roadblocks that the co-workers themselves set.
Pros
great company benefits
Cons
co-workers that lack respect, team player attitude, poor morale