PennyMac

PennyMac Employer Reviews

Uncomfortable place to work
File Receipt Technician (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAMarch 31, 2014
This company requires you to sit in front of your computer and work like a robot.
Stressfull unstable infrastructure
Processor (Current Employee), MoorparkMarch 2, 2014
Pros: corporate has an onsite cafe
Cons: micromanagement. no work life balance. hostile environment
Poorly ran organization with unrealistic expectations. They work you 6 days a week at least and make it clear you ahould feel lucky to have a job. Poor moral. They feed you now and then but thats to keep you working through your break.They can't keep good Managers.
Fast growing company
Operations Fulfillment Supervisor (Current Employee), Moorpark, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: fast growing
Cons: fast growing
Up and coming major player in the new mortgage landscape. Focused on retail and loan servicing.
Mortgage REIT in the valley
FVP, Business Operations, Retail Lending (Current Employee), Moorpark, CAOctober 6, 2013
Well-run company with good management; unfortunately deep in the Valley from a commute standpoint.
High paced work place with no room for advancement
Senior Underwriter- Correspondent Lending Division (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: overtime when business is good
Cons: lack of team player atmosphere.
The pay was nice but company has no room for advancement and isn't loyal to long time employees.
Nice people, nice workplace,
Correspondent Custodian Specialist (Current Employee), Moorpark, CASeptember 16, 2013
Learned a lot about FHA and VA loans. Manager was really awesome. Typical day is spent in front of a computer.
Professional work environment
Senior Correspondent Underwriter (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free coffee and company lunches
Cons: healthcare and job security
I come in to work open my assigned loans for that day and begin working on my files. I take a 30 minute lunch as required when I'm at a good point with my work.
Just not stable
RECEIPT FILE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAAugust 16, 2013
Things at PennyMac seemed really great at first, however, things turned rather quickly. We were moved, as an entire base file team, into another building, separate from the rest of the PennyMac employees. This in itself was not too large an inconvenience, but things began to take their turn shortly afterwards. It was entirely noticeable that the company – more... was about to downsize. This was obviously a scary notion, however, I thought my fears were over on July 2nd. I had been a top producer in work load as a contractor for many months. Because of this, I was the only contractor offered a permanent position within the company. However, on August 2nd, they informed me that I was not a permanent employee, and that I was being let go with the rest of the contractors. 8 solid months of very hard work in order to secure my job security down the drain, a complete betrayal of trust. I don't recommend anyone seek employment here. – less
Fun co-workers
File Receipt Technician (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAAugust 8, 2013
Good employer with great benefits, but job security is dependent on the market.

About PennyMac

PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust trusts in its ability to acquire distressed US residential mortgage loans. The company¬†seeks – Read more