Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work if you are working for a college degree
Test Center Operations Lead/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
It is a typical big IT company to work for. Most personnel look to come to work put in their 8 hours and then go home.

Company recognizes this and is trying to change the culture.
Pros
Company culture is training for the better
Cons
Big and impersonal
I enjoyed the work at PBGC as a FOIA Analyst because I has the opportunity to be involved with both the requester and the benefit individual.
FOIA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2015
My work here allowed me to have input with both the individual submitting a written request for information and the opportunity to review individual records of the pension benefit individual. To have the responsibility to review the records and make determinations of documentation to release or not allowed me to apply the legal exemptions/provisions necessary. This position also allowed me to use my paralegal skills to research, write and have dialogue with colleagues and managerial staff on legal issues of record. Also, many of my other skills were put to use in Excel to create charts and graphs at year ends reporting.
Productive and fun work place
Office Automation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2015
This government agency is very well balanced and lots of growth potential. They are a independent agency so they are not affected when the federal government is shut down.
Pros
downtown dc
Cons
lunch is expensive
Diverse environment and peacefull work place
Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2015
At my job we solve problem and review documents in order to finish our assignments. We work hard during product release sprint.
Excellent work environment and they provide workers with the best experience
Management and Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2015
Receiving and checking in the mail. Delivering correspondence to the appropriate office, Assisting with administrative functions, and shelving books using the Dewey decimal system.
Working @ PBGC
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
Typical day was busy with a team of 13 junior support

How to deal with multiple personality when in a position to lead

Management was very supportive of each employee

I love the location of PBGC
Productive, good experience.
Management & Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2014
Good place to work. People are nice, positive and supportive of each other and the mission of the organization as a whole unified entity.
Learned about Multiemployer Plan regulations and the Financial Assistance process. Good Administrative job with a variety of projects to work on.
Lacking a bit in the area of growth potential in my case.
Pros
people
Cons
growth
Productive and fun work environment
Management and Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work is always productive and busy. I've learned how to manage time, be organized, and multi-task while doing various administratives duties. I have a great relationship with my co workers; we work as a team. There is nothing hard about my job, all I have to do is create a plan for my assignments i've been tasked with and execute it. The most enjoyable part of my job is working on or assisting with a project (s).
Professional place to work
Auditor Internship (HNIP) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. The people there will welcome you as one of their own. They will provide you with all the tools you need to get your work done. There is room for advancement and personal growth. Loved this place.
Pros
room for advancement, flex hours
Cons
n/a
Procductive Environment
Federal Agency Office Automation Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2014
•Provides receptionist, office automation, and clerical support for Operations and Policy Supper Staff (OPSS) within the Benefits Administration and Payments Department (BAPD).
•Processes and categorizes mail, facsimiles, phone calls, and other forms of correspondence for OPSS employees.
•Provides assistance to the Division Manager, Management Analysts, and Training Specialists.
•Produces a variety of written documents utilizing various forms of Microsoft Office.
•Assists Policy Analysts with various projects for individualized policy questions within pension plans.
•Assists with BAPD training classes and course materials.
•Compiles and tracks BAPD training survey responses.
•Prepares time and attendance records for division employees.
•Responds to employee inquiries from various BAPD divisions regarding general OPSS policies and programs.
Part time student position that turned into a wonderful experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2012
This was the best job I worked for! This was a wonderful start to my career thanks to a government freeze. I would love to work there again.
Pros
wonderful co-workers, short commute, good benefits
Cons
i can not think of any
Great place for training employees
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Most of the employees have worked for the agency for many years. The others use the opportunity as a stepping stone towards their desired career path. The department I worked in was very friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 23, 2014
This was a fast-paced Call Center work environment but with good people with whom I enjoyed working and producing results.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
stressful deadlines
Best job ever
Technical Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2013
Loved working for this man! Loved the Hill and my office. Unfortunately, like all Hill offices....if you want to pay bills, you have to move on. Best job ever, though.
Great Place to work at
Configuration Manager/Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
People are friendly and helpful. Fast pace environment. Able to learn new tools help you do your work.
Pros
enjoy working here
Cons
hate to go
Federal Government
Management Liaison Specialist GS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2013
I enjoyed assisting employees reach their employment goals and rewarding them for their hard work and dedication.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
I loved everything about working here. The people were amazing.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
n/a
Great client to work with
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2013
Great place to work with. Very understanding on how their company should be improved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5