Penske Motor Group Employee Reviews

busy days at Longo Toyot so much fun & great energy
cashier. My job duties are (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 3, 2017
My experience at Longo Toyota was unbelievable. It was an honor to work in a place where there was great energy and felt right at home. I learned so many things in the administration office and also how Longo works behind the scenes.
Pros
they really took care of me more then just free meals
Cons
some managers shouldn't be managers
Guarding premium cars
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMay 25, 2017
My primary task was ensuring the stock of premium cars on the lot remained safe and secure. Vandalism and theft are recurring problems in the car dealership industry, and I am proud to say no problems with eith occurred under my watchful eye.
Some areas are fun and some are not
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The whole Longo toyota parts Management.....1 word to describe them "incompetent". They are like teenagers in High School, they don't care about how hard you work, they just care about how well you like them to be in their inner circle.
Pros
Bbq once a mont
Cons
Terrible parts management team.
Great Company
Concierge/ Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 14, 2016
Love this company. Great Values. Love the Penske way. Its something to live by in everyday life. I would refer anyone to this company.
Was great experience working at Longo Lexus
Sales/Lease Sales (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Helped many guests with their purchase of new or preowned vehicles. It's a great place to work because everybody is happy helping guests with their purchases.
Tecnichan (Current Employee) –  El monte, CALIFORNIASeptember 29, 2015
Learning is continuous day to day always something new growing opportunities and challenges of each month to help super goals , I also want to mention that also takes into account the opinion of the staff .
Fast pace environment with great co-workers all around
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves making sure that our guest's needs are fully satisfied. They are the reason why everyone in the dealership has a job to begin with, which is the reason why the company places so much emphasis on customer service. Everyone that works at Longo really takes it upon themselves to go far and beyond what they are asked of. Interacting with my co-workers is what makes the most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned so much that some times does not involve work since I began working at Longo. The owner of the dealership takes it upon himself to go and meet all of his employees when he has the chance and even remembers the slightest details about you. Such a remarkable owner and company to work for!
Great place to work, straight forward no nonsense approach to the sales process
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2015
As the Finance Director at Lexus of Stevens Creek, I was responsible for overseeing over 400 loan applications per month. In addition I also prepared and executed over 85 contracts personally. Developed and trained the entire department, raised the per copy average by over 35% and also raised CSI scores simultaneously. I personally trained several top sales associates which later where promoted into management positions. Enjoyed working directly with my co workers in all areas of the dealership. We were able to develop very rewarding relationships with both the captive lender, as well as outside sources. The most challenging part of the job related to the increase in responsibilities due the elimination of direct business office and DMV support.
Pros
Excellant business model, honesty and integrity throughout the company
Cons
Trending towards consolidating office support which resulted in poor customer service
productive and demanding work place
Receptionist Manager (Former Employee) –  3534 N Peck Rd El Monte, Ca. 91731January 23, 2015
This is a team oriented company, everyone works together to accomplish world class service.
Pros
Constant growth
Cons
Demanding
Challenging yet fun place to work at.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2015
I learn a various amount of tasks which amplified my experience levels. Management positively works with employees to exceed their comfort zones.
Pros
Gym available, Friendly
Cons
Work weekends
ok company to work for
Service Administration Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAOctober 20, 2014
A very large company to work for long hours, but we spend a lot of time there so you make a family.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
longo hours
very fast paced place to work
detailer (Current Employee) –  el monteOctober 16, 2014
non stop work. constantly busy. company is so larger personalities are bound to clash
Good company to work for
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CaOctober 9, 2014
I am a Sales Consultant and have been with Longo for about four months. So far this is one of the best companies to work for.

One of the hardest parts of this position is the hiring process. There are a lot of candidates that apply for this position and only a few get selected. The whole hiring process took me 3-4 weeks. Some candidates in different departments took months to get hired. I had to go through several interviews: I talked to 3 sales managers, one with the general sales director and one with the general manager. After, I had to take an online assessment which consist of two parts:
first section is 10 minutes testing on knowledge like
-patterns 2,4,6 _?, 1/3 of 75 is?
-what is the opposite of good..... etc

second section was about company fit like
-How well do you work in teams?
-How well can you multitask?
-How well can you solve problems?

From what I heard, the assessment is another consideration. I don't know what exactly Longo looks for on the assessment. I knew people who applied and didn't get hired because of it.
Also, the manager who considered me called all my references and asked about my performance. I did have prior car sales experience(6 months at Nissan). I really didn't think I was going to get hired because of my short experience and people told me Longo only hires people with lots of experience. During the interview, I stressed how even though I wasn't top salesman, I enjoyed helping customers. So bottom line is you really don't need much experience to be a car salesman at Longo. By the way, I am only 22 years old, recently graduated
  more... with a degree in Business.

Hardest part of the job is long hours. If you want to make money, you have to commit to staying late nights and working weekends.

Company culture is awesome. Everyone always smile and wave to each other. Also, if I didn't know something, there was always someone to help me. All the managers are willing to help if you ask.

Good benefits and 401k.

Has a gym and college downstairs.

Free company lunches once every month.

Pay is good for someone who just recently graduated from college. Pay is really dependent on the cars you sell. Sell more, make more.
Pros
Free lunches
Business Office management is unrealistic, Really temp-to hire
Contract Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 12, 2014
I applied online for a position which was full time and with a certain pay. When I got hired they said I would be "temping" for just ONE MONTH with the pay from my previous job (which was not what it was advertised as). I agreed because I believed in their word that I would get hired and get my raise in one month. Surely that did not happen. I had to keep following up. The management at the business office is horrible! She wants you to work at the fastest pace and nags about every little thing she sees at your desk. She gives horrible critiques that make you feel like you are not valued and not worth working for her. I had never felt so unappreciated in my life! I could no longer stand working under her supervision. Beware the business office! THIS JOB IS ACTUALLY TEMP TO HIRE, BEWARE! THEY WILL NOT START THE PAY RATE AS WHAT IT IS ADVERTISED! YOU HAVE TO WORK THROUGH AN AGENCY FIRST.
Pros
Monthly BBQs, good benefits
Cons
Management, Do not keep their word
productive
Delivery Specialist/salesman (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 16, 2014
very productive company and wont settle for second best and is always in the top competition
Pros
successfull at maintaing a great customer service
Cons
promoting within and pay
Amazing Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 24, 2014
I had an incredible time at Billabong that gave me the opportunity to learn much about how to manage clients, setting up, managing, and running public events, and how to market a brand.
Amazing team
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2014
Amazing group of people to work with.Still currently working with Lexus and learning a lot from the the automotive industry.
Great people
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 9, 2014
They have some really great people that work there and it makes the work fun.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Pay low
Fun Place Good experience Nice People or tenants! Great Friends!
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 18, 2013
Wonderful place to buy wholesale Furniture and Gifts for your Store.
Pros
Good Deals on items, and Fun Shows to work
Cons
New Management
Largest Toyota Dealership
Ca, Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  ElMonte< CaliforniaSeptember 22, 2013
Managed two payroll clerks for 350 employees
there were 35 managers for 24 hour store and was a enjoyable place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske Motor Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3