Penske Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
SUPERVISOR / DIESEL TECH (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 16, 2016
Supervise transportation staff, including full responsibility for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, interviewing, hiring and training of staff members. Coordinate daily scheduling and job assignments. Enter all inter-departmental work orders. Enter reports and miscellaneous data into computer. Assist with monthly operations reports. Track and expedite preventive and corrective maintenance on all busses.
Hertz Penskie
Truck Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle Pike MechanicsburgApril 3, 2016
I lo ved working there too. I picked up trucks from vendors and brought them in for servicing and I washed them and took them back to the vendors. I would pick up the rental trucks and bring them in from other rental sites and clean them up and then give them to the mechanics. I learned how to drive a bob tail a tractor and how to hook them up and park them. I drove them all over the place.
Pros
I learned a lot there
Cons
some things don't go the way you want.
Enthusiastic, Fast Paced, Team Oriented
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2016
My typical day included a 1 - 2 hour phone block focused on reaching out to potential new customers to schedule a meeting, 2 pre-set appointments and 10 cold calls (door to door) to businesses surrounding my appointments. Afternoons consisted of data entry and following up with customers. I had multiple sales and management trainings at our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA where I learning fantastic sales techniques and communication skills. My management team and coworkers were supportive and the company atmosphere promoted team building and communication. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and solving problems for new businesses every day. Each day was unique and educational.
Solid company with concrete system in place
Diesel Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 17, 2016
Opportunities are available for growth as long as you are willing to wait for your turn with seniority. The union system of seniority works well overall, but can sometimes be detrimental to employees that are more qualified but do not have a high level of seniority. Work pace is consistent, you rarely have upper management stressing you out to finish repairs and all around tasks are completed in a timely manner. They also have great training opportunities for those who are self motivated to do so, which is readily available.
Pros
Career Training, and advancement, unionized
Cons
Most skilled/ qualified employees wont always see promotions which they are capable of
Great Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCApril 26, 2016
Fun high paced job that rewards for hard work and dedication. We operate for a Automobile manufacturer by planning and processing freight to deliver on time. Only down side is this is a contract job. Great benefits and work life balance. I would highly recommend anyone thinking about Penske to join the team.
Pros
Pay, Work life Balance, Benefits
Cons
Contract employment
Poor on boring processes / Lost paper work.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2016
Filled paper work stating my disability prior to getting hired. Got hired and asked about the paper work more than once and was told that it would be processed properly. Even went and fill out other paper work optioning to disability and was told it would be worked out.
After 74 days of work i was terminated due to not qualifying for the job due to my disability. Was told by upper management that the paper work was never submitted.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Productive environment with multinationamployees
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 16, 2016
Very fast paced work environment. Perfect for those that hate for the day to drag on. Middle management was the best took under their wing and taught the basics and the required skills to excell. Yet with upper management it felt in order to advance it was more of a personal relationship than skill.
Pros
great workers, great hours
Cons
Needed to befriend Upper management
fun place
Forklift Operator/Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2016
Penske is a place that will push you to the limit its a place where hard workers is needed I knew when I came too Penske it was gone going to be one of the most hardest Company I ever work for but once I took the time to learn the system I became the go too guy and I be came the EMPLOYEES OF THE MONTH as so as the lead too least then 6 months i set goals save the company a lot of money
Fast paced but rewarding work environment
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 5, 2016
Working at Penske Corporation, you will be instantly entrenched into the fast paced world of truck rentals/leasing. The job is very demanding for the entirety of the work day, never a dull moment. The company is very internal focused in regards to promotion, yet often promotion requires relocation.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers, Advancement
Cons
Long days, Relocation
Just another Logistics company here today gone tomorrow
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 19, 2016
This is your typical Logistics company, short staffed, minimal pay raises, low wages, and long hours. Management is always in a state of turnover. Most of the equipment is only 5 years old, but is poorly maintained by Penske Rental. Most trucks are slip seat, with multiple drivers. They call you an Associate for a reason, as soon as they lose the contract, they are down the road, and you are looking for a job. Their customers treat you like a temporary, which technically you are. Everyone is paid the same, whether you have been with the company 1 month or 20 years.
Pros
You have a job for a while
Cons
Low pay, constantly changing management, and poor equipment
Work place and co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 10, 2016
Before clocking in, review vehicles assigned to schedule and determine priorities. Clock in, inspect, repair, maintain the vehicles, and report any discrepancies found and suggest method of repair. Clean shop area after each task and at the end of the day. Time management, team work, ask if unsure, assist when needed, multiple DOT policies, Take pride in your work and represent your employers to the highest standard possible. Management is knowledgeable and helpful. My co-workers are as well knowledgeable, helpful, and approachable. Unexpected events that occur during maintenance and repairs that require the vehicle to be on deadline longer. The most enjoyable part is having a vehicle completed and the customer leaving satisfied.
Pros
Knowledgeable, helpful, and experienced staff
It was a good company to work at and the management and co-workers where helpful.
Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 17, 2016
I would load or unload trucks, I would place product into inventory in the warehouse and I would stage product for shipment, I learn the different skills it took using a clamp truck to load or unload trucks.The hardest part of the job where very long hours every week. I liked working with my co-workers and management.
Pros
It was an enjoyable place to work, co-workers and management where very helpful.
Cons
extremely long hours every week.
A Good to place to work
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Getting hired at Lexus of stevens creek is not an easy feat. It took about a month and a half to get through the background checks and interviews. I consider myself lucky to have gotten in, that being said. Working for Lexus of stevens creek as an hourly worker is work, they don't take well to ideal bodies. I have learned so much while working here and, for the most part, I have no issues with management or my co-workers both of which are very supportive and friendly. The hardest part of my job is getting through the 10hr shifts other than that I enjoy what I do and look forward to advancement even if it's a long road ahead.
Pros
Good benefits, Catered Events, Great Co-workers
good company to work for
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2016
Penske is a good ethical company to work for , they treat employee's well, a typical day for me consists of scheduling work for tech,s , dealing with customers needs
my managers are good and understand what needs to be done on a daily basis , hardest part of my job is balancing the needs of my techs with the need of our company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
none really
Commission Only, not as good as it seems.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I sold over $350,000 of vehicles and made an average of $100 per sale, while averaging a 60+ hour work week. There is a minimum quota to make on selling at least 12 new cars (management would give customers lowest prices = low commission) before you are allowed to sell used cars (significantly higher commission). By the time you sold the 12 new cars your month was almost up. Not worth my time nor worth the money.
Pros
Cons
No decent commission on cars
regional manager was great
Shipper Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 6, 2016
• Tasked to grow a new start up Brokerage office for the Southwest Region.
• Secured backhauls for our Dedicated Fleets to maximize the revenue and to exceed the backhaul guarantee with the customers. Exceeded annual commitment with a new fleet and new customer in half the required time.
• Procured brokerage only customers while growing the current external carrier base.
• Worked closely with the billing department by providing all required paperwork for accurate and timely billing
Extensive and strenuous physical labor with ability to earn incentive.
Selector of Product for Kroger (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 6, 2016
Every day is move as fast as you can the whole day. I lift any where from 110 pound boxes to 5 pound boxes and move any where from 30,000 to 50,000 pounds a day in total. I learned how to work efficiently, multi-task, and to think ahead to the next outcome. Most of my co-workers are multi-cultured, multilingual, and come from all different walks of life and location. Work to life balance is very difficult in this job because management can revoke your days off resulting in working months at a time without a single day off. The most enjoyable part of this job is the amount of money I can make due to the incentive and the harder I work the more I can make. This allows rewards in the form of incentive for the employees that work harder and faster.
Pros
Decent healthcare and good pay
Cons
Days off aren't guaranteed
Horrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 17, 2016
I had worked through a temp service as a driver and was hired on full time. A month later I was told I had lied on my application by not disclosing accidents on my record and when I pulled my MVR, DAC, and CSA there was no accidents on any of them. I fought to get the job back and was told no because another company said I had accidents so Penske said I still lied.
Lead/Technician (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Penske, willingness to train as much as you can handle. The people are second to none when it comes to professionals.

The disconnect between management and blue collar workers can create a toxic environment. If you are starting out the work hours suck. Also no compassion for the family.
Pros
Work, taining
Pag one of the best company's to work for!
Detailer upholstery specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for alot of dealerships in the late past years,By far these past 3 yrs working as a detailer a "position that nobody wants" this company is one of the best companies to work for,Give your self a chance,If you're not happy with your position penske offers cool advancement opportunities,Relocation and good benefits. We live in the land of opportunity theres advancement all over give your self a chance with penskeYou can't climb the ladder of success with your hands on your pocket.
Awesome people
Awesome company
Pros
Normal lunches good lunch
Cons
no pressure take your time