Penske

Penske Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, often stressfull job with lots of opportunity!
Rental Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches often, fun fast paced work environment, ability to build relationships with many people, decent pay with lots of opportunity
Cons: Short or no Breaks, Understaffed, Lack of equipment to accomplish your goals
Overall a great company to work for if you prove you are a valuable asset! If you are part time or not able to keep up, expect to be let go when business slows down!
Free Lunches often, fun fast paced work environment, ability to build relationships with many people.
Short or no Breaks, Understaffed, Lack of equipment to accomplish your goals
Excelent company to work for.
Shared Services Benefits Representative (Current Employee), Reading, PAAugust 27, 2015
Very pleased with my current position but would like to expand my career and move forward. My current job has given me the opportunity to excel in many aspects and learned to provide excellent customer service by applying my knowledge in this field. Even, when it can be overwhelming at times, I manage to keep cool and provide solutions to our clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction to know I'm helping our associates understand the product and business we provide.
Interesting and fun place to work
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 25, 2015
Great team of people to work with. Good work/life balance and company culture fosters an open dialogue between employees and management.
No integrity
Parts Clerk/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good wages and benefits
Cons: Management has no integrity, female employees are undermined and given lesser titles and compensation.
Management constantly changed the rules. Has no respect or consideration for the employee. They are petty, arrogant and have no integrity. Upper Management needs an overhaul in the district.
Best part of the job
Clamp Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2015
The pay was decent at this position and the opportunity for overtime were the best things about this position. The hours were also very good. I would like to find a position that allows for overtime.
Not a good place to work for very disorganized and no communication
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 21, 2015
Pros: I get to be outside all day and enjoy a beautiful day of sun or snow, while i meet different people of all cultures and diversity
Cons: not good vehicles to drive and not maintained well
A day at work is always interesting because you don't know whats going to happen next.

I learned that people do love this service and i think is a great service.

The management is horrible they don't communicate with you to let you know whats going on, they make changes without your knowledge. very unprofessional, no communication, they don't listen to anything drivers have to say about an issue or a problem and they don't care if a truck is unsafe to drive therefore they don't care about the safety of the drivers at all. They just tell you o well you gonna have to deal with it even though is illegal do operate a truck that has serious problems.

The co-workers are overall very good hard working people even though 1-2 of them don't have honesty and are lazy

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unattended vehicles that have problems, and a office management who doesn't care about anything you say.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that i deliver to the disabled, impaired, and the elderly, i love the fact that i'm able to help people and i get to meet and learn so much from every person i deliver to. That's why i like doing customer service and delivery jobs because i get to meet a lot of good folks.
Excellent 3PL provider, many promising accounts & opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 21, 2015
Great business structure, consistent up to date tech hardware & systems. Training opportunities, management support & global presence help to make Penske Logisitcs a place to grow
productive
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: Treat people with no respect. always get wrote up for nonsense things
management team. don't stick up for the guys on the floor. employees are high school kids. always look over your shoulder. Customers and vendors run the shop. to many nosey people.
Great company with great advancemt
Customer Service/ Maintenance Complaint Specialist (Current Employee), Reading, PAAugust 18, 2015
This company is a great company to work for and they provide great benefits and plenty of room for advancement. Everyone is very helpful and positive. They care about their employees as well as their customers. I have
13 year former employee
System Analyst (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Employees, Pay, Vacation
Cons: Corp Politics
I worked out of the Corp office located in Green Hills, PA. It is a typical corporate culture with your typical corporate politics. If you apply yourself you can be successful and get promoted from within. A lot of employees are there for a long time, like 35 years or more. The company is secure and the benefits are pretty decent. I feel the pay is also fair for the area. I would recommend working at Penske. During my 13 year career, I was promoted 3 times. I resigned after 13 years because I got tired of the commute.
can be very boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 13, 2015
nice people to work with. the supervisors are really nice. can somtimes be slow and challenging, but not challenging in a frstrating way. calls are listened to at all times so donrt ever slipp up. have to call all leads in the small ones that wont make you really any money
Stable work with stable pay
Service Dept employee (Current Employee), MinnesotaAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Stable work, stable income
Cons: Too much work and not enough pay.
Company has lots of work for you to do...and then some. The issue is that pay is not commensurate to all the work they give you. Very hard to get laid off or fired, but also very hard to make any money regardless of how hard you work.

If you take a job here, don't volunteer too much as your raises/bonuses won't be high enough to justify your performance.
Fast paced work environment with the ability to cross train in several areas of operations and customer service.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Carrollton,TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Discount on rental trucks.
Cons: Heavy workload.
Penske will challenge your ability to multitask and manage tasks while providing exceptional customer service. This company has great benefits and pays well. Penske will test your business still in several areas and require you to be cross trained in several areas to better your ability to easily transfer to an area that best suits you.
productive ,Ok place to work at
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Hickory, NCAugust 9, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: have 15 minut brakes when needed
its a nice to work, coworker's are nice to work with has good benefits learn some thing every day with new vehicles been with Penske for 16 years so i don't think it's not a bad place to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Harahan, LAAugust 5, 2015
I love working at Penske. It has been a dream come true since the very beginning. The managers and higher ups are all extremely nice and helpful.
A good company with a lot of room for advancement.
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 4, 2015
A good, fair company where you have to start at the bottom, but are allowed plenty of opportunity to prove yourself. There is a lot of room for growth.
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, PAAugust 3, 2015
people are nice, boss treat you good its in a clean environment they give you good breaks. it has 2 shifts night day. clean bathrooms and good pay and bonuses
easy environment
Installer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2015
love this workplace self starting meeting new and different people everyday traveling all over houston and surrounding areas and installing appliances
Learning Experience
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), East Greenville, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: 4 days off
Cons: Week end shift
Penske taught me a lot of ways to grow with a company. I went from hand loading trucks to supervising the warehouse. I learned a lot how to manage people and team building.
Forklifting
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Whitestown, INJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch
Cons: There wasn't any. Loved this job they just relocated to illnois
Typical work day would come in do your safety check on your forklift then ride down to main office of the building and pick up your picking sheets of what needs to be picked on the forklift and take it to the docks safely and wrap your picked items and send them out.
Headquarters