Penske Employee Reviews in United States

This is a happy place to work. Co-workers are happy to be there.
Employee Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 25, 2016
This is a huge auto dealership location. It is constantly busy and there are hundreds of employees onsite and hundreds more offsite. I worked with lots of employees assisting them in achieving the required training for all employees.
The hardest part of this job for me was the drive home home in the evening which often was 1.5-2hrs long. After years of this I needed relief and sought employment closer to home.
Good company
HICKER (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 22, 2016
Good staff,and managers never had a problem with the company, well maintan facility. The only con is wish they paid attention to all employees instead of managers and sales eam.
Very productive
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 20, 2016
When clocked in, that is a time to work and hustle to make yourself and your teammates better. I have learned a lot in the few jobs that I've had. Crazy to say, but i have had some really great managers that have thought me so much and managers who just didn't care for what they are doing. I do get along with all of my co-workers and i try to keep that relationship with every one.The best part of the job is helping others accomplish there dreams while building mine.
Pros
Getting to see the business word in another prospective.
Cons
More than 130 hours
Wouldn't entertain the thought of working here.
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 19, 2016
Bad management, sketchy co-workers. Horrible training that left you feeling that you were out on an island, if you even want to call that "training." Management that was aware of troubles prior to me working there, however left the troubled employee(s) with too much leverage to actually punish them correctly, which left the company in a bad spot to enforce rules for conduct.
Pros
Pay, work schedule.
Cons
Coworker's attitudes. Management not performing shrewdly, leaving some of their workers with too much leverage. Not the greatest environment.
Terrible Management
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2016
They hire inexperienced, unqualified "yes men" to do their bidding and give the direct supervisors little or no power but pass all the blame on them. They do not set clear goals or address issues head on. Little or no training provided other than "read this and we'll get back to you."
Cons
great place to work and grow as a professional
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2016
great place to work with very corporate driven culture, must be willing to move to continue growth. opportunities are unlimited
productive busy work place
technin (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJuly 12, 2016
Penske is a productive work place run by lazy management, pay was excellent but nothing was awarded or even recognized for going above and beyond, all and all the management and the workers were constantly butting heads.
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
vactaion time, managment and laziness
Don't apperciate employees
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2016
They find a favorite and make sure that person get promoted no matter what they did.

The expectation is unreasonable and they want you to work off days and evenings even after work a 10+ hour day
really good job
Fueler/Washer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 7, 2016
all the technicians and supervisors are really nice
best instructors. most dificult part of the job was washing trucks in different climates
productive and fun place to work for great people and menagers.
Tech mechanic / customer service (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 4, 2016
Great place a lot of opportunity and very good people that want you to reach your goals in life. They will teach you if you really want to learn and grow your skills in diesel filled. A lot of work always busy always trucks coming in and out very fast world flow. they provide your own tools and pay for your schooling and to get your certificates.
Pros
Union
Cons
have to start from the grave yard shift.
Overall good place to work
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
On a typical day I help with lot management to include inventory operations, vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, vehicle merchandising and display, vehicle transportation, vendor relationships and lot / building image and maintenance.
Pros
free lunch if you work Saturdays, paid holidays
Cons
havent received a raise since i was hired in Sept 2014
drive.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 30, 2016
enjoyed the customer, and learning new diverse areas of delivery, and applying them to my continued job duties. negative to job was the outside world drivers,"there are some crazy drivers out on these roads." be safe.
Pros
simple work, not to much stress, nice people ( customers), and Walmart workers.
Cons
lack of hours to meet benefits expectations for usage. major -
good for first job
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAJune 30, 2016
Was a nice experience after college as my first job. People were great, learned a lot in my short time there. Got really bored with my job though, very repetitive, and wasn't really given a chance to move to a different job within the company, so I was sort of stuck. That's why I left.
Pros
well respected company, good people, job security seems ok
Cons
limited insurance options, uptight culture
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Tech 3 mechanic - Preventive Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
As a low level tech at this particular location you have free range. Your main job is to complete PMs. Once you compete PMs (the main focus) you can complete the repairs as you see fit or send the write-ups to the level 2 tech. Whatever you decide to do make it a habit. The management will expect you to keep up that work ethic and assign you jobs with the expectation of you to constantly complete that level of work.
Pros
learn everything you can
Cons
No one can teach you the correct way to do a PM in the time given.
Opportunity for advancement, positive work environment. luxury cars.
Executive Assistant for the Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2016
Opportunities...Began my career as the ambassador. Within 3 short months, I was promoted to manager of ambassador's of 7 dealerships. By 12 month's, I was promoted to Executive Assistant to AVP. I was proud to work for Penske Automotive for their reputation in providing excellent customer service.
I consider myself to be poised, professional and approachable. I posses excellent administrative functions.
Knowledge of computer operations including all Microsoft Office applications, proprietary software systems and Internet research.
My hours are flexible, including nights and weekends.
Pros
Positive Reputation in related fields.
Cons
Travel
Batavia location has a constant turnover of employees
Prefer not to answer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 28, 2016
What an absolute horrible place to work for....management is dishonest and crooked....good hardworking people or let go and they go through temp agencies to hire bodies to do the work and some don't last on there first day past lunchtime....favoritism...if you are not in the Kim click you have no job security....how can one expect to work at a place that has to constantly tell employees to keep doors locked because yet another fired ex-employee has made threats to supervisors there. I don't think all facilities are like the Batavia one...someone really needs to take a look at how they run things there.. hard work, lower wages than the standards and absolutely no job security whatsoever especially if you are not a member of Kims family or one of her friends....
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
Back breaking hard work mandatory overtime work people like slaves
Unproductive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 27, 2016
Delayed process on getting desired training, guidelines not followed, unethical activity going on with management, not very flexible with hours or days off
avoid this place
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2016
Mangers are cluless as what going on in department chase off good help to hire cheeper help No one really cares if you work hard or dont
Pros
Cons
poor managers people who do poor work advance
A solid company to work for
District Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2016
Penske is a great company to work for. It can be demanding at times, and the work/life balance can be tough at times. It's very diverse and hard work gets noticed.
Pros
Internal promotions, Job security
Cons
work/life balance, Micromanagement
Fun
MT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2016
great company to work for should be a good stepping stone for all applicants. Learned a lot from this company and will always say good things.