Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

Highly collaborative work environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 14, 2014
The are many challenges in Penske which is a positive. No day is the same. Our culture is changing to be more of a collaborative atmosphere, also a plus. This gives us a competitive advantage and fosters new ideas. This is a good company and there is a lot of opportunity to grow.
Good people
Shift Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INApril 11, 2014
My co workers are very pleasant and fun to work with. The management team is always there with advice. It is a busy facility and there is always work to be done.
productive place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: get educated while you work
Cons: no ac in shop l.o.l.
very nice place to work. even though it may be rough, you get the proper training you need.
Productive Work place
CSR (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTApril 7, 2014
Get to work and start filling up trucks and washing, Management was very nice and easy to work with, my co-workers were great workers and nice to get along with, the hardest part of the job would be when the pervious shift would slack off and I would have to make up for it. The most enjoyable part would be when we would all have a night shift bbq.
PM Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: 2nd shift
The people are great and work is done on computer timed basis. keeps you motivated and time goes by fast. I learned how to perform maintenance on tractors and trailers. The summers are hot and the winters are cold there. Much hotter inside during the summer.The weather just made it a challenge and that was good.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 5, 2014
Enjoyed work but didn't like that the company moved with little notice
Specific to my location
Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, AL.April 2, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: work/life balance
There was no work/life balance. Managers are required to work long hours and be on call for 24 hours.
Productive and Great People Best Job Ever
Lead Tech 1 Master Level (Current Employee), Chino, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work
I always look forward to going to work, I usually get there early to open the shop and start the air compressor, I check the shop notes on the computer Daily Planner from the previous shift to find out the status of any units in the shop or of any parts on order. I proceed to check the job assignments usually set up by the Service Manager. I also check – more... with the Service Manager to check on any special projects or assistance he may need before starting my first assigned job. A great place to work always something new and different to do. Penske has a very Good Online Training Programs and Techinican Certification ASE Programs with Completion Bonuses. – less
A very good place to work.
Rental Sales Representative (Former Employee), Upstate South CarolinaMarch 26, 2014
Spent most days cold calling on businesses.I also spent a lot of time managing accounts to keep them.
Very professional company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 25, 2014
Set route knowing what to expect each and every day. Management very professional and decisive.
Serving two masters
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2014
Pros: day shifts
Cons: 24 hour on call
My job for Penske was very intriguing, educational, and demanding.
As to pleasing two masters. Working as a Penske employee was very rewarding at times. But I found out that did not always satify the need s of the client contract. I was required to save the client money in their transportation budget. Unfortunately, my duties also conflicted with my – more... responsibilities. – less
Rental Representative
Rental Representative (Current Employee), Green Hills, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits
Cons: advancement
Good company to work for. Little opportunity to advance without a degree.
Busy atmosphere but satisfying work
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 16, 2014
Cons: 24/7 on call
The typical day to day is very busy. I am generally the only one working the rental department so there tends to be high daily stress. I have learned to monitor and work well independently under this pressure. Good company to work for altogether, very large company with plenty of room to move within it. My only issue is that I cannot find myself being – more... passionate about trucks.

The management has been very helpful along the way and they are great people to work for.

My professional passion is marketing however, so I would like to find myself in an internet marketing field or a market research position. – less
Fast paced place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Lockbourne, OHMarch 13, 2014
I love the excitement of being able to multitask. It makes my days move quickly when there is so much to do. Always keeps me on my toes.
A Day In The Life of A Senior Rental Representative
Senior Rental Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia,PAMarch 1, 2014
A typical day at work for this company consists of working the rental counter and performing the day to day tasks such as scheduling reservations for both household and commercial truck rental customers. Answering phones, qualifying the call, and going above and beyond in order to earn the business or customers is one of the most important if not THE – more... most important part of the job. Other duties include coordinating with other locations and district hiking coordinators in terms of scheduling and moving equipment from location to location in order to fill customer reservations. Fleet management and preventative maintenance coordination are another daily component for this position. In addition, performing inbound and outbound inspections on rental equipment on rental trucks ranging from cargo vans all the way up to tandem axle sleeper. Cleaning the equipment and getting them up to company standards is also required. – less
Logistics
SALES & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (SOM) (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FLMarch 1, 2014
Manage/Balance large extensive inventory/fleet of world class/nationally recognized vehicles to meet and exceed productivity, profitability, customers’ expectations/satisfaction in a fast-paced dynamic workspace.
Great place to work People are wonderful
Shop Administrator / Billing Corranditor (Former Employee), Earth City, MOFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Best place ever always a pleasure to go to work, enviroment and fellow employees
Preventative Maintenance
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: managed to accommodate to my school schedule
Cons: union shop lowest senority.
Steam clean engine and frame. Provide a 120 point inspection. Check tires lights power train components check fluids etc
3rd Party Logistics
General Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility to manage the business
Cons: change managment.
As a General Manager, a typical day would involve daily interactions with associates, customers, and team members to ensure on-time, safe deliveries in the most efficient manner.

Responsibilities would include building partnerships to grow the top line business revenue, seek means of driving cost out of the business creating business strategy plans – more... with measurement through Key indicators.

Penske possess a strong management team with emphasis on customer retention. The atmosphere is one of "family" oriented.

The hardest part of being a General Manager is driving change in a fast manner. Whether it is changing internally or soliciting customer by-in for change.

What I enjoy most in the Penske culture is the flexibility. – less
Ok at best
Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: an hour total break for a 12-14 hour shift. horrible management and disciplinary action
A typical day of work for me consists of extreme communication between myself and superiors, more than half of the time just reporting incoming and or missed appointments as well as inventory adjustments. I learned how to drive a Reach truck very very well there, which was something I really wanted to do. The management is terrible. The General Manager – more... has thrown things at employee vehicles, cursed at them, cursed at incoming delivery drivers and nothing was ever done. The supervisors spend most of their time in their offices, never witnessing the majority of what was happening on the floor of the warehouse. Co-workers were often left to figure things out on their own due to minimal supervision or direction from supervisors. This was the hardest part of the job. The easiest part of the job was actually Receiving the loads and doing the paperwork. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more