Penske Employee Reviews

Just another Logistics company here today gone tomorrow
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 19, 2016
This is your typical Logistics company, short staffed, minimal pay raises, low wages, and long hours. Management is always in a state of turnover. Most of the equipment is only 5 years old, but is poorly maintained by Penske Rental. Most trucks are slip seat, with multiple drivers. They call you an Associate for a reason, as soon as they lose the contract, they are down the road, and you are looking for a job. Their customers treat you like a temporary, which technically you are. Everyone is paid the same, whether you have been with the company 1 month or 20 years.
Pros
You have a job for a while
Cons
Low pay, constantly changing management, and poor equipment
A Good to place to work
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Getting hired at Lexus of stevens creek is not an easy feat. It took about a month and a half to get through the background checks and interviews. I consider myself lucky to have gotten in, that being said. Working for Lexus of stevens creek as an hourly worker is work, they don't take well to ideal bodies. I have learned so much while working here and, for the most part, I have no issues with management or my co-workers both of which are very supportive and friendly. The hardest part of my job is getting through the 10hr shifts other than that I enjoy what I do and look forward to advancement even if it's a long road ahead.
Pros
Good benefits, Catered Events, Great Co-workers
Pag one of the best company's to work for!
Detailer upholstery specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for alot of dealerships in the late past years,By far these past 3 yrs working as a detailer a "position that nobody wants" this company is one of the best companies to work for,Give your self a chance,If you're not happy with your position penske offers cool advancement opportunities,Relocation and good benefits. We live in the land of opportunity theres advancement all over give your self a chance with penskeYou can't climb the ladder of success with your hands on your pocket.
Awesome people
Awesome company
Pros
Normal lunches good lunch
Cons
no pressure take your time
good company to work for
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2016
Penske is a good ethical company to work for , they treat employee's well, a typical day for me consists of scheduling work for tech,s , dealing with customers needs
my managers are good and understand what needs to be done on a daily basis , hardest part of my job is balancing the needs of my techs with the need of our company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
none really
Urania La. Contracted account
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Urania, LANovember 23, 2015
When I applied the ad read 1125.00 per week 6 days on 2 days off.
Assigned truck with slip seat , since the start of the job I have work 6 days maybe 3 full weeks. An was told the only way to make the 1125.00 I had to work 7&1 ! Management her lack communication , it is like a power struggle with them. Policy an procedures you have to sign an be threatened with write ups an loss of job.. Favorites if your not a fav you do not work! In the past month driver score cards came out I had 854 miles while other had 1900-2500 miles!
If you have a good job DONT leave it for this one you will be sorry! Everything gets swept under the rug policy mean nothing,EEOE I think not at least not in uraniala!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of steady work management plays favorites will not compensate for being on call
Really good company...just don't get hurt on job
Local Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJNovember 23, 2015
Worked on the WaWa account hand loading and unloading 38-48ft.trailer each night then delivering 10-13 stores each night. Pay was excellent(75-80,000 first year) and benefits were very good. But worked all Holidays including Christmas and had split days off. Very physical job. I hurt my shoulder one morning and OPS supervisor looked me in the eye and said he didn't believe me from behind his desk where he sat all day. Then Penske had a strange policy of putting you on probation if you got injured. So i hired a lawyer and got a settlement. If that policy didn't exist i would have returned to the job.
Pros
Pay and benefits and people
Cons
Policy of putting injured workers on probation
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Good place to start your career as an entry level professional out of college. Good opportunity for advancement, secure, and good benefits. Sometimes long hours/weekends, but that's to be expected. Good culture.
New dealership
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 20, 2016
As with most auto dealerships very long weeks. Unlike most dealerships a very decent management team. Penske Chevrolet only keeps those willing to put in the long hours required to sell there vehicles.
Pros
Decent overall compensation
Cons
Very long hours
it was a great place to get some experience.
diesel technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 10, 2016
penske was a good place to get the experience i needed to move up to a better paying job with good benifits. the people i worked with were always willing to teach me what they knew and help me in any way possible.
Pros
learing opportunities
Cons
distance from home
Very solid career
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2016
This was a very good place to get hired. They have great benefits. they will teach you to work in more than just one area of the warehouse.
Pros
Great learning, Hour long lunch, Good benefits, 401k, Insurance
Penske Logistics is a 3rd party company that only services the logistics of corporations.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2015
Everything described in the hiring post for this location (Cardinal Health) there's a a lot of red tape not being told. If your one to be sold that you can own the world by all means Do Apply! Don't get me wrong, the driver position is a steady job, you'll get ur hours, (40 hr work week) but don't expect to make it rich here (penske mgmt micromanages your work hours). The benefits are pretty good, the healthcare is affordable if ur single. The 4 day work week is catchy, but there's only 2 shifts (12AM-2AM & 4PM-6PM) All the equipment (electric jacks, manuel jacks, hand trucks, tractors, trailers etc..) is shared between the AM PM drivers so your not guaranteed a fully charge electric jack apon starting ur shift. Penske Logistics is a 3rd party service. The work here is not hard general lifting, pulling and pushing. The stress-related part is when the warehouse crew fails to properly wrap pallets and all trailers are preloaded. Since penske is only in charge of the logistics side, penske can only ask the warehouse mgmt to address the same repeated nuisance. Basically everyone here is just a number.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Pay, mgmt
Good pay but very stressful
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2016
Employees constantly afraid of termination. shifts would be extended without warning by 2-4 hours mandatory. Reliable 6 days of work. Co-workers personality were great, real salt of the earth workers. Learned many skills for using time wisely.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benifits, High turn over rate
Solid company with concrete system in place
Diesel Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 17, 2016
Opportunities are available for growth as long as you are willing to wait for your turn with seniority. The union system of seniority works well overall, but can sometimes be detrimental to employees that are more qualified but do not have a high level of seniority. Work pace is consistent, you rarely have upper management stressing you out to finish repairs and all around tasks are completed in a timely manner. They also have great training opportunities for those who are self motivated to do so, which is readily available.
Pros
Career Training, and advancement, unionized
Cons
Most skilled/ qualified employees wont always see promotions which they are capable of
Management Trainee
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
Fun place with supportive management. Always willing to work with you on your schedule, and assign new tasks. Get to know a different kind of customer base. The company is all about promoting, if you're willing to relocate, promotions will happen a lot faster.
Pros
40 hours a week, benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Working some weekends, long hours at some points, can be stressful at times
enjoyed employees and employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Releave an employee for the day. Check all rental orders. Assure all trucks are up to regulation and clean. Hardest part of the work day is staying busy with little to no work. Enjoyable part of the day are the people I work with.
Pros
1 hour lunch
benefits
good company to work for
quality supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 7, 2016
excellent environment, good benefits, but i was a salary base, had to stay for long period and did not pay overtime.
you learn a lot of process working there but i resign because i started my own business, overall its a good place to work...
Unorganized, corrupt, stressful work environment.
C Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2015
Penske itself as a whole is probably a great company to work for but in the Indianapolis area not s much. The management is very unorganized and unapproachable. If there is a problem you are better off keeping it to yourself. I the short time I worked there I experienced more drama and corruption than any of my previous jobs combined. Aside from all of that the pay is very good as are the benefits.
Pros
Benifits, Pay
Cons
Management, time off, hours
Bad Place to work
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 1, 2016
Management does not care out you and constanly writes you up over nothing serious. Top management sets un realistic goals that will never be met. Pay isnt all that great no increase in wages. You are timed and work very long hours.
Pros
co workers
Cons
long hours and timed
Money is Great; Not family-friendly; Extremely Stressful
Consumer Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company for the most part. Busy season (spring and summer) can push people over the edge. I've witnessed several people cry at work--one complete melt down. Management gives unrealistic goals and mostly will not alter after discussing. COMPANY IS NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Best part was the co-workers and the fast pace. Working there was like playing a constant game of tetris.
Pros
Great benefits especially PTO, Quick advancement (2 years per position)
Cons
Not family-friendly, HR does not follow-up in a timely manner, Extremely stressful during busy season, Different managment levels are not on the same page regarding goals or how to achieve them
Think twice not all it's cracked up to be ....
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIAugust 22, 2016
Just started the Chesterfield warehouse, think twice about applying. Management talks down to you. In orientation they make it sound like Penske is such a great company to work for, not true !! Management sets unrealistic goals, they expect the world from you, feels like they run the place like a boot camp. Count on the warehouse getting very warm. No air, No fans, doors are always closed because there's food in the warehouse. If it's 90 out count on the warehouse being over 100 degrees.

If you do get a job there count on barely able to walk out of there after a shift.... That 4 days 10 hrs is BULLSH*T ... Steer clear of this place at all cost.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unrealistic goals, management is a joke