Penske Employee Reviews in United States

This is a happy place to work. Co-workers are happy to be there.
Employee Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 25, 2016
This is a huge auto dealership location. It is constantly busy and there are hundreds of employees onsite and hundreds more offsite. I worked with lots of employees assisting them in achieving the required training for all employees.
The hardest part of this job for me was the drive home home in the evening which often was 1.5-2hrs long. After years of this I needed relief and sought employment closer to home.
Bad Experience
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHAugust 26, 2016
Let's see, I went through 2 GM's in 6 months and several sales managers. This company has no concern about their employees and they made it evident by a drastic pay plan cut that sent a lot of guys out of the business. There was always terrible morale there and the managers except for one, would condescend most of the sales team when they are working hard trying to close a customer. I would never work for Penske in any position again.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, poor pay, instability at all levels
Think twice not all it's cracked up to be ....
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIAugust 22, 2016
Just started the Chesterfield warehouse, think twice about applying. Management talks down to you. In orientation they make it sound like Penske is such a great company to work for, not true !! Management sets unrealistic goals, they expect the world from you, feels like they run the place like a boot camp. Count on the warehouse getting very warm. No air, No fans, doors are always closed because there's food in the warehouse. If it's 90 out count on the warehouse being over 100 degrees.

If you do get a job there count on barely able to walk out of there after a shift.... That 4 days 10 hrs is BULLSH*T ... Steer clear of this place at all cost.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unrealistic goals, management is a joke
Money is Great; Not family-friendly; Extremely Stressful
Consumer Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company for the most part. Busy season (spring and summer) can push people over the edge. I've witnessed several people cry at work--one complete melt down. Management gives unrealistic goals and mostly will not alter after discussing. COMPANY IS NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Best part was the co-workers and the fast pace. Working there was like playing a constant game of tetris.
Pros
Great benefits especially PTO, Quick advancement (2 years per position)
Cons
Not family-friendly, HR does not follow-up in a timely manner, Extremely stressful during busy season, Different managment levels are not on the same page regarding goals or how to achieve them
Wouldn't entertain the thought of working here.
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 19, 2016
Bad management, sketchy co-workers. Horrible training that left you feeling that you were out on an island, if you even want to call that "training." Management that was aware of troubles prior to me working there, however left the troubled employee(s) with too much leverage to actually punish them correctly, which left the company in a bad spot to enforce rules for conduct.
Pros
Pay, work schedule.
Cons
Coworker's attitudes. Management not performing shrewdly, leaving some of their workers with too much leverage. Not the greatest environment.
Very productive
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 20, 2016
When clocked in, that is a time to work and hustle to make yourself and your teammates better. I have learned a lot in the few jobs that I've had. Crazy to say, but i have had some really great managers that have thought me so much and managers who just didn't care for what they are doing. I do get along with all of my co-workers and i try to keep that relationship with every one.The best part of the job is helping others accomplish there dreams while building mine.
Pros
Getting to see the business word in another prospective.
Cons
More than 130 hours
productive and fun place to work for great people and menagers.
Tech mechanic / customer service (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 4, 2016
Great place a lot of opportunity and very good people that want you to reach your goals in life. They will teach you if you really want to learn and grow your skills in diesel filled. A lot of work always busy always trucks coming in and out very fast world flow. they provide your own tools and pay for your schooling and to get your certificates.
Pros
Union
Cons
have to start from the grave yard shift.
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Tech 3 mechanic - Preventive Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
As a low level tech at this particular location you have free range. Your main job is to complete PMs. Once you compete PMs (the main focus) you can complete the repairs as you see fit or send the write-ups to the level 2 tech. Whatever you decide to do make it a habit. The management will expect you to keep up that work ethic and assign you jobs with the expectation of you to constantly complete that level of work.
Pros
learn everything you can
Cons
No one can teach you the correct way to do a PM in the time given.
Opportunity for advancement, positive work environment. luxury cars.
Executive Assistant for the Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2016
Opportunities...Began my career as the ambassador. Within 3 short months, I was promoted to manager of ambassador's of 7 dealerships. By 12 month's, I was promoted to Executive Assistant to AVP. I was proud to work for Penske Automotive for their reputation in providing excellent customer service.
I consider myself to be poised, professional and approachable. I posses excellent administrative functions.
Knowledge of computer operations including all Microsoft Office applications, proprietary software systems and Internet research.
My hours are flexible, including nights and weekends.
Pros
Positive Reputation in related fields.
Cons
Travel
terrible ,felt like that tv show,jail
technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 8, 2016
company promoted itself great,but turn out poor,this company i learned to watch your back,give your shirt off your back for co workers and management,then get stuck in your back.hardest part of the job was walking thru the door in the morning,most enjoyable was making sure that door didn't hit me when i left,and being in the union
Pros
free lunch every now and then, dental plan ok
Cons
racist, management intimidates, terrible shifts
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day begins at 11pm at night to 4-5am,in the morning. Never have any quality time with my wife, any more. because when I'm home she is at work, and when she is home I'm at work, especially on week-ends.

I have not learn any thing different from my usual day jobs.

This is a good company to work management is ok so-far. but being a part-time employee and first time working at night, is very hard on me and my marriage.

My co-workers are ok, I haven't seen or experience anything bad about any of them, they are help-full.

The hardest part of this job is working at night.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that I'm working and I thank Penske for that, but working at night is very hard.
Productive and fun
Warehouse Associate/Part time (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 2, 2016
Receive pick/pack orders while standing for long periods of time. I've learned how to use the sit-down forklift a little more in depth. Management was a little stricken but was okay with that, co-workers were warming and social, hardest part of the job at the time was getting back and fourth to work before I received a car and loved working with my co-workers
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Heat
good for first job
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAJune 30, 2016
Was a nice experience after college as my first job. People were great, learned a lot in my short time there. Got really bored with my job though, very repetitive, and wasn't really given a chance to move to a different job within the company, so I was sort of stuck. That's why I left.
Pros
well respected company, good people, job security seems ok
Cons
limited insurance options, uptight culture
a good place to get some experience
Transportation Manager/Hiker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJune 3, 2016
Got plenty of experience and practice handling a tractor trailer, Became knowledgeable of many company locations within the tri-state area. Became very geographically knowledgeable. Also became familiar with the company equipment i handled and deliverd on a daily basis.
Pros
good people i worked with/always a little different.
Cons
Things changed at last minute. Not enough hours and no benefits.
Great environment with free lunch program!
Level Two Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day included a vast variety of troubleshooting and support. I have learned a great deal from working at Penske. The management is excellent, as well as the team I have had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part about the job was learning many new skills in the beginning. The most enjoyable part about the job was my co-workers.
Great workplace with free lunch program!
Great Place to Work
SUPERVISOR / DIESEL TECH (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 16, 2016
Supervise transportation staff, including full responsibility for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, interviewing, hiring and training of staff members. Coordinate daily scheduling and job assignments. Enter all inter-departmental work orders. Enter reports and miscellaneous data into computer. Assist with monthly operations reports. Track and expedite preventive and corrective maintenance on all busses.
Overall good place to work
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
On a typical day I help with lot management to include inventory operations, vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, vehicle merchandising and display, vehicle transportation, vendor relationships and lot / building image and maintenance.
Pros
free lunch if you work Saturdays, paid holidays
Cons
havent received a raise since i was hired in Sept 2014
drive.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 30, 2016
enjoyed the customer, and learning new diverse areas of delivery, and applying them to my continued job duties. negative to job was the outside world drivers,"there are some crazy drivers out on these roads." be safe.
Pros
simple work, not to much stress, nice people ( customers), and Walmart workers.
Cons
lack of hours to meet benefits expectations for usage. major -
Summary
Moving Advisor (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAAugust 23, 2016
I loved being a part of Penske's company. A typically work day for me as a moving advisor was speaking with customers or potential customers setting up their reservations. Some says were rough being that summer hours were extended and the calls kept coming. Sometimes we played games such as bingo to keep us motivated with long wait times.