Penske Employee Reviews

CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 19, 2017
The manager in charge of the shop would not allow me to advance. I was constantly told what an asset I was, but when I tried to step into a position of advancement, it was not allowed, even though others below me advanced constantly.
Pros
Taught me a lot
Cons
Poor healthcare
One of best places Ive ever worked.
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Driven and motivated company. Encouraging their employees for utmost service and quality. Among employees and customers. Very professional yet a sense of family out for the best for the customers.
Pros
Awesome Superiors
Cons
Lonf hours at times.
Decent company to get your foot in the door
Ordering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2017
This company is flexible with schedules and emergencies. However, there are no raises and not much room to work your way up in the company; decent benefits unless you have a family. Management prefers to be seen more as your friend than a manager.
typical day at work
Technician III (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJanuary 17, 2017
a typical day at work for me is get there thirty minutes early get changed and make sure my tool box is clean. Go to a safety team meeting get my job i am working on, then start working on it. At Penske i have learned alot. I am significantly good at coolant systems. I enjoy almost all the people i work with i have good team work skills and am willing to learn, and am smart enough to learn anything someone shows me. the most enjoyable part of the job is when i do get to lean new things, and get to apply them later on.
Pros
good people to work with, and good supervisors
Cons
repetitive work
Was a popularity contest
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER/HIKER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Another company not organized. Which is sad for a company that is global. Poorly managed. Extremely poor communication problem. They don't care about their employees as much as they want you to think. Some positions are treated as if they are expendable. No actually team work.
Pros
good place to get experience as a commercial driver
Cons
Poorly run company with bad communication issues.
xx
Area Rental Manager- Midwest Area (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Penske is a challenging yet rewarding career. It takes a certain type of person to meet the demanding schedule and the round the clock business.
Great work enviroment
Senior Rental Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working for Penske Truck Rental. Their environment is good, my co-works was like my best friend always there when we need each other. I will work there again if I ever needed to.
I live right down the road from this account...still quit!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Worked for the mattress account and was promised all these things....I lived 3 mins from it and it was the worst, never again....only made 630.00 a week after taxes.....14 yrs of driving....lol lowest paying job ever
Benefits
Cons
Cameras low pay and cameras
Good work enviornment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Nice work environment. No room for advancement. Routes assigned by bid sheets and seniority. Wages are good. Co-workers are great.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Long hours and Insurance could be better
This place is great
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2017
It's a fast paced placed to work that requires you to think on your feet. The people are great, but it can be stressful if you're not used to knowing several things going on at once.
Private Company
Lease Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2017
A generally fun culture in a very competitive industry. The company grew very fast and probably di not keep pace infrastructure standpoint. Much autonomy to be productive.
Pros
Fun Culture
Cons
A great deal of pressure.
Work is easy
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
As a Porter the job is easy to do once you get a hang of it. Co workers are friendly and always willing to help if you need it. They are also a get service center where they help you get the stuff you need done on your car.
Fast pace work invironment
Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of doing a inventory check and providing customer service. I learned that keeping a schedule makes this job a lot easier. Management was respectful and hands on with staff. My co-workers were fun and gave support where needed. The hardest part of the job was the multi tasking due to being short staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a relaxed environment.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Consumer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2017
Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license. Prepare for retail sales calls by obtaining and analyzing relevant store, product and market data and creating effective selling tools and presentations for KDM delivery during call. Review and make recommendations to the District sales manager to modify routes that maximize business efficiencies.
Great place to promote and grow with the company.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Based on my experience with this job was that I've learned basic tool knowledge and maintenance on heavy duty equipment. My co-workers were very devoted to their traits and did not hesitate to share their knowledge.
great comnpany
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 8, 2017
this is a great company to work for. if i didnt relocate I would have stayed for a long time. there are many ways to advance within the company. I would be very happy to work for them again.
ok company to work for
Assistant Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2017
If your looking for a good career at penske it all depends on who your manager is. work hard and you are rewarded. if not you are not i don,t have anything nice to say about this job right now since i was terminate wrongfully.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
wrongful termination
Work here if you hate your life.
Body shop csr (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Manager will lie to you in interview about duties you have to do never mentioned certain things to me about them and if he did I would of never left my last job.place is full of yes men and snitches worst company I've worked for.
quality training
Diesel Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Very organized and willing to train new employees to achieve their goals. The benefits package is the best in the industry with adequate time off for personal endeavors.
Truck Leasing
Management Ttrainee/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83705January 2, 2017
This job was all about logistics. Having the right people and product in place and available prior to needing them made this job difficult at first. My success came from consistent communication with internal and external customers both existing and potential.
Coming up with a winning plan meant nothing without embracing the grind to achieve it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.