Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

Best driving job I ever had,
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 23, 2015
The management team was great, The equipment was top-notch. Job assignments were good. The pay was best in the industry.
Think Twice, Horrible Management, Driver Work Relation
Trailer driver (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: everything
Beware!!!! Worked here for a few years. When given a raise, something was always taken back, so it was not a raise. 70 hour work week, for 40 hours of pay. Terrible communication between driver and management. After one month, still waiting for final wages and accumulated vacation. It's activity based pay, lot of free time given to company without pay. Some days, paid under state minimum wage. This company should be ashamed of what they are paying their drivers. Even a single guy, can't survive on this salary.
High pace work place
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Shreveport , LAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay and benifiets
Cons: no chance in advancing in this district
Started out as a real promising place to work and advance then transferred and all that changed
Bus factory
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: four day work week
Cons: not many positions
daily transportation services and customer service. Maintained all coverage for all just in time shipment into the plant. Maintained various information regarding the loading of shipments to look for opportunities for cost savings.
popularity contest
Diesel Tech 3 (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks bad management
If you would like a job at penske you better be bestfriends with all the managers because if you arent you will be treated like absolute garbage and ridiculed.
Very interesting and fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Penske Logistics provided support to General Motors in the logistical processes of parts management/inventory. The chances for advancement are high and the team oriented atmosphere make for a great place to work.
Dispatch Clerk
Lead Clerk (Current Employee), Laredo,TX.January 8, 2015
Cons: work only mon-fri.
Dispatch all Penske drivers, check their routes and times of arrival and departures. Receive trailers for inbound and outbound shipments.Answering phone calls,emails, dispatch drivers. Some data entry work, and reports for production.
Penske Transportation Management
Southeast Regional Freight Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 8, 2015
While at Penske, I was responsible for developing and managing the Truckload Brokerage Division throughout the Southeast. The job responsibilities included: managing a team of associates responsible for business development, account management, carrier sourcing, and carrier compliance. I was also involved in the integration, configuration, and implementation of the acquired TMS system that was purchased for the brokerage division.
We loaded trucks by hand.
Material Handler (Former Employee), DesotoJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: very hot in the warehouse and we didn't have many forklifts to use
I worked a 10 hour shift at Penske and we basically loading and unloading up to 4 or 5 trailers a day by hand.
productive and fun
Diesel tech (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 5, 2015
smooth work days you get to learn a lot and challenge yourself every day with new things , management isn't so great, co workers are friendly and the whole day is enjoyable.
overall the company seemed very well organized and willing to provide the tools necessary to help advance their employees.
Manager in Training/Internship (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Typical day at work started by checking truck inventory and making sure that scheduled pick up trucks were in place. Job was pretty easy once you get the hang of the different products/services available and build relationship with local businesses that rented trucks. The hardest part of the job was coping with the slow period which could be hours before any pick ups or phone quotes would come through. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and job security.
Full time accounting position
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Full time position with hours from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Offered full health benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, 401K and stock options.Good company to work for, each individual location had its own supervisor that reported to main office in Reading, PA
Penske is a great company to work for.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2015
I have worked for Penske for 8 years. I started as a temp, and was hired on full time.

I have learned about the trucking industry, and its operations.
I have had the privilege to work with one of the finest management groups. The hardest part of the job is being laid off when work gets slow. the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff I have worked with.
Great Job but Management looking to find issues that don't really exist
Will not disclose (Current Employee), Will not discloseJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: laid back atmosphere, great co workers, customers love us
Cons: breaks are not defined, management is overbearing, too many bosses that do not communicate well when sorting out issues
I actually like my job but management continues to micro manage everything. It was not like that when I first started but the management now tends to look for the smallest item to make you look like a fool. I sometimes feel like I am being treated like a child. I have been though seven managers in seven years working at PENSKE. My current DRM tends to enjoy swearing at me when it is not warranted which drives me crazy.
fun part time job
driver/hiker (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 29, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: part time
was a fun part time job great equipment good management. Would love it if it was a full time job
Very hectic
Diesel Technician Level III (Current Employee), Elmsford, NYDecember 17, 2014
My job site is very crazy. I feel like my supervisor is not in charge but the company which can get in the way of your job and his/her. depending on the work environment the techs can be very unprofessional.
Wonderful People, Crisis Management
Management and Sales Trainee (Current Employee), Romeoville, ILDecember 15, 2014
*Long hours
*Often understaffed
*Crisis Management
*Wonderful coworkers
Fast paced and challenging work environement
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLDecember 12, 2014
Penske provided the experience and advancement opportunities to gain necessary management and sales skills through their management trainee program. I worked with many types of customers throughout each day varying from million-dollar lease customers to a simple one-time household mover. I learned techniques to sell my product to each customer over the phone and in person. Working as a team with upper management and coworkers was integral to running a branch efficiently. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the logistical challenges that arose every day and the creative solutions we generated to be implemented to ensure customer satisfaction. I learned how to manage a team of employees in order for them to advance in the field while making sure their main focus was the customer experience they provided.
i love penske
Technician level 2 (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2014
I have been working for penske for more than 2 years and it has been a good place to work but i am looking to get out of being a mechanic. penske gives you all the tools you need for success.
Fair company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, GADecember 10, 2014
Great benefits and pay but they do not believe in hiring from within.

1 2 3 4 5