Penske Employee Reviews

QlikView Developer
Sr. QlikView Developer/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 26, 2016
Penske is a great place to work, the co-workers are supporters, easy to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is co-workers, the management is excellent. I would like to work here again if I get an opportunity.
productive and constantly learning
Manager of Rental Operations (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJSeptember 25, 2016
a typical day at work is usually comprised of multi tasking due to taking care of customer needs as well as ensuring your assets are properly taken care of and maintained in order to ensure a quality vehicle that can produce as much revenue as possible because if it is not creating revenue it is only incurring a depreciating expense for every second the asset is not being used. I have learned how to run a business and what it takes to work with a team in a way that makes sure everyone is on the same page because in the end our job is to take care of the person, and help them, whether its a household customer or our biggest commercial customer. Most importantly is that we need to make sure we provide the customer with an exceptional customer experience with Penske. The hardest part of my job is the logistics of procuring certain assets as efficiently as possible in order to ensure the customer is taken care of. the most enjoyable part of my day is when we come through for the customer by providing a solution that makes the customer's day better, because that is what it's all about.
Pros
benefits and opportunity to grow as well as our human capital
Cons
hours and coverage
Very family oriented company, great place to work.
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2016
This job gives great benefits and pay. You get the chance to learn so many different things, hands on. The management is great and the work environment peaceful and enjoyable to be in every day.
Pros
Understanding
Cons
Favoritism
amazing
Branch Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 17, 2016
They are always good to their employees and will promote from within if you are a hard worker. will give training if you have none and have great insurance.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Numbers drive the atmosphere
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2016
Overall a generally good company, the management is helpful in your development and driven pretty hard by numbers. You are your own driver for development and career advancement. Work hard, get rewarded.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Workload can be quite heavy
Very hard work place
Used car advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2016
Very hard work play very strict and uptight great company some great employees and good pay in a great location and good discounts
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Very strict
Variety of Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Like so many jobs in today's market, my Admin job has been ever changing. Penske has given me many chances to take on more responsibility and learn new skills. I have been allowed the freedom to create systems of checks and balances for my more complicated assignments. This has given me the opportunity to learn that I am capable of creating a system with a 99.9% success rate.
Pros
Job never got boring
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement within the Admin Dept
Very stressful place no appreciation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 8, 2016
This company is all about the retentions without giving credit to the real people who really do the work to get it there. There are no incentives, bonuses, or recognition besides just a thank you and try to get the numbers higher, they are never satisfied. Thank god no longer work there bad company to work for.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
You feel like you're in prison
It was a great place to spend my time and work with hard working individuals
Manager for Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2016
I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to work with a great team of competitive yet loving team. I had the chance to share awareness causes and launch the first dominican parade in 2013. Was honored to receive a plaque for the humaniratian work I did in my time of Toyota.
work work work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2016
the company is an awesome company to work for. the employees are nice to work with and so is the rest of the staff. benefits are really good and the pay is really competitive.
Pros
great benefits, great people
Cons
constatly changing
Fast paced working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 5, 2016
Typically your day will revolve around assisting customers with truck rentals.

Learned all about the rental/sales business.

Management was laid back.

Coworkers were easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job was being in the heat all day (summer position).

Most enjoyable thing was the job was very early in the day and had afternoons off.
Pros
Discounts on services.
Cons
Short breaks.
Good
Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2016
This website is good. A lot of different companies to chose from. I will continue to use this website. I will not use any other job website.
Bad Experience
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHAugust 26, 2016
Let's see, I went through 2 GM's in 6 months and several sales managers. This company has no concern about their employees and they made it evident by a drastic pay plan cut that sent a lot of guys out of the business. There was always terrible morale there and the managers except for one, would condescend most of the sales team when they are working hard trying to close a customer. I would never work for Penske in any position again.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, poor pay, instability at all levels
it was okay for temporary work
Customer Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  grand praire TxAugust 25, 2016
Id go back if needed. Management and leadership were not on one accord. Employees didnot enjoy coming to work because management.
Summary
Moving Advisor (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAAugust 23, 2016
I loved being a part of Penske's company. A typically work day for me as a moving advisor was speaking with customers or potential customers setting up their reservations. Some says were rough being that summer hours were extended and the calls kept coming. Sometimes we played games such as bingo to keep us motivated with long wait times.
Think twice not all it's cracked up to be ....
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIAugust 22, 2016
Just started the Chesterfield warehouse, think twice about applying. Management talks down to you. In orientation they make it sound like Penske is such a great company to work for, not true !! Management sets unrealistic goals, they expect the world from you, feels like they run the place like a boot camp. Count on the warehouse getting very warm. No air, No fans, doors are always closed because there's food in the warehouse. If it's 90 out count on the warehouse being over 100 degrees.

If you do get a job there count on barely able to walk out of there after a shift.... That 4 days 10 hrs is BULLSH*T ... Steer clear of this place at all cost.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unrealistic goals, management is a joke
Great Company to work for.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98421August 17, 2016
Great Company and people for the most part. But needed to find something that paid more money. I found a job that paid a couple dollars more an hour and gave them a two week notice.
Call center
Legendary Customer service and leadership (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 17, 2016
You need to be a good salesperson, work well under high call volume. Meet monthly goals and stay in accordance with the attendance guidelines. Be positive and out going.
Non supportive avp and cfos
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 15, 2016
If you want to work in a place where change is impossible and the People you work for only care about protecting there jobs from scrutiny then you can have a long career here.
Pros
nearly impossible to be fired
Cons
employees rule the company, you can be persecuted for trying to do your job.
not the best place to work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 13, 2016
Why not best place is because they change the shift u work with out ok it. Manger not good. Busy all the time. Fair on breaks and lunch time. Never work on the same shift to know my co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.