Penske Employee Reviews

watch your back
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2017
watch your back because if the lead men didn't like you on a personal level they will look for any little thing to try to get you fired for. they do all they can to make everyone else look bad so that they look better
Penske truck leasing
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 22, 2017
My schedule at Penske began at noon and I was responsible for delivery of tractor trailer equipment to existing and new Clients throughout Tucson and Phoenix area.I learned a great deal about the logistics involved in the company and was able to interact with all of the different levels of management while working in their customer based satisfaction based environment. Their was no real difficult part of the job I was involved in and the team work atmosphere made working their very pleasant.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
lack of pay and benefits
csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
loved working with this company. wish I could transfer to the location in montogomery al. Mangement is good always had work, not much down time. employees was always happy.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 20, 2017
I love all that I do at penske. Except the traveling as a necessity sucks. Very little work life vs family life balance. If I didn't have to travel I wouldn't even be looking. Everyone I work with are very hard workers and I appreciate that.
Pros
Mechanical challenges
Cons
Traveling as a necessity
Associates are oddly submissive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INAugust 19, 2017
This is a warehouse in Princeton, Indiana that employs a ghost crew to run an already over exhausted team schedule. The safety of this place is not paramount! And the air quality is dangerously detrimental to your health! And even worse when the crop dusters are buzzing the building in the morning, while the herbicide/pesticide is being sprayed across the street. Which creates chemical drifting strait through the building. Improper venting makes everyone have stomach cramps and no convern when it's brought up to management. People are falling ill and not knowing why. The management is lazy and incompetent. And talk down to associates like children. They only want people that are smart enough to do the "dumbed down" paperwork, but dumb enough to not put the supervisors job in jeopardy!
Pros
Employment
Cons
Ignorant management, bad conditions, poor equipment, high turnover
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 18, 2017
Good place to work. Location I am employed has improper tools for the required jobs, inadequate space to house all the technicians. There is also no roo. To grow in the service department. Only advancements in to supervision go to the rental department. All in all it is still a good place to work and build your resume if you are ok with not advancing in the company.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
No advancments into management.
Good stable company to work for
CSR/Hiker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my 3-4 years at Penske. If I could do it all over as far as an employer I would not do anything different. Good benefits and comfortable environment
Pros
Takes care of employees
Cons
Could do better work schedules, work there 3-4 years and never had the weekends off except for when i put vacation in for those days
Stepping stone
TECH III (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2017
No chance for advancement. They'll hire anyone off the street as your superior, have you train them to do their jobs, not compensate you, and allow the new idiot to treat you like a dog.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Great company
Hiker Class A (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 16, 2017
The part time Hiker position is absolutely perfect for anyone who wants to be in control of their work/life balance. Pay is only $14 an hour with no benefits, so definitely not a long term solution. This is more of a position for retired CDL holders or someone who is in school full time or has a full time job elsewhere. Overall this is a great company to work for.
Pros
You can work as many or as little hours as you'd like. You can take off anytime you want, you can take off for 2 months straight if you needed to, but it'll be unpaid.
Cons
No benefits, pay could be a little higher
great co-workers
Diesel Technician/ Mechanic III (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 16, 2017
Great co-workers, communication skills are a deficit at times with managers/supervisor, great benefits, and an accommodating/flexible team/company. Each day can be different, which can give you great opportunity to learn different tasks.

Want to know more about Penske?

Ask a question
bad ownership
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
We were told that the shop would not be closed. We came in on Monday morning and by Monday afternoon the store was permanently closed and we were all out of jobs
Maintaining A Vibrant Work Place
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 14, 2017
Keep associates engaged on a daily basis. Do not assume all associates are happy or that they have a plan. Talking with them daily will keep you as a manager informeD
Co Workers
Tech 2 Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 14, 2017
The coworkers are very cut throat and just do what ever they want. Unrelyable and No disipline for the ones who break rules, They do not Care who is where on any sch.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Driver (Current Employee) –  City torrentsAugust 11, 2017
Gente agradable, oportunidad de crecimiento y mucho más.
Pros
Tengo Kaiser permanente
Cons
Me adapto
Technicians
Diesel Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
Great Technicians to work with, due to the fact that they would teach and explain in situations, great team work and communication. I am the Tech that I am due to several Techs there.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hours, favoritism, management
Good company
tech 1 refer tech,tractor trailer mechanic,trainer (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 10, 2017
I worked for penkse, twice Texas and Nevada and would work for them again good leasing company overall honest people. Lots of work I did trucks trailer tractors liftgates refers hiked tractors back to customers yards service calls trained other techs . Management is fair and treats employees good. They try hard to hire all good people. And do. For me never a dull moment I felt my pay was a little low for my contributions but that was me not them I did not ask for a raise. They take care of their trucks employees and customers. They for most part allowed me to do my job go get parts when needed. They have reliable service trucks. Nice shops the shop I worked in had all blue snap on toolboxes. I would Recommend penske to anyone all skill levels when I was there seemed like if I could do it they would let. Shift supervisors were pretty good at grand prairie shop were I worked. Penske is great company.
Pros
They do the work
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2017
Good working conditions for the automotive sales industry. If selling cars is what you would like to try or are already doing and enjoy, this would be a great choice for you.
Pros
Respectful workplace
there was not time for taking 10 minutes brakes
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2017
somehow stressful at the start of the shift because we have to unload the food crates from the 53' footed trailer by dragging them with a hook .They are extremely heavy and many employees complain about they're backs.
Pros
some routes are nice and interesting, working nights is better.
Cons
unloading those crates and loading them into the delivery trucks
not good over all
Driver (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 8, 2017
never again would I work for them, or tell any one to go work for them. Management sucked run you like dogs then yell you ran to fast had to many hard breaks, or had a speed ticket because of it then let you go.
Pros
home every day
Cons
every thing
Great place to cut your teeth on
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
You will learn the first things you need to know about business. Will teach you P&L and customer service while managing books of lease business. For a while it was a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.