Penske

Penske United States Employee Reviews

A good place to work.
Lease Sales Representative, Branch Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons: Did not feel appreciated for the job I did.
Set up sales appointments with prospects and customers made sales calls handled any issues that might come up through out the day or week.
District Finance Manager (Current Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILMay 4, 2015
You stay busy. I have learned so much about the transportation industry.
The best part - the customers and daily challenges
Fun job to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 3, 2015
Pros: great pay, fairly easy work
Cons: not many hours available currently
This job is the funnest and easiest job I've ever worked at easily, there's lots of driving and there's physical work that I like a lot.
fun workplace
Moving Specialist (Current Employee), Reading, PAMay 1, 2015
Enjoy working with all 48 states and meeting new people on the phone. The company also compensates employees and recognizes them for the good.
good people
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Batavia, ILApril 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches at times for meeting deadlines and overall accuracy
You learn that your body can ache in so many places at once( highly physical job). Management is pretty good .Hardest part of the job is knowing your going to be doing heavy lifting throughout the day.
Great learning environment
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2015
Penske is a great place to work to be honest. They have a great training program, ways to work around sales, and various things to help you with your job.
Good Company just not for me
Rental Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Entry Level. Coworkers are fun to work with. Offers training in sales.
Cons: Work load for part-timers can make pay seen inadequate, Management is inconsistent with directions, Procedures throughout the company are inconsistent also can make job much harder than it needs to be, Promotion potential they that tell during the interviews is misleading and it is based on seniority, favoritism, and flexibility involving moving.
I started working at Penske part time while I was in college. My coworkers were a joy to work with.

After some time I realized that management lied about the potential to move up in the company. I noticed people were being promoted who really weren't qualified.

Also the work became mundane and repetitive and found myself getting bored quickly.

Overall I would recommend this company to anyone who needs a job, but I wouldn't recommend it for a career.
UNSTABLE HOURS
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Weston, FLApril 21, 2015
Working hours were too inconsistent, benefits were typical, no one to stand up for the employees. Never guaranteed 40 hours. No structure within the company.
Was an ok job but Horrible Management
Group Lead (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Pros: They gave us free coffee for like. a week.
Cons: The list is infinite.
I would constantly fix error of all the untrained temps that the management lacked to train. I would get pressured into doing more and more work that was not necessary. I've learned to tolerate the company for 3 years until they fired me for taking a smoke break. Their exact words were "stealing company time." The management itself, however, was terrible. They would always hide rarely ever on the floor with there employees, would sit around when there's work to do. As far as the people I work with great bunch of workers I wouldn't have traded them for the world. The hardest thing about the entire job would have to be taking everything on myself. Because as explained there practically was no management. In all honesty the only thing I can say about Penske that was enjoyable was the feeling you get when you get promoted. It's a feeling that you have accomplished a lot.
If not for losing local contract carriage locations, I would still be there.
Location Manager (Former Employee), Fridley, mnApril 7, 2015
Basically the same as Core-Mark Intl info that I submitted above. Penske is a good, solid company that I would return to if circumstances were correct.
Terrible work hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2015
Go to work at 2am every morning. End day in the early afternoon. No life in the evenings with family because bedtime came early. Drivers are constantly monitored with satellite.
Penske is a decent employer although...
Truck Driver Class B (Current Employee), Springfield, Ma.March 31, 2015
Pros: Good health plan
Cons: Do not expect a raise in salary. It will not happen.
As a driver, there is little room to grow as an individual. Because of their contracts with their customers you are stuck in one base pay for the duration of your time with the company. There is no chance for advancement.
union
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 29, 2015
Pros: union benifits
Cons: seniority concept the union applies
union is a plus and benifits are great. union hinders more advanced but more skilled in obtaining a better schedule because of older employees there
Great team atmosphere
Rental Representative (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Helpful service department
Cons: Saturdays alone
-Very busy work environment
-Organization skill
-Down to earth
-Helpful co-workers
-Saturdays can be exhausting
-Meeting different agents and helping them build
Good Company, Management is helpful.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix,azMarch 24, 2015
Great company with a strong dedication to delivering the best service in the market. Good benefits & pay.They offer pleanty of up to date training.
productive and exciting work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 23, 2015
Fast paced environment
dynamic work place
career opportunity and good benefits with compensation. I would recommend applying.
There is no structure inn this enviornment
Group Lead (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 23, 2015
The management team at this facility is never present and there are no consequences for lack of production. However there are really good associates in this facility.
Good team, dedicated people, tight margin business
MANAGER, ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHMarch 20, 2015
Very good team, dedicate people , good projects, and tight timelines. Logistics is a low margin business, hence all solutions developed are built for good scalability. The organization spends on building out robust infrastructure.
great place to work
Senior Rental Representative (Current Employee), customer service representative technician level 3March 15, 2015
Pros: stable
The culture is great and the work is rewarding. Opportunity for advancement and career development are abundant. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pleasant environment
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 14, 2015
This was a temporary assignment and I was pleased with the work and that I was able to help complete the work load for the department. People there were pleasant and welcoming.

1 2 3 4 5

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive – Read more

Penske Salaries