Penske Employee Reviews

very nice work place, clean and tidy
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYSeptember 20, 2017
As a service writer and tech at Penske, I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. There was state of the art tools and lifts. the 6 lifts made vehicle repair easy.
Pros
worked in Kmart and received 10%discounts on purchases.
Cons
once because he did not get a good lease from k mart.
Excellent workplace - would highly recommend to anyone
National Call Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 19, 2017
Being a National Call Center Trainer, I was able to help many people succeed. I trainer over 400 employees in sales and customer service. Very successful at my job.
Pros
Salaried and was able to be very creative
Cons
Worked over 50 hours weekly to prepare for training classes
Work get very slow certain time of year
Paint Finisher/Finesser (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 18, 2017
I like people with great attitudes.Not stressed out all the time.It's a high turn over rate at Penske.People don't get along that well.I get along with anybody I'm courteous thoughtful,helpful with new people with less experience than myself etc..
Not a very happy or fun department to work in - very stressful and management not understanding
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PASeptember 17, 2017
I worked in the Call Center at Penske. Communication and management were not accessible. I have retired now and only looking for something part time. Had a very difficult attendance policy and had to work 1 day of the weekend every week. Most employees did not like working there and it was not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Nice Campus
Cons
not realistic on their goals
Great
Management Trainee/ Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Plenty of room to grow if you like this business. The medical benefits as well as being able to relocate are just as few of what they have to offer. Definitely worth a shot
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Stress
Great entry level management training program
Inside Sales/Management Trainee Program (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2017
I came in to Penske's management training program with the intent to get in to sales but quickly realized there are a lot of different directions you can go within the company. The management invests a lot of time and energy in to their training program to give you the right tools to succeed.
Great start to a career
National Account Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, IL 60131September 14, 2017
Penske is a great start off company. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you are sales oriented. They have great managers, but too much turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Politics
Work Hard and Stand Out
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2017
You need to make sure you are prepared to work hard, and be in it for "the light at the end of the tunnel". They do reward you for working hard, it's just a matter of sticking out and growing with the company when the right positions open at the right time.
Terrible management
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 13, 2017
Terrible management team. Lunches are entirely too short for the location. Zero communication between departments. Fumbling mess of an organization. Discrimination.
Pros
Coworkers
Nice slow pace for a 2nd job or retired person
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I delivered sections of newspapers to distribution centers in NY, I worked in Rockaway NJ. It was an easy job but newspapers are dying so I saw no future and the pay wasn't too great
Pros
Get paid up to 6 hours even if you worked less then that
Cons
Didn't see a future there
RE: Penske Vehicle Services
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
Benefits ok if you don't have a family. Upper management cares less about the employees, has a "they can be replaced" attitude instead of working to keep quality employees. No raises, VERY low pay for the work they expect. Don't let them know you've learned a lot because they will pile it on until you crack. And very little to no advancements.
Pros
Some managers, interaction with clients
Cons
Low Pay, upper management unrealistic expectations, no advancement
Fast pace and competitive
Roadside Assistance coordinator (Current Employee) –  Green Hills, PASeptember 8, 2017
Great training. Good management. Extreme micromanaging. Competitive. No room for laziness. Can be a hypermasculine environment at times. Has mandatory overtime requirements per season. Hard to reach bonus requirements. Outdated software.
Pros
Great training. Good pay. Room for advancement. Lots of overtime opportunities
Cons
Expects alot from you, Demands constant improvement
Temporary Career Path
Assistant Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2017
This company wants to train you and get you comfortable enough to look for another position in the company and relocate. They will not let you stay anywhere for long and force you to relocate or quit. Not worth your time and investment unless you want to be a slave to the company. If they say jump then you have to jump.
Pros
Salary, companies values
Cons
Relocation mandatory
relaxed
Warehouse Worker/ Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 7, 2017
We would start about 2 p.m I'd come in a little early to setup the truck I would be working on for the day. After the driver came and completed his checks we would leave the yard to make are first delivery. I had one of the best drivers as a partner so we got a long great and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the weather if it rained all day or snowed we usually wouldn't finish before 5 a.m.
Pros
Money
Cons
weather
As a hiker there was no advancement and no security, so I delt i couldnt really rate the company
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 6, 2017
I had hoped there would be more opertunies when I first started.with Penski, but I now know there isn't. I need full time work.with benefits, so I need to.look for new employment
Pros
Good place to get experience driving tractor trailer.
Cons
Only part time with no benefits in Lancaster area .
Great place
Diesel Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 5, 2017
For such a large co-operation you're on a name basis instead of number.
Management from Service to Regional very friendly , understanding and will be there for you .
Up to equiptment to work with .
good place to work
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 5, 2017
everyone was friendly, the management was decent. The toughest about this location would be the guest. very cut throat, wants everything for nothing. This was the toughest.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PASeptember 1, 2017
Some departments are better than others. Managers tend to stay in their positions for many years. It is sometimes difficult to advance outside your department.
If you're looking for an active, but stress free job, Penske is desireable.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Penske. The management was amazing, they were always helpful, understanding, and willing to accommodate for any personal issues.

The pay was great for the type of work, and the benefits were pretty all encompassing.

As a Management Trainee, it was a job where you were on your feet a lot, and it wasn't unusual to work 9 hour days (sometimes more), but you never took your work home with you. It allowed for great work-life balance.
summary
Sales and Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Hard working and great attitude is a must in this work environment. upper management is great just hard to move up. I recommend working for Penske truck Leasing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval