Penske Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good place to work
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
On a typical day I help with lot management to include inventory operations, vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, vehicle merchandising and display, vehicle transportation, vendor relationships and lot / building image and maintenance.
Pros
free lunch if you work Saturdays, paid holidays
Cons
havent received a raise since i was hired in Sept 2014
drive.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 30, 2016
enjoyed the customer, and learning new diverse areas of delivery, and applying them to my continued job duties. negative to job was the outside world drivers,"there are some crazy drivers out on these roads." be safe.
Pros
simple work, not to much stress, nice people ( customers), and Walmart workers.
Cons
lack of hours to meet benefits expectations for usage. major -
good for first job
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PAJune 30, 2016
Was a nice experience after college as my first job. People were great, learned a lot in my short time there. Got really bored with my job though, very repetitive, and wasn't really given a chance to move to a different job within the company, so I was sort of stuck. That's why I left.
Pros
well respected company, good people, job security seems ok
Cons
limited insurance options, uptight culture
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Tech 3 mechanic - Preventive Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
As a low level tech at this particular location you have free range. Your main job is to complete PMs. Once you compete PMs (the main focus) you can complete the repairs as you see fit or send the write-ups to the level 2 tech. Whatever you decide to do make it a habit. The management will expect you to keep up that work ethic and assign you jobs with the expectation of you to constantly complete that level of work.
Pros
learn everything you can
Cons
No one can teach you the correct way to do a PM in the time given.
Opportunity for advancement, positive work environment. luxury cars.
Executive Assistant for the Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2016
Opportunities...Began my career as the ambassador. Within 3 short months, I was promoted to manager of ambassador's of 7 dealerships. By 12 month's, I was promoted to Executive Assistant to AVP. I was proud to work for Penske Automotive for their reputation in providing excellent customer service.
I consider myself to be poised, professional and approachable. I posses excellent administrative functions.
Knowledge of computer operations including all Microsoft Office applications, proprietary software systems and Internet research.
My hours are flexible, including nights and weekends.
Pros
Positive Reputation in related fields.
Cons
Travel
Batavia location has a constant turnover of employees
Prefer not to answer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 28, 2016
What an absolute horrible place to work for....management is dishonest and crooked....good hardworking people or let go and they go through temp agencies to hire bodies to do the work and some don't last on there first day past lunchtime....favoritism...if you are not in the Kim click you have no job security....how can one expect to work at a place that has to constantly tell employees to keep doors locked because yet another fired ex-employee has made threats to supervisors there. I don't think all facilities are like the Batavia one...someone really needs to take a look at how they run things there.. hard work, lower wages than the standards and absolutely no job security whatsoever especially if you are not a member of Kims family or one of her friends....
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
Back breaking hard work mandatory overtime work people like slaves
Unproductive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 27, 2016
Delayed process on getting desired training, guidelines not followed, unethical activity going on with management, not very flexible with hours or days off
avoid this place
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2016
Mangers are cluless as what going on in department chase off good help to hire cheeper help No one really cares if you work hard or dont
Pros
Cons
poor managers people who do poor work advance
A solid company to work for
District Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2016
Penske is a great company to work for. It can be demanding at times, and the work/life balance can be tough at times. It's very diverse and hard work gets noticed.
Pros
Internal promotions, Job security
Cons
work/life balance, Micromanagement
Fun
MT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2016
great company to work for should be a good stepping stone for all applicants. Learned a lot from this company and will always say good things.
Great managment
Driver (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 23, 2016
Pay reflects the contract. So do your benefits.
Low under market value pay, no real overtime to make up and cheap poorly maintained trucks.
Its a fill in to a better job somewhere else though and I have just realized it after a year of service.
Some contracts are better than others so pay may be higher or even lower. Mostly lower. My contract I have to use PTO to cover my 40 hours if there closed for snow days etc. I struggle to get 8 hours in a day.
Its a good Job for simi retired or part time.
I worry everyday my job will be cut though and I am looking for other work now.
No real advancment.
Penske management locally is awesome though and they make you want to do a good job.
Contact management and staff are jerks who treat you like a moron. That also seems to be company wide with most contracts.
Basically your a number and a seat filler. You will not have any support from any high ups and if you don't kiss the contracts a&% you won't be happy.
Pros
Great operations manager!!
Cons
Pay, insurance, vacation time, no overtime
Great workplace with free lunch program!
Level Two Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day included a vast variety of troubleshooting and support. I have learned a great deal from working at Penske. The management is excellent, as well as the team I have had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part about the job was learning many new skills in the beginning. The most enjoyable part about the job was my co-workers.
Great environment with free lunch program!
Large corporation, too many chief's, not enough indians
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 21, 2016
Penske offers a very stable paycheck, which is nice, but the fact that salary works 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and every other weekend kills any kind of family life. It is about how many hours you can put in here. The company looks out for themselves, not for the employees. Management loves to scrutinize everything you do, will not allow you to make decisions without having 4 conference calls that talk about what you are going to discuss in the next conference call.

If you aren't a yes man (or woman), you will not get promoted. If you take care of your customers and do things the way they should be done morally and to the company guide line, upper management will find a loop hole in how you could have done it better. There is no recognition for doing the right thing. Unless you bring your knee pads to work and say all the right things about your Manager, chances of you getting promoted are slim to none. Don't worry about having a good work ethic, that doesn't matter here.

The associates you work with on a day to day basis (not your manager, I have only seen him 5-6 times this year, but I am sure he will be giving me my performance review at the end of the year.) are great guys. Down to earth, willing to put in a solid 8 hours and still build a personal relationship. I see these guys way more than I see my family anyway.
Pros
Pay Check
Cons
Hours, management, Conference calls, Lack of promotions, lack of recognition, lack of guidance
terrible ,felt like that tv show,jail
technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 8, 2016
company promoted itself great,but turn out poor,this company i learned to watch your back,give your shirt off your back for co workers and management,then get stuck in your back.hardest part of the job was walking thru the door in the morning,most enjoyable was making sure that door didn't hit me when i left,and being in the union
Pros
free lunch every now and then, dental plan ok
Cons
racist, management intimidates, terrible shifts
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day begins at 11pm at night to 4-5am,in the morning. Never have any quality time with my wife, any more. because when I'm home she is at work, and when she is home I'm at work, especially on week-ends.

I have not learn any thing different from my usual day jobs.

This is a good company to work management is ok so-far. but being a part-time employee and first time working at night, is very hard on me and my marriage.

My co-workers are ok, I haven't seen or experience anything bad about any of them, they are help-full.

The hardest part of this job is working at night.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that I'm working and I thank Penske for that, but working at night is very hard.
a good place to get some experience
Transportation Manager/Hiker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJune 3, 2016
Got plenty of experience and practice handling a tractor trailer, Became knowledgeable of many company locations within the tri-state area. Became very geographically knowledgeable. Also became familiar with the company equipment i handled and deliverd on a daily basis.
Pros
good people i worked with/always a little different.
Cons
Things changed at last minute. Not enough hours and no benefits.
Exceptional enviroment
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 31, 2016
Great place to work if you are ok with living a modest life style, but it is very hard to promote from the call center and the compensation for your services are just enough to keep you from leaving, but not going get you to a comfortable living.
no interview
None (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 30, 2016
cant even get an interview when i am qualified for the position because my old boss and this boss are friends qualifactions mean nothing to them
The truth about Penske
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
I currently work here, and I absolutely used to love my job! Sadly, I can't even walk in the door anymore without counting down the hours until I can leave. Your work will always be criticized, there is no consistency or positivity. It shocked me to find out that there are no benefits what so ever even if you are a full time employee; had I known this I would have turned down the job. Medical is decent but you are expected to work 40 hours a week and are only entitled to 5 days off out of the year. There are no sick or personal days offered. Everything goes by a "point" system so if you're out sick for the week you might as well start looking for another job or you will most likely be let go. FMLA could be considered, but REALLY who wants to even do that. Pay is decent but I would rather make less and have a sense of pride in my work. Managers will micromanage you under the corporate hood. Management is all around poor. Questions are never answered in a timely manner and you will be bounced around with no straight answer for days, weeks, or really ever. The only positives I really took from this are the friends I made and enhancing my customer service skills. Working here has been extremely disappointing. You will be treated like you're in elementary school regardless of your age or experience. Lunches and breaks are short and timed down to the minute, eating anything in your work area is considered a sin, and corporate overlooks literally everything because it's obvious they don't really care about their employees. I love working in logistics but I would never recommend Penske  more... as a place to work, none the less endorse or use their equipment. It is a sad excuse for a "real world job." I'm currently seeking employment elsewhere, clearly.  less
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Benefits, management, the list goes on