Penske Employee Reviews

Good work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 15, 2017
Good work place to work for good pay and good staff crew. Always recommends good works. Also gives alot of award for there hard working employees. Also gives good tips on how to accomplish your work.
Pros
Alot awards
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for overall.
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 11, 2017
Very fast paced work environment, you will inevitably learn a lot of valuable information. Good work culture but can be stressful at times, challenging in a good way, personal growth is guaranteed if you work hard.
Pros
Advancement
wouldnt work there again.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 9, 2017
Really stressful! If you are new , previous workers leave all the work to you. I would never work there again, EVER!!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2017
It's a good company to work for. Like most corporations there will be things you don't agree with but overall it is a very good company. They are working on creating training for the Management team but in the meantime you must be willing to put in the work to learn your job correctly.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Rely too much on indiviuals and not enough on teams
love it here
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2017
great company, promotes from within. no complaints. many opportunities as long as you are willing to relocate and put in the hours. the pay could be a bit better
Very flexible schedule
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TN 37620June 8, 2017
Great I love it only thing it's conmission based I love working with Penske the office is acruallly in plaza Exxon I would love to find full time employment in corporate office right now it's just as needed
No work life balance
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 6, 2017
You will always be busy, always be stressed. They invest in their people, and train them accordingly. You will travel a lot, you will work a lot, you will always be thinking about work, you will dream of trucks. The company culture is young and fun; you have the potential to make life long friends. Everyone is young and that helps the days go by fast.
Great Benefits
Diesel Technician II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 6, 2017
Pay was not competitive until after a year of work, then company-wide raises. Amazing benefits, but poor management. Overall, good company to work for.
Pros
Set schedules
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, NO employee appreciation aspects
Very fast Paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 5, 2017
Penske is a very high paced environment, there is always work. Managers are always willing to help you advance onto the next level. They push you to be the best you can be.
Productive and successful services
Painter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
I received experience and work ethics which I use in my daily life. Teamwork is very beneficial and Im very easy to work with. I can follow or lead. The management is fair and patient with customers and employees. I was given an opportunity without being stereotyped because of my past offenses.
Pros
Free lunches randomly, free beverages and safety assurance and respectful enviroment
Cons
Fluxuating hours.

Want to know more about Penske?

Ask a question
Clean environment. Good inventory
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJMay 27, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are put into the right store. If you are in a store that has fresh customer traffic it is very difficult to survive. Only certain stores in the mall advertise.
Pros
Being able to sell at any store
Cons
Sales Managers that want to put deals together
can be fun at times, management is a downfall
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 25, 2017
the coworkers were good people to work with. management says a lot of things about training or advancement but it rarely happens. this place could be a lot better than it is.
Cons
management
Fast fun place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2017
Good place to work my only problem is they will punish you for someone else mistake other than that never had a problem there stable work place. Good mangement
Pros
Concrete fair pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work schdule, they hold you accountable for others mistakes
its a cool place to work/ low pay
Incoming vehicle quality porter/technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI 48083May 24, 2017
you get to work on cool production cars, but there's alotof BS to put up with. they dont give out raises, and ANYONE can be let go for next to nothing.
Great Job If You're Willing to Endure
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMay 23, 2017
If you're willing to grind out the time and give a little effort, you can advance quick. Just be ready to get beat up by management, fellow employees, and customers.
room for advancment, plenty of training, decent pay
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMay 23, 2017
great place to work if you can handle the work. being a diesel mechanic there, it is very demanding work. The training offered is great and they are always investing in their technicians. the compensation is good and so are the benefits. The down side is the schedule. most new techs stay on second or ever third shift for a long time. very hard to get a first shift scheduled, which is hard when you have a family.
Pros
team based, great compensation and benifits. great training
Cons
the long shifts, working on the road
Efficient and orgsnized
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 22, 2017
I would still work for Penske if they had a location in Tupelo. It is a wonderful company and they are very good to their wmployees.I started in a simple job and learned mote. Once I was very efficient in that task I was promoted to another. This could tinted throughout my time there and I was trained to do many things. There were many transitions that were highly challenging. My time in the Wolfchasetoyoya.com Toyota location was my favorite. We had a wonderful team spirit and we all worked very closely together to conquer anything that came about.
Pros
Freat benefits
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced, competitve
Consumer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
I would be required to come into work and complete a daily yard check of our inventory for the day. I would often work very long hours anywhere from 8 to 16 hours in a day. I was on call often, I was not given many tools to continue my career path with Penske because there was a lot of politics associated with the company. I enjoyed the drive to be best in sales and very customer service oriented.
Pros
Many discounts, options to go to other locations, training
Cons
Politics in the management
Good People, Excellent career starting place
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 18, 2017
Sales & Operations Management teaches you a variety of functions about logistics, supply-chain demand, customer relations, inventory/resource management and teamwork.
A very busy place but i like that
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Penske but they had a few issues that I couldn't handle like working 6 days a week sometime 7 long hours didn't pay any more money when you work weekends and sometimes very stressful work loads dealing with the customers
Pros
Very busy
Cons
Very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.