Penske Employee Reviews

Good and productive work place
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2017
Busy most of the day and proper training is provided and needed for a lot of jobs as well as responsibilities.As far as management they would not seperated employees that did not get along or had probelems with each other instead forced them to work together until what ever probelem escalate and blow up then they fire oe terminate both parties.The hardest part of the job is management taking sides and forceing you to work in a hostile environment with employees and supervisors.The most enjoyable was being able to get the training and cetifications you need to move forward.
Pros
company get togethers, education, and training.
Cons
Not being able to secure your job without a union and they could tarnish your career at anytime.
Drama
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2017
Horrible environment, everyones depressed, raises are minimal, benefits are ok. Way too much computer training The only positive thing is the pay is pretty good and I moved up to a tech 1 pretty quickly.
horrible management
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2017
horrible place to work, unfair and have no INTEGRITY!!! dog eat dog place. do as i say and do not question the authority. all managers and supervisors are military and treat employees like it is boot camp.
Pros
Good money
Cons
everything else
Strong Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 20, 2017
Large company, very stable, ability to relocate. The benefits are very good, with 3 weeks of vacation when you start. Enjoyed meeting people from all over the Area.
Benefits
Cons
location
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIMarch 20, 2017
Very nice environment, just make sure you don't have a problem with management, I am young, 21, but we have a lot of young supervisors and it makes it difficult for individuals to get along with so many chiefs.
Pros
Great pay, very fun and productive environment
Cons
Young supervisors, no union
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 15, 2017
Once you learn how everything operates this is a very good job with extra perks. You not only get paid well but you also get a p.r for everything you pick load and label
Pros
Good money
Cons
Alot of hours
Great People, Good Training, Great Job
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 12, 2017
I've been with the company going on 4 months, so far it has been a great experience. The people there are great to work with. At least at my location and the locations I've encountered. The training is rigorous. There are a lots of manuals, videos, and meetings with others in the company. On top of that you also are learning on the job. Personally, I like the training because it give you the opportunity to meet with the people you work with in higher positions. Also, they don't just throw you into the position without any guidance which is great in this type of job.

It's a lot to learn and its not as easy as it seems. You have to be attentive to detail and strategic. People I've talked to says it takes months to fully grasp the position.

Surprisingly, learning about the trucks is the best part. I can brag to my peers about my knowledge on them.
Pros
The corporate culture. Good Training. People
Cons
A lot to learn, can be stressful and difficult sometimes
Unique positive working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHMarch 9, 2017
Once you are known as part of the shop you become family, and they treat you like it too, place you were you need based on all of the skills you offer
Penske BDC
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 8, 2017
Handled high volume inbound and outbound phone calls to existing and new cliental daily. Given the opportunity to improve keyboard and telephone skills as well as sales skills.
Pros
Discount on cars, ability to make money
Cons
management organization
Very busy, no recognition
Assist customer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 8, 2017
Fast paced environment with a very challenging goal. No recognition for doing a good job, not very much camaraderie. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the people I work with and forming those relationships.
I need a better job that pays more
Picker (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 7, 2017
I need a job that pays more and able to advance within the company. A company that cares about their employees. It is not a good company to work for they do not care about anyone strictly business and the people are weekday make the company become great.
Fast paced environment but rewarding
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2017
Great place for beginner, hard work rewarded with advancements. Latest tools for tech support. Clean work environment, safety instilled work ethics.
worst management
Mercedes Benz technician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 3, 2017
there is not group system. you dont get help. especially management does not do anything!
there is not much work to do. all new hires is doing trashy work
Pros
great facility
Cons
lack of work and poor management
very interesting place
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 1, 2017
what can i say about penske, it was just the certain location that i was at. that i would say has terrible management, and will not advance you unless you are lucky enough to have some one leave and you are friends enough to get the job. clean was not a word anyone could use at that shop. I had a better relationship with my district manager then i did my shop manager because the shop manager would do absolute nothing about the problems around the shop. after i left 4 other people left.
Pros
good benifits, good pay
Cons
not clean, no advancement, bad managment
productive and good work place culture
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 28, 2017
great place to work safe , clean, always room for advancement in the company . I had wonderful experience with the company.
Terrible training and orientation
Picker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Immediately after being hired I was expected to obtain certain numbers without an ounce of training. I was consistently written up within weeks of working there for not reaching goals that I was not even aware of. The lack of any sort of training is ridiculous. The batavia branch is managed by one person and then left for second shift to be run by a few Mexicans who if u did not fit in and understand exactly what they were expecting of you than you were no good. I was terminated within 5 months of working there for underperformance of numbers that was only brought to my attention when I was written up for the first time. I never missed a day, was never once late and worked plenty of overtime, and busted my butt everyday just to be railroaded out like some kind of slacker. Management and lack of training is the reason this is an aweful place to work!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of training and terrible management
Working for Penske chevrolet.
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2017
I get my own space to work, not a lot of strict rules and I wash cars as they're sold and everything in between is finding loose work to do. The people are friendly and I enjoy being outside for the most part in the warmer seasons. It pays decent but unfortunately not enough, it's located too far from where I live and I also have a daughter that I care for and those 2 things alone make it hard to also pay bills.
Pros
It's laid back, I have options for making commissions, the people who work here are friendly, I like the environment, the job is fairly easy and simple and it allows you a lot of room exceed expectations.
Cons
It's an hour from my home and the hours I work are a little too odd for me, is also like something closer to part time instead of full time.
Mobile area
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Management sucks it's like being supervised by a kid there is no overtime you barely work 6 hours a day there is hard labor involved and you're only getting paid 17.50 a hour if you are looking for temporary work go here if not do not waste your time
Pros
Local
Cons
Bad management night work only
Great Place for advancement
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Great Place for advancement. Penske is a company that allows one to explore many different things on a daily basis. Its a job that brings many different parts of the company together to provide the best service and customer interaction in its field.
Assisting customers with breakdowns needs and great place to work.
OTR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyed working for the company for the most part. Busy season (spring and summer) can push people over the edge. I've witnessed great growth in the customer service field. Management gives realistic goals and very lenient towards their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.