Penske Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment and atmosphere
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Penske and learning new things on a daily basis. I didn't really have many issues and would have loved to stay there if it wasn't for my health issues
very good job and management but most workers spoke Spanish not english
Porter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2016
The typical day at work was taking cars from the car wash to the respective dealers at the Scottsdale auto collection. I only disliked the communication issues with other porters because of language barriers.
Great Company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCApril 26, 2016
Fun high paced job that rewards for hard work and dedication. We operate for a Automobile manufacturer by planning and processing freight to deliver on time. Only down side is this is a contract job. Great benefits and work life balance. I would highly recommend anyone thinking about Penske to join the team.
Pros
Pay, Work life Balance, Benefits
Cons
Contract employment
ok place to work
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 21, 2016
management is horrible. you do what you want when reach out for help you can't get any because they act like their new position is more important than yours and you should be able to handle everything. They do not realize it sometimes they are under staff
Fast paced. Fun job
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
Very fast work day . Nice life/work balance. Customer satisfaction was high on the list. No hassle about what you need to d your job, Excellent training
Pros
customer oriented
Cons
Poor pay
fun place
Forklift Operator/Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2016
Penske is a place that will push you to the limit its a place where hard workers is needed I knew when I came too Penske it was gone going to be one of the most hardest Company I ever work for but once I took the time to learn the system I became the go too guy and I be came the EMPLOYEES OF THE MONTH as so as the lead too least then 6 months i set goals save the company a lot of money
Good Company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2016
Good Company to work for .We always have work to do and the staff is very helpful and the some opportunities are there to advance and grow
Mixed Feelings
Management Trainee/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2016
Really depends on the location and the group of people you work with. A previous location had more of a family coworker atmosphere where as the location i am at now is more uptight.
In the office theirs good overtime but hard for when you have young kids.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2016
Work is always flowing end of the months (the 1st week of a new month) is when work gets a little faster because everything needs to be in ASAP, but other than that its a nice work place. I was a new single mom and i had a hard time with being able to balance work and home because i felt i wasn't allowed to leave when i needed to at EOM to pick up my child from daycare. Although this is truly a company if you learn the job and can get your work from the person who had it the part before you on time then it wasn't at all hard. In the car world its always a race for time and getting the information into the computer ASAP, its just trying to get the information fro the stores or other office workers that tends to drag out.
Pros
get free lunches from time to time(sometimes breakfast)
Cons
EOM you cant leave until your deadlines are met and its hard if your a single parent.
Fast paced but rewarding work environment
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 5, 2016
Working at Penske Corporation, you will be instantly entrenched into the fast paced world of truck rentals/leasing. The job is very demanding for the entirety of the work day, never a dull moment. The company is very internal focused in regards to promotion, yet often promotion requires relocation.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers, Advancement
Cons
Long days, Relocation
very fun place and continue to learn with job security
Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHApril 4, 2016
very good company to work for, wish I could relocate. great job security and they send you to their own training. typical day was 230-11 pm
Hertz Penskie
Truck Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle Pike MechanicsburgApril 3, 2016
I lo ved working there too. I picked up trucks from vendors and brought them in for servicing and I washed them and took them back to the vendors. I would pick up the rental trucks and bring them in from other rental sites and clean them up and then give them to the mechanics. I learned how to drive a bob tail a tractor and how to hook them up and park them. I drove them all over the place.
Pros
I learned a lot there
Cons
some things don't go the way you want.
Bad Place to work
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 1, 2016
Management does not care out you and constanly writes you up over nothing serious. Top management sets un realistic goals that will never be met. Pay isnt all that great no increase in wages. You are timed and work very long hours.
Pros
co workers
Cons
long hours and timed
Enthusiastic, Fast Paced, Team Oriented
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2016
My typical day included a 1 - 2 hour phone block focused on reaching out to potential new customers to schedule a meeting, 2 pre-set appointments and 10 cold calls (door to door) to businesses surrounding my appointments. Afternoons consisted of data entry and following up with customers. I had multiple sales and management trainings at our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA where I learning fantastic sales techniques and communication skills. My management team and coworkers were supportive and the company atmosphere promoted team building and communication. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and solving problems for new businesses every day. Each day was unique and educational.
Decent Company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 26, 2016
Company has different branches and different opportunities to apply for. Depending on what you are looking for and your skill set.
Productive good co workers
Penske - Clamp Operator (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHMarch 26, 2016
Stayed busy unloading trucks and rail cars.Loading when needed and picked.The people i worked with were great and enjoyable to work with.
Excellent place of employment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
Challenging, rewarding and full of opportunities for advancement.
Excellent wages and training.
many opportunities available for transfer within the company.
Company advances from within
low turnover
all around excellent career choice
Pros
excellent bennifits
Cons
work/life balance
good company to work for
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2016
Penske is a good ethical company to work for , they treat employee's well, a typical day for me consists of scheduling work for tech,s , dealing with customers needs
my managers are good and understand what needs to be done on a daily basis , hardest part of my job is balancing the needs of my techs with the need of our company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
none really
Was a good company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2016
Unfortunate circumstances caused the closure of this company. good leadership, plans for expansion, good products and partners....had the makings of a great retailer.
Solid company with concrete system in place
Diesel Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 17, 2016
Opportunities are available for growth as long as you are willing to wait for your turn with seniority. The union system of seniority works well overall, but can sometimes be detrimental to employees that are more qualified but do not have a high level of seniority. Work pace is consistent, you rarely have upper management stressing you out to finish repairs and all around tasks are completed in a timely manner. They also have great training opportunities for those who are self motivated to do so, which is readily available.
Pros
Career Training, and advancement, unionized
Cons
Most skilled/ qualified employees wont always see promotions which they are capable of