Penske

Penske Employee Reviews

Good learning experience.
Senior Rental Representative (Current Employee), Gulf CoastFebruary 1, 2015
I learned a lot and the pay was not bad. However, the management constantly increased my workload and expectations without any kind of pay/benefit increase. The work is stressful and the appreciation is minimal.
Productive workplace and great breaks
Lead - Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2015
When the production was finished we were able to have a little downtime and relax until the next truck came in. Then it was all about the safety and production.
Penske
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: cheap pay
Penske Logistics was great for awhile. They took advantage of skilled labor and payed very little for the market. You can learn alot but in the end your just a 3rd party employee. Never really apart of the corporate culture. Just a limb that will be left to atrophy in the end,
Good Learning Environment
Rental Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee), Everett, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Great initial internship learned a lot, but ultimately boring and mundane work
Growing Opportunities
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Marion, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: drama between co-workers
As an Operations Supervisor, I learned about customer service, employee relations, and new logistics systems.
train and hire new comers, daily operations, customer contact
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: long hours (85 a week), 7 days a wek for 6 months
unload 36 inbound s, loaded 52 outbound s, train new people daily, give work assignments, audit trucks, fil out safety aduits
Best driving job I ever had,
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 23, 2015
The management team was great, The equipment was top-notch. Job assignments were good. The pay was best in the industry.
Think Twice, Horrible Management, Driver Work Relation
Trailer driver (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: everything
Beware!!!! Worked here for a few years. When given a raise, something was always taken back, so it was not a raise. 70 hour work week, for 40 hours of pay. Terrible communication between driver and management. After one month, still waiting for final wages and accumulated vacation. It's activity based pay, lot of free time given to company without pay. Some days, paid under state minimum wage. This company should be ashamed of what they are paying their drivers. Even a single guy, can't survive on this salary.
High pace work place
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Shreveport , LAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay and benifiets
Cons: no chance in advancing in this district
Started out as a real promising place to work and advance then transferred and all that changed
Bus factory
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: four day work week
Cons: not many positions
daily transportation services and customer service. Maintained all coverage for all just in time shipment into the plant. Maintained various information regarding the loading of shipments to look for opportunities for cost savings.
popularity contest
Diesel Tech 3 (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks bad management
If you would like a job at penske you better be bestfriends with all the managers because if you arent you will be treated like absolute garbage and ridiculed.
Very interesting and fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Penske Logistics provided support to General Motors in the logistical processes of parts management/inventory. The chances for advancement are high and the team oriented atmosphere make for a great place to work.
Dispatch Clerk
Lead Clerk (Current Employee), Laredo,TX.January 8, 2015
Cons: work only mon-fri.
Dispatch all Penske drivers, check their routes and times of arrival and departures. Receive trailers for inbound and outbound shipments.Answering phone calls,emails, dispatch drivers. Some data entry work, and reports for production.
Penske Transportation Management
Southeast Regional Freight Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 8, 2015
While at Penske, I was responsible for developing and managing the Truckload Brokerage Division throughout the Southeast. The job responsibilities included: managing a team of associates responsible for business development, account management, carrier sourcing, and carrier compliance. I was also involved in the integration, configuration, and implementation of the acquired TMS system that was purchased for the brokerage division.
We loaded trucks by hand.
Material Handler (Former Employee), DesotoJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: very hot in the warehouse and we didn't have many forklifts to use
I worked a 10 hour shift at Penske and we basically loading and unloading up to 4 or 5 trailers a day by hand.
productive and fun
Diesel tech (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 5, 2015
smooth work days you get to learn a lot and challenge yourself every day with new things , management isn't so great, co workers are friendly and the whole day is enjoyable.
overall the company seemed very well organized and willing to provide the tools necessary to help advance their employees.
Manager in Training/Internship (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Typical day at work started by checking truck inventory and making sure that scheduled pick up trucks were in place. Job was pretty easy once you get the hang of the different products/services available and build relationship with local businesses that rented trucks. The hardest part of the job was coping with the slow period which could be hours before any pick ups or phone quotes would come through. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and job security.
Full time accounting position
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Full time position with hours from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Offered full health benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, 401K and stock options.Good company to work for, each individual location had its own supervisor that reported to main office in Reading, PA
Penske is a great company to work for.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2015
I have worked for Penske for 8 years. I started as a temp, and was hired on full time.

I have learned about the trucking industry, and its operations.
I have had the privilege to work with one of the finest management groups. The hardest part of the job is being laid off when work gets slow. the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff I have worked with.
Great Job but Management looking to find issues that don't really exist
Will not disclose (Current Employee), Will not discloseJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: laid back atmosphere, great co workers, customers love us
Cons: breaks are not defined, management is overbearing, too many bosses that do not communicate well when sorting out issues
I actually like my job but management continues to micro manage everything. It was not like that when I first started but the management now tends to look for the smallest item to make you look like a fool. I sometimes feel like I am being treated like a child. I have been though seven managers in seven years working at PENSKE. My current DRM tends to enjoy swearing at me when it is not warranted which drives me crazy.

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive – Read more

Penske Salaries