Penske Employee Reviews

Long hours very demanding
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 14, 2016
Providing customer service communication on a daily basis to communicate the status of their equipment that was under the care of a service contract.

Managing a team of technicians in the proper PM procedures and customer care techniques.
Decent Entry Level
Vehicle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 14, 2016
Good place to start off at, it has a great atmosphere and management. The benefits you get are not really great, they actually cost more in the long run (insurance).
Pros
management
benefits
very good people to work with and good lower management
Tech 1 mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 13, 2016
ok place to work,great people,lots of work,want high productivity,upper management pics the people they like,lower management doesn't make a difference with people.
Pros
great people to work around
Cons
force high productivity, says they hire people at the cheapest rate possible for the branch to be successful in expenses
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 13, 2016
Penske is a fantastic place to work. I have learned a great amount regarding trucking and multitasking. Great management team who is extremely supportive and helps out with anything.
Solid Job
Sales & Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 6, 2016
Penske is a solid place to work. Managers have much influence on your day - good and bad.

Pro's:

It is a large international corporation with opportunities all over.
Overtime opportunity.
Not monotonous.
You can choose how hard you want to work

Con's:

Limited opportunities for advancement unless you relocate
Sometimes long hours and a little overworked
Work weekend days starting off
Productive and fund workplace
Rental Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 30, 2016
A typical day at Penske is exciting and filled with a variety task need to be completed daily. Since working at Penske I have gained a better sense of sales operations and how it applies to my position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the management that provide a great work environment for workers to strive in.
Pros
Career Advancement
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Meadley ,flNovember 24, 2016
I feel good working in penske so I look for improvements in my salary and work shifts In penske you can work comfortably with supervisors and it is a good company
Customer Service for AWC Cabints
AWC Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 11, 2016
Have not worked here for many years but it was a great company to work for. Management was always very helpful in solving problems a very hands on office
Great employer
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2016
Advancement can happen very fast but it is a place where they promote talent over tenure. The work/life balance can be difficult but you make your choice how that works. If your in a management level position you won't work less than 50 hours a week.
unorganized not very understanding
Packer (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJNovember 9, 2016
The job itself is very easy no doubt about that. I dont know if its the staff or the employees that make it so difficult. It is very unorganized envirement.
Tech 2 diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2016
Great company to work for and the top of the line training. Excellent benefits that is offered to employees once you start. Unfortunately bad local management
Pros
Training and benefits
Office Setting
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 4, 2016
I work at the rental counter. I answer phone calls, deal with customer issues and concerns and am covering reservations for the day. I am constantly checking customers in an out of trucks why dealing with other tasks that need to be completed during the day. PM calls, damage reports, and fuel tickets are just some of the jobs that I complete on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is constantly having to deal with multiple situations at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant movement that I do. Not sitting at a desk for 8 hours in a day. I am always on my feet.
Great job poor management
Tech 2 diesel mech (Former Employee) –  Broome corp driveNovember 2, 2016
The work demand is good poor management the guys on the floor work as a team but management works against you never got your back except if thy got a knife the work environment is good insurance has a lot to be desired but better than nothing most of the problem is upper management and direct managers never take your side
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
On your butt if you take a break
Great people, very productive, high volume
Finance Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2016
Went from Finance Manger @ Toyota to Finance Director @ Lexus.
Desked deals, worked with Sales Managers structuring deals.
Ran highest CSI in Penske Automotive's history.
Pros
Amazing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2016
Good company to work for. Great people. Great benefits. Good pay. Good bosses. Learned a lot. Good insurance. . ...
Great place to learn and work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2016
Great company. Company does a lot to take care of its employees and it shows. Really a great place to learn a lot and grow. Really a fun place to work and be.
Easy going environment
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2016
Enjoy my co-workers and supervisors. Pay is a little below what the rest of the companies in my field receive and the schedule is difficult to deal with but the work is fun and we never stop learning new things.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Schedule and union rules like schedule based on seniority not talent and work ethic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe GeorgiaOctober 19, 2016
I learned a lot of things like dealing with the public how to interact with them how to do payroll balance of schedule manage my shop take charge and be a leader
I wish I never left
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 17, 2016
Penske was a great company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and hire within. They are goal oriented and reward their employees when they hit goals
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Problems with management and advancement
ASSISTANT RENTAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2016
Some bad cases of nepotism going on here. This proves chalenging when trying to advance in this company. The cliques that are created also can make life stressful and difficult.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
stressful, poor room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.