Penske Employee Reviews

Great entry level management training program
Inside Sales/Management Trainee Program (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2017
I came in to Penske's management training program with the intent to get in to sales but quickly realized there are a lot of different directions you can go within the company. The management invests a lot of time and energy in to their training program to give you the right tools to succeed.
Great start to a career
National Account Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, IL 60131September 14, 2017
Penske is a great start off company. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you are sales oriented. They have great managers, but too much turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Politics
Work Hard and Stand Out
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 13, 2017
You need to make sure you are prepared to work hard, and be in it for "the light at the end of the tunnel". They do reward you for working hard, it's just a matter of sticking out and growing with the company when the right positions open at the right time.
Terrible management
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 13, 2017
Terrible management team. Lunches are entirely too short for the location. Zero communication between departments. Fumbling mess of an organization. Discrimination.
Pros
Coworkers
Nice slow pace for a 2nd job or retired person
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I delivered sections of newspapers to distribution centers in NY, I worked in Rockaway NJ. It was an easy job but newspapers are dying so I saw no future and the pay wasn't too great
Pros
Get paid up to 6 hours even if you worked less then that
Cons
Didn't see a future there
RE: Penske Vehicle Services
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
Benefits ok if you don't have a family. Upper management cares less about the employees, has a "they can be replaced" attitude instead of working to keep quality employees. No raises, VERY low pay for the work they expect. Don't let them know you've learned a lot because they will pile it on until you crack. And very little to no advancements.
Pros
Some managers, interaction with clients
Cons
Low Pay, upper management unrealistic expectations, no advancement
Fast pace and competitive
Roadside Assistance coordinator (Current Employee) –  Green Hills, PASeptember 8, 2017
Great training. Good management. Extreme micromanaging. Competitive. No room for laziness. Can be a hypermasculine environment at times. Has mandatory overtime requirements per season. Hard to reach bonus requirements. Outdated software.
Pros
Great training. Good pay. Room for advancement. Lots of overtime opportunities
Cons
Expects alot from you, Demands constant improvement
Temporary Career Path
Assistant Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2017
This company wants to train you and get you comfortable enough to look for another position in the company and relocate. They will not let you stay anywhere for long and force you to relocate or quit. Not worth your time and investment unless you want to be a slave to the company. If they say jump then you have to jump.
Pros
Salary, companies values
Cons
Relocation mandatory
relaxed
Warehouse Worker/ Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 7, 2017
We would start about 2 p.m I'd come in a little early to setup the truck I would be working on for the day. After the driver came and completed his checks we would leave the yard to make are first delivery. I had one of the best drivers as a partner so we got a long great and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the weather if it rained all day or snowed we usually wouldn't finish before 5 a.m.
Pros
Money
Cons
weather
As a hiker there was no advancement and no security, so I delt i couldnt really rate the company
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 6, 2017
I had hoped there would be more opertunies when I first started.with Penski, but I now know there isn't. I need full time work.with benefits, so I need to.look for new employment
Pros
Good place to get experience driving tractor trailer.
Cons
Only part time with no benefits in Lancaster area .
Great place
Diesel Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 5, 2017
For such a large co-operation you're on a name basis instead of number.
Management from Service to Regional very friendly , understanding and will be there for you .
Up to equiptment to work with .
good place to work
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 5, 2017
everyone was friendly, the management was decent. The toughest about this location would be the guest. very cut throat, wants everything for nothing. This was the toughest.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Hills, PASeptember 1, 2017
Some departments are better than others. Managers tend to stay in their positions for many years. It is sometimes difficult to advance outside your department.
If you're looking for an active, but stress free job, Penske is desireable.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Penske. The management was amazing, they were always helpful, understanding, and willing to accommodate for any personal issues.

The pay was great for the type of work, and the benefits were pretty all encompassing.

As a Management Trainee, it was a job where you were on your feet a lot, and it wasn't unusual to work 9 hour days (sometimes more), but you never took your work home with you. It allowed for great work-life balance.
summary
Sales and Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Hard working and great attitude is a must in this work environment. upper management is great just hard to move up. I recommend working for Penske truck Leasing.
Fast Pace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 30, 2017
Fast pace and high stress job. Has a very demanding and competitive work environment. Chances to advance if you are willing to relocate to larger district.
Pros
PTO time
Rsr
Rental Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 30, 2017
Love the people! Penske is a great place to work at and the management and staff are excellent. Always enjoyed going to work but needed growth that wasn't currently available.
There are no provided perks
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2017
Independent contractors don't have any benefits and do not receive any type of promotions within the organization. There are no raises of any kind. Days can be very long in inclement weather but other days can be shorter. The job isn't hard work, the only down side is when your vehicle breaks down or has to go for maintenance and you have to find other means of transportation to fulfill your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with your customers. Management is great and the culture is ok. What you learn is stability, consistency and perseverance.
Pros
Discounts on automotive repairs
Cons
No benefits or raises
Penske Ford Chula Vista
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 29, 2017
The work place is good to work in. The hardest part of the job is understand what the customer wants fixed. The most enjoyable part is the employees are awesome
Fantastic
Northwest Area Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 29, 2017
Depends on the location and people you're working with. I've always worked with great people at Penske, because we hire great people. Friendly office staff, fun, open-minded individuals
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Occasional lack of guidance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.