Penske Employee Reviews

busy high paced fleet maintenace
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work - large variety of equipment and repairs to keep the job interesting and the work very steady. Lots of customer interaction, friendly environment.
Pros
Technical support and variety of new equipment
Cons
very limited amount of day shift and Monday through Friday openings
Great learning experience
Customer Service Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2015
Early work days, mechanics are a hobby for me now, management was good but could use improvement, co-workers were phenomenal, difficult to be the new person at a job where the next newest person had already been there over two years, best part of the job was the friendships that were made
Great Work Environment
Consumer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2015
Penske offers a great work environment along with easy movement into management, pending relocation options. I learned strong management skills as well as some advanced sales skills in my roles. It was a fast paced environment that I enjoyed to work in.
Pros
Fast paced environment, tuition reimbursement, management perks
Cons
Too much turnover
good pay and benefits but not too much on the graveyard shift
Warehouse Associate/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 17, 2015
worked there for 8yrs on graveyard. union company, so everything went thru seniority. great benefits and weekly pay. work environment hectic. pull and load multiple trucks throughout a 8-10hr shift with accuracy and having to hit a quota. 19 orders an hour
Pros
great weekly pay and benefits
Cons
graveyard
fun workplace with great people
Management trainee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2015
• Responsible for running the busiest location in the district. I rented and prepared the trucks to be rented out and made sure they were ready to go.
• I had to accommodate for when stuff would go wrong and come up with solutions on how to make sure we take care of every single customer. This job was dealing with customer service, organization, communication with others, problem solving, accounting, and finance.
Pros
people
Cons
work hours
Great company and benifits
Service Provider Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Penske is a great company to work for with room for advancement and a great work environment.

There are a lot of great people that I work with and everyone is always willing to work together.
Pros
Flexible on hours
Cons
Many opportunites, if you like to move.
Commercial Vehicle Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flying Hills, PASeptember 7, 2015
A nice company to work for and had nice benefits. I enhanced my skills of what I already knew about Microsoft Office by using it of a daily basis.
Great Extern
Penske Extern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2015
It was a Externship they were helpful
any questions i had i could ask and get an answer and get help when needed.
reasonable days off heard they had great benefits
productive
Tech III Preventative Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Working on trucks, keeping them maintained, learned how to work and start something new. Enjoyed working for the company, enjoyed working with the other technicians.
Best corporation I ever worked for.
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2015
I worked for Penske in San Antonio, TX. They take care of their employees as well as their paying customers, Even though it's a large nationwide company, they have balanced growth without taking everything good away from their employees. Great place to work!!!

Want to know more about Penske?

Ask a question
Productive and challenging fast paced admiinistrative environment
Multi-Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 3, 2015
Fun work place, despite demanding deadlines, complete trust by my superiors, allowing me to flourish with my advanced computer, organizational and procedure developing skills. Received a great amount of satisfaction in performing so efficiently, which allowed all of the other, senior staff, with the opportunity to concentrate on their job duties, because I had gladly absorbed them, into my daily work routine. There were a great deal of participating vendors and customers, who required advanced trouble shooting skills, to ensure they had all their vehicle and contract needs met. The most difficult part of the job, was traveling between the three widely spread locations to fulfill administrative responsibilities. It offered a great deal of balancing important tasks and trouble shooting problems that needed and effective and efficient resolution.
Pros
Daily challenges of my administrative skills requiring me to juggle responsiblities, which challenged me and I found very fulfilling.
Cons
Everchanging procedures and deadlines, set by the corporate office.
Positive
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 1, 2015
Wonderful people
Helpful in career decisions
Highly recommended
The best job to have
Engages change all the time
A great place to work at
Large corporation but very personal feeling within the workplace
Administrative shop clerk/reception (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed the fast paced work environment. I learned something new every day and each day with customers brought new experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients and customers, helping them - creating a good outcome from an unfavorable experience. I was responsible for deadlines both independently as well as part of a group. As with a lot of big companies these days, the job I was hired for became something very different after the first year as a new director was named. I tried to adapt - but realized the work I was responsible for was no longer needed.
Pros
Great work environment, access to new daily opportunities
Cons
Not much room for advancement as my particular site.
Good learning environmentwih opportunities everywhere
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2015
Is a place of constant learning and growth. The management is always willing to help you succeed. The best part is having a support system while you learn about everything that goes on behind the scenes of the truck rental business.
Fast Paced, often stressfull job with lots of opportunity!
Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 27, 2015
Overall a great company to work for if you prove you are a valuable asset! If you are part time or not able to keep up, expect to be let go when business slows down!
Free Lunches often, fun fast paced work environment, ability to build relationships with many people.
Short or no Breaks, Understaffed, Lack of equipment to accomplish your goals
Pros
Free Lunches often, fun fast paced work environment, ability to build relationships with many people, decent pay with lots of opportunity
Cons
Short or no Breaks, Understaffed, Lack of equipment to accomplish your goals
Excelent company to work for.
Shared Services Benefits Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 27, 2015
Very pleased with my current position but would like to expand my career and move forward. My current job has given me the opportunity to excel in many aspects and learned to provide excellent customer service by applying my knowledge in this field. Even, when it can be overwhelming at times, I manage to keep cool and provide solutions to our clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction to know I'm helping our associates understand the product and business we provide.
Interesting and fun place to work
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 25, 2015
Great team of people to work with. Good work/life balance and company culture fosters an open dialogue between employees and management.
No integrity
Parts Clerk/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 25, 2015
Management constantly changed the rules. Has no respect or consideration for the employee. They are petty, arrogant and have no integrity. Upper Management needs an overhaul in the district.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Management has no integrity, female employees are undermined and given lesser titles and compensation.
Best part of the job
Clamp Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2015
The pay was decent at this position and the opportunity for overtime were the best things about this position. The hours were also very good. I would like to find a position that allows for overtime.
good place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  wilkes barre PAAugust 22, 2015
while there i had a good time and learned a lot about the career i wanted, the reason why i left was because of scheduling issues that affected my military life.