Penske Employee Reviews

Fast paced & highly motivated team of experts
SOS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 21, 2016
In the SOS DEPT. @ Penske Trk Leasing, , it was & is a strong team of tractor & trailer emergency experts, who from the very onset of any intial call that comes in, has & will determine the very nature of the call, as well as coordinate the best possible resolve to any all emergencies.
Pros
open floor plan to interact with other co-workers, great food
Cons
10-12 hr shifts & we never closed -NEVER
N/a
CSR fueler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 14, 2016
It is a fantastic job. Anyone hired here is lucky to obtain there position. Great people and a great work environment. There were a few opportunities within for growth that gave me a chance to move up in the company.
Think twice
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Batavia ilJanuary 12, 2016
The BATAVIA location is the worst this place should not be called PESNKE or ACCURIDE . It should be called Kim Co & friends . This place doesn't care about employees they get yelled at fired so there family and friends can work there . And fire good hard working people just to hire there buddies. And the hours are crazy. If you complain about there team lead forget it you better start looking for another job because in no time you won't have a job .
Cons
Worst place
worked for 20 years, at office and at home, when i relocated they did'nt extend my job
DMS helpdesk support/Acquisition team (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 5, 2016
worked the helpdesk, assisting office managers and comptrollers with their computer and accounting problems. I learned ADP computer system inside and out, was brought to management and traveled alot assisting with computer setups on new acquisitions.
Pros
was given a demo and free lunches for 13 years
Cons
1 week every month had afterhour support, many hours of traveling
Good
Rental Representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2016
This website is good. A lot of different companies to chose from. I will continue to use this website. I will not use any other job website.
really good job
Fueler/Washer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 7, 2016
all the technicians and supervisors are really nice
best instructors. most dificult part of the job was washing trucks in different climates
Mixed Feelings
Management Trainee/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2016
Really depends on the location and the group of people you work with. A previous location had more of a family coworker atmosphere where as the location i am at now is more uptight.
it was a great place to get some experience.
diesel technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 10, 2016
penske was a good place to get the experience i needed to move up to a better paying job with good benifits. the people i worked with were always willing to teach me what they knew and help me in any way possible.
Pros
learing opportunities
Cons
distance from home
Loved the Mgt staff,co-workers were great.
Delivery Truck Driver w Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Work day was busy during the season, moderately slow in the off season. Learned a great deal. Had great equipment to drive and good equipment to help with the deliveries.
Pros
Loved the work
Cons
Contract not renewed, job ended to soon.
Fast paced. Fun job
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
Very fast work day . Nice life/work balance. Customer satisfaction was high on the list. No hassle about what you need to d your job, Excellent training
Pros
customer oriented
Cons
Poor pay
Fast pase eviornment
Tech III (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2016
Outstanding company to work for, with many benefits in and out of the workplace, management is very diverse in knowledge and skills!
Pros
Union Backed
Cons
Great company. VERY poor local management
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2015
I worked at various different locations and loved the company as a whole.. But I had very bad experiences with local management.

They had way more chieftains than indians. on a good day there would be 3-4 techs with 5-6 managers watching everything you do and micromanaging everything that happens There is exceptions to this but they are very few and far between.
Contracted to poorly managed paper supply company.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 6, 2016
The typical work day started at 6:00 AM. Upon arrival I would inspect my truck and sign in to my electronic logs. I then helped the loaders finish loading the truck and then checked and secured my load. The length of the day varied depending on the miles driven and the type of deliveries made. I would then return to the warehouse and finalize unloading and paperwork. I was able to help my supervisor with routing which helped me keep those skills in use. The company we were contracted to work for was an interesting and sometimes frustrating experience including poor management and employees with bad attitudes as well as low safety standards. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the contracted company and not knowing when you would be finished on any given day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside in nice weather and interacting with the delivery customers.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Some long days
Good pay but very stressful
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2016
Employees constantly afraid of termination. shifts would be extended without warning by 2-4 hours mandatory. Reliable 6 days of work. Co-workers personality were great, real salt of the earth workers. Learned many skills for using time wisely.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benifits, High turn over rate
no interview
None (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 30, 2016
cant even get an interview when i am qualified for the position because my old boss and this boss are friends qualifactions mean nothing to them
Fun
MT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2016
great company to work for should be a good stepping stone for all applicants. Learned a lot from this company and will always say good things.
Great learning experience
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 15, 2016
I have started with this company as a tech and progressed through the ranks rapidly. I have greatly enjoyed my experiences with this company, but am looking for more time with my family.
not a bad place to work
Driver helper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2016
typical day is go in and make sure your load is ready and secure, go out with driver and deliver to starbucks stores. making sure that delivery is accurate for each stop. most of management is good to work with and co-workers are hit and miss to work with.
Pros
management is good
Cons
pay can be low for job duties
excellent training program
sales and Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLDecember 18, 2015
initial start of day was to follow up with past customers by phone or e-mail. Customer follow-up was critical to building your book of business. Needed to be up to date with new vehicle applications and special programs on certain vehicles, knowing sales and specials. Working with co-workers to make sure to not be doubling up on customers. Most difficult part of job was building my business, it took time to get a back log of clients and referrals. As you built up a client base you start getting a stream of business and don't find yourself having to take UPs on the floor. I truly enjoyed doing a delivery and having my customers drive away feeling very happy with the job I did and receiving high CSI marks!!
Pros
Excellent products to work with
Cons
The heat and rain in Florida had a large effect on traffic
very nice company
Shift Supervisor-Dispatch-Payroll (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 17, 2015
I have worked as a dispatcher and worked my way up to management within two years. I was put in charge of payroll of over 300 drivers. Also, was in charge of weekly fuel reports for over 200 tractors, billing for various accounts. I have never worked with a better group of people. Everyday was a good day.
Pros
I enjoyed coming to work every day
Cons
no cons